Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, merylinkid said:

I do not blame Derek being there.

I dont blame him either. Supporting Anna is a kind thing to do. And watching the whole thing in person will be valuable to him. But when he shook Josh's hand and greeted him, it made me wonder.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, hathorlive said:

It's very different to learn by watching and using and understanding how the OS is set up, the structure of the file system and limitations governing user accounts, programs, and networking.  She shouldn't have been given this case without formal Linux training on her CV.

If she was looking to make a name for herself, well…

• LOL 14
2 hours ago, Nysha said:

Given how easily the prosecution was able to rip the defense's expert testimony apart, there is no way in hell any of the Duggars would have lasted being cross examined.

JB definitely got what he paid for.

Buy used and save the difference!

53 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Yeah, it’s sounding more snd more like a Dollar. Tree defense.

I'm still shell shocked by the news that everything is going up to $1.25 after the first of the year.  Ol' JB was pretty savvy to get in on that before the price change!

• LOL 20
  • Love 1

I know we've discussed the likely sentence Smuggar would get should he be found guilty but I can't remember now if anyone talked about any difference in sentencing there might have been should he have taken a plea.  I ask because unless Smuggar is still living in the great City of Delusion he has to be thinking tonight that there is a chance he is actually going to be found guilty.   Would a plea have made any difference to how much time he would spend behind bars?

Edited by SusannahM
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, SusannahM said:

I know we've discussed the likely sentence Smuggar would get should he be found guilty but I can't remember now if anyone talked about any difference in sentencing there might have been should he have taken a plea.  I ask because unless Smuggar is still living in the great City of Delusion he has to be thinking tonight that there is a chance he is actually going to be found guilty.   Would a plea have made any difference to how much time he would spend behind bars?

A plea probably would have knocked off a year or two from the sentence.  But, that would have required Josh to say he did it in some fashion, and JB and Josh could not spin that.  Josh being found guilty by a jury can still be spun into some fantasy of Josh being persecuted and this trial being a miscarriage of justice, yada yada yada.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
1 minute ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

A plea probably would have knocked off a year or two from the sentence.  But, that would have required Josh to say he did it in some fashion, and JB and Josh could not spin that.  Josh being found guilty by a jury can still be spun into some fantasy of Josh being persecuted and this trial being a miscarriage of justice, yada yada yada.  

This is almost guaranteed to happen, I'm afraid.  Also Satan's fault.

• Love 14

While I was interested to hear what Jill would have said during her testimony, I bet she's releived that she didn't have to do that. 

JB isn't interested in the truth. If Josh isn't convicted, he will claim that as the truth. If Josh is convicted, he will blame satan. He won't be able to accept that his son did these things as the truth, even though it is. 

• Love 21
6 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Josh being found guilty by a jury can still be spun into some fantasy of Josh being persecuted and this trial being a miscarriage of justice, yada yada yada.  

I think they'll blame the lawyers for not allowing Josh to take the stand in his own defense: "If Josh had been able to testify, he would have explained everything and proved to the jury that he was innocent!".

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
38 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

If she was looking to make a name for herself, well…

She'll be able to prove or disprove the proposition that there's no such thing as bad publicity. 

Josh, I think, should spend his evening preparing for a very new season of life. But there are some people who finally figure out how they need to live from that experience. Since he's got seven kids, I sure hope he turns out to be one of those. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 11
14 minutes ago, hathorlive said:

If they really wanted to be clever, they would just report "misc. Duggar male" instead of even trying a name.  Or perhaps "receding hair line #4"?

They could just call them The Howlers. 😀

• LOL 21
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, SusannahM said:

Hard to tell. Depends on what the judge decides to take into account, really. For most people like Josh, who don't have prior convictions and who would usually get five or six years if they pled guilty.  It looks like this court has been adding a year or two to that when people have been convicted, from the cases I've found. But I don't know how similar those people have been to Josh or what judges have taken into account to make those decisions. 

• Useful 3
3 hours ago, merylinkid said:

I do not blame Derek being there.   One of the best things I ever did as a new attorney and I do with any baby attorneys I am mentoring is take a day to go court watch.   You can learn a lot -- including what NOT to do.   I've always said the Rules of Evidence make so much ore sense when you see them in action instead of read them in a book.   If he has the time, let him watch.   He's not doing anything wrong.

Pre-Covid we always got lookie loos in court.   People, who aren't even lawyers, have no legal background, who just like to come to court to watch.    WHY I have no clue.   I'm THERE actually doing something and I find it boring as hell most of the time.  But if someone wants to spend all day in court watching, let them.  

For 1 of my classes in college, we had to attend court 1 day .:.: it was interesting 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Trillium said:

Oh, the truth did come out, JB. I also love their graphics team blurred out Meech so they could put the quote in. 😂

A6A0AB2B-7BF6-4301-A175-384EBB24FA2F.jpeg

Well he no longer resides in Arkansas!  This man 's  living in the state of denial!!!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

He told them to make it fast so it would be cheaper! And I am joking! 

“it doesn’t take very long. And you are the only ones who can make a sandwich of reasonable doubt.”

also, when this family starts to fade into obscurity, we can just refer to all the male kids as RHL per @hathorlive’s suggestion.

Edited by LilJen
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, JKL845 said:

I think they all will be relieved to have Josh in jail. Including Jim Bob, Michelle and even Anna. 

I was just thinking the very same thought!  He's been such a negative in all their lives.

Poor Jill looks like she's bearing the weight of the world with all of this.

JimBob never fought for his girls like he did for this piece of trash son.

• Love 24

Josh and Anna can be Meme and Poppy in 7 years. 

Anna dear are you pregnant? Blink twice for yes! Mia Miracle is a nice name 🤣

Do they have taco Tuesday me in jail? I can totally picture Joshua shoveling in tacos every Tuesday at home...

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

I wonder if SexPest even realizes once he is found guilty and is sentenced to federal prison… it does not mean he gets to go back to the Reber’s spare bedroom. Shit’s about to get real. This ain’t Jesus jail… 

• Useful 1
  • Love 16

I was away from my computer for most of the afternoon so speed-reading through the updates. I'm shocked they rested after 2 defense witnesses, but for the life of me, I cannot figure out why the defense used the investigator as a defense witness. What was he supposed to be adding to their case? 

• Useful 4
  • Love 4

So will Jill be allowed in the courtroom now (if she wants to attend) since she wasn’t needed as a witness?

2 minutes ago, Zella said:

I was away from my computer for most of the afternoon so speed-reading through the updates. I'm shocked they rested after 2 defense witnesses, but for the life of me, I cannot figure out why the defense used the investigator as a defense witness. What was he supposed to be adding to their case? 

That they were only focused on Josh from the start?

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Zella said:

I think it was to show there were other employees in the shack sometimes and to remind people that Josh used an iPhone? I’m not sure. It seemed pointless.  

• Love 8