Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

There are a lot of anti-choice individuals who want to see that drug become illegal at the moment.  

Yes, and due to the forced-birth legal groups shopping around for an anti-abortion federal judge, they've found him in Texas, and the decision is in his hands.  It could be banned in all states.  I'm not exactly optimistic about the decision.

• Like 2
  • Sad 16
Just now, sagittarius sue said:

Yes, and due to the forced-birth legal groups shopping around for an anti-abortion federal judge, they've found him in Texas, and the decision is in his hands.  It could be banned in all states.  I'm not exactly optimistic about the decision.

There have always been pharmacists who would refuse to fill prescriptions for it and also methergine a drug used to stop uterine bleeding.  I used to be a pharmacy technician and have dealt with patients needing prescriptions filled for their miscarriages that were turned away by other pharmacists. Also floated into some stores with pharmacy managers who flat out refused to stock these medications.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 15
  • Applause 2

For those who didn't watch the video, quick summary. The fetus had died in utero. There was no fetal heartbeat. The doctor recommended a D&C because of her history of hemorrhaging with two prior births. She did not terminate a viable pregnancy.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 3

She "opened up" about her previous miscarriage.  Yes, very sad.

Now she's "opened up" about this one.  Again, very sad. 

What is her limit of miscarriages before she STOPS going to the press to "open up" about yet another?  Somebody alerted the media.  

And what exactly is her point here, aside from financial gain from clicks and tabloid blurbs?  

She's already irrelevant, now her stories just get pathetic.  Her "sharing" is meaningless, as her stance on reproductive freedom is well known and misogynistic.   

Hypocrite, thy name is Jessa. 

Edited by SnapHappy
  • Like 17
  • Applause 7
55 minutes ago, Meow Mix said:

Upthread people were saying that she feels her feelings and moves on, but I see someone who is very thin skinned and takes offense at the slightest attempt to have a discussion, then plays the victim. 

I agree. I've posted this before, but she always reminds me of a paraphrased version of John Prine's "In Spite of Ourselves: "gonna spite your nose right off of your face." 

• Like 16
1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

Nobody alerts the press. Online magazines and tabloids keep an eye on Duggar and Bates SM and write stories from them. You know, to get the clicks and make money.

They also mine the Duggar subreddit for content and I assume Free Jinger as well. 

• Like 12
15 hours ago, Zella said:

Jessa buys into the narrative she's been taught her entire life that only evil godless people have abortions. She doesn't have any desire to learn anything different, and she's not a charitable or empathetic enough person to put herself in other people's shoes and realize how fortunate she was either. 

And what I find really telling about this whole thing is how she acts like she's the persecuted one here. As I said earlier, anyone with half a brain cell would have known that a fundamentalist posting about a D and C in the year of our Lord 2023 was going to generate a lot of discussion along the exact lines it did. And still lot of people were sympathetic to her when she shared her news, despite not agreeing with her or liking her. That's because most people are capable of putting themselves in another person's shoes and doing that. Does Princess Jessa absorb any of that? Noooooo. Does Princess Jessa appreciate any of that? Noooo. So, instead she acts like she's the person who's somehow being victimized. 

Jessa. You. Are. Not. The. Victim. Here. 

Honestly, this is just a weird variation of the same shit Amy does. 

I agree with all of this and I don't mean to defend Jessa at all, but the abortion talk regarding her D&C was very obviously meant to be antagonistic in addition to making the very necessary, valid points about  abortion access. Parade's headline was "Jessa Duggar Details Life-Saving Abortion in Emotional Video." I'm guessing that's what tipped the scales in favor of her making statement, since before that headline it was, as far as I know,  just random twitter comments to that affect.  Now, I loudly snort-laughed when I saw that headline, because I knew that various Duggar heads would explode and the there was no way Jessa would resist  commenting on it. And generally speaking, I'm ok with people responding to provocation even when they deserve the provocation and/or their response is stupid.

I think I'm just at the point where I refuse to expect people to be better than what their beliefs tell me they are. No one with the Duggars' beliefs on abortion are going to be at all sympathetic to anyone needing a D&C when there's still a fetal heart rate, just like they didn't care about other women's lives when Michelle had a c-section for the sole purpose of saving her own life at 25 weeks. They will of COURSE see themselves as victims when people say that they did something that they've built their whole life campaigning against. They're wrong, yes, and people should continue to call them out, but their reactions are to be expected.

• Like 7
18 minutes ago, lascuba said:

I agree with all of this and I don't mean to defend Jessa at all, but the abortion talk regarding her D&C was very obviously meant to be antagonistic in addition to making the very necessary, valid points about  abortion access. Parade's headline was "Jessa Duggar Details Life-Saving Abortion in Emotional Video." I'm guessing that's what tipped the scales in favor of her making statement, since before that headline it was, as far as I know,  just random twitter comments to that affect.  Now, I loudly snort-laughed when I saw that headline, because I knew that various Duggar heads would explode and the there was no way Jessa would resist  commenting on it. And generally speaking, I'm ok with people responding to provocation even when they deserve the provocation and/or their response is stupid.

I think I'm just at the point where I refuse to expect people to be better than what their beliefs tell me they are. No one with the Duggars' beliefs on abortion are going to be at all sympathetic to anyone needing a D&C when there's still a fetal heart rate, just like they didn't care about other women's lives when Michelle had a c-section for the sole purpose of saving her own life at 25 weeks. They will of COURSE see themselves as victims when people say that they did something that they've built their whole life campaigning against. They're wrong, yes, and people should continue to call them out, but their reactions are to be expected.

Parade was being disengenuous with that headline.  There are two kinds of abortions; spontaneous and elective, in medical terminology.   They are self explanatory I think.  Some spontaneous abortions do not end spontaneously so there are subcategories such as missed abortions (the pregnancy is not progressing but is still in the uterus) or inevitable abortions (the cervix is open but the tissue hasn't passed).

The public hears the work abortion, though and thinks of only one thing. Jessa had a D&C for an abortion, a missed abortion, a spontaneous one.

• Like 4
  • Applause 6
  • Useful 12
1 hour ago, auntieminem said:

I am sorry for their loss. However I do not understand why she tells it like it would be told if Counting On was filming.  Why make two videos and show them together. It would have been different if she posted the first one when it was filmed. Then later do a video about the loss. How could she not see how calculated it looks. I realize her grief is real but feels kind of manipulative.  She also should not have tried to justify why her situation was different than an abortion, it was not helpful and so non-empathetic to other women who have had the procedure for whatever reason.  She just doesn't get it and probably doesn't want to get it.  Jessa, I feel for you but I can't defend you. 

This is exactly my issue. Not the message itself, but the way she presented it.

• Like 17
1 hour ago, auntieminem said:

I am sorry for their loss. However I do not understand why she tells it like it would be told if Counting On was filming.  Why make two videos and show them together. It would have been different if she posted the first one when it was filmed. Then later do a video about the loss. How could she not see how calculated it looks. I realize her grief is real but feels kind of manipulative.  She also should not have tried to justify why her situation was different than an abortion, it was not helpful and so non-empathetic to other women who have had the procedure for whatever reason.  She just doesn't get it and probably doesn't want to get it.  Jessa, I feel for you but I can't defend you. 

She could've just said she found out she was pregnant last fall but she then miscarried in December. Instead, she decided to use what she had filmed about the happy news and end it on a cliffhanger! This is not must see TV.

The whole thing was calculated to get attention. With what's going on in the US and their pro-life stand, she  had to know she would get backlash.

• Like 21
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

She could've just said she found out she was pregnant last fall but she then miscarried in December. Instead, she decided to use what she had filmed about the happy news and end it on a cliffhanger! This is not must see TV.

The whole thing was calculated to get attention. With what's going on in the US and their pro-life stand, she  had to know she would get backlash.

Its kind of crazy. Jessa has been criticized for much more minor things. Yet she continues to post about her family.

That's why I found these last two YTs so curious from the get-go. Was this a pre-Samaritan shill? Was this God bothering? Like what the hell was the purpose of those videos?

• Like 6
1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

Its kind of crazy. Jessa has been criticized for much more minor things. Yet she continues to post about her family.

That's why I found these last two YTs so curious from the get-go. Was this a pre-Samaritan shill? Was this God bothering? Like what the hell was the purpose of those videos?

Money. I think that's the only reason she does these videos. I don't think she actually enjoys doing them. It's the only way she can earn money since she doesn't want ot get a real job.

Of course, I'm assuming that her YT channel is monetized. She has more than enough suscribers for it, but I'm not sure exactly how it works.

• Like 12
2 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

Money. I think that's the only reason she does these videos. I don't think she actually enjoys doing them. It's the only way she can earn money since she doesn't want ot get a real job.

Of course, I'm assuming that her YT channel is monetized. She has more than enough suscribers for it, but I'm not sure exactly how it works.

I don't know how she would get a job with 4 children.  Even if some of them were in school there would be day care for the others, unless she dropped them at Jana's feet.  Or Anna's. Poor waifs.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
8 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

She does ads in the middle of her videos, in the absence of YT ads, so I assume she's making money in some capacity. 

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, SMama said:

Jessa is being featured on MSNBC right now. WTAF. 😂😂😂

I saw that. I'm laughing a little. (but just a little because, ugh, the whole reproductive rights thing is a serious mess)

• Like 4
1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

I don't know how she would get a job with 4 children.  Even if some of them were in school there would be day care for the others, unless she dropped them at Jana's feet.  Or Anna's. Poor waifs.

Lots of women with 4 or more children work out of necessity.

• Like 20
  • Applause 1
8 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I saw that. I'm laughing a little. (but just a little because, ugh, the whole reproductive rights thing is a serious mess)

My laughing is that I really didn’t expect it to make it to that channel. Love the Arkansas Whatever headline, “Healthcare for Me not Thee.” 

Oh Jessa Blessa, you insensitive bitch. May you get the Karma you deserve for the mortician murderer analogy. Keep whoring your privacy away. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 13
Just now, SMama said:

My laughing is that I really didn’t expect it to make it to that channel. Love the Arkansas Whatever headline, “Healthcare for Me not Thee.” 

Oh Jessa Blessa, you insensitive bitch. May you get the Karma you deserve for the mortician murderer analogy. Keep whoring your privacy away. 

Brava!

• Like 6
  • Hugs 1
  • Applause 1
13 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

She does ads in the middle of her videos, in the absence of YT ads, so I assume she's making money in some capacity. 

The ads that pop up in the middle of YouTube ads are put there by YouTube. YT choses the ads and where to put them.

A channel can get monetized after a certain number of views and hours watched in a 12 month period. If those things fall off they can get demonetized.

• Useful 1
2 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

The ads that pop up in the middle of YouTube ads are put there by YouTube. YT choses the ads and where to put them.

A channel can get monetized after a certain number of views and hours watched in a 12 month period. If those things fall off they can get demonetized.

She did the ad herself within the video.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2

Jessa and her sisters have no where near the shilling SM presence as two of the Bates sisters, but going against popular opinion, I think influencing is a "real job".

Influencing are modern day commercials that cost advertisers pennies because the influencer does all the work.

How shillers like Carlin and Josie Bates really make the money is selling subscriptions. Whether its a monthly make-up purchase, food delivery service, or any other monthly order - they get paid for as long as the subscription is active. 

The Bates sisters put some effort into theirs, with lighting, (unnoticeable) editing and they likely practice a bit before putting it out there. The Duggar sisters suck at it, but I guess they're getting paid - doing it a little different.

I mean its not a typical 9 - 5 job, but its not selling Plexus or LuLaRoe.

• Like 13
5 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

In the recent Q&A Alyssa said they have a hired editor for their videos. In her recent Q&A Erin also said that another person edits their videos. Didn't specify if they paid the person.

Alyssa hired an editor? She doesn't even shill anymore. Evan edits Carlin's stuff.

Its very obvious Jessa edits her own, because, well, the edits are very obvious.

8 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Alyssa hired an editor? She doesn't even shill anymore. Evan edits Carlin's stuff.

Its very obvious Jessa edits her own, because, well, the edits are very obvious.

They've had an editor since they started doing videos. Question is at 16:30.

(edited)
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Frankly, I'd have more respect for her actually selling a product LIVE and in person, no matter how shady and MLM associated. 

She'd have to actively engage with REAL people for longer than it takes to shoot a 10 minute video.  She'd have to actually get dressed.  Be places at certain times. Meet with suppliers.  Be organized.  Understand stock levels, profits, carrying costs, shipping, etc.  

These take ACTUAL skills.  It's not just enticing your children to act like trained monkeys in front of your Iphone before you head out to feed at Chick Fil A. 

And she's "teaching" another generation how to be just as ignorant as she is.  Unbelievable. 

Edited by SnapHappy
  • Like 9
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Jessa and her sisters have no where near the shilling SM presence as two of the Bates sisters, but going against popular opinion, I think influencing is a "real job".

Influencing are modern day commercials that cost advertisers pennies because the influencer does all the work.

How shillers like Carlin and Josie Bates really make the money is selling subscriptions. Whether its a monthly make-up purchase, food delivery service, or any other monthly order - they get paid for as long as the subscription is active. 

The Bates sisters put some effort into theirs, with lighting, (unnoticeable) editing and they likely practice a bit before putting it out there. The Duggar sisters suck at it, but I guess they're getting paid - doing it a little different.

I agree it can be a real job. I've started watching a lot of youtubers during the pandemic and some of them make a living out of it. However, these people put a lot of thoughts and work into it.

The Duggars just film their lives as if they were still on TLC. They're lucky they still have enough fan to make a buck.

A lot of fundie do this beacuse it's the only job they are allowed to have besides some MLMs.

The only time I saw Ben and Jessa have any (fake) enthusiam in their video was when they did someWalmart sponsored content. They must've received a big enough check to put some effort into their performances.

• Like 8
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

I agree it can be a real job. I've started watching a lot of youtubers during the pandemic and some of them make a living out of it. However, these people put a lot of thoughts and work into it.

Agreed. I'm not really big on watching YouTube--I'd 10 to 1 rather read something than watch someone--but there are some cooking people I follow on there who make a living out of it. They really bring their A game in a way that no Duggar has ever done. 

Exhibit A being Max Miller, Tasting History. The fact he's a gay guy happily married to a man would probably have the Duggars clutching their pearls, but Jessa and her ilk could learn a lot from Max on how to do YouTube right. He went from making YT videos on a lark after being furloughed from his job during the pandemic to making YouTube his job. He has a great unique concept, he does his research, he's engaging, his content looks professional, he has a clear persona/brand that he understands and uses effortlessly, and well, it's no surprise the man got a cookbook deal with Simon and Schuster out of it as well as a channel that he can make a living off of within 3 years. 

Nobody thinks of the Duggars influencing as real work because they don't treat it like real work. 

• Like 20

Ben says alluding to the possibility of Jessa terminating a pregnancy is slanderous and an attack on her character. 

Again, what does Ben think he's doing in his sermons of hate? He's attacking other folks' character. 

I hope folks find any hateful sermons he's posted and ask him for an apology and retraction.

• Like 16
  • Applause 8