Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I'm with you. Josh is Slimey McSlimersky. However, I don't think that was him in the pic, and I don't think he tried to purse snatch up at the Dollar General. 

You are welcome to your opinion, but dozens of people identified the picture as Josh Duggar to the police when the police asked people if they recognized the man caught on camera as a suspect in a case involving stolen items from an employee's purse at a local store.  His hairline is a dead giveway.

From InTouch on March 3:

0 0 1 a suspect.png

• Love 2

I agree with you, Churchhoney. Josh has done some pretty awful things, but I wouldn't want to positively identify him from this photo. Does anyone know what has become of this? Have the local authorities investigated and charged anyone yet?

• Love 8
(edited)

We've never had a car salesperson accompany us on a test drive.  And we often take the car out for an hour or more, because if my husband is serious about buying a car, he's going to have our mechanic take a look at it.  Then again, by the time we get to the point of taking a test drive, the salesman usually has engaged us in some chitchat and found out that my husband's in the ministry . . . and that leads a lot of people to assume that we're trustworthy. (Ha! Suckers!)

Edited by Portia
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, kalamac said:

Is it common to let a person take a car for a test drive without having the salesperson in the car with them? I've been with a few friends to test drive cars, and always end up sitting in the backseat, because the salesperson is in the front passenger seat, while the prospective buyer is driving. - Maybe we do things differently in Australia?

Most of the time the salesman goes with you, but when we test drove our Subaru they just handed us the keys and gave us directions on where to turn. The salesguy even helped us install our son's carseat so we could see how it fit. They did take license photocopies though. And I guess two moms with a toddler aren't terribly risky. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Mollie said:

You are welcome to your opinion, but dozens of people identified the picture as Josh Duggar to the police when the police asked people if they recognized the man caught on camera as a suspect in a case involving stolen items from an employee's purse at a local store.  His hairline is a dead giveway.

From InTouch on March 3:

0 0 1 a suspect.png

Dozens of people 'identifying' an overweight, balding white guy in a generic top, with sunglasses, who also just so happens to be in the media a lot means nothing. That's a description of over half the men in Arkansas (or anywhere in the US). That's legally up there with 'a scary black guy mugged me' in the generic, biased, fake, identifier list.

Print and web sources can be found and posted, by don't always reflect truth, or even today's truth, if something  a person said five years ago, or out of context, etc. 

I don't know if anything ever came of that, but I don't think it was Josh. 

• Love 11
39 minutes ago, HoboClayton said:

I haven't been able to find anything else about it. Just the story about them looking for the suspect. Nothing at all about an arrest. 

Comparing the two pictures, the noses are totally different. MOO :)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ChiCricket said:

Comparing the two pictures, the noses are totally different. MOO :)

Also the ears, in my opinion. And ears are a crucial detail because they don't really move so they pretty much look the same all the time. There's a reason they take your mug shot from the side as well as from the front. And it's those distinctive ears. They're very individual. My feeling is that it might be him and it might not be him (I lean heavily toward not, but I can see how it might be, too). Either way, though, way too much doubt to declare it so. ....

• Love 3

And they know who Josh Duggar is, so if he were a real suspect, they would have questioned him, and if there were a case, he would be prosecuted?  Or a warning and off he does?  Hard to know.  Maybe a diversion program with confidentiality.  Not sure how all that works.  I don't think it is Josh; there is something about the expression that is different.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Also the ears, in my opinion. And ears are a crucial detail because they don't really move so they pretty much look the same all the time. There's a reason they take your mug shot from the side as well as from the front. And it's those distinctive ears. They're very individual. My feeling is that it might be him and it might not be him (I lean heavily toward not, but I can see how it might be, too). Either way, though, way too much doubt to declare it so. ....

Yup...In fact, when they took the photo for my naturalization certificate years ago, it was taken in a 3/4 view, and I had to pull my hair back from my ears, though that's not how I ever wore it at the time.

• Love 2

I've test driven a lot of cars.  I've found that in the larger lots someone from the car lot rides along.  The smaller lots may or may not have someone ride along, but they always take a copy of the drivers license and have a specific time limit on how long you can be gone with the car.  Private sales are a crap shoot.  You might have someone ride along, they might take down the information on your drivers license, or they might toss you the keys and tell you to be back in an hour. 
I've also sold a couple of cars.  When I sold to a friend, I told her "Hey, take the car for the weekend, let me know what you think when you bring the car back."  The rest of the time I either turned in my car to the car lot I bought the next car from, or put it on a consignment lot and let them deal with it. 

The one time I sold to a stranger it was a mess.  It was a hurried sale, the new owner, a young man about 20, paid cash, and I wrote out a handwritten Bill of Sale that we both signed.  But it wasn't really my car, it belonged to one of my kids, and she was delighted to unload it but was at work so we all agreed to meet at the DMV the next day and get the paperwork filed.  The new owner gave me the money, let me write down all of his information from his drivers license, gave me his phone number, and even gave me his mother's phone number.  But he didn't show up at the DMV the next day.  We waited for a couple of hours and then went home.  I called his phone and had to leave a message each time.  Late in the evening I got a strange phone call.  A recorded voice told me that I had a message from the number that I'd been calling all day.  Then a mechanical voice gave me the message: Stop calling. 

The next day I called his mother.  She apologized and said that her son had taken ill, and it was probably his roommates that had sent me the message to stop calling.  She said she'd talk to her son and get back to me.  A few minutes later she called me and told me to meet her son at the DMV at 1:00.  But he didn't show up.  We waited again and went home.  Calls to his house weren't answered.  His mother also wouldn't answer.

I had to track him down and get him to sign the papers at his house, which looked like it was ready to be demolished.  It had all the windows boarded up and no one would answer the door.  Then a man came out of a mobile home nearby and said he was the landlord and asked me what I was doing there.  When I told him about the car, he chuckled and told me to go around back, he'd call over and tell them he was on his way over and they'd answer the door then.  Well, I knocked on the back door and it sounded like a hundred vicious dogs were on the other side, then some guy opened the door a couple of inches and seemed very surprised to see me.  I told him why I was there and he took the papers and brought them back to me, signed.

We took the paper to the DMV and turned them in.  About a week later we saw that same house on the local news.  The house had been raided by the cops as part of a larger drug dealing ring.  The guy who had bought the car was gone when the house was raided, and the car wasn't in the driveway when the news camera's were filming the story.  I wondered if he'd managed to get the radiator fixed before he went on the run.  A couple of days later he turned himself in.  Not long after that we got a letter from a local towing company.  The car had been abandoned at a local parking lot.  The drivers side window was broken, and the engine was shot.  I told the towing company that we'd sold the car and they could sue the new owner for the bill when he got out of prison.  I'm still mad that in this day and age something as simple as transferring the title to a car takes so long to work it's way through the system that a previous owner could be contacted and told that they're responsible for the charges on a car that they sold weeks earlier.  But it worked out.  My kid took the paperwork to the towing company and they agreed that she wasn't the owner and didn't bother us again.

I bet that the new owner was somehow tipped off to his house being raided and drove as far as he could before the car started to overheat, and he smashed the window in frustration before he found somewhere to hide while he figured out his next move.  He should have fixed that radiator.

• Love 8

Josh is basically what I call a "type".  Looks like a typical bloated, balding, 30-35 year old male with moobs I could see 10x a day.

When I look at Josh, all I remember is Ren calling Stimpy a "bloated sack of protoplasm!"

• Love 11
(edited)

I remember an old "Keeping Up Appearances" where Hyacinth gets Richard to test drive a Rolls Royce.  They take it out by themselves because Hyacinth wants to impress a neighbor lunching at a posh place.  Long story short, they were gone a long time & the RR motor dealership sends the police after them.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, ariel said:

I remember an old "Keeping Up Appearances" where Hyacinth gets Richard to test drive a Rolls Royce.  They take it out by themselves because Hyacinth wants to impress a neighbor lunching at a posh place.  Long story short, they were gone a long time & the RR motor dealership sends the police after them.

That was a hilarious show. We loved it. I doubt there are any Rolls Royces in Joshie's lot!!!!

• Love 4
47 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Not sure how recent this picture is

It's recent (April)... It's a close-up of the picture from David Waller's Instagram which was posted and discussed here a couple of pages back.

The hashtags on this version are far superior, though.

• Love 8
54 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Not sure how recent this picture is 

Maybe that's his new disguise to use as a profile picture on a dating site, since he has learned that if you use someone else's picture you can get sued.  And, everyone recognizes that the photos he used on Ashley Madison were of him.

0 0 1 Josh profile.png

• Love 4

not sure where to put this (is there a Josh and Anna thread any more?) but just saw this: 

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/josh-duggar-tv-131963/photos/joy-anna-duggar-austin-forsyth-247251

I stopped watching anything to do with this family after his scandal broke - now they're going to test the water with him again?  And, she's pregnant yet again??  Makes me want to vomit.

Admin, please move if you find this misplaced.   

• Love 1
12 hours ago, salvame said:

not sure where to put this (is there a Josh and Anna thread any more?) but just saw this: 

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/josh-duggar-tv-131963/photos/joy-anna-duggar-austin-forsyth-247251

I stopped watching anything to do with this family after his scandal broke - now they're going to test the water with him again?  And, she's pregnant yet again??  Makes me want to vomit.

This is being discussed in the thread "The Duggars: In the Media and TLC."

http://forums.previously.tv/topic/4041-the-duggars-in-the-media-and-tlc/?page=183#comment-3264344

• Love 1
12 hours ago, salvame said:

I KNEW they would eventually let him work his way back into the show. Ma and Pa had been weasling their way back into Counting On, so it was only a matter of time.  

Everyone loves a good "redemption" story, so I'm sure TLC will present it in that narrative. Gag. 

• Love 7

Only three more days until Josh's court case begins.  He is being sued by Matt McCarthy for using his photo as his profile pic on the OK Cupid dating site.

0 0 1 Ashley.jpg

0 0 1 matthew-mccarthy.jpg

The use of the picture is one (albeit, bad) thing. The answers to those questions would infuriate me, if I were Matt McCarthy.

Josh is so gross. I think that could be him on the surveillance video from the dollar store. Looks more like him than this DJ guy. (But LOL on Josh for looking so long and hard to find that pic. Proves he was spending much too much time on this type of activity. ) I bet he was erasing incriminating evidence, like  cell-phone texts or pix. They never said he took a purse or money.

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, drafan said:

The use of the picture is one (albeit, bad) thing. The answers to those questions would infuriate me, if I were Matt McCarthy.

Josh is so gross. I think that could be him on the surveillance video from the dollar store. Looks more like him than this DJ guy. (But LOL on Josh for looking so long and hard to find that pic. Proves he was spending much too much time on this type of activity. ) I bet he was erasing incriminating evidence, like  cell-phone texts or pix. They never said he took a purse or money.

From the Springdale Police site:

"The suspect in this photo entered the Dollar General on Sunset, entered the back office area, and stole various personal items from an employee's purse."

0 0 1 Police.png

59 minutes ago, Jellybeans said:

I am sure if they thought it was him he would have been brought up on charges.

Not necessarily.  The police have to prove he did the deed, not just that he was there at the scene of the crime.  They might not have a picture of him reaching his hand into her purse.  If they can't get him to confess, then they have to prove he was the thief.  If they don't have enough evidence to win a criminal case, the police won't file charges.

Also, the victim might have been paid off not to file charges.  I do think the police questioned Josh about the incident because so many people identified the photo as Josh Duggar on the police site. 

One thing is for certain:  This guy has been in some kind of legal trouble since he was 14 years old.  Given his history and the recent car theft/ gun purchase at his used car lot, it's just a matter of time before another Josh scandal erupts.   

• Love 2

I'm still trying to figure out why you wouldn't get an ID of a random individual who wants to take your car for a spin and WHY IN THE HELL would you buy a random gun out of the backseat of a strangers car just because...

It's as if Josh has just said "screw it". Maybe he's in his mother's stash of Xanax.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Annb67 said:

I'm still trying to figure out why you wouldn't get an ID of a random individual who wants to take your car for a spin and WHY IN THE HELL would you buy a random gun out of the backseat of a strangers car just because...

It's as if Josh has just said "screw it". Maybe he's in his mother's stash of Xanax.

Or, an insurance scam to raise some quick cash . . .

• Love 4

Mitsubishi plane is en route to the Keller's neck of the woods in FL, presumably for Mother's Day? 

It really does look like they are trying to ease Smuggar back into the fold. 

• Love 1

Now the death trap ten seater makes sense. It was needed so JD could fly Joshley's family during his redemption tour. I can understand not wanting to spend a penny for Joshley's safety, but what have JD, Anna, and the M kids done to Boob?

• Love 4

I'll be the King of China if that photo isn't Josh.

Please tell me that people don't just casually carry a GUN around, leave it lying in their car and that anyone can simply buy it like that? Please???????????????

• Love 4
(edited)
On 5/12/2017 at 5:40 AM, Mollie said:

Only three more days until Josh's court case begins.  He is being sued by Matt McCarthy for using his photo as his profile pic on the OK Cupid dating site.

0 0 1 Ashley.jpg

Wonder if Joshley really does like metal/hardcore-type music or just wants people to think he does. Also wonder what he thinks women were likely to think if they contacted a 27-year-old metal fan -- albeit one who doesn't believe in the theory of evolution -- and his prematurely middle-aged crying-in-the-driveway-cause-I-have-to-leave-mommy pudding butt showed up. (not that this doesn't happen with lots of people's online profiles vs. their real-life personas, of course)     In Josh's case, though, I'm betting if anybody met him they'd think the age he gave was a lie, too, even though it wasn't.

7 hours ago, MunichNark said:

I'll be the King of China if that photo isn't Josh.

Please tell me that people don't just casually carry a GUN around, leave it lying in their car and that anyone can simply buy it like that? Please???????????????

This is A'murka, so we can't tell you that. People leave guns casually all over the place. And buy and sell them just as casually. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6
(edited)
On 5/12/2017 at 0:40 PM, Mollie said:

0 0 1 Ashley.jpg

Well, it looks like there was no pre-trial, out-of-court settlement and that the case will proceed tomorrow.

0 0 1 corn.jpg

Edited by Mollie
  • Love 17
(edited)

The case was just filed, wasn't it?  Chances are, today's event was just a paperwork filing.  Neither the plaintiff or the defendant would be required to attend the preliminaries.  Civil cases take a couple of years to come to public trial.  It's been less than a year since this was filed.  I doubt today's festivities were anything important or interesting.

Edited by doodlebug
noun and verb need to agree!
  • Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, kaleidoscope said:

Is the trial/court case today?  Any news?  We need our own court reporter!

I have just received this from In Touch Weekly: "The trial date has been pushed back."

I presume the Duggars are going to drag this out as long as they can and push for an out-of-court settlement. 

Edited by Mollie
  • Love 4
(edited)

17 hours ago, Mollie said:

I have just received this from In Touch Weekly: "The trial date has been pushed back."

I presume the Duggars are going to drag this out as long as they can and push for an out-of-court settlement. 

It could just as well be the plaintiff's attorney asking for the delay, happens almost routinely in these cases.  If it is the Duggars trying to delay things, it's not for an out-of-court settlement.  They're hoping the plaintiff and his legal team get tired of waiting and figure the payoff won't be worth it the farther out they get from the original scandal.  Then, they can request the case be dismissed for 'failure to prosecute' (fancy court talk meaning the plaintiffs haven't made any progress on it) and the Duggars are off without paying a dime.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 4
On 5/14/2017 at 10:51 AM, Churchhoney said:

Wonder if Joshley really does like metal/hardcore-type music or just wants people to think he does. Also wonder what he thinks women were likely to think if they contacted a 27-year-old metal fan -- albeit one who doesn't believe in the theory of evolution -- and his prematurely middle-aged crying-in-the-driveway-cause-I-have-to-leave-mommy pudding butt showed up. (not that this doesn't happen with lots of people's online profiles vs. their real-life personas, of course)     In Josh's case, though, I'm betting if anybody met him they'd think the age he gave was a lie, too, even though it wasn't.

This is A'murka, so we can't tell you that. People leave guns casually all over the place. And buy and sell them just as casually. 

Would your headship ever let me court you? I may have already asked you that. A few times.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Aja said:

Also wonder what he thinks women were likely to think if they contacted a 27-year-old metal fan -- albeit one who doesn't believe in the theory of evolution -- and his prematurely middle-aged crying-in-the-driveway-cause-I-have-to-leave-mommy pudding butt showed up.

There's no saying he didn't meet up with a woman or two who immediately laughed in his face. He could've been rejected dozens of times. The thought warms my heart. 

I hope one woman had the self control not to laugh in his face and flee...until he got his pants off.  Some of the family likes pickles some don't. I'm guessing Josh empathizes with the gerkins.

• Love 10
43 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

There's no saying he didn't meet up with a woman or two who immediately laughed in his face. He could've been rejected dozens of times. The thought warms my heart. 

I hope one woman had the self control not to laugh in his face and flee...until he got his pants off.  Some of the family likes pickles some don't. I'm guessing Josh empathizes with the gerkins.

Or the mini gherkin cornichon...

• Love 8

Michelle just posted a picture of Jinger as a child sitting on Josh's lap. Michelle just doesn't seem to understand that nobody but nobody wants to see a picture of Josh holding one of his little sisters.  Seriously, what was she thinking?

0 0 1 a Josh 4.png

• Love 7