Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

17 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

I thought it was like $100K but I could be wrong. But that would include the house and the land, not just the land.

It's conjecture, since the filed deed says $1, which is apparently routine for that county. There's no way to know what they paid. I doubt it was anywhere near 6 figures or market value.

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, madpsych78 said:

I thought it was like $100K but I could be wrong. But that would include the house and the land, not just the land.

Yes that is correct. The tax stamp on the sale of the house from Mary to Ben and Jessa stated the purchase price was $100,000. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
28 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I wonder if we'll see a new deed in their names now. Perhaps that was part of the church deal - they would pay them when they sold their house.

If there's been a change of ownership to the house on church property, it hasn't yet been recorded with the county. 

• Useful 4

Just because the land sold for that price doesn't mean Jessa & Ben got the proceeds. 

The money may not be in their control.  Shifty and shady is the Duggar way. 

And Ben is a Duggar regardless of what it says on his legal documents. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 6
On 3/3/2023 at 10:52 PM, crazy8s said:

Very true - we have a niece who finally admitted her "christian homeschooling" (reformed presbyterian) was really her 5 school aged kids played and watched tv all day while she cared for an infant and toddler. When they finally started public school, all 5 elementary age kids were 2-3 grades behind. the 5 yr old started in 3yr old pre school.☹️

but we also know some awesome home school families that use christian based curriculum, are involved in home school co ops, take advantage of dual enrollment for college credits, kids are in 4H, scouts, opt in to their local school district for band, sports, theater, building trades etc.

This actually is strange, I don't know what would have to happen for me to educate my children at home.

• Like 8
41 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Fernie is probably still co-sleeping. 

They showed Ben putting her to sleep in a room with the old homemade bunks. Ivy has/had a twin in her room and the boys have white bunks.

1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

They showed Ben putting her to sleep in a room with the old homemade bunks. Ivy has/had a twin in her room and the boys have white bunks.

Thanks for the update. I'm blocked, so I rely on y'all for my Jessa updates. I guess it's time to work on another blessing after the loss. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
(edited)
On 5/12/2023 at 4:37 PM, ireneemace said:

Very true - we have a niece who finally admitted her "christian homeschooling" (reformed presbyterian) was really her 5 school aged kids played and watched tv all day while she cared for an infant and toddler. When they finally started public school, all 5 elementary age kids were 2-3 grades behind. the 5 yr old started in 3yr old pre school.☹️

but we also know some awesome home school families that use christian based curriculum, are involved in home school co ops, take advantage of dual enrollment for college credits, kids are in 4H, scouts, opt in to their local school district for band, sports, theater, building trades etc.

Besides I learned a lot about it from this platform (Graduateway), that offers a wealth of resources, including essays and articles that delve into the various aspects of mental health and homeschooling. More concretely I ordered from here the writing  https://graduateway.com/essay-examples/mental-health/. Where I found out about  deeper understanding of the challenges and benefits of homeschooling on children's mental health. Explore the different approaches and strategies that can promote a positive learning environment and emotional well-being. It's crucial to remember that every child is unique, and what works for one family may not work for another. By educating ourselves and learning from diverse experiences, we can create an inclusive and supportive environment for all children, regardless of their educational path. Let's strive to ensure that homeschooling, when done right, becomes a positive and enriching experience for children's mental health and overall well-being.

On 5/12/2023 at 4:37 PM, ireneemace said:

This actually is strange, I don't know what would have to happen for me to educate my children at home.

Now the kindergarten has closed and I stay with the kids at home, for me it seems very hard

Edited by ireneemace

What will the title of Jessa's book be?

• Counting the Riches of My Childhood
  • Blessed Indeed
  • Blessed Sayings From the Seewalds
  • Four Religious Kids and Counting

Or maybe she'll say fuck it and go with,

• This Bitch is Blowing it All Up
  • Like 1
  • LOL 19
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

What will the title of Jessa's book be?

• Counting the Riches of My Childhood
  • Blessed Indeed
  • Blessed Sayings From the Seewalds
  • Four Religious Kids and Counting

Unlike Jill, Jessa is saddled with a husband who has never been able to provide for his family, and it doesn’t look like he ever will. Jessa is enmeshed with her parents for life. 

• Like 19
  • Sad 6
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, SMama said:

Unlike Jill, Jessa is saddled with a husband who has never been able to provide for his family, and it doesn’t look like he ever will. Jessa is enmeshed with her parents for life. 

Very true. But... Derick has yet to provide for his family but for a couple of months. Lets hope no squirrels or shiny objects God doesn't call him in another direction.

• Like 7
  • LOL 10

I think it is still speculation on what Ben does or does not do regarding a job, career, employment, etc.  Not a fan and not defending him or his "lovely" wife Jessa Blessa, but, all we know is that he did clean toilets for JB and that he may or may not have been a full time home school teacher and he works for a church.  Or am I missing something?

• Like 16
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I have little hope of Jessa ever leaving and less of her writing a book, but if she does, she'd be the one to burn it all down and write a true tell-all befitting such a title. Her rage would be spectacular.

• Like 10
  • LOL 1
17 minutes ago, AstridM said:

God, I hope so. 

We'll see. Sometimes she goes dark prior to announcing a pregnancy. Also, she might feel the need to do a JB is wonderful Father's Day rant tribute.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 7
(edited)

This is a screenshot of a review of Shiny Happy People on Amazon. Cracked me up! Pretty sure it's not our Jessa. 🤣  And, yes, I upvoted it. 

JessaSHP.jpg.8b91a4ee84b68787cc61662777317b4b.jpg

Edited by Jeeves
  • Like 5
  • LOL 6
28 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Have there been no posts from Jessa in months? Is she radio-silent? I wonder what's up with her.

Her last post was in May, but I think she's done a couple of IG stories last month too. Not sure if she did any IG stories this month.

• Thanks 2
  • Useful 3
23 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

As I said in the Lonely Js thread, I am awaiting Jessa's best daddy ever post. The day's not over yet! 

Looks like James drew the short straw this year and got to make the "Jim Bob's a great dad" Father's Day post. 

• LOL 18
3 hours ago, ranchgirl said:

Looks like James drew the short straw this year and got to make the "Jim Bob's a great dad" Father's Day post. 

I saw a meme that said happy Father’s Day to everyone except jim Bob and Josh Duggar 

• Like 3
  • LOL 16
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

No shout-out from Jessa about her wonderful husband running a 5K?

She also didn't post about him graduating from college. LOL I can't tell if he's told her not to post about him or she withholds the posts about him to get back at him for reasons. 

• Like 10
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 9
On 7/5/2023 at 3:20 PM, GeeGolly said:

No shout-out from Jessa about her wonderful husband running a 5K?

She hasn't posted since May 10 unless she posted on stories. I don't regularly check.

Jinger posted back shots of Spurgeon and Henry. So the boys are all visiting for the 4th.

I wonder if Jessa stayed home with the girls? Or maybe she just prefers to be hidden.

• Useful 7
11 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

She hasn't posted since May 10 unless she posted on stories. I don't regularly check.

Jinger posted back shots of Spurgeon and Henry. So the boys are all visiting for the 4th.

I wonder if Jessa stayed home with the girls? Or maybe she just prefers to be hidden.

Or maybe she is hiding a pregnancy. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 4

I remember my paternal grandmother saying something really rude to my mother and my mother wondering after she left where she parked her broom.

My guess Jessa's silence could be because she is pregnant again as well as hiding from SHP comments.  None of them give their bodies much time to heal after miscarriages.

• Like 9
(edited)

Jessa posted a Youtube video for the first time in five months--Fern's birthday video. 

As usual, none of the presents are wrapped--just Amazon boxes.

We talked about Jessa possibly being pregnant in the other thread (Jinger's 5K race), but she doesn't look pregnant here, unless she's just a few months pregnant.  

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Like 5
  • Useful 4

I broke down and watched.

The Seewalds now have a piano. Fern and Henry seem tight. Unfortunately Fern's speech is much like Henry's was (and is). Fern is starting to look more like Ivy. She received, wait for it... a doll, a doll highchair, a doll cradle, a princess dress, a stuffed dog and a sit and spin.

Spurge made two comments - very Spurge comments - he named the breed of the stuffed dog and told Fern he put the necklace on her. The only speech I understood from Fern was, "thank you brother".

Oh and I think Fern was 'stuffing her bra', lol.

I'm guessing Jessa is pregnant. The only time she was on camera she was wearing all black and her hair was was hiding her mid section.

• Like 6
  • Sad 6

Poor Fern, couldn't even "open" her gifts without the other kids breathing down her neck. Especially Henry, who seemed to loose interest with one girly toy after another.

My two year old niece had a birthday recently. I gave her an outdoor play backyard toy with both boys and girls on the box. Winter has plenty of time for the dolls.

If she insists on using the cardboard boxes she should have the other kids decorate them with poster paint or construction paper. Also, tape the tops closed.

• Like 13

Oh I forgot. Jessa is still leaving Sharpies within reach of her kids. Fern wrote all over her own legs. One would think after Ivy ruined a brand new cabinet door they wouldn't even have Sharpies in the house any more.

• Like 9
  • Mind Blown 5
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 5

I saw the video and felt so sorry for little Ferny. Her older siblings were all over those gifts of hers, and the way she just sat there and didn't even try to fight back,  tells me it's always like that, and poor little Ferny has been trained to accept the aggressive behavior from her siblings.  

• Sad 24
47 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

I’m so happy I’m an only child 🤣🤣🤣

So is my daughter.  She probably would have liked a sibling when she was grade school age, but she got over it.  

I haven't watched.  I imagine Spurgeon still thinks very highly of himself.  🙄

• Like 8
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

So is my daughter.  She probably would have liked a sibling when she was grade school age, but she got over it.  

I haven't watched.  I imagine Spurgeon still thinks very highly of himself.  🙄

Spurge was hardly in it, thank goodness. Just one instance of him correcting Fern. Henry was a bit of a PITA though. 

• Like 6

Fern’s birthday is the most depressing of all the birthdays and there’s been a lot of depressing birthdays.

The wooden doll high chair and cradle both looked chipped and scratched like cheap junk that could have slivers, the “sit and spin” thing was a total flop and waste of money.

Spurge looks totally defeated, bored sick and just going through the motions, sitting slumped on the couch like a bump on a log.. ugh… I know he’s a know-it-all but I can’t help but feel sorry for him.

Henry still can’t talk and acts like a much younger child than he is… aggressively opening Ferns gifts and the idiot parents say nothing!

Whats up with all of the kids hair!?!… do they ever wash their hair or run a comb through it?? Fern and Ivy’s hair looked like rat nests and I don’t even know how to describe Spurge or Henry’s hair… get those kids a proper haircut!

• Like 1
  • Sad 22