Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

My hair is baby fine, like wispy fine, with just the slightest wave (which I didn't have until a few years ago...it was dead straight). I have to sleep with it in a headband so it doesn't get stuck to my face and get all stringy. I also sleep on my back a lot, so ponytails are also out.  

I just whacked it up to shoulder-length earlier today, about six inches gone. I still put on the headband out of habit after dinner, but it won't be a total mess when I wake up in the morning and without the extra weight, I might even be able to wear it down without using a mega ton of hair spray to keep what used to be my bangs out of my face even in the smallest breeze. I hate hairspray; I'd rather just wear the headbands and be done with it. 

22 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

I’m a guy, and my hair grows long, and I have no fucking idea how women deal with waking up to a knotted mess each morning. Do you all sleep perfectly still?

Haha no! Us curly haired gals do a pineapple. 

• Love 5
40 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

My hair is baby fine, like wispy fine, with just the slightest wave (which I didn't have until a few years ago...it was dead straight). I have to sleep with it in a headband so it doesn't get stuck to my face and get all stringy. I also sleep on my back a lot, so ponytails are also out.  

I just whacked it up to shoulder-length earlier today, about six inches gone. I still put on the headband out of habit after dinner, but it won't be a total mess when I wake up in the morning and without the extra weight, I might even be able to wear it down without using a mega ton of hair spray to keep what used to be my bangs out of my face even in the smallest breeze. I hate hairspray; I'd rather just wear the headbands and be done with it. 

This is my hair too. I can't wear it longer than chin length.  

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, latetotheparty said:

This is my hair too. I can't wear it longer than chin length.  

I had it long as a kid, but cut it off in high school and kept it short for years into my adulthood. I finally grew it out, kind of the opposite of what women usually do. With my new cut, I'm probably middle of the road for my age group. Most keep it shorter, but some are stubborn like me and like it longer. Not Mechelle long, though. My hair has never been able to grow that long, even if I wanted it to, but even Kelly Bates' hair isn't very long, probably about as long as mine if your straightened hers out, but nowhere near waist length. I think only Michael has super long hair in that family of girls, unlike the Duggar girls, who just seem to stubbornly refuse to cut it to keep their "beliefs" intact. Joy is the only one who can get away with it. Jill and Jessa need to take off at least 6 inches, Jinger more like a foot; her hair is more fried from straightening than the others. But from her I guess we can see where Spurge got his curls. I really don't know how much of Mechelle's hair is real curl or perm. When she was younger, her hair just looked thick and frizzy, which in the 80's also signaled home perms. Trust me on that one. 

• Love 3

When I was a teen, back in the 70s, my hair went half way down my back...it got to a point that I could no longer sleep with it loose...it pulled when I slept on my back, was all over the place. So, I'd put it up in a pony tail on top of my head. I have often wondered HOW those Duggar girls can sleep with ultra long hair; like Jessa, Jill and Jinger have? I would think it's only in the way at this point. I surely don't want to eat anything those girls have prepared with all that hair hanging down and reaching the top of their kitchen counters.... They really do need complete makeovers. I bet they would all look great.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Haha no! Us curly haired gals do a pineapple. 

What's a pineapple? I have curly hair as well and never heard of that.

My hair is about bra-strap length wet, but just about shoulder length (maybe a little bit longer in back) dry. Because I tend to sleep on my right side, the hair on that side always seems a little frizzier and doesn't settle into defined curls as well no matter how much (or little)  I use.

I'm another who had mostly short hair almost all my life until middle-age. Maybe because they have better products these days to tame the frizz and I've finally learned how to really play up the curls.

9 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

I’m a guy, and my hair grows long, and I have no fucking idea how women deal with waking up to a knotted mess each morning. Do you all sleep perfectly still?

My granddaughter has long curly hair After her shower at night she puts it in a braid while it's wet. In the morning its easy to manage.

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

My hair is about bra-strap length wet, but just about shoulder length (maybe a little bit longer in back) dry. Because I tend to sleep on my right side, the hair on that side always seems a little frizzier and doesn't settle into defined curls as well no matter how much (or little)  I use.

I'm another who had mostly short hair almost all my life until middle-age. Maybe because they have better products these days to tame the frizz and I've finally learned how to really play up the curls.

It's pulling your hair to a high ponytail so you can sleep without disrupting your curl pattern. Like this (of course it's not mandatory, but if I really want my hair to look nice I pineapple). I was forced to have super long hair until I was an adult (my parents were not fundy at all just weird about that ?). 

IMG_0656.JPG

IMG_0657.JPG

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

silk satin pillowcases.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

It's pulling your hair to a high ponytail so you can sleep without disrupting your curl pattern. Like this (of course it's not mandatory, but if I really want my hair to look nice I pineapple). I was forced to have super long hair until I was an adult (my parents were not fundy at all just weird about that ?). 

IMG_0656.JPG

IMG_0657.JPG

Thanks...never thought of that, but it looks as though it would be worth a try! :-)

2 minutes ago, MamaMax said:

silk satin pillowcases.

And this, too...I know I got my mother-in-law a set of those for Christmas a few years ago as she said she used to have some back in the day and it was the only thing she ever found to keep from flattening out her perm when she slept. Somehow I never really connected that to working on naturally curly hair as well, but it makes perfect sense! LOL

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I had it long as a kid, but cut it off in high school and kept it short for years into my adulthood. I finally grew it out, kind of the opposite of what women usually do. With my new cut, I'm probably middle of the road for my age group. Most keep it shorter, but some are stubborn like me and like it longer. Not Mechelle long, though. My hair has never been able to grow that long, even if I wanted it to, but even Kelly Bates' hair isn't very long, probably about as long as mine if your straightened hers out, but nowhere near waist length. I think only Michael has super long hair in that family of girls, unlike the Duggar girls, who just seem to stubbornly refuse to cut it to keep their "beliefs" intact. Joy is the only one who can get away with it. Jill and Jessa need to take off at least 6 inches, Jinger more like a foot; her hair is more fried from straightening than the others. But from her I guess we can see where Spurge got his curls. I really don't know how much of Mechelle's hair is real curl or perm. When she was younger, her hair just looked thick and frizzy, which in the 80's also signaled home perms. Trust me on that one. 

I always thought thick frizzy hair owners got the disheveled look when they raked brushes through their hair, as opposed to using picks, or judicious finger combing after applications of leave-in.  I grant this was based upon my occasional seeing a curly thick haired roommate and how she destroyed her natural curl regularly with brushes, though, so I'm no hairdresser 

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, Lunera said:

New picture of the Seewalds. Ben seems completely out of it, as usual. 

a17bd78f-f424-46db-9cd2-04289f6834cf.jpg

He does looked stoned.  Maybe Jana is growing something special in her garden for Bin & Michelle - for medical purposes of course.  ;)

Edited by ariel
  • Love 6

@ariel, nice post!  

Honestly, I would applaud it, if your supposed scenario were true!  I'd be partaking BIG-time if I had to be Ben (or Jana, for that matter!)

Michelle would never.  She should, though :)

49 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Ben looks overwhelmed in that photo. The guy's just not REALLY happy. I'm sure he loves his boys, but it's just too much, too fast for him. But, That's the Duggar Style and he knew it.

Married at 19 was a huge boner (no pun intended.)  Poor guy.

Maybe he'll sneak off and get secretly snipped.  I'd applaud that as well.  "Oh honey, I can't imagine why you're not pregnant by now (LOL.)

1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

I fear that even that serving plate mid-table is one of those red plastic disposable ones. Can't really see, though, so I'm hoping that's not true. 

That is a red disposable plate. I use them for my younger boys don't trust them with real plates yet

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

That is a red disposable plate. I use them for my younger boys don't trust them with real plates yet

Yeah, I thought it was. I'd think differently about it if one of the kids was using it. But I'm not sure why she needs it out there in the middle of the table. They can't reach that far!

4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Weird shadow of lumpiness going on with Jessa's leg.

It looks like a pad has fallen down and gotten stuck to her knee. 

57 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

Far be it from me to defend Ben, but I have a couple of pictures like that of myself and it's because the photographer caught me in mid-blink

Yeah, but every pic of him is like this, as well as in action shots!  Always looks and speaks like he's stoned or suffering from continual allergies. 

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, awaken said:
1 hour ago, Gemma Violet said:

Far be it from me to defend Ben, but I have a couple of pictures like that of myself and it's because the photographer caught me in mid-blink

Yeah, but every pic of him is like this, as well as in action shots!  Always looks and speaks like he's stoned or suffering from continual allergies. 

Could it be because he's not wearing his glasses? I look out of it in any picture w/o my glasses because my eyesight is poor and w/o my glasses there is nothing for me to focus on.

• Love 5

Now I know who Ben reminds me of.  Jeff Fisher on American Dad.  I'm probably the only one who watches that, but as you can tell by my viewing The Duaggars, I have terrible taste in television.

Edited by flyingdi
On 9/22/2017 at 8:22 PM, Kokapetl said:

My hair is half way down my back, thick, and wavy. I sleep with it completely down and usually just have to run my fingers through it, do a little flat ironing or put a bit of defrizzer in and it's good to go--much easier for me than shorter hair. No tangles at all but that's probably due to it being so thick plus tbh, I don't move around much when I sleep.

I agree though these Duggar girls and Kendra sure do seem to spend a lot of time and money on hair and makeup for such Godly women worried about tempting men...and that Ben usually looks high af. 

Edited by TVwithTea
6 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

I thought maybe cut up strawberries and oranges. Do they eat healthier than the Duggars did, I wonder?

I get the impression that the Seewalds and the Dillards do eat healthier than the TTH has ever eaten. You see a vegetable or fruit in those households occasionally. And at the TTH, pretty much never (unless Jana's eating a salad). ... I expect the Vuolos do, too, but I don't remember seeing much food from them so far. 

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

Why not just use the plastic dishes/bowls and utensils they make for kids?   They are at home right?  They're just a family of four, I don't understand the need to use disposable plates.  Oh well.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised the Duggars probably think global warming is fake news.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

They could hardly do any worse.  Do the Duggars ever eat green vegetables?

Well, I hear there was that one time when somebody fed a toddler peas out of a can. When the kid was lying down? .... 

Does chickenetti have any vegetables in it?.... Like half an onion and one can of peas for 42 servings or something? 

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, I hear there was that one time when somebody fed a toddler peas out of a can. When the kid was lying down? .... 

Does chickenetti have any vegetables in it?.... Like half an onion and one can of peas for 42 servings or something? 

Chicken Etti

1 package spaghetti noodles

3 cups diced, cooked chicken

1/4 cup chopped green pepper

1 cup chicken broth

1 pound cheese (Velveeta)

1 can diced tomatoes

1 can cream of chicken soup

3 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Chicken Etti

1 package spaghetti noodles

3 cups diced, cooked chicken

1/4 cup chopped green pepper

1 cup chicken broth

1 pound cheese (Velveeta)

1 can diced tomatoes

1 can cream of chicken soup

Thank.s. I thought I remembered a vegetable or two in there! ... 1/4 cup of peppers. Sounds about right. ;  )

The tomatoes might actually be visible. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 2