Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

Will she have time to tweet if she has Izzy?  Hmm.

I did a quick run through of all the photo entries over at the contest.  Jill's seems to be the ONLY photo OUT OF FOCUS! and tilted.  Yes, a couple of others have a parent in them - like reading beside the kid or to the kid, I think.  I would have ignored those if I was going to vote, because it's a KID photo contest.  I think that had she just put Izzy and ONLY Izzy in the photo with his smile, he might have won, without her ever mentioning it on social media, because his smile seems to light up everything.  Most of the other photos have the kids almost studiously or boringly reading the book.  Although I do like the farm one, the riding the horse, trampoline and the beekeeper.  But Jill's photo is absolutely horrid as far as composition and focus.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Westiepeach said:

Seriously, Clingy Jilly can’t be away from Dullard for one freaking week? Come on now!

She may have to end up taking care of her two children by herself. We cannot have that! Plus some heathen female might lure Derelict away from her. *rolling eyes*

12 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Plus some heathen female might lure Derelict away from her. *rolling eyes*

I would pay money to see Derelict get hit on by a couple of gay guys and he would be so clueless he probably wouldn't realize it.  Is it wrong to sort of dream that he gets arrested in Mexico for his "interpretive" dancing skills - for like being a public nuisance?  What would Clingy Jilly do then?

• Love 7
2 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

I wonder if anyone has asked Cross Church why a non-student is going on trips with them.  Shouldn't this be a student only trip?  I wonder what they would say?  

Possibly Derick and Jill are justifying her presence on the trip by claiming that she will be a chaperone for the unmarried girls in the group. She is, after all, a proper married lady and she has years of experience as an accountability partner and as a tattletale. 

ETA: Oops, Marge Gunderson beat me to it. Great minds think alike.

Edited by Albanyguy
  • Love 16

In my experience of these campus Christian groups, married couples as adults of the group is what they want.  They want to have examples of a godly marriage for the students to see.  In their eyes Jill and Derrck is something to emulate --virgins who waited until marriage.   I had a roommate in college who was involved with a group called Campus Crusade for Christ and this Cross Church group reminds me of that. 

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

In my experience of these campus Christian groups, married couples as adults of the group is what they want.  They want to have examples of a godly marriage for the students to see.  In their eyes Jill and Derrck is something to emulate --virgins who waited until marriage.   I had a roommate in college who was involved with a group called Campus Crusade for Christ and this Cross Church group reminds me of that. 

Yes- also in among these groups an unrelated man (unless he is quite elderly) wouldn’t be an appropriate chaperone for an unmarried young woman. Having his wife tag along provides a chaperone for the young women (supposedly). 

• Love 7

Omg, she’s sitting in his lap in that photo?!  Just because she can?!  To show those other mission wannabes that the Dillards can now show off their PDAs anywhere since they’re a married couple?  They just can’t sit there and smile normally like everyone else. 

• Love 24
50 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Yes- also in among these groups an unrelated man (unless he is quite elderly) wouldn’t be an appropriate chaperone for an unmarried young woman. Having his wife tag along provides a chaperone for the young women (supposedly). 

Yeah. I can’t specifically speak to cross church, but at my cousin’s fundie-lite church any trips organized for the youth or college groups include a male and a female chaperone. The church would think it was improper to have young women supervised by a single man. They also prefer that the chaperones be a married couple if possible, to eliminate any possibility of hanky panky between them. As much as I hate to give this couple the benefit of the doubt, it is possible Jill is going along at the request of the church, and since she is still breastfeeding Sam taking him along too isn’t unreasonable.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

Possibly Derick and Jill are justifying her presence on the trip by claiming that she will be a chaperone for the unmarried girls in the group.

So, they literally paid 3 grand so she could call herself Tia Jill to a bunch of people who'd be binge drinking and sexing it up if they weren't so uptight. Awesome.

• Love 20
14 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

So, they literally paid 3 grand so she could call herself Tia Jill to a bunch of people who'd be binge drinking and sexing it up if they weren't so uptight. Awesome.

Yup.  And I bet after dealing with a baby being dragged along with them the entire time, some of those kids are gonna be re-evaluating that binge drinking thing.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

I would pay money to see Derelict get hit on by a couple of gay guys and he would be so clueless he probably wouldn't realize it.  Is it wrong to sort of dream that he gets arrested in Mexico for his "interpretive" dancing skills - for like being a public nuisance?  What would Clingy Jilly do then?

She would freak out and start crying while praying Jesus will save him. I would also love to see a couple of gay guys hit on him. I would laugh for a month. Okay make it a couple of months. He definitely would have no clue and probably would try to save the gay men by turning them to Jesus.

17 hours ago, queenanne said:

Yeah, and I like babies and would consider him a treat.  I do, however, understand that for some people, infant crying is like sticking pointed drills in their ears.

Considering what my student trip to Guadalajara was like, a baby would have severely cramped our style.  But our trip did include tequila, dancing til late at night, looking for ice cream, shopping in the marketplace, swimming and stuff like that.  I remember going to a shop and being handed a shot of tequila while I browsed.  It was made of awesome!

Edited by Natalie68
  • Love 8
16 hours ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

And the part about acting like adults.

I am also curious why a group of college students, who by definition are adults, need chaperones?  I can see the group leader attending but a chaperone?  If I can vote and live on my own, I don't need a chaperone.  Let alone a clinger who cannot let her headship out of the country without his wife and baby.  Clearly Dickweed isn't needed to keep Sam on a feeding schedule.

15 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

We have that at my school

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I am also curious why a group of college students, who by definition are adults, need chaperones?  I can see the group leader attending but a chaperone?  If I can vote and live on my own, I don't need a chaperone.  Let alone a clinger who cannot let her headship out of the country without his wife and baby.  Clearly Dickweed isn't needed to keep Sam on a feeding schedule.

Because they aren't married, therefore, they aren't really adults (at least in fundie-land).

• Love 10
25 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I am also curious why a group of college students, who by definition are adults, need chaperones?  I can see the group leader attending but a chaperone?  If I can vote and live on my own, I don't need a chaperone. 

1. To prevent hooking up.

2. To prove that there’s no way anyone could be hooking up, because they’re supervised.

I lived at home during college. No way could I have gone on an overnight trip in “mixed company” without chaperones.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Abstract said:

1. To prevent hooking up.

2. To prove that there’s no way anyone could be hooking up, because they’re supervised.

I lived at home during college. No way could I have gone on an overnight trip in “mixed company” without chaperones.

I see what you are saying.  But clearly if an adult wants to hook up is having Jill Duggar around really gonna stop you?  The trip I referenced to Guadalajara took place when I was 15.  We had several chaperones and still we were able to do what we want.  I do want to point out our school was pretty shitty.  However, if someone told ME when I was 18-22 that they were going to be the boss of me on a trip out of the country I would have laughed.  

• Love 9
46 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I see what you are saying.  But clearly if an adult wants to hook up is having Jill Duggar around really gonna stop you?  The trip I referenced to Guadalajara took place when I was 15.  We had several chaperones and still we were able to do what we want.  I do want to point out our school was pretty shitty.  However, if someone told ME when I was 18-22 that they were going to be the boss of me on a trip out of the country I would have laughed.  

But this is a group of conservative fundamentalist protestants.  None of these kids is looking for a night of tequila in Mexico.  In fact, if some did sneak out to party or hook up, the group would ice those individuals out.  All of them believe they are doing Gods work by passing out tracks and witnessing at the beach (I'm assuming on the latter, but I know groups like these do that).  Now my high school Catholic youth group or college Newman Center are a different story.  Our mission trips included actual mission work and clear vacation activities.  

• Love 9

About that silly photo of Jill and Izzy, pretending like she's going to cut his hair, why does Jill have a pair of sharp scissors pointing UPWARDS? They should be held by the 'scissor-end' and safely in the palm of her hand, pointing DOWNWARD....idiot.

• Love 10

I'm confused about whether Derick is a chaperone or one of the participants on the Guadalajara mission trip.  Isn't this part of his program and the other participants are his equals? Or is it him and college students?  Is one of the people running his missionary program also supervising the group?   

• Love 5
On 3/18/2018 at 6:18 PM, Celia Rubenstein said:

Agreed.

There is something cheesy about a semi-famous person entering her kid in a beautiful baby contest to begin with (to snag a measly $350 prize, no less).  That stuff is for plain old regular people, isn't it?  

But what puts it over the top is that by including her big ol' donkey mug in the picture, Jill made her (long-time reality tv show star) self part of the entry. It may not be technically against the rules but it does feel like it violates the spirit of the contest. It's supposed to be about cute kids with books, not their D-List celebrity mothers and her pack of leg humping followers.

If Jill had skipped posting about it on social media and just entered a picture of Israel alone and left it to the masses to recognize him and/or vote for him just based on his photo, it wouldn't be so off-putting. He would have been on closer to even footing with all the other kids. But she included her own face in the picture then advertised the contest to give her son an advantage that other kids won't have because their moms have not been on TV for the last 10 years and don't have social media accounts followed by thousands of fans.  And she did it for three hundred and fifty stinkin' dollars. 

It's just tacky.

I totally agree. It's also NOT AT ALL modest, yet these people claim that they're incredible examples of modesty and hold modesty as something oh-so-important. 

16 hours ago, MichaelaRae said:

Among all the hypocrisy of the Dullard, the latest is that his "headship" has twatted about the shame of exploiting children for adult motives - except when #wifey uses a photo of herself and the kiddos to try to win a $350 photo contest after he talks about he and #wifey didn't get paid by TLC and had to pay off all of these medical bills for having children he let God plan for him and b) he spends thousands to go on a missioncation - it appears with #wifey and b) he and/or his in-laws post photos of their kiddos in their anti-choice shirts at protests. Because it's only exploitation of kids if it's not YOUR beliefs, right?

And this.^^^

Hypocrisy, thy name is Duggar (and Dillard). 

• Love 11

I did a quick peak at Cathy's Twitter feed.  No posts about her fabulous son being in Mexico, and no mention of spending quality time with her grandson Izzy.  Just how wonderful she's doing picking march madness teams.  Hmm, wondering if that means that Jana has Izzy as well as everyone else.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, awaken said:

Omg, she’s sitting in his lap in that photo?!  Just because she can?!  To show those other mission wannabes that the Dillards can now show off their PDAs anywhere since they’re a married couple?  They just can’t sit there and smile normally like everyone else. 

He’s emulating Jim Boob and Mess-chelle when they were dry humping in front of the Dullards at the mini golf, rubbing it in their noses that Boob and Mess got to have sex and they couldn’t. So Derelict and Jilly muffin are going to rub the fact that they get to have sex in the faces of those unmarried students who are doing “the wrong thing” by going to college instead of getting married and popping out tons of kids for God. 

And we all knew that if Jilly muffin couldn’t handle being separated from her husband for 8 hours while he worked at Walmart then there was no way she could handle him being away from her for a whole week. Lol

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Ocean Chick said:

He’s emulating Jim Boob and Mess-chelle when they were dry humping in front of the Dullards at the mini golf, rubbing it in their noses that Boob and Mess got to have sex and they couldn’t. So Derelict and Jilly muffin are going to rub the fact that they get to have sex in the faces of those unmarried students who are doing “the wrong thing” by going to college instead of getting married and popping out tons of kids for God. 

And we all knew that if Jilly muffin couldn’t handle being separated from her husband for 8 hours while he worked at Walmart then there was no way she could handle him being away from her for a whole week. Lol

I'm guessing a LOT of the young women in the class are like - EWWW when it comes to Derick, so they are probably like, Jill if you want to have sex with that, you're not making me jealous.  It just means he won't try to hit on me.  Shudder.

• Love 17
8 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

I'm guessing a LOT of the young women in the class are like - EWWW when it comes to Derick, so they are probably like, Jill if you want to have sex with that, you're not making me jealous.  It just means he won't try to hit on me.  Shudder.

Derick and Jill could be considered walking and talking advertisement for the anti-sex, anti-marriage and pro birth control groups.

Derick and Jill could be considered walking and talking advertisement for the anti-sex, anti-marriage and pro birth control groups.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that had I spent one of my spring breaks in college with a group that included a couple with an infant, it would have just made me even more conscientious about taking my birth control and even more inclined to support easy access to birth control. 

Just babysitting a kid for a few hours would have that effect on me at that age.  Taking a trip with an infant along? It definitely has to be good birth control for the college kids on the mission trip.

My guess is the guys on the trip are looking at Derick's appendage-of-a-wife and thinking that getting married soon/young doesn't look like such a great idea, either. (And I'm sure the girls aren't all praying that Jesus sends them a Derick anytime soon, either). 

They're definitely proof that you should know your partner really, really well and for a good amount of time before marrying and pro-creating with them. 

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 23
1 minute ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

My guess is the guys on the trip are looking at Derick's appendage-of-a-wife and thinking that getting married right soon/young doesn't look like such a great idea, either. (And I'm sure the girls aren't all praying that Jesus sends them a Derick anytime soon, either). 

Yea.  The guys are probably like clingy wife and 2 kids already.  Um, no.  College.  Job.  Then work on the family stuff.  And the girls are also saying, Right, don't marry the first guy that shows me some attention.  Got it.  And get my degree.  And a job. 

• Love 16

When you think about it the whole Duggar clan including sons and daughters-in-law could be good advertisement for pro birth control, pro education, and pro equal rights for everyone. I would not be surprised if Derelict and Jill hit up someone in the group for babysitting duties and/or are spreading their bs spiel on how to have a happy marriage and raise children the right way. Enough to make a normal person sick or run to the nearest medical clinic to sign up for a certain medical procedure to stop the chances of getting pregnant or your future wife pregnant. In fact, they may cause a sharp rise in wanting to hit the bottle or ask for sleeping pills.

@Ohiopirate02 we had campus crusade at my school, too! I went a few times with friends, but it really creeped me out so I quit going. There was this young female leader who acted really fakey-fake with the most obnoxious girls, and they were ALL just like Jill...perky, annoying, and self-righteous. That group definitely tended to skew super conservative! I tried a couple other Christian groups, and they were all super normal.  Campus crusade was kind of creepy!

also I remember going to the beach with my middle school youth group, which included my youth pastor's wife and sick two-year-old son. It was misery!!! The son slept in the girls' dorm with us, and SCREAMED all night at the top of his lungs! During the day, the wife needed her "sleep," so we weren't allowed in the dorm for any reason. It was horrible!!! We also weren't allowed to talk at all in the van because he was sleeping, and it was a five hour drive. We eventually convinced the other chaperone to switch vans at a gas station halfway home, and had a blast! I can attest that jill is making everyone miserable, in many different ways!

• Love 17

I just looked it up and Mexico is 91% Christian. The US has about 24% non-believers, and Canada has about the same number. So, why does Mexico needs a bunch of students from Arkansas to serve as "missionaries" to their country? If they were actually going to DO something (build schools, dig wells, etc.) it might make sense, but their stated goal is to hand out tracts.

• Love 16
1 minute ago, cmr2014 said:

I just looked it up and Mexico is 91% Christian. The US has about 24% non-believers, and Canada has about the same number. So, why does Mexico needs a bunch of students from Arkansas to serve as "missionaries" to their country? If they were actually going to DO something (build schools, dig wells, etc.) it might make sense, but their stated goal is to hand out tracts.

I saw a Cross Church video on Instagram of the student "missionaries" playing on a homemade slip'n'slide. At least I think it was recorded in Guadalajara. smh

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

They are Catholics hence not “real” Christians

• Love 15
24 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

Because they can't just take a vacation like the rest of us,  so they pass out tracts or witness at the beach or at an amusement park.   It's all Jesus all the time.

• Love 11
42 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

Yes but most of the Christians of Mexico are Catholic and thus not the “right kind of Christian”. 

• Love 6
23 hours ago, Adeejay said:

19K&C is one of my forum faves.  However, I avoid this thread like the plague, so I have no idea what's going on with the Dillards.  Unfortunately, I couldn't miss a story in today's UK Daily Mail.  I thought it strange that Derick would criticize a show on TLC.   I had no idea that it was because TLC refused to help them pay the medical bills for Samuel's time in the NICU.  I was under the impression that they got paid to appear on the show.  I didn't know they were volunteers.  

Derick didn't just criticize another TLC show.  He blatantly attacked a teenage girl multiple times on Twitter.  As for the 'volunteering', he loves to play semantics when it comes to his tweets.  He couldn't just tell a person what color shirt he was wearing.  He would have to make a point of saying it's not blue, but it's not quite green either.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, JennyMominFL said:

They are Catholics hence not “real” Christians

My roommate in college, 1995, invited Campus Crusade for Christ to our dorm, her sister had been a member. The thing was, our college basically deemed them a cult and they weren't allowed in the dorms unescorted. They had to sign in, have the front desk people call your room, and you had to go down to get them and then sign them back out. The real kicker was they about shit when I told them I an antsiest and my grandmother was Mormon. Roommate spent the following months dodging them until I finally had enough one night and when off on them when they called for her. Roommate was pretty horrible and while Campus Crusade scared her, she had a group of religious fanatics she hung out with who were absolutely giddy one night to tell everyone that Vince had become a Christian. I stupidly said he already was, it should be shocking to no one that a boy named Vince was Italian Catholic. She snottily told me Catholics aren't Christian. Yeah, just in case I didn't already hate her enough. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

Yes but most of the Christians of Mexico are Catholic and thus not the “right kind of Christian”. 

I get that, but is being Catholic worse than being an atheist in their world? 

I find it interesting that the people they want to convert are poor and brown, and already Christian. They don't want seem to be compelled to save American or Canadian atheists -- who, conveniently, can speak English -- because . . .

• Love 13
15 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

I find it interesting that the people they want to convert are poor and brown, and already Christian. They don't want seem to be compelled to save American or Canadian atheists -- who, conveniently, can speak English -- because . . .

They will also go to Europe to try to convert the locals, it just depends on the season.  It's March and they want to get some surf, sand, and sun.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

But how will they explain the differences if they can't really speak Spanish?

1 hour ago, cmr2014 said:

They don't seem compelled to save American or Canadian Catholics either, and there are lots of them.

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, Zella said:

It's a twofer: They get to try to convert Catholics and sinful Americans down there on spring break. 

Ha!

1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

But how will they explain the differences if they can't really speak Spanish?

They don't seem compelled to save American or Canadian Catholics either, and there are lots of them.

To part 1- they won’t explain, the Holy spirit will radiate through them. 

To part 2- because they would tell them to fuck off. 

• Love 10