Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

Come sit by me.  I once did a rage post against someone who used "cold" as a verb.  "My father lives in a state where it colds hard"  

No!

Just no!

I wanted a vomiting status icon for that but there was none, lol.  I’ve been mad for years at whatever Olympic color commentators made ‘medal’ into a verb.  The first time somebody said ‘he/she is poised to medal,’ I was confused before I was enraged.  I thought they said ‘meddle’.  I said ‘what?  You mean like Tonya Harding?’

• LOL 11
  • Love 5
On 3/29/2019 at 1:12 AM, latetotheparty said:

@mynextmistake you are brilliant. Sam hiding his journal always makes me laugh the hardest. 

I wish I’d thought of saving these all in one place when you started writing these. They are a joy. 

"hardtack and oversalted gruel" got me 😂

• Love 10
5 hours ago, BitterApple said:

The kids are adorable. Sam looks more like Jessa than Jill and Derick.

I agree!  He has a really different look than the other Dullards. 

2 hours ago, Love2dance said:

Oh oh. Look what just popped up on my Facebook page:

😂

We HAVE to tweet that to her!  🤣

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Yeah, there do seem to be ever more and more verbed words coming (or trying to push their way) into the language, but where would we be without this process? Plenty of now commonplace verbs were seen as hopelessly ugly, inelegant, and even barbarous when they were first coined.

http://blog.writeathome.com/index.php/2013/09/verbing-weirds-language-when-nouns-become-verbs/

Despite having posted the "Verbing Weirds Language" meme (because it just cracks me up), I agree with you. Language is not something that can be caught in amber.

• Love 7
(edited)
13 hours ago, Portia said:

verbing.jpg

Anna described the movie as “impactful” and now JD says it was “impacting.” FFS.

4AFDE7EA-0E35-407A-9582-69FC6A48DA41.png

13 hours ago, Portia said:

verbing.jpg

Anna described the movie as “impactful” and now JD says it was “impacting.” FFS. What about simply “moving?”

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Love 5

The Duggars all seem to want Pro-Choice folks to watch this movie. I can just imagine the conversations among them. They must feel the propaganda film isn't doing any good unless the 'other side' sees it. I wonder if they realize the majority of Pro-Choicers have never terminated a pregnancy.

• Love 23

Izzy and Sam are so cute.  Izzy is really growing up and looking like a mini Derick.  I hate to think of that sweet little boy becoming all tweety and hate-filled like #bestpapaever.  It just makes me sad for them.  

• Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

The Duggars all seem to want Pro-Choice folks to watch this movie. I can just imagine the conversations among them. They must feel the propaganda film isn't doing any good unless the 'other side' sees it. I wonder if they realize the majority of Pro-Choicers have never terminated a pregnancy.

I always wonder - don't they realize that their entire family was built on opposing abortion? John isn't so much a person as he is a political statement by his parents. If it's ever made totally illegal in the US they'd instantly lose their hook, and, well, fame. There be a lot more large families. They need this (propaganda fantasy) to continue. After all, isn't Derick going to be a voice for the voiceless as a lawyer? Maybe he can stick up for the poor machine guns, or something, next.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 7
51 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

I always wonder - don't they realize that their entire family was built on opposing abortion? John isn't so much a person as he is a political statement by his parents. If it's ever made totally illegal in the US they'd instantly lose their hook, and, well, fame. There be a lot more large families. They need this (propaganda fantasy) to continue. After all, isn't Derick going to be a voice for the voiceless as a lawyer? Maybe he can stick up for the poor machine guns, or something, next.

I think the fundies and certainly the Duggar/Dillards are already moving towards opposition to (hatred of) lgbtq in case abortion becomes completely illegal.  There will always be pathways to try to force their viewpoint on others.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, BetyBee said:

I think the fundies and certainly the Duggar/Dillards are already moving towards opposition to (hatred of) lgbtq in case abortion becomes completely illegal.  There will always be pathways to try to force their viewpoint on others.  

True, but even that hill won't last much longer, and it's a lot of preaching to the choir there. Ironically LGBTQ acceptance would increase church attendance in many places. Kind of hard to sell as a lifestyle, as well.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Beats Jilly Muffin's lunches.

That pic could be interpreted in a plethora of ways. None of which Derick would be pleased with. And it appears it's a selfie.

Dumb and dumber those two are.

• LOL 4
  • Love 14

I think it's true, however with a different meaning than Derick is implying.

I think they were letting the Dillards quietly fade away without fanfare or finger pointing after they were let go. Then Derick again did a hate tweet. I'm guessing TLC felt the push back by viewers and felt they had to announce their break-up with the Dillards.

• Love 13
10 hours ago, BetyBee said:

I think the fundies and certainly the Duggar/Dillards are already moving towards opposition to (hatred of) lgbtq in case abortion becomes completely illegal. 

I think hatred of lgbtq will be a harder hill to mount than abortion. I know a lot of anti-abortion Christians who have no problems with the lgbtq community. These days most families have a beloved family member who is out and they realize that love is love and people are people. Abortion is an easy one to oppose because "Murdering Babies!" I think if it became illegal, hard-core Christians would move on to further demonize birth control, women's health clinics, and illegitimate births.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

So wait, where was that comment found?  Is it from a TLC Countin On Facebook comments section?   Does he actually spend time reading the comments to see what people are saying about him?   He needs to move on.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

So wait, where was that comment found?  Is it from a TLC Countin On Facebook comments section?   Does he actually spend time reading the comments to see what people are saying about him?   He needs to move on.

It was on Derick’s Twitter.

• Useful 1
18 minutes ago, Jenniferbug said:

It is ridiculous how they all keep yammering on about what an impact this movie had on them. How? Not a one of them was pro choice before seeing that movie. Nothing in their attitudes or opinions about abortion were changed by watching this movie. It did not impact them in the slightest.

Exactly.

• Love 11
(edited)
34 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

All it did was support their already poorly informed and narrow viewpoint.  What if someone made a film where a woman had a serious health problem and  was counseled that terminating the pregnancy would be the best option but she declined and both she and the baby died horrible deaths?  Or a film about a woman who discovers that her child has devastating, non-treatable birth defects and decides to continue the pregnancy and we get to see her going to work, grocery shopping, even interacting with friends and family where she has to constantly deal with people asking when she is due, what she is having, what names she's chosen.  Or face telling her friends to cancel the baby shower.  Then, let's see her go through a difficult labor and delivery and have the child be born, only to die a day or two later.  No matter how anyone feels about abortion, it is the height of arrogance to tell people facing devastating choices that they have no right to make their own decisions.

My mother had a very rough pregnancy when I was five or six. She had to be rushed to Great Falls by ambulance with a nurse. She almost died and my baby brother was still born. He would have been severely disabled, in constant pain 24/7, numerous health issues, and would died within a few months. My parents were not the best parents in the world, but I know they would not have wanted their son to suffer, and to see what it would have done to their other children. I am pro-choice especially in situations like this. I never got to know my brother, but I feel he is with me, and we have a special bond. Plus the fact, he is my guardian angel who has help me get through some hard times in my life.

The Duggars have no rights to tell a woman what to do. After what Smugs did to his own sisters more than once. He violated his sisters' rights for safety and respect in relations to their own bodies, and Ma and Pa Stupid did nothing to protect their own daughters, so they have no rights to tell others how to live.

Edited by bigskygirl
21 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Or, suppose someone had the nerve to make a film that depicted the truth of what happens when safe and legal terminations are not available? Would they watch that film and encourage others to look at things in a different way?  Somehow, I doubt this crowd has watched 'A Handmaid's Tale'.  For that matter, 'Call the Midwife' would be far too liberal for them, what with even the nuns concerned about the women in their neighborhood who are having illegal abortions and facing deadly complications.  A bunch of nuns who don't turn any woman in need away, who don't lecture or hand out Bible tracts or try to shame a woman who has tried to end a pregnancy; who are actually empathetic and understanding that real people leading real lives are often faced with impossible choices and have to do the best they can.

I'd pay to see them watch the last  episode of Call the Midwife, in which a back alley abortion went all wrong. The young woman ended up having a hysterectomy. Is that what they really want?

• Love 5
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I'd pay to see them watch the last  episode of Call the Midwife, in which a back alley abortion went all wrong. The young woman ended up having a hysterectomy. Is that what they really want?

What do you expect? These are the same people who think a woman should be happy to find out she was pregnant after being raped.

Edited by bigskygirl
43 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

They want he “other side” to give this propaganda a chance, but certainly won’t reciprocate and view any pro choice films or materials.

I believe in their minds the only women who seek terminations are selfish, vain sluts who would rather keep on living their sinful secular lives then to take care of a child.  They believe that us heathen women are having abortions left and right because we need Jesus.   So if we see this movie we will have a change of heart, find the right Jesus, stop drinking,  find a godly husband, quit our jobs, and start birthin babies.

• Love 12