Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

The hilarious part to me was how they were at an Indian restaurant, Jessa stressed that she wanted something not spicy, and they never even showed the food arriving, let alone hereating it. I just know that she made a face when she saw the food and TLC cut the whole thing.

"Jessa gets the trots". So relatable!

• LOL 11
10 hours ago, lascuba said:

The hilarious part to me was how they were at an Indian restaurant, Jessa stressed that she wanted something not spicy, and they never even showed the food arriving, let alone hereating it. I just know that she made a face when she saw the food and TLC cut the whole thing.

Indian restaurant? Heh. Producer shenanigans. It's not enough to plunk Jessa down in a different town, they probably drove past a dozen good old American chain restaurants and fast food joints, to get to a place serving food that's truly foreign to her. It's like the questions they ask in the THs, and showing the teenaged Duggar daughters eating big pickles.

Troll away, producers, ya gotta spice it up somehow. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 5

It’s interesting that Ben and Jeremy are both on this Kanye train, especially since they were worldly enough (maybe just Jeremy) to know of Kanye’s previous works and escapades.  I KNOW Jeremy is old enough to remember “George Bush doesn’t care about black people” and Swift-Gate, amongst others. 

That being said, I would pay money to watch Kanye and Kim try to maintain a conversation with these doofuses. 

• LOL 16
  • Love 7
27 minutes ago, Spencer Hastings said:

I KNOW Jeremy is old enough to remember “George Bush doesn’t care about black people” and Swift-Gate, amongst others. 

Yeah for sure! I am a couple of years younger than Jeremy and was homeschooled and was well aware of all this. In fact, I remember my professor in a class at a really conservative Christian school making a Kanye/Taylor Swift joke right after Swift-gate, and everyone in the class knew exactly what he was referencing and bursted out laughing! (Someone interrupted another student's presentation, and he blurted out, "Hey, no Kanyes here!" 😂😂😂 )

In any event, I'm a little less sure on Ben since he is younger and still seems a bit more sheltered, but I'd have a hard time believing Jeremy is unaware of who Kanye is before this most recent album or--for that matter--who Kim is!

Edited by Zella
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Oh, Bin. Kanye isn’t truly religious, this is just his mental illness manifesting itself. I wonder if Bin appreciated Kanye’s past work, in which he rapped about fucking Kim on a sink ? 😆

Well, you know, the Duggs and adjacents are all so into conversion and revival -- and their own hopes for personally making both those things happen always and everywhere -- that they'll crow about anything that sounds like that........and they're not inclined or not able (or both) to think any deeper...

Plus, of course, the farther you "fell" previously, the more exciting your conversion is. See: the unrepentant anal rapist (who's not mentally unstable but just a complete jerk, I expect)

• Love 12

I quess Ben and Jeremy are okay with Kanye wearing a crown of thorns for a magazine cover and calling himself Yeezus.

And what about his wife? She must be causing divorces all over the world with her choice of clothing.kanye-west-and-kim-kardashian-west-15572

• LOL 14
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Spencer Hastings said:

It’s interesting that Ben and Jeremy are both on this Kanye train, especially since they were worldly enough (maybe just Jeremy) to know of Kanye’s previous works and escapades.  I KNOW Jeremy is old enough to remember “George Bush doesn’t care about black people” and Swift-Gate, amongst others. 

That being said, I would pay money to watch Kanye and Kim try to maintain a conversation with these doofuses. 

Can you see hillbilly Princess Jessa sitting in an Indian restaurant sharing her wedding album with Kimmy? 🤣

• LOL 19
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I quess Ben and Jeremy are okay with Kanye wearing a crown of thorns for a magazine cover and calling himself Yeezus.

And what about his wife? She must be causing divorces all over the world with her choice of clothing.kanye-west-and-kim-kardashian-west-15572

A caricaturist would have an easy time drawing Kim Kardashian West. She's a walking, talking, attention-whoring caricature. 

Back on topic: I'm imagining the male Duggar and Duggar-adjacents' reactions if they saw that costume. They might need to seek medical attention. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 5

Have Jeremy and Ben ever said anything about modest dressing? Given some of the other women they know, I have feeling they don't really care modest clothes. 

As for Kanye, he does have a history of making music about God. It's been about 15 years since he did Jesus Walks. I'm sure there's some real faith in there, as well as mental illness and other stuff. 

The biggest problem I would expect Jeremy and Ben to have with Kanye's life choices is that Kim was still legally married to Kris Humphries when they were dating and she became pregnant with Kanye's baby. 

I'm surprised though that they are so excited about this. Ben at least has history of listening to Christian rap. Jeremy, has never liked Christian music that wasn't part of nonChristian genre. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Temperance said:

I'm surprised though that they are so excited about this. Ben at least has history of listening to Christian rap. Jeremy, has never liked Christian music that wasn't part of nonChristian genre. 

I wonder how much of it with Jeremy is driven by his huge attraction to celebrity -- and his obvious desire to be a celebrity and to be in with celebrities...

.That thing that he wrote praising Kanye's theology as being totally sound seems as if it could be sort of a (conscious or unconscious) lame little plea for Kanye's attention and to show Jer's authority in this realm...

.I can easily imagine him having a hankering to get in on what he may perceive as a new revival movement that could actually catch fire with the young.....He's talked about hoping for a new revival on several occasions.....

He was in his mid-teens when Jesus Walks came out. Maybe he liked that at the time and has had it in the back of his mind all these years... 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 2
  • Love 10
20 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Oh, Bin. Kanye isn’t truly religious, this is just his mental illness manifesting itself. I wonder if Bin appreciated Kanye’s past work, in which he rapped about fucking Kim on a sink ? 😆

C29F2E0C-009C-443D-B34F-1639E060CD22.jpeg

Well, Bin's FIL mimicked banging his wife on a putt putt course, so Bin probably thinks that's just how married people act.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

C29F2E0C-009C-443D-B34F-1639E060CD22.jpeg

You know no one is paying attention to the Seewalds when this took awhile to come up on the forum. 😂 Maybe TLC is right and they're too boring to be filmed!

That being said, it was just over a year ago that Kanye was dressed up as a Perrier bottle, toddling around the SNL stage proclaiming that he's a sick fuck, he likes a quick fuck and rapping "you're such a fucking ho, I love it".

Maybe Bin should go back into Kanye's discography? I'm sure he would like Chance the Rapper's discography better. 

• LOL 17
  • Love 5
44 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

You know no one is paying attention to the Seewalds when this took awhile to come up on the forum. 😂 Maybe TLC is right and they're too boring to be filmed!

That being said, it was just over a year ago that Kanye was dressed up as a Perrier bottle, toddling around the SNL stage proclaiming that he's a sick fuck, he likes a quick fuck and rapping "you're such a fucking ho, I love it".

Maybe Bin should go back into Kanye's discography? I'm sure he would like Chance the Rapper's discography better. 

I can’t stop laughing.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

I can’t stop laughing.

Your boyfriend is a dork, McLovin! Yes I can recite the entire stupid thing. 

I remember watching that live and it was just so surreal to watch. That was Kanye a year ago Duggars. A YEAR AGO.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Your boyfriend is a dork, McLovin! Yes I can recite the entire stupid thing. 

I remember watching that live and it was just so surreal to watch. That was Kanye a year ago Duggars. A YEAR AGO.

That is the saddest, lamest, dumbest thing I’ve ever seen. That was SNL????

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

That is the saddest, lamest, dumbest thing I’ve ever seen. That was SNL????

To be fair Ariana Grande pulled out at the last minute due to Mac Miller's death and they had to find someone on super short notice for the season premiere. Lorne Michaels had a soft spot for Kanye, even after all the MAGA stuff. They pre-taped one of the performances and then Kanye and Kid Cudi came out at the end for Ghost Town. I think they had a sketch planned with Ariana that had to be cut so more Kanye filler. Afterwards Kanye burned through his goodwill with Lorne. I suspect he will be back on once he "redeems" himself.

SNL is basically hit or miss for live performances. The Foo Fighters, Arcade Fire, and Bruno Mars are the only ones who consistently blow me away. Prince did too, but he cannot anymore. 

Regardless I feel like I am living in some strange universe. Bin and Jeremy loving Kanye? WhaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAT. 

Is this the real life? Or is it just fantasy?

• Useful 7
  • LOL 3
  • Love 10
16 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I wonder how much of it with Jeremy is driven by his huge attraction to celebrity -- and his obvious desire to be a celebrity and to be in with celebrities...

.That thing that he wrote praising Kanye's theology as being totally sound seems as if it could be sort of a (conscious or unconscious) lame little plea for Kanye's attention and to show Jer's authority in this realm...

.I can easily imagine him having a hankering to get in on what he may perceive as a new revival movement that could actually catch fire with the young.....He's talked about hoping for a new revival on several occasions.....

He was in his mid-teens when Jesus Walks came out. Maybe he liked that at the time and has had it in the back of his mind all these years... 

And the way that JereME announced that some graduate from The Master's Seminary, who pastors the church that Kanye is now attending - sounds like an attempt on JereMe's part to get that pastor's attention in hopes of working with him. Perhaps they already know each other. 

Jerm probably thinks that he and Kanye have something important in common - their wives are both reality TV stars.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

And the way that JereME announced that some graduate from The Master's Seminary, who pastors the church that Kanye is now attending - sounds like an attempt on JereMe's part to get that pastor's attention in hopes of working with him. Perhaps they already know each other. 

Jerm probably thinks that he and Kanye have something important in common - their wives are both reality TV stars.

Big difference is: I'd rather hang out with Kim's family than Jinger's. They're much more fun. If I was forced to make a choice. Also, at least the Kardashians are more upfront about their failings and issues. Maybe a little too upfront but better than the Duggers' denial. 

• Love 17
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I believe Kanye likes to smoke a little weed to calm him down a bit. I'd like to here Jeremy find some Biblical approval for that.

Enough speculation that is what Bin is doing in the basement when Jessa locks him down there. Fo shizzle.

• LOL 15
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Madtown said:

I hope they impressed upon Jessa that Ivy should not be the last owner of this dress. I can see her mindlessly tossing it out like she would do with the clothes from the communal closet.

27 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I hope they impressed upon Jessa that Ivy should not be the last owner of this dress. I can see her mindlessly tossing it out like she would do with the clothes from the communal closet.

I was about to say the same. Jessa grew up with literally nothing to call her own. I don't know that she can appreciate the value of a family heirloom or momento. I can easily see her tossing the dress or giving it away as a hand-me-down.  

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 10
On 10/28/2019 at 5:56 PM, EAG46 said:

Big difference is: I'd rather hang out with Kim's family than Jinger's. They're much more fun. If I was forced to make a choice. Also, at least the Kardashians are more upfront about their failings and issues. Maybe a little too upfront but better than the Duggers' denial. 

Same. And the Kardashians are actually educated people for the most part. Not to mention incredible businesswoman, and kajillionaires. I'd be intimidated! The Duggars ...snooze.... you love jesus ok got it. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

This thread needs a new title since it's no longer applicable. How about "The Seewalds: A lesson in being careful what you wish for". Because out of all the Duggars excepting Josh/Anna I think these two are the most miserable together and I think it's only going to get worse as additional kids come along. 

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, Tasya said:

This thread needs a new title since it's no longer applicable. How about "The Seewalds: A lesson in being careful what you wish for". Because out of all the Duggars excepting Josh/Anna I think these two are the most miserable together and I think it's only going to get worse as additional kids come along. 

I'm sure there are some regrets, but they don't seem to me nearly as dysfunctional as a couple than Josiah/Lauren or Jill/Dreck. Ben appears to have a fairly easygoing personality despite his beliefs which probably makes him fairly easy to live with and fairly nondemanding. And he looks to be really good with their kids, especially compared with Dreck.

• Love 18
14 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I'm sure there are some regrets, but they don't seem to me nearly as dysfunctional as a couple than Josiah/Lauren or Jill/Dreck. Ben appears to have a fairly easygoing personality despite his beliefs which probably makes him fairly easy to live with and fairly nondemanding. And he looks to be really good with their kids, especially compared with Dreck.

I count Josiah in an entirely different category. His entire spirit and being is warped. It wouldn't have mattered who he married (female) in my opinion. Derek may be many things, but I think Jill is happy with him. Even if it's a misguided happiness, I think she's satisfied with her partner. I think Ben and Jessa do not like each other. I just do not see any genuine feeling between then at all. That's what I mean about being miserable. I agree that they both love their kids and seem to be good with them. But whenever they have to interact, I don't see any joy. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
42 minutes ago, Tasya said:

. I agree that they both love their kids and seem to be good with them. But whenever they have to interact, I don't see any joy. 

I agree. I see Bin and Jessa as one of those couples who don't hate each other enough to separate, but don't love each other enough to ever be truly happy. In their TH's, Bin usually makes a statement, then Jessa immediately explains it or discredits his words altogether. I get the feeling Bin gives in constantly to keep the peace, and that's not a very pleasant way to live.

• Love 17
2 hours ago, Tasya said:

The Seewalds: Ben & Jessa: JB & M 2.0

Ben went after the Fundy cheerleader sames as JB going after Michelle. Michelle runs the family but lets JB think he is (Jessa is still working on this). And all four are passive-aggressive, stuck-up snobs.

• Love 16
3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I get the feeling Bin gives in constantly to keep the peace, and that's not a very pleasant way to live.

And there's still 50 years to go!

1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Ben went after the Fundy cheerleader sames as JB going after Michelle. Michelle runs the family but lets JB think he is (Jessa is still working on this). And all four are passive-aggressive, stuck-up snobs.

Don't forget the complete exploitation of their kids, to their own benefit.

• Love 13