Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, drafan said:

OK, we all need a heads-up on 2018......The Joshley Redemption Tour, Joshley Turns 30 and Spouts Off Advice, Anna Turns 30 and Spouts Off Advice, followed by the Glorious Celebration of Joshley and Anna's 10th Anniversary with More Advice, then the Announcement of Blessing #6 !!!!  Gag. Don't say you weren't warned.

God help us all.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Remember that Anna was hot to trot with Josh. Hand sex anyone?

In her defense, the hand sex was before he got meat sweats. He was a skinny dork until the year after they were married (appearance-wise -- I'm not talking about his personality defects). 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Heathen said:

In her defense, the hand sex was before he got meat sweats. He was a skinny dork until the year after they were married (appearance-wise -- I'm not talking about his personality defects). 

I'm sure if Anna had blimped out like Mr. Meat Sweats (love that commercial!) she would have caught holy hell from Ma Duggar and the rest.  Never mind that she's expected to squeeze out a baby every year or two, fat shaming is rife among this crowd.  Gotta keep skinny & sweet for one's headship!  Balderdash.

• Love 8
On 9/28/2017 at 8:07 PM, ariel said:

I'm hoping Anna is a little tipsy in that picture.  She snuck away & had a wine cooler or two before she had to consummate the marriage with Josh.

If I was married to Josh, I’d be drinking every single day.  BTW, I don’t drink.  Nothing religious, just never got into it.

• Love 12

It's possible I need more to do but I was thinking about the Duggars yesterday. I am so glad that Josh and Anna did not get married in the era when TLC was paying for extravagant honeymoons. As I recall, they went to Florida or something and stayed in an aquarium one night but I am so glad they did not get a free trip to Europe or Australia. The last thing Chester the Molester needed was another validation of his terrible choices, and I think he would totally have read a fabulous trip as that.

• Love 4
40 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

It's possible I need more to do but I was thinking about the Duggars yesterday. I am so glad that Josh and Anna did not get married in the era when TLC was paying for extravagant honeymoons. As I recall, they went to Florida or something and stayed in an aquarium one night but I am so glad they did not get a free trip to Europe or Australia. The last thing Chester the Molester needed was another validation of his terrible choices, and I think he would totally have read a fabulous trip as that.

Chester the Molester? I can't stop laughing at that! Kudos to you.

15 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Where should he have filed it then? Smuggar lived in DC when he set up those accounts. Did DJ guy really have to file there (or Maryland where Smuggar actually lived) to have a viable case? 

Good questions. It sounds to me like that is what the judge is saying. It doesn’t seem fair to the plaintiff though, since it was an internet crime. I have no idea how those work, but it doesn’t seem right to me. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, EVS said:

I’m not sure if this belongs here or in the media thread, but the judge apparently sided with Josh in the lawsuit brought by the man whose photos Josh used online. The judge said the guy shouldn’t have filed in California. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5047687/Josh-Duggar-wins-legal-battle-stolen-photo-lawsuit.html

That seems like a dumb reason for the plaintiff to lose. I mean if Josh clearly did it and the plaintiff clearly experienced suffering because of Josh's action, you'd think that would supersede where the lawsuit was filed. 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

That seems like a dumb reason for the plaintiff to lose. I mean if Josh clearly did it and the plaintiff clearly experienced suffering because of Josh's action, you'd think that would supersede where the lawsuit was filed. 

I agree. I’m hoping one of the posters here who is more familiar with the law can enlighten us. 

• Love 1

IANAL, but I'm pretty sure the guy's lawyer should have told him that it was an extreme long shot to get a court in California to agree that they had jurisdiction of any kind over Josh, who doesn't live or work in California and has barely even traveled there as far as I know.

The only state that has jurisdiction over you is the state you live in -- or, if you have a business that operates in several states, all those states may have jurisdiction over your business affairs. The courts are very slowly morphing to look at internet stuff differently, so it may be different some day; but they haven't changed yet. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Beth64 said:

He should be able to file in the proper venue, yes. 

He probably filed in California because courts and juries have rendered more judgements favorable to his sort of complaint than in Arkansas.  He and his legal team probably thought it was worth a shot to try it in a more sympathetic jurisdiction, presented arguments supporting their feelings; but just didn't convince the judge. It happens. I suspect they're ready to re-file it in Arkansas and it'll happen shortly. I doubt Josh has seen the last of it.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

He will have to file in the state where are smuggler stole the pictures whatever smuggler was that's where he has to file

In California, proper venue is where the incident occurred or where the defendant resides. 

1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

Why did this guy's lawyer not tell him this before they filed?

He probably did; they most likely filed in California because the conditions were more favorable for a win there.  Even though the judge ruled against them, I am sure the plaintiff's attorney had an argument as to why California was the proper venue even though Voldejosh didn't reside there.  Cases involving internet issues like this one are relatively new on the legal scene, the lawyer probably figured it was worth a try.  He is probably working on the usual terms which means that, unless they win, the plaintiff doesn't owe him anything.  Fiddling around, drawing this out, getting media coverage as the case travels court to court is probably part of the strategy to wear down Josh and family and get a settlement offer.

• Love 1

The case against Josh seems like a long shot to me. This guy proving he lost income will be difficult and even if he can, how much did he lose? Pain and suffering is subjective. And how much money or property does Josh actually have?

The Goldmans still have not collected from OJ because OJ's traceable income can't be touched. It seems Josh shuffled much of his assets prior to Jesus camp. Never mind, like I mentioned, you can't get blood out of a rock.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

The Joshley’s lived in Maryland. Oxen Hill, MD. 

As a Marylander (Baltimore) for nearly 14 years, we were all (collectively) happy to see him go.  Well, I was at least.  I have a feeling their neighbors were pissed when the scandals broke.  Everyone and their brother trying to get photos had to have clogged the streets.  That area is multi-million dollar houses, and those folks didn't pay that kind of money to deal with paparazzi on every corner or a reporter in the bushes.

• Love 2
On 11/5/2017 at 0:15 PM, sixlets said:

As a Marylander (Baltimore) for nearly 14 years, we were all (collectively) happy to see him go.  Well, I was at least.  I have a feeling their neighbors were pissed when the scandals broke.  Everyone and their brother trying to get photos had to have clogged the streets.  That area is multi-million dollar houses, and those folks didn't pay that kind of money to deal with paparazzi on every corner or a reporter in the bushes.

How was Josh able to afford to live there? They couldn’t have been paying him that much at the FRC?

3 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

How was Josh able to afford to live there? They couldn’t have been paying him that much at the FRC?

I can't remember. DId they buy it or were they renting?

There's sometimes a glut of pretty high-end rental houses in the DC area because so many people here have temporary job postings elsewhere. Sometimes you can get those affordably.

I expect he was making low six figures, though, or close to it. So if you don't care about saving -- and I expect he never would -- you bring home decent money. .... And I'm sure that at the time he envisioned his income continuing to skyrocket ...  

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 2

They rented. Zillow estimated the rent at around $3k/mo. IIRC. I also think he was making low/mid-6 figures. He was, after all, the face for an entire arm of the FRC. He could weasel his way into places that someone as polarlizing as Tony Perkins couldn't, based on his celebrity alone. Of course, then he'd open his mouth and spew forth the hateful rhetoric that put the FRC on the SPLC's watch list. 

• Love 5

Liberal black neighbors with advanced educations and the wrong kind of religion?  They probably believe in birth control, too.  Josh and Anna stayed holed up inside as much as possible, I'm sure.

Maybe that explains why when they bought the kids that little plastic indoor/outdoor slide they put it on the deck.  Closest spot to the door in case someone walked by or looked their way.

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, pinkelephant3 said:

Just read an article that there's a blind about ma and Pa helping Josh cheat bc Anna won't put out... So gross 

What?? so disgusting.  Where did you see this?

• Love 2