Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

Poor Fern, Jessa is going to make her fine, straight, fly-away hair "curly" too. She went from this ⬇️ to this ⬇️ in a couple of months.

image.png.033dc083177d0e6fdaac9f31c54d1a86.png     image.png.9c883b138ad6130ad2eefb315b276659.png

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Sad 11
  • LOL 4
11 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Poor Fern, Jessa is going to make her fine, straight, fly-away hair "curly too. She went from this ⬇️ to this ⬇️ in a couple of months.

image.png.033dc083177d0e6fdaac9f31c54d1a86.png     image.png.9c883b138ad6130ad2eefb315b276659.png

Where are the curls?

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
12 minutes ago, SMama said:

Where are the curls?

It looks to me Jessa is starting to scrunch and floof the back of Fern's hair, the same way she does Ivy's. The floof is what Jessa pretends are waves/curls when really its lack of a brush or comb.

• LOL 13
On 3/3/2023 at 10:52 PM, crazy8s said:

Very true - we have a niece who finally admitted her "christian homeschooling" (reformed presbyterian) was really her 5 school aged kids played and watched tv all day while she cared for an infant and toddler. When they finally started public school, all 5 elementary age kids were 2-3 grades behind. the 5 yr old started in 3yr old pre school.☹️

but we also know some awesome home school families that use christian based curriculum, are involved in home school co ops, take advantage of dual enrollment for college credits, kids are in 4H, scouts, opt in to their local school district for band, sports, theater, building trades etc.

This is something interesting, but I think everyone can choose what and how to do.

On 3/3/2023 at 10:52 PM, crazy8s said:

Very true - we have a niece who finally admitted her "christian homeschooling" (reformed presbyterian) was really her 5 school aged kids played and watched tv all day while she cared for an infant and toddler. When they finally started public school, all 5 elementary age kids were 2-3 grades behind. the 5 yr old started in 3yr old pre school.☹️

but we also know some awesome home school families that use christian based curriculum, are involved in home school co ops, take advantage of dual enrollment for college credits, kids are in 4H, scouts, opt in to their local school district for band, sports, theater, building trades etc.

Besides that I would like to say as a medical college student, especially after I did this writing https://edubirdie.com/examples/abortion/ about abortion, I have to say that this in the past seemed to me a much more drastic procedure, and now I understand that it is actually better to have an abortion than to raise a child at home because you don't have the money to take it to a normal school; this also makes people poorer. I believe that if there were less unwanted children then life would be better.

I wanted to add here about the fact that actually if you are good at raising children and besides that you don't have a job and your husband creates the conditions for you to be able to live like that - then this is a good idea, because I'm sure the children will grow up smarter than they would be at a private school.

Edited by pennyrodgers
  • Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 4
15 hours ago, pennyrodgers said:

I wanted to add here about the fact that actually if you are good at raising children and besides that you don't have a job and your husband creates the conditions for you to be able to live like that - then this is a good idea, because I'm sure the children will grow up smarter than they would be at a private school.

I’m puzzled as to why you think homeschooled children would be smarter than those who attend private schools, but I feel almost certain that the homeschoolers would be safer, considering the tragedy that took place in a private school in Nashville this week.

• Like 3
5 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I’m puzzled as to why you think homeschooled children would be smarter than those who attend private schools, but I feel almost certain that the homeschoolers would be safer, considering the tragedy that took place in a private school in Nashville this week.

Unless you're talking about homeschoolers that live in houses like Joy's & Austin's, where firearms are carelessly left within reach of their toddlers and personal safety is always an afterthought. 

And I disagree that unschooled & ignorant individuals like Jessa make good homeschool teachers just because they don't work outside the home and their husbands like them there.  

And I certainly don't see them as superior to private school teachers. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 13
7 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Except for those who live with abusive parents/family, or in food-insecure homes.

• Like 12
  • Sad 4
  • Applause 2
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Are you using this in place of homeschooled?

Jessa is not unschooling her kids,  she is simply choosing not to bother schooling them at all.  She is nonschooling them.

Unschooling is a particular subset of homeschooling.  Unschoolers do not follow a specific curricula or study individual subjects.  The idea is that children learn best when they follow their own interests and curiosity.  The parents or teachers simply provide the environment for learning to happen at its own pace and time; such as providing a suitable location for the child to work, providing access to learning materials whether already in the home, online or from the library and also providing enrichment experiences to support the child's self learning.  For example, taking a kid interested in dinosaurs to the natural history museum, taking a kid interested in cooking to cooking classes for kids, and buying a telescope for a child interested in astronomy.

It can work really well for a motivated kid with motivated parents/teachers who go out of their way to get the child access to opportunities.  It can be a dismal failure otherwise.

If you ever watched the Plaths' series; the mother, who seems to be the typical fundie mom, does nothing for her umpteen kids but brags about herself all the time; essentially unschooled her eldest son (and probably others).  She claims he was always interested in cars/motors and they set up an old car in a barn for him to work on as his schooling and now he works as a mechanic and restores vintage cars as a hobby and isn't she just the greatest teacher ever? However, he can barely read and laments that he never got the chance to go to regular school and learn the basics and that his mother did not care if he was able to read and write and do math.  His wife, who went to a traditional school (maybe Christian, though), has spent more time helping him learn to read than his mother did.  Jessa is 'unschooling' her kids the way Kim Plath 'unschooled' hers.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 6
  • Sad 12
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 6

For Jessa, I'm using the long-established meaning of "unschooled". 

Not the newer definition that's used to define an untraditional & less formal method of children learning. 

Jessa is ignorant.  That's pretty much it. 

And yes, plenty of homeschooled children are well educated.  But none of them are Duggars. 

• Like 20
2 hours ago, SnapHappy said:

For Jessa, I'm using the long-established meaning of "unschooled". 

Not the newer definition that's used to define an untraditional & less formal method of children learning. 

Jessa is ignorant.  That's pretty much it. 

And yes, plenty of homeschooled children are well educated.  But none of them are Duggars. 

Thanks for clearing that up in my mind. 😁

• Like 7
2 minutes ago, Stevie Nicks said:

From Jessas Instagram. Is Meech wearing pants?? 😳

orca-image-238096828.jpeg

Michelle wears leggings under a skirt, in this case both are black.

When she visited Jinger there were pap pictures of her taking a walk with Jinger and I thought she was wearing pants. Nope, I was quickly corrected by someone with better vision. 

• Like 12
15 minutes ago, SMama said:

Michelle wears leggings under a skirt, in this case both are black.

When she visited Jinger there were pap pictures of her taking a walk with Jinger and I thought she was wearing pants. Nope, I was quickly corrected by someone with better vision. 

I was so hopeful. Lol. At least she's not wearing those ugly black shoes. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, realityfan26 said:

I noticed that all of the older girls are wearing pants and only younger are in skirts. 

I can imagine Michelle saying, "as long as you're living at home young lady, (and not under a husband's headship) there will be no pants."

• Sad 13
2 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

I can imagine Michelle saying, "as long as you're living at home young lady, (and not under a husband's headship) there will be no pants."

How does that explain Jana, who still pretty much lives at home?

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
2 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

The look like boxcar children. 

Henry, Benny, Violet and Jessie.

I can't believe I remember those names.  And you're 100% right, that's exactly what they look like.

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

I can only assume she's jumping into an unseen pile of pillows....but with this family, who knows.  Not thrilled with her balancing on the arms of two chairs that could shift and move, but whatever, I guess.

• Like 7
  • Sad 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
9 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I can only assume she's jumping into an unseen pile of pillows....but with this family, who knows.  Not thrilled with her balancing on the arms of two chairs that could shift and move, but whatever, I guess.

I couldn’t get a decent screenshot so I left it out. 🤣 She landed on the couch.

5E68C07A-F198-4A9E-B360-917EF4FF527E.jpeg

• Like 3

Stuff can happen quickly.  When my nephew was a child, he decided to climb up on the fireplace mantle and jump onto a huge stuffed tiger.  He broke his leg.  No one thought it was cute or filmed it for consumption by hundreds of total strangers.  

• Like 13
  • Applause 6
(edited)
45 minutes ago, Suzn said:

I was thinking street urchins...

I was thinking of children living in the Appalachian Mountains during the 1930s / Depression era.  

Edited by Lisa418722
  • Like 14
  • LOL 4
3 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

Stuff can happen quickly.  When my nephew was a child, he decided to climb up on the fireplace mantle and jump onto a huge stuffed tiger.  He broke his leg.  No one thought it was cute or filmed it for consumption by hundreds of total strangers.  

I have had 4 grandkids here for the last 10 in various age combinations - what I know is THE FLOOR IS LAVA!!! 

So much climbing at jumping on and off various objects, indoors and outside.  Pretty much safe and some things were off limits. The arms of the chairs to the couch would have been done at least 50x had the option been available.  Not saying it was wise to allow, but that was their thing this trip. Of course we had to watch the show as well.

I took no pics or video. 😂

• Like 13
  • LOL 1
55 minutes ago, jacourt said:

Well thankfully ivy had on shorts under her dress so she was modest when her dress ended up on her head. 

It would be nice if Jessa would dress her in shorts and a shirt when she’s in a gymnastics or tumbling mood. I think Ivy would do really well in a tumbling class as well. So much potential that will be “trained” out of her. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 12

I doubt Ivy would do well in a group where she has to follow directions, and where she is not getting all the attention.  There wouldn't be anyone egging her on to do these "stunts" and taking her picture to post on line.  She would have to follow rules and interact with others not in her family.  It is very sad, and a waste of any talents she may have.

• Like 8
  • Sad 7

I wonder if Spurgy is taking ballroom dance lessons.  Maybe online?  I noticed when he is dancing with Ivy, he attempts to put his arm in a proper up position (doesn't quite get it there but he puts it there as if he has learned to do that) a couple of times.  

He seems to like to dance with Ivy too.  This isn't their first filmed dance.  

Henry does look really small in that picture. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
15 minutes ago, ranchgirl said:

I wonder if Spurgy is taking ballroom dance lessons.  Maybe online?  I noticed when he is dancing with Ivy, he attempts to put his arm in a proper up position (doesn't quite get it there but he puts it there as if he has learned to do that) a couple of times.  

He seems to like to dance with Ivy too.  This isn't their first filmed dance.  

Henry does look really small in that picture. 

Can someone post a screenshot? I'm #blessablocked.

• Like 1