Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

I bet Jessa will be so relieved for the start of the new season, and for Joy to give birth, so she can finally announce her own baby news and be the center of attention again!  (For a short while, at least, until the next round of babies arrives!) 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, JoanArc said:

This article is really reaching

But I'm shocked their house is worth 200K! The article neglects to pint out Jim bob owns it, and the couple has never owned a home of their own.

It's less surprising when you consider Austin bought his current home for over $90,000 dollars. It was almost 100K. The Forsyth house is tiny and needed an enormous amount of work. Ben and Jessa's house is bigger and recently renovated (from when Josh and Anna had it.)  It still seems a little high, but probably pretty close.

• Love 2

Where did they get the money to buy the house? I thought they were struggling with money after the original show was canceled which lead to the lawsuit. They better hope Counting On does not get canceled in the next few years because one or both of them would have to get an actual job. The horror!

54 minutes ago, Temperance said:

It's less surprising when you consider Austin bought his current home for over $90,000 dollars. It was almost 100K. The Forsyth house is tiny and needed an enormous amount of work. Ben and Jessa's house is bigger and recently renovated (from when Josh and Anna had it.)  It still seems a little high, but probably pretty close.

Austin bought the house on May 12, 2017, for $69,250.  The condition of the house was so bad that it could not qualify for a normal mortgage.  Since then, he has remodeled the house and it could be worth more.  Since Austin is not a licensed contractor, the quality of the work he has done on the house may not be up to standards.

As well as cosmetic changes, Austin made structural changes to the house which should have been supervised by a structural engineer.  I doubt that Austin consulted one.  If he ever sells that house, I hope the buyer has a full inspection.

• Love 14
36 minutes ago, Mollie said:

Austin bought the house on May 12, 2017, for $69,250.  The condition of the house was so bad that it could not qualify for a normal mortgage.  Since then, he has remodeled the house and it could be worth more.  Since Austin is not a licensed contractor, the quality of the work he has done on the house may not be up to standards.

As well as cosmetic changes, Austin made structural changes to the house which should have been supervised by a structural engineer.  I doubt that Austin consulted one.  If he ever sells that house, I hope the buyer has a full inspection.

Can link a source for the house price? I remember it much higher. 

• Love 1

Wow, when people were going on about Henry playing in the fireplace, I had visions of his hair on fire or something.  Also, they kept saying he was playing WITH the fireplace.  That alone tells me the intelligence level of the complainants.  I don't see what the problem is.  Had there been a burning log in there, I might have shared their concern.  Finally, plenty of people live much closer to busy streets than the Seewalds do.  If they're supervising the kids, what's the problem?

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Mollie said:

How bad was the house before remodeling? 

Never mind. Good grief. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Heathen said:

How bad was the house before remodeling? 

Never mind. Good grief. 

Whoever owned it before sure loved bright colors. Wow. 

But besides the horrible colors, the house looked pretty trashed inside and out too. That's a lot of work.

Screenshot_20180220-220639.jpg

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

I checked maybe a week ago, and Joy's name still is not on the tax rolls. At least Jessa added Ben when she bought Grandma's place (price unknown).

I would think as a married couple Ben and Jessa would both be considered the owners since I doubt they have separate finances.  One of my friends' fiancees bought a house before they wed. They're a little Duggarish so the family quickly outgrew it and bought another one. My friend wasn't on the deed for the first one, but she is for the second. That's what I think will happen with Joy and Austin. 

In terms of square footage which do we think is bigger Jessa's or Austin's?  I think Jessa's house look bigger to me, because Austin's house is all bathrooms/berooms and the mold house has a bigger living room etc. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Where did they get the money to buy the house? I thought they were struggling with money after the original show was canceled which lead to the lawsuit. They better hope Counting On does not get canceled in the next few years because one or both of them would have to get an actual job. The horror!

I had a friend of mine buy a car for their granddaughter and her husband with the understanding that they would pay them the set amount per month until the car was paid off.  It worked for the first 6 months and then they started skipping months.  When the kids decided to sell the car, there was no "official" lein on the car and they got something much more expensive and newer.  The grandparents weren't even paid back 1/2 of the car.   The kid's parents were horrified when they learned that a couple of years later.  Yea - no selling to relatives unless you go through "official" means.  I'm guessing Grandma won't see much money at all.

• Love 12

A reminder from the Mod Announcements: 

Don’t post pictures or addresses of the various Duggar homes. Don’t post their plane’s itinerary.

This is a sitewide policy. Posts will and have been removed.

Edited to add: And to clarify, we mean any homes not just Duggar. While it may be publicly available, this is not a site for realtors etc. Folks are free to visit those types of sites as they wish, but it's outside the purview of this forum. As the site owner/admin/founder has said years ago: 

This isn't really a big trend here BUT since it has come up recently in one thread, I would like to be clear that we don't want posts spilling home addresses, maps and truly personal details on that level of anyone (either on TV or not).

It's kinda creepy.

We think people on TV are "fair game" for comments but let's respect everyone's personal privacy. Please and thank you.

It is indeed creepy.

In addition, arguing mod notes in topic will also get the post removed. 

• Love 7

The value on the home was $100,000 and they bought it from Grandma Duggar. Don't know for sure what exactly THEY paid her for it.

I forgot they bought it. Probably for a $1. Then again Jana of all people magically came up with six figures for a strip mall. 

• Love 2

Jinger and Jeremy had a down payment close to $100,000 (I would guess $50k-$75k based on the neighborhood).  They only mortgaged about $80,000 of their house.

Knowing that Jinger, Jana, and Jessa have all “purchased” property around that figure, it stands to reason that was some kind of lump sum dowry at least for the older girls. Book money/exclusive wedding picture money/show money growing up?  I’m not sure that kind of cash will be there for the younger kids or if they have immediate access to it.

We also haven’t seen if the boys get any money.

Edited by saylubee
  • Love 3

Interesting how they can say they are struggling via money in the lawsuit, but Jinger and Jeremy could put down a payment of close to $100,000 on a house. Really... I seriously doubt he had that much money. If they can put down that amount and afford a mortgage of $80,000, they are not struggling.

4 hours ago, JoanArc said:

I forgot they bought it. Probably for a $1. Then again Jana of all people magically came up with six figures for a strip mall. 

Jana bought a single store, not a whole strip mall.  The store she bought used to be a tattoo parlor.

• Love 5
On 2/14/2018 at 4:54 PM, ozziemom said:

Seems like a lot of Bin’s good qualities that Jessa is thankful for involve child care and housekeeping, not so romantic for Valentines Day.

A partner doing his fair share of child care and housekeeping is pretty romantic and sexy to me! :) 

On 2/14/2018 at 6:27 PM, DragonFaerie said:

So I'll give Jessa a pass with this one.  I am thrilled when my hubby of almost 25 years does stuff like chainsawing, tilling, mowing, etc - most of those go under my category - he handles the paperwork, mail and taxes, among other things, as well as sharing cooking duties.  Jessa may think she has hit the jackpot.  Ben has cooked eggs, we know, he's done grocery shopping and if he's helping with diapers and the kids - he's miles ahead of Jim Bob who probably has never done any of those things.

Right, @DragonFaerie?  Seeing my husband unload/load the dishwasher and fold clothes gets me all hot and bothered these days! Ha!

We share/split housekeeping duties. Dishes & laundry are two of my "jurisdictions." Often, my husband finishes what he has to do and starts to do my stuff, too, to help me out. We also have two kids under age 3 (no sister-moms) & both work full-time. We're tired.  Your partner helping out with the stuff you're normally responsible for without being asked to do so is one of the sexiest things ever, especially if you have small kids.  (We've been married ten years next month.)

My guess is JimBob NEVER stepped into help Michelle (or later Jana or any of the other girls) with the housework.  The man had Michelle cook him breakfast while she was in labor before she went to the hospital. I'm guessing he (and Michelle) also never made the male Duggarlings help Jana, Jill, Jessa, Jinger, etc with their housework jurisdictions, either. 

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 20
5 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Jinger is an exception - I'd imagine Jer was smart enough to save; it could all be his.

As far as I can tell, he's just barely been gainfully employed, however. 

Soccer was his first actual full-time job, it appears. But he only played one season with a major-league U.S. team and he came in after only one previous year as a pro, in Finland. According to what I've read, the median salary of a U.S. MLS player is somewhere under $100,000. And there's no way that a second-year pro, in his first year in the league, is going to make more than the median, unless there's ironclad proof that they're Pele or something. And that doesn't seem to have been the case. He'd shown talent, but unless the talent is truly extraordinary, I doubt it's going to get an above-median salary for somebody who's first year in the league. Plus, he was living in New York. So that wasn't cheap. And we know he likes nice clothes!

The Finnish team he played for previously has very little money, according to what i read about them. In Finland, apparently teams have to buy themselves into the top league, and I read that the team that Jeremy was on has been able to afford that in a few seasons, but also has frequently not been able to afford it. So it seems unlikely that they are able to pay first-year players a ton. And after he left New York, he rode the bench at a minor-league outfit in Texas, for just one season or less. Then he started pursuing a pastoral job, and after some months or maybe a year of kind of training and helping out for that at the big church in San Antonio, he got the tiny-church job. And he can't possibly be making much money there. Who'd be paying him? The congregation literally fits in a medium-sized living room. 

He may well have saved. But if he managed to save more than maybe $50,000 or so over the short course of his working life, I'd be shocked. It'd be surprising if he managed to save that much, really. They must have just put all their cash into the house, is all I can figure.

ETA: Sorry. Missed the fact that this was Bin and Jessa's area. ... I have no idea where they would get any money. Jer probably qualifies as a tycoon compared to Bin. I just think the girls are the ones with the cash. Except for the Joy and Austin pairing. And actually I don't think any of them has much cash, and whatever cash they have, I expect they're spending it like water. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7
17 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

Whoever owned it before sure loved bright colors. Wow. 

But besides the horrible colors, the house looked pretty trashed inside and out too. That's a lot of work.

Screenshot_20180220-220639.jpg

Is that the house with the electrical panel boldly displayed in the living room? Damn. That is a repair job for a group of professionals. Not a DIY enthusiast.

Probably would have been cheaper to buy a lot and build a house for the brood Joy and Austin are about to have. Austin will probably never make whatever money he pumped into that house back. Especially if the buyers insist on a house inspection.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Jana is no longer listed as a property owner on tax rolls. 

• Love 4

Oops, FloridaDAD told me it was on the internet....Jessa herself didn't announce. It was an associate of theirs who met her at a playdate and said she was obviously 3-4 months along judging by the size of her abdomen and tight shirt. She also said Jessa was aloof and didn't talk to her much at all because she was considered 'an outsider'. Sorry, my 'best hubby ehva' may have thought she announced herself... I bet it's true though.

• Love 9

I saw this posted on FJ from a reddit post also posted earlier today. Who knows who reliable it is?

I'm using a throwaway because I don't want to be identified, but I have some insider news... Jessa is preggers!

I have evangelical family members who live near Fayetteville and they run with the same crowd as the Duggars, who they mingle with sometimes. I visited them last week/weekend and my cousin took me and my 1-year-old with her and her kids to a group play date thing at someone's house, and Jessa was there with her boys.

Jessa didn't say much to me and she - and a few other moms - kind of had an air around them that exuded exclusivity if you know what I mean? I got the vibe that she disliked outsiders so I didn't try to talk to her. But she had a noticeable baby bump. Her shirt was somewhat tight so it was obvious that she was pregnant and definitely past the stage of eating too much for dinner the previous night. She appeared about 3-4 months pregnant.

I lurk on this sub sometimes and when I noticed that Jessa was pregnant I immediately came on here to see if it was common knowledge yet. Looks like it isn't, so I wanted to pass this insider info to you! It looks like she's trying to keep it on the down low until she makes an official announcement, but you heard it here first! 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I saw this posted on FJ from a reddit post also posted earlier today. Who knows who reliable it is?

I'm using a throwaway because I don't want to be identified, but I have some insider news... Jessa is preggers!

I have evangelical family members who live near Fayetteville and they run with the same crowd as the Duggars, who they mingle with sometimes. I visited them last week/weekend and my cousin took me and my 1-year-old with her and her kids to a group play date thing at someone's house, and Jessa was there with her boys.

Jessa didn't say much to me and she - and a few other moms - kind of had an air around them that exuded exclusivity if you know what I mean? I got the vibe that she disliked outsiders so I didn't try to talk to her. But she had a noticeable baby bump. Her shirt was somewhat tight so it was obvious that she was pregnant and definitely past the stage of eating too much for dinner the previous night. She appeared about 3-4 months pregnant.

I lurk on this sub sometimes and when I noticed that Jessa was pregnant I immediately came on here to see if it was common knowledge yet. Looks like it isn't, so I wanted to pass this insider info to you! It looks like she's trying to keep it on the down low until she makes an official announcement, but you heard it here first! 

Yep same thing I read earlier on another site.

So IF Jessa is pregnant they will be out of that house in no time. Josiah will be getting engaged soon so it's a no brainer as to where he would set up house. Just me thinking out loud. We'll see. lol

• Love 7
On 2/21/2018 at 10:33 AM, bigskygirl said:

Interesting how they can say they are struggling via money in the lawsuit, but Jinger and Jeremy could put down a payment of close to $100,000 on a house. Really... I seriously doubt he had that much money. If they can put down that amount and afford a mortgage of $80,000, they are not struggling.

I don't think they claimed they were struggling, exactly. They're saying that they're making less money now than they were before the police reports were released. Which, though I want them to lose the lawsuit, is likely true. I don't think the amount of money they have saved up is relevant, and I'm sure they have a lot saved up. They've all always lived relatively cheaply, with a lot of the luxuries we've seen coming free/reduced charge, or payed for by TLC (most of their travel).

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, lascuba said:

I don't think they claimed they were struggling, exactly. They're saying that they're making less money now than they were before the police reports were released. Which, though I want them to lose the lawsuit, is likely true. I don't think the amount of money they have saved up is relevant, and I'm sure they have a lot saved up. They've all always lived relatively cheaply, with a lot of the luxuries we've seen coming free/reduced charge, or payed for by TLC (most of their travel).

Thanks for clearing it up. I do know they were asking for a big amount. I feel bad for the girls who were molested, but I do not feel sorry for them because they are riding the fame train instead of getting an actual job while millions of people are struggling to keep a roof over their heads while working more than one job. In Duggar Land, work is a dirty four word to them.

Edited by bigskygirl

I was looking through Bin's twitter and came upon a series of twits from end of last year. For some reason he was babbling about how guns are not the problem but the evilness in peoples hearts. He then goes on to compare strict courtship rules to gun laws. Not a recent peep about the shootings in Florida.

Screenshot_20180222-110329-640x1035.thumb.jpg.949e7f7cd26ba91e717373c67f9fbb5f.jpgScreenshot_20180222-110211-676x668.thumb.jpg.bfd0bb20dae3b36e0e979768ef424def.jpg

Edited by Lunera
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, Lunera said:

I was looking through Bin's twitter and came upon a series of twits from end of last year. For some reason he was babbling about how guns are not the problem but the evilness in peoples hearts. He then goes on to compare strict courtship rules to gun laws. Not a recent peep about the shootings in Florida.

Screenshot_20180222-110329-640x1035.thumb.jpg.949e7f7cd26ba91e717373c67f9fbb5f.jpgScreenshot_20180222-110211-676x668.thumb.jpg.bfd0bb20dae3b36e0e979768ef424def.jpg

First of all there is nothing funny about what happened, but the bolded line with a series of twits crack me up especially when we are referring to the Duggars.

On 2/20/2018 at 3:47 PM, Mollie said:

Austin said on the show that the support beam stuff was beyond his skill level so he paid a pro to do that part. 

• Love 7
On 2/21/2018 at 7:01 PM, Sew Sumi said:

I hate these types of articles from "insiders" even if they turn out to be true.

They are all like I was wandering through an Arkansas Walmart last year when I collided my cart with Jessa Duggar.  She appeared to be eighteen months pregnant(you heard it here first) and rudely refused to apologized to me for being in my way.  Cold and unfeeling, that one was.  

I stood in the aisle blocking her way, questioning her about her kids, her family, her marriage and and her sex life.  The rude biyotch refused to answer me.  I don't know why anybody likes this family!  You know, come to think of it, it could of been just a long haired girl in a skirt?  No I'm sure it was a Duggar!

Seriously these articles, even if true, are one of the worst things about the internet age!

• Love 20
3 hours ago, flyingdi said:

Seriously these articles, even if true, are one of the worst things about the internet age!

Oh, there are so many worse things about the internet.

I don’t disagree with you, though, it’s lousy behavior. But I am quite amused by articles that appear to be sourced from us.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Genevrier said:

I don’t disagree with you, though, it’s lousy behavior. But I am quite amused by articles that appear to be sourced from us.

Grandma Dugger on FreeJinger said that Jana was courting Tim Tebow so it must be so!

• Love 4
On 2/22/2018 at 2:42 PM, bigskygirl said:

First of all there is nothing funny about what happened, but the bolded line with a series of twits crack me up especially when we are referring to the Duggars.

I must say that JB has done a truly remarkable job ensuring that, in all the really deep and essential ways, every damn marry-er-in in his clan is just exactly like the clan. No matter what the initial differences seem to be, when it comes to their deepest stupid beliefs, they all turn out to be identical.

Either that or JB's actually a dark-arts practitioner who quickly "converts" the in-marry-ers to Duggarites using some magic mesmerizing ingredient in tater tot casserole or something. 

Or Duggaritis really is a highly communicable virus....

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 15

I went back and read pages of comments.  People are discussing Jessa's mention of the term "training". Lots of talk of the Pearl's and training vs teaching.

Jessa actually responded twice stating that we are trained at work and it's a parent's job to train at home.

• Love 3
On 2/21/2018 at 4:01 PM, Sew Sumi said:

this must SO piss her off when she sneaks a peak here and reads that we already know...

• Love 5