Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

But Ben is a pastor! Doesn't all that time he devotes to pastor-izing count as work?

I read that as pasteurizing LOL. As in making things more sterile. I think that still works actually.

• LOL 19
5 hours ago, SMama said:

With the show $$ gone Jessa is constantly in need of clicks. Must keep the Gram going since doing a day’s honest work is beneath Jessa and Ben. 

And this is why I’ll never give them clicks. Stop exploiting your very very young kids and get jobs.

• Love 14

I don't think you can make money on Instagram just from how many people click on your account or watch your vides. You can get paid by companies for promting their producs, and maybe more if that content gets a lot of likes, but not just views. Maybe I'm wrong on that?

Youtube of course is monetized but how many views you get for sure. 

• Useful 3
2 hours ago, christine falls said:

I don't think you can make money on Instagram just from how many people click on your account or watch your vides. You can get paid by companies for promting their producs, and maybe more if that content gets a lot of likes, but not just views. Maybe I'm wrong on that?

Youtube of course is monetized but how many views you get for sure. 

You are correct, viewing Instagram posts is not “giving them clicks”, there is no money in that.

A paid sponsorship has nothing to do with Instagram paying, the company promoting the product pays.

They can also be paid because people used their code and actually bought something, that payment is not based on how many viewed or liked the post.

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4

I really do think Bin has some smarts and could have been an interesting person.  In the film of their honeymoon in Europe (France??) he was shown to be very interested in the architecture  and the history.  Jessa just sat there looking bored.  I believe if he had been given a chance in life, and not sold off at such a young age, he could have grown into an interesting and possibly well-educated person.  I'm afraid his goose is cooked, however, and he will never reach his hidden potential.  He had no idea what he was getting himself into, and his future looks very bleak.  I'm disappointed that he is not insisting on a good education for his children, but I guess you don't "insist" with Jessa.  I actually do feel bad for him.  He is in a no-win situation.  I think that is part of the reason he comes across as irritating.  He may not even realize why he feels so stifled.

• Love 22

Random thoughts on the video.  Henry is very cute and I think will be very handsome as he grows up. Spurge seems to try to be helpful to his sibling even though he did appoint himself the boss/supervisor. He would so benefit from going to public school. Ivy is going to be a handful, she is smart and spirited and I hope she stays that way. Fern like all the kids is very cute.  I feel bad for Ben except for the fact he is a grown man who has chosen to have more kids than they really want. Ben use to have a little spark and could be a little humorous but not any more. What happened to rapping Ben and football Ben? Now he doesn't seem to give a damn. Jessa, I have no words, she is pretending to be deep in her upbringing but I can't figure out is it is an act or real.  The show is over so maybe she buys into it all. Well except the headship, she is the headship. Bottomline those kids deserve so much more. 

• Love 12
56 minutes ago, smallfry said:

I get that it is fun to open a box and see what is in it. I like opening my Amazon boxes even when I know what it is going to be. I can't believe they can't be troubled to wrap the Amazon boxes for the poor kid's birthdays! Lazy parenting at it's best!

And Ben.....shut up about the great gift and great responsibility!! You sound like an ass!

So much this! She didn't even bother to shove the gifts in random pillowcases this time (not that that was any better)!

And Ben's warning (about the responsibility of cleaning up) was so bizarre for a piggy bank. Like, I get that there's an initial novelty of emptying out the coins and putting them in again, but I kind of doubt that it's going to become a frequent, messy activity. 

Fern is an absolute doll. The gifts were actually decent/ appropriate... the digger was pretty cool, and I like that Jessa has shown several times now that she gives her kids non-religious, age-appropriate books. So that's something, I guess. And I did like that Henry was having none of preforming for the camera while he was enjoying his ice cream.

• Love 10

I kind of think Ben was fully Ben when he met Jessa. He was and is an arrogant religious zealot just like his dad. For sure the Seewalds are a little more well rounded and educated than the Duggars, but that doesn't make Ben stunted by Jessa, IMO. Ben's sisters have made independent choices at a young age, which leads me to believe Ben chose the path he's on. I really think even if Ben married a less bossy woman he'd be much the same - a cocky pastor.

• Useful 6
  • Love 9

Poor Henry.  Can't even open up his birthday presents the way he wants too.  Ivy pretty much opened up everything for him (even as so much as removing the books and taking one for herself) and Jessa didn't say a thing to her about it except when she sat on the digger once Henry opened it.   

Also, did y'all see Jessa practically threw Spurge's and Ivy's boots at them?  I thought she gave the boots to Spurge extremely hard.  

I like the idea of little gifts all week long, but the no wrapping is really sad.  But I guess it goes along with that household ... drab and boring.  

The ice cream and Henry's dinner out were very nice.  Did he not get cake at the big house?  Is that no longer something that is done?  

Spurge seems out of it, as if he has already given up.  

Edited by ranchgirl
  • Love 7
14 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I don't find Ben cocky at all. Quite the contrary, I consider him completely whipped. 

I see him whipped in the same fashion JB is, but I don't see Ben doing anything he really doesn't want to be doing. His SM posts in the past were all very arrogant and even his most recent post, which he deleted was cocky AF.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
28 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

What platform? Does anyone even read his Twitter? 

It was either Twitter or IG. It was a long diatribe, maybe defending Jessa in some way? Or possibly in response to something Derick posted? Maybe in December around the trial? It was discussed here a bit. My tired old brain just can't recall it right now.

What up with the Spurge? In Henry's bday video Spurgie looked like an outsider. Does he struggle when he's not the top banana? Or is he no longer the top banana? Everyday in the video seemed like a shitty day for Spurge.

Henry and Ivy seem to have an easy relationship. I wonder of that's because they're tight, or because Henry has always been told to let Princess Ivy get her own way?

I think Ivy and Fern are going to rule the roost in a couple of years.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, ranchgirl said:

The ice cream and Henry's dinner out were very nice.  Did he not get cake at the big house?  Is that no longer something that is done?  

Spurge seems out of it, as if he has already given up.  

Jessa does not like cake… so nobody gets cake.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

If I'm remembering correctly, last year's Duggar party for Henry was only attended by the Lost Girls and Anna's kids, so maybe Jessa didn't post pics this year, or maybe they've given up the tradition.

The family seems to be splintering, not necessarily due to Josh, but likely a combo of him and too many families now. Funny thing is, if Jill was still enveloped in the fold, IMO she'd be the one, along with Anna that could keep these gatherings going.

If Anna didn't live at the warehouse, it would really only be the Lost Girls who are home all day, everyday. Or maybe Anna, Jana and Laura share the laundry suite and Anna's kids are filling up the empty dorms.

Edited by GeeGolly
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

What up with the Spurge? In Henry's bday video Spurgie looked like an outsider. Everyday in the video seemed like a shitty day for Spurge.

I noticed that too. Spurge seems to alternate between surliness and detachment. I can't remember which gift it was, but when Henry opened the package, Surgeon complained that he didn't have one. He was also really checked out at the restaurant, whereas most kids would've gotten a kick out of the chef's performance. I think Henry, Ivy and Fern are too young to know how badly their lives suck, while Surgeon is a bright kid and fully aware. 

12 hours ago, ranchgirl said:

Also, did y'all see Jessa practically threw Spurge's and Ivy's boots at them?  I thought she gave the boots to Spurge extremely hard.  

Omg yes! Jessa practically chucked the bag in his face! It was so weirdly aggressive.

And what was up with Ben's great responsibility lecture? It was a freaking plastic piggy bank, how much of a mess could Henry possibly make? 

They live such a miserable, joyless existence. Those poor kids. 

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

He was also really checked out at the restaurant, whereas most kids would've gotten a kick out of the chef's performance. 

I think Spurge lost the Rock, Paper, Scissors game to sit in the front with Ben. But Jessa could have let him sit next to Ivy and she and Fern could have sat on the side.

• Useful 4
21 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I noticed that too. Spurge seems to alternate between surliness and detachment. I can't remember which gift it was, but when Henry opened the package, Surgeon complained that he didn't have one. He was also really checked out at the restaurant, whereas most kids would've gotten a kick out of the chef's performance. I think Henry, Ivy and Fern are too young to know how badly their lives suck, while Surgeon is a bright kid and fully aware. 

He's morphing into Ben, which is so sad. I agree that Ben was always a pompous ass, but he used to at least be actively present. I wonder if part of the reason Spurgeon was so interested in eating instead of watching the chef is because the food was so much better than what he gets at home. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

I watched the whole thing, several observations:

-Henry's speech is clearer than it used to be but still far behind the average 5 year old.  He seems to rarely use complete sentences and almost never strings 2 sentences together.   Most 5 year olds are storytellers and can talk all day.  I'd like to think Jessa and Ben are getting help for him, but I suspect not.  He does seem to be learning to read.

-Spurgeon is detached and bored much of the time from what I can see.  He also desperately needs pants that fit him properly.  I haven't seen the kid in a pair of pants that weren't at least a size too small in years.  When he was sitting on the sofa for the gift-giving, it looked downright painful when he pulled his legs up,he can barely bend them in those tight pants.

-Ivy is cute and her speech seems to be better than Henry's and appropriate for her age.  She is also a wild woman and would benefit from some boundaries.  She should've been told not to touch Henry's gifts until after he had a chance and should've been removed from the scene if she didn't listen.  In a big family, it is easy for kids to get lost in the shuffle and Jessa and Ben need to enforce the 'birthday rules' and not let Ivy step all over Henry's special moments.

-Jessa just gets lazier and lazier.  It looks like she used the same Amazon box all week long.  It is not that hard to get some gift bags at the Dollar Store.  She can put them away and reuse them at the next birthday.  Even if she doesn't like cake, it is kind of awful that her kids don't get birthday cakes.  Buy some cupcakes and stick a candle in them, it's not about you, Jessa!  The Benihana style restaurant was a fun choice for the kids; I remember being fascinated watching them cook at one of those places when I was a kid.  However, Spurgeon should've been sitting up close to the chef, too and not off to the side, IMO.  Jessa and Fern could've been sitting where Spurge was; it's not surprising he seemed bored.  He was doing pretty well with chopsticks though, glad to see that.

Also, while I think its great that all the kids got rainboots since it seems they needed them, either don't include Henry's as part of his gifts or don't give the other kids theirs until after the present-opening ritual is done.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Love 22
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I didn't see Spurge as detached, but more pissed or jealous. And there seemed to be an undercurrent of conflict going on between him and Jessa.

I think Spurge and Jessa are very much alike personality-wise and it causes a lot of friction.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, Rootbeer said:

I think Spurge and Jessa are very much alike personality-wise and it causes a lot of friction.

Added to which, they are together 24 hours a day, 7 seven days a week. It's inevitable that they would get on each other's nerves (and when that happens, I'm sure that Jessa is allowed to fully vent her annoyance with him, while Spurge has to stifle his). The poor kid needs to be in school, if only to give him and Jessa a break from each other. It would also help if Ben got him out of the house regularly for some father-son time, but I'm not sure if that ever happens.

• Love 6

As a rule, I never click on any of their direct links, to avoid the clicks, but I saw the bit on Reddit where she threw those plastic bags at the poor children. Good grief! Have a fucking care Jessa, you could have made a tiny bit of an effort to show some actual love.

She is truly an ice-cold heartless bitch who should never have had any children.

• Love 21

I'm pretty sure that thing Ben deleted was actually directed at Derick. It was in the immediate wake of Derick and some others dog-piling on Jim Bob and his lack of honesty right after Josh was convicted. LOLOL 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Zella said:

I'm pretty sure that thing Ben deleted was actually directed at Derick. It was in the immediate wake of Derick and some others dog-piling on Jim Bob and his lack of honesty right after Josh was convicted. LOLOL 

Well who is Ben to know whether Derelict's posts were meant as "sharp rebukes" or "rudeness?" Ben's interpretation could be flat out wrong. 😂

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Well who is Ben to know whether Derelict's posts were meant as "sharp rebukes" or "rudeness?" Ben's interpretation could be flat out wrong. 😂

I am far from a Derick fan, but I felt like Ben brown-nosing Jim Bob in that moment with that stupid hissy fit tells us all we need to know about Ben. LOL

• Love 21
On 3/18/2022 at 8:42 PM, smallfry said:

Hi everyone! Long, long time lurker but  I can't stand not having my say anymore.

I get that it is fun to open a box and see what is in it. I like opening my Amazon boxes even when I know what it is going to be. I can't believe they can't be troubled to wrap the Amazon boxes for the poor kid's birthdays! Lazy parenting at it's best!

And Ben.....shut up about the great gift and great responsibility!! You sound like an ass!

Welcome, SMALLFRY, we’re glad to have you!  You’re going to fit right in! 😃

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, awaken said:

The many likenesses are creepy!  We’ll see how long the similarities last. 

And Jessa's rebuild is almost a mini version of the TTH. Lets hope they're are only a 1.5 version of JB & M and stop at 8 kids. Gotta build that army though.

• Love 2
On 3/18/2022 at 11:39 PM, emmawoodhouse said:

I don't find Ben cocky at all. Quite the contrary, I consider him completely whipped. 

Even his YouTube videos are passive interviews. He's dull and unassertive.

Which was why Jessa married him; 3-year difference notwithstanding.  She has to be the boss.  I cannot see her with any of her sisters' husbands. 

• Love 8
On 3/18/2022 at 9:42 PM, smallfry said:

Hi everyone! Long, long time lurker but  I can't stand not having my say anymore.

If I remember correctly, the best thing about opening PRESENTS was the presentation, i.e. wrapping paper, cake - altogether.  I also get excited opening my own Amazon packages - I would be MORE excited if Amazon wrapped them!!  Those poor kids - imagine seeing these videos when they are grown.  No fun.

• Love 8