Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

joshduggaruglye1b8b.jpg

What, this picture doesn't get your motor running?

You know, sometimes I wonder if I'm being unfair and, I don't know, fatshaming Josh. Like, "oh, the only reason we don't think he's cute is because he's overweight!" But I don't think that's it, at least I hope not. But it's true that I used to think Josh was relatively cute in a squeaky clean throwback-to-the-50s sort of way back when he was younger and now he's just... blech. But the ensuing weight gain can't be the defining thing, because there have been overweight men and women who I thought were attractive. I don't know what it is. Maybe it's his odious personality bleeding through. It's like every picture of his screams smug. And despite what he wrote on his Ashley Madison profile I still picture him as being a really selfish lover.

Julia, "schlub" is the perfect way to describe him. He is not someone who ever looks sharp in a suit, no matter how much he tries. Maybe a fedora would help. (Heh heh heh.)

It's his hideous personality. While I find Josh odious, I have always had a wee crush on James Gandolfini at his heaviest, and still think Jack Nicholson has a ton of charisma even with his moobs! Lol

So for me its not fat shaming, its personality shaming!

Edited by MarysWetBar
  • Love 17

joshduggaruglye1b8b.jpg

I've never actually seen this pic before, lucky me. But how uncomfortable is that belt/harness thing? It looks like it's cutting him in half. And the look on his face, ugh. Poor Anna, having that face and body on top of her for years now.

• Love 6

Here's a difficult round of FMK for you: Jim Bob, Josh, Ben. 

F Ben, Kill Josh, and marry JB -- because he's rumored to be a millionaire and I see myself as a millionaire's widow. LOL!

Here's a difficult round of FMK for you: Jim Bob, Josh, Ben. 

This is one that ends with kill yourself because marrying or fucking any of these three would scar you for life.  

If Joshie was a nice person rather than a smug, sanctimonious hypocritical ass, he would not be horribly unappealing.  At this point, it is impossible to look at him and set aside what a slimy weasel he is.  So, anything unappealing or neutral in his looks spurns absolute revulsion.  He's a nasty piece of work. 

• Love 7

Galax-Arena, what about the "defrauding" pic, where they had to blur out his crack? Get thee behind me, Satan!

I don't care about Josh's weight. To me he just still looks too boyish or unfinished or something. Granted, I am almost old enough to be his grandmother, so... But even in my youth, Josh would not have been my type. Knowing his worldview doesn't help.

I think that's a perfect description "unfinished." That's exactly what he looks like.

• Love 7

I feel sympathy and compassion for individuals attempting to take control of their lives and get assistance with their problems, especially younger folks.  

However, the people in this program are all grown adults.  There are no children or teens there.  They are attending of their own free will, with no state or court mandated requirements.  No entity is forcing them to be there.  They have at least $7,500 to spend and 6 MONTHS of free time to devote to this "treatment" program.  They all know there are ZERO licensed therapists or counselors and ZERO medical personnel there to assist in their "recovery", so there is no detoxing for the "addicts".  

They know what this place is.  And based on the rules & regulations we've seen, they have no expectation of personal privacy during their "treatment".  They signed that all away with they turned over their cash to these charlatans.  

I absolutely believe that when individuals go into treatment and their privacy is important to them, there are programs for them.  But it's definitely not available with this dog-and-pony show.  

EXACTLY! We are not talking about a 14 year old boy that is forced into this program by this parents.  

He is a GROWN MAN and obviously decided to go there willingly (if he is there).  Just as every other person there is an adult .  If you don't want to be there, don't go.  IF you don't want to be married, get a divorce and if you want to sleep with other women, get a divorce.  Simple math - but math that is not taught at the dining room table.  

AMEN and PTL. 

BTW, lol, Jenna got an email from RU today letting her know that another sermon is online.  PTL!

• Love 7

It's like An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge. The whole escape to DC and adulthood and respect was a dream he had while his brain was catching up to how screwed he is.

Or Carnival of Souls! :)    (which also has a churchy backdrop)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnival_of_Souls

I realized that I actually would watch a "Duggar" show if given the chance. One where Anna walks away and rebuilds her life with her kids:

Anna Plus Four - Josh Out the Door

Anna Plus Four - No More Manwhore

Anna's Little Army - Without Mr. Smarmy

Anna-Stasis: Leaving Smuggar Hell

• Love 3

You know, sometimes I wonder if I'm being unfair and, I don't know, fatshaming Josh. Like, "oh, the only reason we don't think he's cute is because he's overweight!" But I don't think that's it, at least I hope not.

It's the smugness and the fact he just looks like someone who eats paste and has really, really sweaty clammy palms.

It looks like it's cutting him in half. And the look on his face, ugh.

If it cut him in half would he grow into two Joshes? Like earthworms? That photo makes me think of Scarlet O'Hara struggling to get her corset tight enough.

Edited by cheatincheetos
  • Love 8

I think that's a perfect description "unfinished." That's exactly what he looks like.

Totally agree. He's in an eternal pupa stage.

It's the smugness and the fact he just looks like someone who eats paste and has really, really sweaty clammy palms.

If it cut him in half would he grow into two Joshes? Like earthworms? That photo makes me think of Scarlet O'Hara struggling to get her corset tight enough.

I'm laughing so hard my cat is staring, like maybe she should just back out of the room. :D

• Love 1

Someone asked for this- can't find the post now.  But, PTL- ask and you shall receive.  

I can't figure out how to make a picture show up in the post.  I can only figure out how to do a link.  Is there a trick?

https://flic.kr/p/xm1gaW

In the editor for posts, click the little green square icon for pictures. It will ask you for a web address for the pic, and you're done :)

In the editor for posts, click the little green square icon for pictures. It will ask you for a web address for the pic, and you're done :)

Yea, I tried that and it won't work.  I've tried it a few times and I always get an error message when I try to preview or post.  I'm sure it's Satan.  

• Love 7

Yea, I tried that and it won't work.  I've tried it a few times and I always get an error message when I try to preview or post.  I'm sure it's Satan.  

I think it's because what you're posting isn't a direct link to the image itself. Try uploading it to a site like imgur or ultraimg and use the direct link option. 

At least if you F JimBob, it doesn't last very long...

You could probably say that about any of the three, tbh. The real question is who has the scariest O face. 

• Love 2

You could probably say that about any of the three, tbh. The real question is who has the scariest O face.

Goin' with JB on this one. Kind of like Mr Bill going OH NO!!! Except with little raisins for eyes. Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 4

Hmmm... 

F Bin. It's the least disgusting (sort of) and I can use the evidence to torpedo his televangelist career. Plus, I'm guessing once Jessa found out she'll take care of the K part for me.

K Josh 'cause one of my life goals is to avoid having four kids while being chained to a cheating douchenozzle.

M Jim Boob (ew!ew!ew!) because as long as I wear my mullet and gaze adoringly at the King of the Idiots while he's in the room, I can take over the homefool (Jessa being locked away for killing Bin and all), and teach evolution and The Handmaid's Tale.

Edited by satrunrose
  • Love 19

It's his hideous personality. While I find Josh odious, I have always had a wee crush on James Gandolfini at his heaviest, and still think Jack Nicholson has a ton of charisma even with his moobs! Lol

So for me its not fat shaming, its personality shaming!

Oh, let me tell you: For me it's sense of humor and intelligence. If the guy is funny and smart, I'm all over that, and looks are a distant third. I'm also into guys that listen. As a result, I'd be bored to tears with the guys most women are into. IMHO of course. And I have always thought that John Goodman is a bit of a hunk.

Jim Boob, Josh and the rest think they're all that and a bag of chips. I'd do whatever I had to do to get away from them, and that includes Bin and his BIL derickdillard. NOOOOO THANK YOU. I prefer men who treat women with respect as well.

Well, my brain has been screaming non-stop at the thought of FMK with those guys. Thanks for that.

How would you choose? Seriously? I wouldn't last an hour with a dullard like Bin. (Actually, he wouldn't last an hour with me. I'd have him crying inside of five minutes.) I couldn't spend two minutes in a room with Jim Boob. And Smuggar makes me physically ill.

It's a no-win situation.

• Love 12

Smuggar reminds me of this guy I work with. I call him 'Droopy Dog' because of his resemblance to the cartoon. Anywho, this guy is doughy, pasty looking, wears ill-fitting clothes, and has bad posture. He tries to flirt with the ladies in the office and acts like a ladies man. He looks 29-30 yrs old but is actually in his 40s. He told me I had 'nice hair' once. He and Josh could be brothers.

• Love 2

Is there a "kill all 3 then yourself" choice because wow. Now I'm going to have nightmares.

I have a "BinBobJosh" relative. Yea he thinks he's a sophisticated, witty, suave theologian. Except not.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 7

Serious question - can men "defraud" women?

No. Apparently women don't have sex drives, and can't lust after men.

Even us evil lesbians aren't defrauded by the sight of another woman's knees or shoulders. It's only the straight men who can't control themselves, yet somehow deserve to be in charge of everyone.

• Love 20

People magazine is reporting that Anna went to Amy's wedding today. I hope she was there of her own accord and not because all her handlers are at the wedding OR JimBoob is making her go to keep sweet for the attendees.

I wonder what Anna's thoughts were during the wedding ceremonies. Poor dear!

• Love 2

EXACTLY! We are not talking about a 14 year old boy that is forced into this program by this parents.  

He is a GROWN MAN and obviously decided to go there willingly (if he is there).  Just as every other person there is an adult .  If you don't want to be there, don't go.  IF you don't want to be married, get a divorce and if you want to sleep with other women, get a divorce.  Simple math - but math that is not taught at the dining room table.  

AMEN and PTL. 

BTW, lol, Jenna got an email from RU today letting her know that another sermon is online.  PTL!

I got the same email.

That's fantastic Farm and Truth.  The idea of the alternate email accounts is marvelous.  Well, I guess they are doing something they believe in, or maybe they know they got nothing but junk, and want to reel you in for a big contribution.

People magazine is reporting that Anna went to Amy's wedding today. I hope she was there of her own accord and not because all her handlers are at the wedding OR JimBoob is making her go to keep sweet for the attendees. I wonder what Anna's thoughts were during the wedding ceremonies. Poor dear!

Whoo. Sitting through a round of vows and I-do's would be awfully painful for Anna right now. Even if you didn't have everyone around you implying your culpability in your husband's cheating, there would have to be a voice inside asking why YOUR vows of love and devotion were so easy to throw over. :(

• Love 11

Unless he has a fetish for this sort of thing. ;)

Ha! Yes. :)

Looking again at the photo of the guy tied up by his RU Dungeon Master, I notice both men are wearing the same jackets. Maybe the prisoner is actually an employee of RU, recruited to play his part in the demo? If that's the case, I'm okay with it. I just don't like the idea of a client being asked to do something he might feel is humiliating.

(In fact, the tied-up guy has a similar shade of ginger as the late founder pictured on RU's staff page. Maybe that's a Curington son?) http://ruhomes.org/about-us/staff

Edited by sleekandchic

Whoo. Sitting through a round of vows and I-do's would be awfully painful for Anna right now. Even if you didn't have everyone around you implying your culpability in your husband's cheating, there would have to be a voice inside asking why YOUR vows of love and devotion were so easy to throw over. :(

Exactly. In a few days it will be our 25th wedding anniversary. Through the years I can tell you, like most, watching a wedding ceremony I always reflect on the state of my own marriage. Plus they are so darn romantic, when I'm without Mr Readalot at a wedding ceremony I miss him dearly.
  • Love 10

Exactly. In a few days it will be our 25th wedding anniversary. Through the years I can tell you, like most, watching a wedding ceremony I always reflect on the state of my own marriage. Plus they are so darn romantic, when I'm without Mr Readalot at a wedding ceremony I miss him dearly.

When I was married to my first dreadful husband, I despised going to weddings. I literally had to stifle myself from muttering under my breath and snorting with derision. Isn't that awful? You might say I was just a tiny bit jaded. But my second mister is a peach, and after 20 years together weddings can be happy and romantic again--most of the time (I guess we've all been to some weddings that we knew were disasters in the making...)

• Love 5

No. Apparently women don't have sex drives, and can't lust after men.

Even us evil lesbians aren't defrauded by the sight of another woman's knees or shoulders. It's only the straight men who can't control themselves, yet somehow deserve to be in charge of everyone.

I'm pretty sure they don't trust gay men either.  After all, they might see Smuggar in shorts and not be able to control themselves.  

• Love 8

Kill Jim Bob, because then the younger J's would be free. Marry Josh, because then Anna and the M's would get away from him. And fuck Ben, because then Josh the hypocrite would no doubt promptly divorce me for adultery. So, a little temporary suffering, but it works out for the best in the end!

• Love 16

I had a recently divorced cousin go table to table at my wedding telling anyone who would listen that marriage was bullshit, and this was all a sham, etc.  (I didn't know at the time, he apologized years later and that was the first I heard about it.)

Maybe Anna did the same?

• Love 2