Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

Going back to the begging of this thread…pre-any scandal, some of the first page comments aged very badly, while others still hold up. It’s a trip for those who have time on boring virtual meetings. 

• LOL 18
Just now, Trillium said:

Going back to the begging of this thread…pre-any scandal, some of the first page comments aged very badly, while others still hold up. It’s a trip for those who have time on boring virtual meetings. 

Examples?

9 minutes ago, SMama said:

Examples?

I’m can never intentionally get multiple quotes to work, but if you hit the << you can jump to page one. 

Some thought he wasn’t “that bad” and was quite accomplished for his age. Others (most) had pegged him as lazy and arrogant. 

Edited by Trillium
  • Useful 3
  • Love 8

Well, someone on the front page predicted Anna wouldn't have more than 7 kids, which seems likely to be the case.  Of course, she predicted that Anna would come to the realization that she couldn't handle more than that, but, still, good guess.  I don't think anyone was predicting that Anna would be able to use the Lost Girls as Sister Moms, but that seems to be what happened.

• Useful 7
  • Love 4

Reading along some of the recent posts and a thought occurred to me. 

Anna’s not doing to bad sticking by Josh. 

She’s had a mini vacation from kids staying with Josh at his location.

She’s gotten rid of sex pest for maybe 20 or more years. No more worrying what he’s doing. 

She’s the wife who stuck it out with Duggers CP son so they have to love that. 

She’s living rent free in the family compound with lots of company and help. 

The brothers will fly her to prison for visits. 

Did she plan it to end like this or did it all just fall in her lap!

Maybe Anna’s the anointed one!!!

• LOL 20
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I wonder if Anna can drive the RV? Don't they usually spend Christmas with the Kellers?

If Anna wants to spend Christmas with her family, I would hope that JB would allow JD or one of the other pilot sons to fly her and the kids down there on one of his planes.  But, it's JB we're talking about, probably not.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

If Anna wants to spend Christmas with her family, I would hope that JB would allow JD or one of the other pilot sons to fly her and the kids down there on one of his planes.  But, it's JB we're talking about, probably not.

I don't think they have a plane that would fit nine/ten people [Anna, seven kids, the pilot, and a helper (probably Jana).]  They'd have to take two or more planes.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

I don't think they have a plane that would fit nine/ten people [Anna, seven kids, the pilot, and a helper (probably Jana).]  They'd have to take two or more planes.

That still makes more sense than Anna driving herself and 7 kids including a newborn who probably needs to nurse every few hours on a 700+ mile drive.  Even taking Jana and one of the boys to help with the driving, that would be a nightmare.

Or, you know, JB could buy commercial airline tickets for them.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

They have a 13 seater.

8 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

Or, you know, JB could buy commercial airline tickets for them.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Useful 3
  • LOL 9
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, SMama said:

They have a 13 seater.

Wow, I didn't know they had one that size.  I was thinking they had two or three 4-seaters only.  WOACB said on a recent video that she was told they have a fleet of about 15 planes. 

• Useful 3

Duggar Aviation llc has the 10 seater plane and a helicopter registered to them. 3 Duggar Aviation planes' registrations were transferred to Jeer's llcs. One of those was sold to a Beaver Creek acres llc in TN. Jeer formed a new llc with a 6 seater plane tail # and that plane seems to still be registered to some surgeon's llc in florida. JD possible owns a few others planes, but I have not really looked for any.

if they have 15 planes they have hidden/buried the registrations pretty well.

• Useful 6
  • Love 9
46 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

Wow, I didn't know they had one that size.  I was thinking they had two or three 4-seaters only.  WOACB said on a recent video that she was told they have a fleet of about 15 planes. 

IIRC it’s a Mitsubishi, there’s an old picture of JD flying Amy, Deanna, Grandma Mary, and other Duggars for a day in the snow slopes.

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

If I were Anna, I'd hunker down at the TTH this Christmas. If she goes to Florida and word gets out, she'll have reporters and cameras swarming around her parents' house and I doubt if the Kellers could provide her with the security and privacy of the Duggar compound. And for all we know, the Kellers may not have invited her this year.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Albanyguy said:

If she goes to Florida and word gets out, she'll have reporters and cameras swarming around her parents' house and I doubt if the Kellers could provide her with the security and privacy of the Duggar compound.

Nah, nobody cares. They are not on anybody’s radar at all.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

Could we possibly switch to Josh the criminal (or something similar) in the near future? There are no Josh fans here, and we all know he was convicted for possession of CSA, so for the sake of everyone's sanity, maybe we can leave the pedophile/CSA descriptor out.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

How about "the convict"? 

I like the sound of that. Simple. Accurate. Traditional. No triggers. 🙂

In the timeless words of that wise philosopher Jack Sparrow,”I like it; easy to remember.”

I say we keep the original thread title.  We al know what the bastard did, no need to memorialize it. And just think of all the unfortunate things he and Ofsmuggar will do while he’s in the pokey.  The title is like the gift that keeps on giving. 

• Love 24
3 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

In the timeless words of that wise philosopher Jack Sparrow,”I like it; easy to remember.”

I say we keep the original thread title.  We al know what the bastard did, no need to memorialize it. And just think of all the unfortunate things he and Ofsmuggar will do while he’s in the pokey.  The title is like the gift that keeps on giving. 

This conversation was regarding how Josh is referred to during posts, not the title of the thread. However, I will respectfully disagree about keeping the title. CSA and the molestations, IMO are hardly unfortunate events.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, Trillium said:

Felon has a nice ring to it as well. 

I agree.  For our discussions here - not necessarily for the topic title -  I like "The Felon" or "Felon" or "Josh the Felon" more than "Pest" or "Sex Pest." 

As @Ijustwantsomechips said, we know what the bastard did. Well, we know what has come to light in public and the crimes that led to his convictions. 

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Iguessnot said:

I believe the current title is perfect because it's nuanced. As things have escalated, the title has become even more snarky. We don't know where the story will continue to lead, so I feel changing the title just to highlight a verdict has no appeal to me.

I wouldn't want to highlight the verdict either. I see know reason for it to be mentioned. A simple title would be great.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Iguessnot said:

I believe the current title is perfect because it's nuanced. As things have escalated, the title has become even more snarky. We don't know where the story will continue to lead, so I feel changing the title just to highlight a verdict has no appeal to me.

Totally agree with this. I see no reason at all to change the title.

It's just as apt now as it ever was to me because I've always seen it as a title that's supposed to encompass the story of that whole young family, especially the children and their fate. Which is unfortunate as all get out. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 22
2 minutes ago, quarks said:

Just noting that in A Series of Unfortunate Events, books and show, the events aren't just "unfortunate" either - they include murder, child abuse, enforced child labor, arson, corruption, and theft.  

(Neil Patrick Harris is just brilliant in the show.)

Exactly. 

• Love 7

Keep the title the same.  Nothing is off the table anymore, and things getting stranger and stranger is a given. Honestly, at this point I would expect Anna to announce a pregnancy after Josh has been in the pen for a year. 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, quarks said:

Just noting that in A Series of Unfortunate Events, books and show, the events aren't just "unfortunate" either - they include murder, child abuse, enforced child labor, arson, corruption, and theft.  

(Neil Patrick Harris is just brilliant in the show.)

Thank you. I also like the heading as is. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Honestly it looks pretty good except for the sour cream in the middle. 

Looks like a gourmet dinner at the Ritz compared to the diarrhea in a pot that Jill Rod recently fixed. 

• LOL 17
  • Love 3