Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

A button-down shirt on an infant seems fussy and Mr. Roger's Neighborhood-ish! 

That outfit doesn't surprise me.

Jessa and Bin playing dress up with their baby is a sad testament to their maturity level.  Jessa has no concept of utility because she's basically playing "dollies".

• Love 7

His life will be even worse if the Duggar genes are indeed so strong that like his uncles, he loses whatever cuteness he has by age 16. And still has that name. That can't lead to a very pleasant adulthood. 

• Love 5

Those adorable smiles are totally going to disappear when he realizes his name is Spurgeon.

Actually I think they'll disappear when his friends realize his name is Spurgeon. Wait a minute - what am I saying? This poor little pudder is not likely to have any real friends. Whew - crisis averted. 

• Love 8

I know I'm completely projecting on this, but I swear Bin and Jinger are posing like two young kids who like each other but don't want everyone to know. Hmmm.

Your so right. Jinger and Bin had chemistry when she was cutting his hair. With Jessa not so much.

• Love 4

I know I'm completely projecting on this, but I swear Bin and Jinger are posing like two young kids who like each other but don't want everyone to know. Hmmm.

Jinger is posing that way, while I think Bin is posing like the guy who knows the girl has a serious crush, and he's uncomfortable, but not mean enough to tell her he's not interested - OR MARRIED TO HER SISTER. Poor Jinger. She's the one that I think has cracked a little already and is about to go off the deep end. 

• Love 3

Sorry if this has been posted, I didn't scroll,

From Duggar Family Official:

Jessa's favorite Bible verse is Acts 4:13:
"Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus."

No one in their sane mind should take knowledge from the Duggars....and yet many do. 

• Love 2

Sorry if this has been posted, I didn't scroll,

From Duggar Family Official:

Jessa's favorite Bible verse is Acts 4:13:

"Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus."

No one in their sane mind should take knowledge from the Duggars....and yet many do. 

So Jessa's going to boldly confront others with their ignorance and lack of learning, is she? Because she's been with Jesus? Uh-uh.

And what an odd verse to have as your fave, anyway. Not an ethical principle, an inspiration, a comfort, a paradox to ponder. Nothing. Just -- The world's full of ignoramuses! Grab 'em, and tell 'em you know Jesus! How Duggar. Full of sound, fury and arrogance and signifyin' nothin'.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 15

What is it about the Duggar women being attracted to really DUMB men?

Well .... Your Headship's supposed to be the model for your future choice of men, right? And...uh... Jizm Bob, aka Mr. Two-Digit IQ?

So Jessa considers herself and Ben Peter and John, who are PERCEIVED as ignorant? Uh, no, sweetheart, it's not mere PERCEPTION.

And now I'm wondering whether this isn't an FU Internetz verse choice.... Like, yeah, y'all call us ignorant and unlearned, and we are, but Ha Ha Ha! For us it doesn't matter! Because, unlike y'all, we know Jesus and thus shall be leaders of men! ..... I have a hard time seeing Jessa being able to or bothering to think this through. But it would certainly fit as an FU Internetz quote. And it's an awfully strange quote to pick otherwise.

• Love 4

I understand there is a Duggar fansite (+ or -?) called "Pickles and Hairspray."  I think now that everyone is getting older, it should be called "Coffee Cup and Side-Hat."  For God's sake, every single shot has a coffee cup and side hat!"  Why so much coffee!  Normal people drink a lot of coffee to stay awake while WORKING. Instagraming is only a job when you are a social media marketer.

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 4

Jinger is posing that way, while I think Bin is posing like the guy who knows the girl has a serious crush, and he's uncomfortable, but not mean enough to tell her he's not interested - OR MARRIED TO HER SISTER. Poor Jinger. She's the one that I think has cracked a little already and is about to go off the deep end.

I don't feel like looking up their birthdays & doing the math but it's been discussed that their is the same age difference or close to it between Jinger & Ben and Jessa & Bin.

• Love 1

I don't feel like looking up their birthdays & doing the math but it's been discussed that their is the same age difference or close to it between Jinger & Ben and Jessa & Bin.

I believe Jinger is about a year older than Bin, whereas Jessa is almost 3.

• Love 1

Why so much coffee!  Normal people drink alot of coffee to stay awake while WORKING.

Very good question. I guess you might also feel sleepy if you sat around doing nothing and being terminally bored all day? They seem to have no purpose and no really active pursuits, interests, hobbies, fun friends, or, of course, jobs. So maybe it's sort of the way people fall asleep in front of the tv in the evening. Only for Ben and Jessa, the evening is all day long and the tv is life itself.

(Pickles and Hairspray is anti-fan.)

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4

Also seems the Starbucks and side/backward hat are their pathetic nods to being hip and trendy for Jesus. Those unbeliever hip and trendy souls aren't going to save themselves, you know ...

Makes sense. We may be ignorant and unlearned, but we got Jesus, sidehats and Starbucks!

• Love 5

Actually, it's the Joy-Bin age gap that's about the same as the Bin-Jessa age gap, although Joy's a few months closer in age to Bin than Bin is to Jessa.

(per the dates in Wikipedia)

Both JInger and Joe are older than Bin, and Joe's the closest Duggar to Bin in age, just a few months older.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 1

The Jessa Bin match up is just so odd. When the 'new' wears off and she takes time from staring in the mirror, she's going to figure out she was married off ASAP to the person who's bring the highest ratings and be most controllable - but bless his heart he's dumber than she is and has no motivation - The Wrath of Jessa is going to be really scary. Run Jana. You're always the target. Maybe you can stand being josh and Jessa can beat the cheap out of his smug face. He will likely be 400 lbs and so out of shape by the that he can outrun you, even in flip flops.

• Love 2

What is it about the Duggar women being attracted to really DUMB men?

If women marry their fathers, Jessa matched JB perfectly when it comes to intelligence.  We can also add charm and ability to understand how others react to him.  Now I wonder if Bin also has horrible breath? 

• Love 3

The Jessa Bin match up is just so odd. When the 'new' wears off and she takes time from staring in the mirror, she's going to figure out she was married off ASAP to the person who's bring the highest ratings and be most controllable - but bless his heart he's dumber than she is and has no motivation - The Wrath of Jessa is going to be really scary. Run Jana. You're always the target. Maybe you can stand being josh and Jessa can beat the cheap out of his smug face. He will likely be 400 lbs and so out of shape by the that he can outrun you, even in flip flops.

Actually, I think JB had reservations about them marrying. There was more than one time in different episodes where Jessa said something to the effect of, "We're GETTING married, no matter what." I believe Jessa, Ben and Ben's father were the most eager. I agree, their marriage is based mostly on looks, which isn't the sturdiest foundation.

• Love 6

Actually, I think JB had reservations about them marrying. There was more than one time in different episodes where Jessa said something to the effect of, "We're GETTING married, no matter what." I believe Jessa, Ben and Ben's father were the most eager. I agree, their marriage is based mostly on looks, which isn't the sturdiest foundation.

You're right. Boob was the one hedging on a wedding. It was Mike Seewald writing blog posts about why couples needed to marry young and not drag things out. I give Bin and Jessa five years before they're divorced.

• Love 7

There is a lot more than looks to their marriage.  Look at their philosophical and religious outlook.  They are better than the rest of us and Jesus loves them more.

The trouble will come when Ben fails at his goals.

The trouble with all these folks is that they are on a downward spiral socioeconomically.  The more they cling to the cult, the poorer they will get, the more ignorant their children will be.  They will be left on the bottom, full of hate towards those (including minorities) doing better than them.

• Love 12

When Bin figures out Jessa didn't invent sex, and she figures it out, too, and realizes Bin knows what she knows, uh oh.

Also, in 5 years, she could be worn out and even more hateful after she's popped out two or three more kids and her body hasn't snapped back, and most of the money is gone. Bin, being what, 25, is still at the age where he'll want to run out and play football or whatever, while she is stuck home with the kids worrying about.....oh wait. J'slaves. What a blessing. Jordan will have moved in by then and taken over as sister mom. No worries.

• Love 7

Well, Michelle has a crush on Ben, so why wouldn't Jinger? There must be something about him that we can't see but that makes him catnip to the Duggar women.

Eh, look around Duggarworld and ATI Fundiedom. Bin's pretty much the hottest guy (and he works out) around. (And no, that's not saying much.)

• Love 6

I believe Jinger is about a year older than Bin, whereas Jessa is almost 3.

Jessa is 2 and 1/2 years older than Ben. Jinger is 1 and 1/2. Jinger and Jessa are only 13 months are part. 

Hate the side hair look on Joy.  Horrible. What's with the ugly glasses all of a sudden?  Maybe they were told not to defraud Ben because Jessa won't be able to righteously fulfill his uncontrollable desires for awhile. 

I like the ugly glasses. I know a lot of people (guys and girls) with glasses like that (including myself). The glasses are a trend. 

Edited by Temperance

. YES! Everytime I see them together on TV or pictures I see this too. How sad. Maybe it was Jinger all along but mean girl Jessa came along (thinking jewelry box) and Jinger had to give up Bin to Jessa. (And that's the real reason why Jinger was crying so much at the rehersal dinner). With how wacked out this family is it would not surprise me.
  • Love 9