Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

21 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Ben says alluding to the possibility of Jessa terminating a pregnancy is slanderous and an attack on her character. 

Again, what does Ben think he's doing in his sermons of hate? He's attacking other folks' character. 

I hope folks find any hateful sermons he's posted and ask him for an apology and retraction.

That “interview” he did about homosexuality comes to mind. Hypocrite. 

• Like 20
23 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Only after Jessa issues an apology and a retraction for all of her bigotry, judgment, and hate over the years. 

I'm all about letting folks believe what they believe. This is only the second time I'm aware of (or can remember) Jessa explicitly spouting her hate. The first time was when she posted secular moms suck at parenting.

• Mind Blown 2
  • Applause 2
4 hours ago, Zella said:

Agreed. I'm not really big on watching YouTube--I'd 10 to 1 rather read something than watch someone--but there are some cooking people I follow on there who make a living out of it. They really bring their A game in a way that no Duggar has ever done. 

Exhibit A being Max Miller, Tasting History. The fact he's a gay guy happily married to a man would probably have the Duggars clutching their pearls, but Jessa and her ilk could learn a lot from Max on how to do YouTube right. He went from making YT videos on a lark after being furloughed from his job during the pandemic to making YouTube his job. He has a great unique concept, he does his research, he's engaging, his content looks professional, he has a clear persona/brand that he understands and uses effortlessly, and well, it's no surprise the man got a cookbook deal with Simon and Schuster out of it as well as a channel that he can make a living off of within 3 years. 

Nobody thinks of the Duggars influencing as real work because they don't treat it like real work. 

Max Miller is amazing for all the reasons you listed. It doesn't hurt that he is cute either. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm all about letting folks believe what they believe. This is only the second time I'm aware of (or can remember) Jessa explicitly spouting her hate. The first time was when she posted secular moms suck at parenting.

Comparing abortion to the holocaust? Do I have the wrong person? It was mentioned yesterday on that feature. 

• Like 9
53 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Jessa should apologize to any poor suckers who were dumb enough to eschew regular insurance for their families and sign up for Scamaritan due to her shilling it. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 4
14 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Jessa should apologize to any poor suckers who were dumb enough to eschew regular insurance for their families and sign up for Scamaritan due to her shilling it. 

Benny Boy did open Pandora’s box with his stupidity. Serves them right. 

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, SMama said:

Benny Boy did open Pandora’s box with his stupidity. Serves them right. 

Yep. Not one person is going to apologize or retract their comments, Bin. Stop the virtue signaling.

• Like 9

Yup, when you post your miscarriage announcement in two separate videos to leave people buzzing about the Seewald productive habits and then toss in a D&C grenade, people are going to talk, you self-absorbed hypocrites. 

Bright side, at least The Reverend Benny likes his wife enough to demand satisfaction! from internet strangers.

• Like 9
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 7
1 hour ago, satrunrose said:

Bright side, at least The Reverend Benny likes his wife enough to demand satisfaction! from internet strangers.

I think he was given his marching orders and his lines. LOL It reminds me a bit of the weird shit he posted after Derick and Jim Holt called out Jim Bob for being a liar in the wake of the trial. He reared his little head then, too, but I am not sure he so much really feels compelled to speak out so much as he knows he should. 

• Like 9
4 hours ago, AstridM said:

Only after Jessa issues an apology and a retraction for all of her bigotry, judgment, and hate over the years. 

Before meeting Jessa, Ben spent his free time protesting outside Planned Parenthood. And he was posting hateful shit on Instagram after they married, before TLC made them stop.

I'm willing to bet that he wrote Jessa's statement. That murderer/mortician line had his name written all over it. 

• Like 11
  • Sad 3

To get your channel monetized on YT, you need 1000 subs and 4000 hours of watch time.  You have to post periodically to keep the monetization going.  Anything you see being shilled by the influencer themselves are paid ads (meal prep kits, Squarespace, Casetify, etc are all paid ads).  They get to try the product, tell you all about it and usually offer a discount code to their followers.  They should be documented in the video itself, in the description box, and in a pinned comment that it's a paid ad.  Paid ads will also require a legally-binding contract between the influencer and the brand.  The ads that look similar to commercials are placed by YT.  Creators have some say in what type of company they would like, but they don't have full control of the actual ad.  Those are usually done by nationally-known companies.  You can use an ad-blocker, and at least the one I use does block the commercial type ads.  You can also fast-forward past the paid ads.

• Useful 5
16 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Ben says alluding to the possibility of Jessa terminating a pregnancy is slanderous and an attack on her character. 

Again, what does Ben think he's doing in his sermons of hate? He's attacking other folks' character. 

I hope folks find any hateful sermons he's posted and ask him for an apology and retraction.

He probably thinks that the other heathen folks deserve it. He's trying to "save" them by bringing them to the "right" Jesus. He's such a hypocrite. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, Stevie Nicks said:

He probably thinks that the other heathen folks deserve it. He's trying to "save" them by bringing them to the "right" Jesus. He's such a hypocrite. 

He got slammed on Twitter for this nonsense. As expected, not even one apology or retraction. Suck it, Bin.

• Like 15
(edited)

Jessa is now trying to distract from the shit storm she created with a story about her decorating choices. For those of you who were waiting with bated breath. 🙄

ETA: She wasn’t done, she’s shilling picture frames Josie Balka and others shilled a month or longer ago.  

Edited by SMama
  • Like 2
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 7
5 minutes ago, Meow Mix said:

I owe this twit and her useless preacher boy husband nothing.  Ben really should have kept his nose out of this because he has made it a hundred times worse. 

And on one cares about Jessa's sad decorating choices.

Preacher Boy 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

What decorating choices? It always comes down to adding more pictures. 🥱 

• LOL 10
1 hour ago, Meow Mix said:

Jessa did post a cribbed quote from someone comparing abortion to the Holocaust without attribution.  And the cherry on top was a picture of people being loaded on a train headed to a concentration camp.  I owe this twit and her useless preacher boy husband nothing.  Ben really should have kept his nose out of this because he has made it a hundred times worse.  And on one cares about Jessa's sad decorating choices.

Wow - she has gone lower there than anyone who commented on her situation, imo. A situation SHE made the choice to publicize and exploit in an extreme manner by posting 2 videos, the first a fucking “cliffhanger,” months after the actual procedure. Fuck you, Jessa.

• Like 10
  • Applause 9
9 hours ago, SMama said:

Preacher Boy 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

What decorating choices? It always comes down to adding more pictures. 🥱 

More kissing pictures and signs with words.

• Like 1
  • LOL 14
20 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I wonder if it originally was one video but she split it because it would be in poor taste to shill products during a video about a miscarriage.

If she split it, it was to get two payouts from YoutTube instead of one for one video.  She clearly wanted to monetize this situation for all it was worth and is now crying because she got called out.  

• Like 11
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 2

Did Jinger say that going to Ben's church started her on the path out of the IBLP, because Ben's church studied the actual Bible or something? I'm asking because Ben and Jessa appear to follow IBLP (homeschooling, having baby after baby with no family planning), so I found it odd that Jinger said Ben's church led her to eventually leave IBLP.

• Useful 4
52 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

Did Jinger say that going to Ben's church started her on the path out of the IBLP, because Ben's church studied the actual Bible or something? I'm asking because Ben and Jessa appear to follow IBLP (homeschooling, having baby after baby with no family planning), so I found it odd that Jinger said Ben's church led her to eventually leave IBLP.

I thought Jinger referred to talking to Ben, how he grew up, different, without so many restrictions. I don’t recall Jinger talking about Ben’s church. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
6 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Sadly there are plenty of people homeschooling and having a lot of kids who aren't IBLP.  They aren't the only religious fundamentalists on offer.  

Very true - we have a niece who finally admitted her "christian homeschooling" (reformed presbyterian) was really her 5 school aged kids played and watched tv all day while she cared for an infant and toddler. When they finally started public school, all 5 elementary age kids were 2-3 grades behind. the 5 yr old started in 3yr old pre school.☹️

but we also know some awesome home school families that use christian based curriculum, are involved in home school co ops, take advantage of dual enrollment for college credits, kids are in 4H, scouts, opt in to their local school district for band, sports, theater, building trades etc.

• Like 7
  • Sad 5
  • Useful 3
21 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

It's not the same as having your own. Jessa has been there four times, so she knows the difference. 

Especially since she was forced to raise her siblings.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 2

Jessa would never, ever, put the work in with children that aren't hers. She is overly enmeshed and sees those kids as an extension of her. Her pride comes because they are hers. She made them. They are great because she is great.

Pride goeth before the fall.

• Like 6
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 2
5 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Jessa would never, ever, put the work in with children that aren't hers. She is overly enmeshed and sees those kids as an extension of her. Her pride comes because they are hers. She made them. They are great because she is great.

Narcissists gotta narcissist.

• Like 15
43 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Jessa and the entire duggar family certainly appear as the prideful and haughty in all things.

Proverbs 16:18-19 King James Version (KJV)

Pride goeth before destruction, And an haughty spirit before a fall. Better it is to be of an humble spirit with the lowly, Than to divide the spoil with the proud.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

Jessa and the entire duggar family certainly appear as the prideful and haughty in all things.

Proverbs 16:18-19 King James Version (KJV)

Pride goeth before destruction, And an haughty spirit before a fall. Better it is to be of an humble spirit with the lowly, Than to divide the spoil with the proud.

Is there a picture of the Duggar family on that page in the Bible?

• LOL 13
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Is there a picture of the Duggar family on that page in the Bible?

No, it's a hand-drawn image of the JillDavid R. clan, AND it was done by the same artist who made Jill & Dave's map (?s).  

• LOL 7

IMO, Jessa brought Henry to that speech therapist for episode content. I believe that she had no real intention of ever following up and giving Henry the consistent, professional help that he needs. 

• Like 18
  • Sad 10
9 hours ago, SMama said:

Why is Jessa so proud about her kids skating indoors? This time disguised as Ivy’s photo shoot.

I don't remember it ever being depicted on the show, but I can recall at least one anecdote from Jessa about skating in the house as a child. Since her whole thing these days is convincing herself and the world that she had a happy childhood despite video evidence to the contrary, I'm guessing she has her kids do the things she enjoyed as a child. She doesn't have the imagination to branch out.

• Like 12

The kids were shown skating in the house on the show.  The incident I remember with a shudder is Joy skating in the house while carrying a glass casserole dish from the kitchen to the table.  They also rode bikes in the house on TV.

• Like 10
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 5