Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

I'm way behind on the Duggar's, I don't even think I watched any of the Jessa wedding and I know I didn't watch their honeymoon, so I'm sure this has been addressed 17 million times, but what is the deal with Derick's dental issues? Did he just decide to get braces or was there a medical reason behind it? I've seen it mentioned so many times, but I honestly didn't realize it's changed the whole shape of his face. 

Baby Israel is a doll baby, and I'm surprised to see so much red in his hair. 

This is just my opinion based on 3 rounds of braces myself and jaw surgery...I know a little. :)

Derrik's teeth weren't terribly crooked but his maxilla, the upper jaw was narrow. He could have been experiencing terrible TMJ pain or occlusion issues (bite) whereby his teeth weren't aligning properly. Most likely he had difficulty eating. His mother didn't provide ortho care to him as a child where his upper palate could have easily been expanded in about a year, without surgery. Once the bones have fused, you get very little expansion from an adult palate. Typically, the braces are first put on and surgery comes later. They can use the brackets to help hold the surgery in place. He has either a bone graft in the middle of the palate or they just used titanium screws in which the bone with grow around and fuse into place. It takes about a year to return to normal chewing. The orthodontist can't do anything too aggressive in this time. It is a brutal surgery. Obviously the nutritional aspects are huge. I was starving all the time and eventually blended everything not even caring if it tasted awful. Add to that the numbness that comes from having nerves cut, it is super difficult to talk properly, and it hurts. He is still very much in the healing phases. His face still has some swelling.

Jill and Derrik are asking for donations to "sponser" 2 boys in CA to help with their English. They aren't "believers", yet, per Jill, but are open.

I can't believe they are asking for money again.

• Love 10

Jill isn't going to be the person who teaches English to the sponsored boys, is she? That would be disturbing.

I wonder if their parents know how they're being used.

Poor Jill, at this point so desperate to convert SOMEONE, she'll do anything.

• Love 4

Jill and Derick have zero hope of converting anyone with their broken Spanglish, and at this point, it might just be easier to teach English to all of Guatemala...

Edited by Guest

I wonder if their parents know how they're being used.

Poor Jill, at this point so desperate to convert SOMEONE, she'll do anything.

Lets hope the parents are at home saying this gringa won't leave us alone. Lets play along and at least get some money out of it.

• Love 5

Can someone explain to me exactly what these people are doing for their mission? Are they digging wells? Going door to door to get people to embrace Jesus? I'm trying to think what productive impact they might be having, given that they can't speak the language and are completely unskilled. I mean...what's the point of it? What can they offer that the people there don't already have? And how are they supporting themselves while they're there?

On an unrelated note, since (I assume) they are bucking the trend of starting all of the kids' names with the same letter, I think a cute thing would be to have all the names rhyme. Spurgeon. Durgeon. Turgeon. Furgeon. Why not? They could work for boys or girls!

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 7

Heck, the Duggar version of English Jill can teach.   It is only a few words and phrases.

1. like

2. precious

3  uh, yeah

4. walk through

5. um

6.blessed scam

You forgot these two:

AAAAAAnnnnndddd

Special

Ugh.

The Dullards (I think Jill) posted to IG today directing people to their website for pics commemorating 2015. More money for them, as I'm sure those sites (DuggarFam, Dullards, and Seewalds) are all monetized. I'm sure Pickles found these pics there. I refuse to give their site the hit/money to confirm. 

Has anyone seen this? This is right up there with Cat-gate. Pickles posted two very disturbing photos of Izzy being swaddled that Jill and/or Derick posted on their website.

Mods feel free to remove this if it violates forum rules:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=843367502428727&id=269181913180625

Jesus Christ, those two are fucking morons. Izzy is way too old to be wrapped up like that. Jill was probably genuinely clueless as to why the poor kid was screaming his head off. As bad of a mother as Michelle was, the younger generation appears to be even worse.

• Love 10

WTF. So wrong! Is this a different sort of blanket training?

Maybe.  Part of blanket training is to teach the kiddo that he must stay still and on the blanket at all times, no matter what.  Doesn't matter that a baby of 7-8 months is naturally going to be active and off the blanket in a heartbeat.  Maybe Izzy wouldn't sit completely still with his arms at his sides (what the Pearls advocate as the appropriate endpoint for blanket training) so they swaddled him up so he couldn't move if he wanted to.  What earthly, non-abusive reason could there be for swaddling an infant Izzy's age and leaving him on the floor crying hysterically?  The Pearls actually teach that parents should tempt the baby to leave the blanket by placing a favorite toy next to it and then hitting the baby with a switch if he/she reaches for it.  If Jill and Derek believe in blanket training, they probably think binding a baby up in a blanket so he cannot move is downright humane.  If they were in the US, I would be calling CPS personally this very moment.

• Love 15

Maybe that's how they intend to keep the kid from molesting his siblings? Jill said they were going to take precautions! Gotta get him used to it now before the siblings are born. I'll bet they wish Jim Bob and Michelle had kept Josh wrapped up like that.

Edited by PityFree
  • Love 4

Another point: the photo was posted today.  The weather in Central America is currently highs in the mid 80's to 90's, lows in the 70's.  It is very humid in Central America and  almost no one has air conditioning.  Can you imagine how hot that little guy was bundled up like that and screaming?  He could easily develop heat exhaustion or even heat stroke in minutes in that environment wrapped up in a blanket.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 13

I just got home to see the actual pics on my laptop. Holy FUCK! What the HELL is Muffy thinking? 

And how stupid to post pics of your baby screaming. That has to be the DUMBEST move, like, ever! She deserves every bit of bad publicity she's going to get. 

• Love 13

I am so angered by that photo of that poor baby. What kind of fucking animals do that to their own child, let alone post pictures of the abuse. Izzy is clearly in distress. Derrick and Jill, please take note: swaddling is a technique to calm newborns and promote sleep but is discouraged by the AAP for infants older than two months that have the ability to roll over intentionally. It is not a device to control a normally developing curious tot. Why would anyone in their right mind do what they have done at least twice to Izzy. I am not normally a violent person but I feel rage toward those two.

• Love 11

This must be an example of the wonderful values that Jim Bob and Michelle teach their children and that viewers have so missed without the show. Over 2.4 million people tuned in the other night to watch these idiots. And they're supposedly the epitome of family-friendliness in the media. So I'm sure we're all missing something.

Not sure whether I'm more confused about why you would do this, why you would photograph it, or why you would post it online. Doesn't contradict my theory that they're all just extremely stupid, though.

I hope Izzy, Spurgeon and Meredyth all support each other in their quest to find a good therapist one day to help them deal with the crap that happened to them as little ones. They're all going to need it.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 15

I am so angered by that photo of that poor baby. What kind of fucking animals do that to their own child, let alone post pictures of the abuse. Izzy is clearly in distress. Derrick and Jill, please take note: swaddling is a technique to calm newborns and promote sleep but is discouraged by the AAP for infants older than two months that have the ability to roll over intentionally. It is not a device to control a normally developing curious tot. Why would anyone in their right mind do what they have done at least twice to Izzy. I am not normally a violent person but I feel rage toward those two.

Hopefully the tabloids - maybe even the mainstream media - will find this soon. This really is beyond barbaric - and these two are allowed to reproduce. They shouldn't even be allowed to drive.  

• Love 10

Certainly, things like corporal punishment, even of young kids, is common in Central America.  My mission group in El Salvador goes into schools and talks to middle schoolers through teens about domestic violence and relationships.  It is not uncommon for men to physically abuse their partners and it is often ignored or accepted as a normal part of relationships.  We explain that violence of any sort is wrong and it is important to report abusers and not hide their crimes or condone them.

For that matter, child molestation is considered a private family matter in many cases ands going to the authorities is discouraged or even punished.  We worked with a young teen whose mother had died and whose father molested her when she was about 6.  Her grandmother and other family told her to keep quiet about it.  She told an aunt who took her to the authorities who pressed charged.  Her father was sent to prison due to her testimony.  She now lives with her aunt and the rest of the family has cut them off and won't speak to them.  The others are in regular contact with her father in jail, though.  The Duggars might fit right in in Central America.

• Love 7

The thing is, I don't think Jill would willfully do anything to harm her kid. In her immature, uneducated mind she probably figured "hey, swaddling works great for newborns, so why wouldn't it work on a seven month old who's the size of a two year old." Logic isn't exactly the Duggars' strong suit.

• Love 11

The thing is, I don't think Jill would willfully do anything to harm her kid. In her immature, uneducated mind she probably figured "hey, swaddling works great for newborns, so why wouldn't it work on a seven month old who's the size of a two year old." Logic isn't exactly the Duggars' strong suit.

Jill's already cared for numerous infants. No excuse for ignorance.

The Duggars might fit right in in Central America.

"I was called to Central America" -Josh, in a few months.

• Love 7

Those pictures are not posted in chronological order (not sure why) so not sure how old Iz is in those picture though he looks too old for swaddling.  I don't think there is ill intent and I doubt he is damaged for life because of it.  Also I have friends who are great parents who often shared "bad time" pictures of their kids/babies crying.  As the kids got older the bad time pics were relished because they were often kids crying over not so bad times.  I do think the Dills love Izzy and would not purposely harm him.  He is happy in all his other pics so I don't think this is a big deal.  CPS would laugh at such a report.  They will get negative feedback that he is too old for swaddling and will stop.  He is usually a happy baby and will be fine even with his immature parents mistakes.    

• Love 3

Both pictures Izzy is in or on a bed. The first one he is on an adult bed. The second he is in a pack-and-play. He may still be swaddled to sleep, which is uncommon but not unheard of in older babies. Especially in the crunchy granola crowd.

It's idiotic they posted the pictures. I also have some snaps of my baby crying to show her when she's older.

• Love 1

Say this is a passive aggressive way to pull the pin?

Jill's too into being a 'star', i mean ministering, and her cushy third-world gig is the best outcome out of all the Duggar kids. I'm going with stupidity. Also, the Jillards likely have enough squirreled away to hang out in that apartment doing nothing for years. I'm sure Jill wants enough so they could do nothing for the rest of their lives.

This wasn't a good move for an aspiring midwife, either.

• Love 3

See, I can understand saving a pic like that to PRIVATELY show the kid when he's older as a family joke (because in their minds, they did nothing wrong). But to post that publicly when they know that there is the potential for MILLIONS of people to see it?

Beyond stupid. These are incredibly sheltered, stupid people acting as sheltered, stupid people do. 

• Love 8