Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

MackYnzie, MarYella, MadYson ... Y?! Y?! Y?!         

Maybe this is Anna's unconscious, years-long cry for help. 😬

No Y in Meredith but there sure is one in that godawful nickname they gave her. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
14 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

Madyson?  Yikes.  That hits a little close to (ware)home, does it not?  Ashley Madison, anyone?

Yeah I was thinking that if they were going to go there they should just lean into it and go with Madyson Ashleygh and be done with it.  On the bright side this kid will not likely spend her formative years around non-cult kids, so she is less likely to run into peer bullying over her name's links to her dad's least-bad scandal.

• Love 14
8 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

I'm so tired of unneccesary 'y's in names. 

All the y's remind me of Christine Brown from Sister Wives.  4 out of her 6 kids have suspect y's:  Aspyn, Gwendlyn, Mykelti and Ysabel.  Although apparently Mykelti is the traditional spelling of that name?

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7

Ugh.

Does anyone else recall the last episode of 19 kids? Right before Scandal 1? I'm fairly certain Anna was pregnant with Meredith and they were asked a question about diaper duty.

This is where the big, sad (hopefully innocent) ugh comes in...

IIRC, Anna said Josh did most of the diaper changing for all the kids. Something like, he takes care of the bottom and I take care of the top.

Anyone remember this?

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Apparently she is. She's probably changing the name as we speak after reading everyone's comments all over SM.

She can spell it anyway she wants to.... it is still Madison! 

• Love 18
24 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Ugh.

Does anyone else recall the last episode of 19 kids? Right before Scandal 1? I'm fairly certain Anna was pregnant with Meredith and they were asked a question about diaper duty.

This is where the big, sad (hopefully innocent) ugh comes in...

IIRC, Anna said Josh did most of the diaper changing for all the kids. Something like, he takes care of the bottom and I take care of the top.

Anyone remember this?

Yes I recall this.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, galaxygirl76 said:

I'm so tired of unneccesary 'y's in names. 

And “Es,” especially at the end of a name. THAT’S where the “Y” is supposed to be!

1 hour ago, Future Cat Lady said:

At least the middle name is not Ashley...

It would be “Ashlee” if they used it 🤡

49 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I thought it was a joke at first. Seriously Anna? 

Same! I thought it was a joke until I scrolled down further. IS Anna this dumb?

Edited by Cinnabon
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11

Whether or not it's an FU to Josh, to her haters, or to show that she's forgiven Josh so much that she's fine using this name, or she's subconsciously testing Josh by giving her a name that's sure to trigger him, or she's just really that stupid....it's a big sucky depressing burden to place on that tiny innocent baby. 

Would Josh have been there for the birth?  

• Love 24
2 hours ago, katycat74 said:

Madyson Lily Duggar, arrived 10/23.  Poor kid, she has no idea what's she's in for.

Could they MIX UP THE ALPHABET MORE?  God help her.  Ashley MADYSON.  good god

Edited by Boston
I forgot something
  • Love 4

This is for Anna. 

"If the child listed on the certificate is under one year of age, please contact the hospital where the child was born and speak to Medical Records. They will then send an affidavit for correction to the Arkansas Department of Health in order to correct the birth certificate."

🏃🏽‍♀️Anna🏃🏽‍♀️

• LOL 7
  • Love 14
6 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Not ONE person said, yea, NO Anna? Not one?!? Either all the Duggars/Kellers are brain dead, or a couple of them hate Josh & Anna.

That's what I was thinking - like maybe she suggested it to her mom, or sisters, or Jana, or anyone with at least 25% brain capacity and not one person said, "um - it's nice but you may want to reconsider?"  It boggles the mind.

• Love 19
15 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Not ONE person said, yea, NO Anna? Not one?!? Either all the Duggars/Kellers are brain dead, or a couple of them hate Josh & Anna.

Well look at JimBob and his recent career move. I’m going to vote “dumb and clueless as hell”

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 13

Putting the choice of name aside for a moment, I have so many other questions:

1. Why has this been posted on Anna's Instagram, even if just locked to replies from people she knows? I guarantee that everyone has been telling her to stay off social media, even for seemingly innocuous things like baby announcements and adorable puppy pictures. 

2. The related question: why didn't she let the official Duggar Family Facebook/Instagram handle it? And if the answer is that whoever is running those accounts right now was all, uh, I don't want to deal with the inevitable negative responses, which fair enough, then why not let one of the other Duggarling accounts say something like, "Just got to meet my cute niece!" 

3. And while I'm boggling over here, if she felt she had to announce on social media why pick today instead of, not randomly, Thursday, during the pre-trial hearing, as a distraction? Was she hoping to influence potential jurors with cute baby pictures? If so, is she aware that the jurors aren't getting picked until the start of the trial, on November 30? And are, frankly, highly unlikely to be following her social media, regardless of the date?

4. Why did she put that huge flower on that poor infant's head? It looks so uncomfortable.

Good luck, cute little baby. You're going to need it. 

• Love 11

I could believe that a lot of things Anna does come from motivations and feelings she's totally and repeatedly squashed throughout her life exploding into the real world utterly without her being aware of what's happening and without any conscious intention at all  on her part. 

I don't usually feel really Freudian. But in Anna's case, seems to me there's been absolutely massive cognitive dissonance in her life for pretty much her whole life, and intense pressure both external and internal for her to completely ignore the dissonance and keep saying the stuff that's apparently making her a "role model" for fundie/Gothard girls who are also being impelled along the same paths. Just endless cycles of confusion and/or anger and then unconscious but strong-as-hell repression, none of which her internal armor ever lets her be even vaguely conscious of. 

She does keep saying the stuff she's supposed to say. She does keep getting the kudos as the role model. And in all this time, i don't remember anybody seeing or hearing anything from her that would really show that she's often a boiling cauldron of bafflement and disillusion underneath. 

So I think she can very easily have named this kid "Madyson" for all the reasons we think a woman in her position might do that --- without ever allowing the fact that the name is crazy inappropriate and horribly meaningful into her consciousness for a millisecond. Just an automatic revolt of her subconscious completely outside of her awareness. 

And I may be crazy, but I can't actually see her using the name with any conscious awareness of its significance at all. Sadly, I think she may be so fucked up by her long forced and ultimately weirdly voluntary participation in the charades that are her patriarchal, fact-denying religion/cult and marriage to Josh Duggar that she can and does utterly deny a whole bunch of facts that most people would find almost impossible to deny. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

They are all -- thanks to their religion, their cult and their arrogance -- completely in denial of the facts of Josh's life, the facts of Josh's and Anna's marriage, and about a million other key facts about what destruction they and their life "principles" have wrought and continue to wreak on themselves and their children and grandchildren.

They've utterly bought into a pile of huge huge lies about life and the world in general. 

So, no, I'm not surprised for one second that none of them would ever ever say anything about that name to Anna. 

These people -- all of them in the oldest generation, at least -- are far far far far far sicker and more deeply destructive to the younger ones than we want to admit. They're all totally in denial of things that are just plain facts to all of us out here observing them. Their denial of reality in favor of the many myths they prefer is near complete,, I think. And this is just one of many events that clearly demonstrate that fact, seems to me. 

These people are so far from normal or average that it isn't even funny. They're as sick as the sickest quadrant we've got, I think. And, most alarming to me, they show no signs of getting any better.  (Partly, I expect, because their arrogant self-delusion has been rewarded as they've become rich influential "celebrities, thanks to their tv show.) 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Good point, but is it dumb and clueless or arrogance? 

I think it's both for these people. They're heavily heavily heavily into a religion and a cult and a community of people caught up in all those same things that in truth impart nothing but ignorance and delusion to them. But that at the same time strenuously encourage them to arrogantly view themselves as superior in every way to everybody else. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 8
22 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Good point, but is it dumb and clueless or arrogance? 

Third option: it is BSC.  I think they may need to hide the sharp objects and call the men in the little white coats with a butterfly net at this point.  Anna may be unhinged.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

I'm sure Joshley picked out the name. We all know how he loves trolling his own wife (his comments about how she's good at swallowing to swallow et al).

I doubt he picked the name. I don't think he really gives a crap about those kids names. 

• Love 18
2 hours ago, CouchTater said:

All the y's remind me of Christine Brown from Sister Wives.  4 out of her 6 kids have suspect y's:  Aspyn, Gwendlyn, Mykelti and Ysabel.  Although apparently Mykelti is the traditional spelling of that name?

All girls have a Y in the name; you forgot Truely. Their brother is the only one who doesn’t join the Y-name train, which is rather odd as he is called Paedon!

As for baby Madyson… It shocked a lot of people here but honestly… what did we expect? They are the Duggars after all! Nothing they do should come as a surprise or shock.

• Love 9