Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

(edited)
25 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

If Jessa won’t cut her sons hair, there is no way she is cutting hers or her girls. 

They all would look so much nicer with decent haircuts!

Agreed. But once upon a time, for about ten minutes, when Spurge was a toddler, he had a cute head of tousled curly hair. Therefore, forever more, ALL her children will have messy hair. Because it's (in her mind), super cute. Forever. As decreed by Queen Jessa, She Who Must Be Obeyed. 

ETA: I rarely look at any Duggar photos except here or occasionally on Reddit. Is Bin still sporting his Sullen Amish Dude look?

Edited by Jeeves
  • LOL 16
11 hours ago, ginger90 said:

C3F53887-39F1-4F7C-80CB-6FD44A13C6C5.jpeg

35D647BB-232A-4780-9A26-DAFE0EEF491F.jpeg

0F3DE5D4-2E21-45F6-B509-F2A0995122BC.jpeg

Somehow, I don’t think Michelle would ever let her kids dance like this, especially brother touching sister!  I agree that he seems to know the proper technique and I think they look very cute.

• Like 12
2 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Jessas sons also need bigger clothes. Why are they always wearing tight/too small clothes?

It makes me sad that her kids will not go to school or do activities like dance/karate/swimming etc.

I agree the boys clothes are often too small. I have noticed this sometimes with otherwise attentive parents- sometimes people get focused on the age range for sizes not the size the child actually is (kids often grow at different rates even compared to their siblings). Parents are people too and sometimes have a lot going on (work, health issues, more pressing matters than clothing) and they look up and their child has outgrown everything.

Spurgeon’s clothes look okay here, and he is the eldest. (meaning no bigger older brother with hand me downs to wear) Knowing how lazy Jessa is I can’t see her paying too much attention unless Spurgeon was actively complaining that his clothing hurt. 

• Like 6

Spurge's outfit in the dancing photos is OK, but in the group shot of the 4 kids his too tight shirt accentuates his chubby tummy. I'm concerned about Henry as he's too small for his age.  It's hard to believe he's only 13 months younger than Spurge.  Jessa should be taking him to a pediatrician as well as a speech therapist..

• Like 6
18 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Yup, Kohl’s, Target, and Lands’ End among others, carry husky sizes.

It may not be an actual department anymore, but most stores carry children's clothes in different cuts: slender, husky, regular.

• Like 4

I'd rather see kids that look like Jessa's than the pale, waif-like Rodrigues children. Ballroom dancing could be a great outlet for the Seewald kids. Duggar toddlers weren't allowed to dance to music. At least that would be some progress!

• Like 20

Jessa is all about getting her kids clothes. She goes at least twice a year to thrift-paloozas and gets big ole hauls.

Pants that fit Spurge's waist are likely way too long, and shirts as well - sleeves and overall length will be too long.

Here they are a year ago. Henry doesn't look so small then.

image.png.ccfba43de2f1249b210f432edcea9517.png

(edited)
14 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Pants that fit Spurge's waist are likely way too long, and shirts as well - sleeves and overall length will be too long.

That's why he needs the husky cut.

Edited by Absolom
  • Like 14
(edited)

He looks like it should.  It would certainly be better than what Jessa has him in.

If Jessa were to get husky pants that fit better in the rear and thighs, he'd be better off.  Little boy pants these days come with adjustable waists for almost all brands so she would be able to let the pants out in the waist if needed.

Edited by Absolom
  • Like 9
(edited)

They have that huge, empty parking lot in front of their house. Why not use some chalk and make a 'track' to roller skate and ride bikes around? Or let them play their own version of broom ball. Maybe some kickball or soccer in the backyard. Go on walks in the neighborhood and do a scavenger hunt. Go to a park and play of the jungle gym.

Its like Flowers in the Attic.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 14
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 1
On 4/7/2023 at 4:32 PM, AstridM said:

Eh 🤣

2 out of 4...I do not think Spurgeon has remained as cute as he was when he was smaller and Fern is very plain. Henry and Ivy are cuties. 

• Like 4

Did we ever find out what happened to Spruge when Jessa posted a picture of him in an ambulance  wearing a neck brace?  That was such an odd post, especially without any follow-up. I would think that she would think this was good for a lot of clicks and attention. 

• Like 13
Just now, CalicoKitty said:

Did we ever find out what happened to Spruge when Jessa posted a picture of him in an ambulance  wearing a neck brace?  That was such an odd post, especially without any follow-up. I would think that she would think this was good for a lot of clicks and attention. 

I'm blocked, but if she ever said anything further about Spurge's situation (wasn't he airlifted somewhere?) I'm sure it would have been posted here. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
3 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I'm blocked, but if she ever said anything further about Spurge's situation (wasn't he airlifted somewhere?) I'm sure it would have been posted here. 

I can't believe she didn't make a big deal out of it.  Why post the picture with no explanation or follow-up?  It just seems very out of character for her.

• Like 12
6 hours ago, Zella said:

Maybe whatever happened actually rattled her? 

And yet she had no qualms about filming Spurgeon roller blading indoors while doing a spelling test. Because it’s always safe to be on the move while carrying a pencil. These people. 🤦🏽‍♀️

• Like 16
15 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

I don’t know why he had the neck brace, but I read somewhere that all of the Seewald offspring had C Diff, which is a bowel infection that’s highly contagious and very hard to treat.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 4
20 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

I can't believe she didn't make a big deal out of it.  Why post the picture with no explanation or follow-up?  It just seems very out of character for her.

Maybe she didn’t post a pic because it was another one of these situations, kids piling chairs on top of stools etc to climb up and search for food.

I have a feeling that her kids scrounge around for food quite often, remember Ivy hiding inside the fridge and guzzling milk straight from the carton.

79482BD2-D2AD-496F-A471-FC8BBE9B7780.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Sad 12
8 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Maybe she didn’t post a pic because it was another one of these situations, kids piling chairs on top of stools etc to climb up and search for food.

I have a feeling that her kids scrounge around for food quite often, remember Ivy hiding inside the fridge and guzzling milk straight from the carton.

79482BD2-D2AD-496F-A471-FC8BBE9B7780.jpeg

I agree that is a real possibility,--and I am surprised that there have not been some bad accidents-- but then why even post the ambulance picture in the first place?  Maybe leaving us in the dark was her way of getting attention.  She does think "a little differently" than your average person.

• Like 16

Excellent points @Zella.  Unfortunately, Jessa is a Duggar at heart, so she never learns from these incidents.  She just gets mad and blocks and scolds people never reflecting on the fact that maybe some of what she posts like the pile of dirty diapers is not normal stuff we all can relate to.

I still believe Josiah and Lauren showed a great deal of maturity in stepping away from social media.  Lauren took quite a beating and it couldn't have been good for her mental health to go through that.  Jessa really needs to reflect on whether social media is worth it.

• Like 22
On 4/4/2023 at 10:35 AM, Stevie Nicks said:

From Jessas Instagram. Is Meech wearing pants?? 😳

orca-image-238096828.jpeg

I know there's been talk about how short Josie is compared to Jordyn and Mackynzie, but she looks like she's just about the same height as Michelle. 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Gemma Violet said:

WOACB says that Jessa and Ben's former property has been sold for $280,000.  That's excluding the house, since that was moved to the duggar compound.

If true it’s time for Jessa to stop exploiting her children on SM. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

Location, location, location. Lucky for the Seewalds that area is perfect for emergency services. I'm guessing they held out selling until the city upped their bid because they wanted the space.

$280,000 is about enough to support the family for 6 or 7 years, so I don't think the Seewalds can quit their day "jobs".

So now with Jessa's post-birth ride to the hospital comes, it'll come from her old home. 🤣

• Like 2
  • LOL 7
1 hour ago, Gemma Violet said:

WOACB says that Jessa and Ben's former property has been sold for $280,000.  That's excluding the house, since that was moved to the duggar compound.

Did Jessa and Ben sell it, or her parents?

27 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

$280,000 is about enough to support the family for 6 or 7 years, so I don't think the Seewalds can quit their day "jobs".

Fair enough, then they should either invest wisely, or use some of the money for Ben to learn a trade that will support his ever growing family. Whoring their kids on SM should not be their only plan. That and being a pastor of a sweet church with a congregation of a dozen is not sufficient.

Edited by SMama
  • Like 15
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Location, location, location. Lucky for the Seewalds that area is perfect for emergency services. I'm guessing they held out selling until the city upped their bid because they wanted the space.

So now with Jessa's post-birth ride to the hospital comes, it'll come from her old home. 🤣

If they take that $280,000, less capital gains if applicable, and invest it properly, it can go a long way towards supporting the family for a lot longer than 6 or 7 years.  They won't do that, of course.  

Using the money to pay a tutor for the kids so that Jessa doesn't have to pretend to teach them anymore could be a key to successful futures for all of them; so it'll never happen.  Any sort of educational enrichment for those poor kids would pay big dividends.

I wouldn't feel as bad about Jessa exploiting her kids on social media if I ever saw her do anything for their benefit that wasn't profitable to her.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 18
  • Sad 1
16 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

The Seewalds bought the house from Mary several years ago. How much they paid is in doubt, but the property was in their names.

I thought it was like $100K but I could be wrong. But that would include the house and the land, not just the land.

• Like 3