Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

That is too funny.  JB's #6 had to match him I suppose.  Poor Jessa doesn't get to have herself in any of the first pictures - she did all of the work,  but JB get's his smug in of course.

Pretty funny (I admit I'm going to hell) that the queen of selfies isn't in her baby's first pictures. 

• Love 11

If that's the baby's name I'm shocked. It's a beautiful name, but I thought Jessa would go with something non-traditional. You know how she's an ice cream instead of cake at a wedding kind of gal.

• Love 2

I prefer boys' names that are stronger and more masculine. IMO "Gabriel" is kind of girly, even though it's a perfectly fine name. Just not my cup of tea. I wish they'd gone with Benjamin Jr.

Newborns all look alike to me, so I'm not really gushing over Baby Seewald. I'm sure he'll be adorable once he loses that fresh-out-of-the-vagina mushiness. Both Jessa and Bin were really cute as babies.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 5

Not even remotely true. Ugly/attractive can really vary between generations. Genetics are a bitch. So's epigentics.

Olivia Newton John's daughter notwithstanding, and considering Jill, Derick, Ben and Jessa have similar phenotypes, on average, the prettier couple will likely have the prettier child. If both couples have 20 kids each then there will be interesting variations.
  • Love 2

It bothers me Jessa is acting in true goldDuggar style and selling her baby's name. I do hope Jessica was right and Gabriel is his name and it's spread all over before the big announcement.

I agree and am also shocked Jessa has enough class to name her child a beautiful name. Gabriel has always been one of my favorite names and I believe it was popular long ago.

I prefer boys' names that are stronger and more masculine. IMO "Gabriel" is kind of girly, even though it's a perfectly fine name. Just not my cup of tea. I wish they'd gone with Benjamin Jr.

I wonder if they named him after Ben also...Benjamin Gabriel or Gabriel Benjamin?

• Love 2

The first question anyone asked Jessica after she announced she was "a freaking aunt"  and that "it was a boy" was what his name. She immediately said Gabrielle (Gabriel)..then it was gone. That's why I believe it is true.

• Love 6

He looks like a c-section to me. I'm not saying I know anything, but he's in awfully good shape for a baby that big that just came through the birth canal. Although my nephew kind of looked like that -- he pretty much just slipped right out in a 15-minute labor. Oh! And Gabriel is my nephew's name.

• Love 1

It appears Jessica delivered the news followed by Michelle (on the Duggar Family Official Facebook page), but I'm wondering if either of them had Jessa's permission to do so. I can understand Jessica's excitement at being a new aunt, but Michelle should know that this info wasn't hers to announce. Looks like this family needs to have a sit down and discuss privacy and who has the rights to announce personal info. 

I would think this if they weren't the most disgusting of 1000-percent famewhores, who need and deserve to get slapped in the face with all possible downsides of fame, information leaking and media exposure as often and as hard as possible. The idea of running your life as a series of calibrated pr events for public consumption, for money, is disgusting, especially when you bring children into it, to whom it has to be incredibly damaging. I want them to have as many media disappointments and disgruntlements as possible until something finally shocks them into stopping the madness for the next generation.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 15

https://m.facebook.com/duggarfamilyofficial/#!/duggarfamilyofficial/photos/pcb.731340843666234/731339770333008/?type=3&source=48&refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.731340843666234%3Atl_objid.731340843666234

From the Duggar's Facebook. Sheets on the bed!!! Hospital corners!!! Coordinated bedding!!! Cluttered room with who knows how many girls shoved in one bedroom!!!

That picture is from a furniture store where the family went with the decorator to pick out stuff when they moved into the big house.  That is NOT the girls' bedroom.

It's damn weird that Jessa was rushed to hospital, but her family stayed behind and are all smiles for photos.

Well, it would be weird if they weren't world's most nutso, desperate famewhores. For the Duggars, it kinda seems like par for the course. ... Like using your phone to video your kid who just fell into an orchestra pit.

• Love 8

If that's the baby's name I'm shocked. It's a beautiful name, but I thought Jessa would go with something non-traditional. You know how she's an ice cream instead of cake at a wedding kind of gal.

Hey, maybe she could just go with that. This could be little Rocky Road Seewald. And later there could be Neapolitan and Butter Brickle.

Olivia Newton John's daughter notwithstanding, and considering Jill, Derick, Ben and Jessa have similar phenotypes, on average, the prettier couple will likely have the prettier child.

Witness Anna's parents. Plus this is boy Duggar DNA. He'll be lucky to not be a balding, acne covered wreck at 20.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 7

Jessa was taken to a hospital in Fayetteville, Arkansas, but the exact complications have not been shared. Seewald tried for a home birth, but things just didn’t work out. The baby ended up weighing nine pounds, 11 ounces and measured more than 21 inches. A larger baby like this is harder to have naturally, but it is unknown if this was the complication that had Jessa heading to the hospital. There are so many things that could go wrong being at home and cause her to need a medical team to assist. There is a bit of confusion by fans because there are pictures of Jessa’s new baby at home, but there are no pictures yet of Jessa showing that she is at home with the baby.

Snipped from inquisitr

I checked a couple of fan sites. Nothing but gushing over the baby.

Greetings, inquisitr!

• Love 6

He looks like a c-section to me. I'm not saying I know anything, but he's in awfully good shape for a baby that big that just came through the birth canal. Although my nephew kind of looked like that -- he pretty much just slipped right out in a 15-minute labor. Oh! And Gabriel is my nephew's name.

He looks no different to my daughter who was born vaginally and outweighed him by several ounces. Just depends on how much pushing was involved. 

• Love 2

If the name is Gabriel, I see it as a bit of a one-up on Jill. You named your kid after God's blessed land?  We named ours after an archangel! Can't get much more Godly than an angel! 

Also, if it is true, they will be Izzy and Gabby.  For people with such rigidly defined gender roles, it makes me chuckle.  

• Love 7

I've always like the name Gabriel. They'll probably call him Gabe.  It's baffling they hype they're trying to create around this kid and his name just to be spoiled by the less media say family members.

• Love 1

BREAKING NEWS BREAKING NEWS

Just saw this on my FB feed. Baby Bam Bam was born in a hospital!!

http://www.tmz.com/2015/11/06/jessa-duggar-birth-baby-emergency-hospital/

Hospitals don't wrap newborns in worn out brown towels. Hospitals don't even have brown towels. If she went after the birth I hope she is okay and is released soon to be with her newborn.

He looks no different to my daughter who was born vaginally and outweighed him by several ounces. Just depends on how much pushing was involved. 

I agree that not only C-section newborns have round heads. A lot depends on the babies position in the days prior to birth and the size of the moms hips/pelvis.

• Love 1

If the name is Gabriel, I see it as a bit of a one-up on Jill. You named your kid after God's blessed land?  We named ours after an archangel! Can't get much more Godly than an angel! 

Also, if it is true, they will be Izzy and Gabby.  For people with such rigidly defined gender roles, it makes me chuckle.  

Do they even believe in angels? I thought they were all about HIM you know Jesus!!

• Love 1

A small part of me thinks all this crazy is just to hype Counting On, and was planned from the start. Why have a nice, normal boring homebirth when you can ramp up the drama? I hope Jessa BM'd through all the birth prayers.

• Love 4

So Israel and Gabriel will be hanging out together like it's the year 340BC.  "Israel please stop teasing Gabriel"!   "No hitting Gabriel, Israel".  "No, Gabriel people can't actually fly". "Please study your Gothard Wisdom Booklets boys". 

• Love 6

I assume the picture is Ben's mom holding the baby.   He is obviously a newborn.  But WHERE was the pix taken?  A hospital?  No hospital I know of has cobblestone floors.  Odd!

The baby, like most newborns, is adorable.

You are so kind.

That doesn't look like a happy baby to me.

Wait...wait.  I found other pictures, and yes, that is an adorable baby!  (But, ouch!!) 

The picture I was referring to, of him not looking like a happy baby was the one here:

2E2E645100000578-3306390-image-a-9_14468

Edited by OhioMom
  • Love 1

So Israel and Gabriel will be hanging out together like it's the year 340BC. "Israel please stop teasing Gabriel"! "No hitting Gabriel, Israel". "No, Gabriel people can't actually fly". ***

Sounds like the grandpas' table at my local synagogue, circa 1974. Edited by JenCarroll
  • Love 6

Hospitals don't wrap newborns in worn out brown towels. Hospitals don't even have brown towels. If she went after the birth I hope she is okay and is released soon to be with her newborn.

I'm not 100% convinced that the pics of baby Bin in the brown bath towel were taken immediately after birth. Maybe he was born in the hospital and came home already, where he had a bath and the semi-staged shots with family at home to make it seem like he was just born, all the while Jessa is still at the hospital recovering.

I wouldn't put it past them, at least.

• Love 13

I'm not 100% convinced that the pics of baby Bin in the brown bath towel were taken immediately after birth. Maybe he was born in the hospital and came home already, where he had a bath and the semi-staged shots with family at home to make it seem like he was just born, all the while Jessa is still at the hospital recovering.

I wouldn't put it past them, at least.

My theory is that they used the brown towel as a Pinterest "we are county y'all moment."

Why are they waiting so long to announce his name? Excuse my ignorance but in the Jewish faith doesn't the baby get named at a ceremony by the Rabbi? They certainly aren't Jewish but the wait is really strange.

Edited by Fuzzysox

If you were having a home birth and knew pictures were going to be all over the Internet, wouldn't you have planned with nice baby blankets? Instead of at the last minute, "go grab me a towel!!" And some goof hands you your oldest, most worn dingy brown towel. AND, how did their towels get so worn looking in just a year of use?

• Love 8

Imagine having a baby and adding in timeline manipulation and optimising financial return on the birth. Imagine those same people expecting privacy and feeling victimized, at any time, by the media.

Glad #6 arrived safely.

• Love 9

If jessa was "rushed" to the hospital, why didn't they take the baby with them? I am a nurse (not an OB nurse), but if a mom is having issues immediately post partum, I would think the newborn should go with mom to hospital to get checked out as well. We have moms that get re-admitted after being discharged. We always allow baby to stay in the room with mom. Even if baby is perfectly fine. The baby has to have a caregiver in the room too, so mom is admitted and baby and dad stay in room with mom. Unless mom is critically ill. But if that's the case, shouldn't dad be at mom's side? Just weird all the way around.

• Love 13

You are so kind.

Wait...wait.  I found other pictures, and yes, that is an adorable baby!  (But, ouch!!) 

The picture I was referring to, of him not looking like a happy baby was the one here:

haha.. that's the photo the Dullards chose. Even the one with JobBlow is cuter.

Edited by sometimesy
  • Love 2

You are so kind.

He definitely looks like Jessa in that shot.

• Love 3