Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

But their fame was orchestrated by Pimp Mama Kris - originating in the deal to release Kim's sex tape. 

Maybe the Duggar girls should contact Kris. It would be interesting to watch her try to pimp these young women out without nudity and scores of plastic surgery. 

Kim Kardashian was not a little girl when her reality TV show started; she was 27-years-old.  She began her 'career' as a personal assistant to BFF Paris Hilton, who rose to fame from the release of her own sex tape.

Kim began selling stories about Hilton to InTouch magazine, and then sent weekly pitches to the editors to try to get stories about herself published. 

When Kim's sex tape was released, she sold the rights to it and it got over 200 million views online. Then Kim got her own stories published by InTouch and gave them exclusive interviews.  All of that publicity got Kim and her sisters, mom and dad the reality TV show.  Kim was actually the one behind all of it.  Mom Chris just helped from there.

• Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, Marigold said:

Jessa has a Modesty Conference coming up this month.  She probably saw 500 to 1000 people at the wedding. There was  a ton of pictures.  Looking sharp would be a great advertisement for your "Modern Modest" concept. 

I'm being serious too.  Jessa is a "star" in certain circles.  She could get a blog going and have a side hustle of Modern Modest.  Instead, we have Duggar Sloppy  :(   WITH a fashion/modest speech coming up in a month. 

How stupid is that?  An opportunity just blown away just like all the other opportunities blown away for these Duggs. 

2 hours ago, Mollie said:

The older Duggar sisters could be filthy rich right now if they had the brains to market themselves or to connect with people who do.  Compare them to the Kardashians/Jenners, who started their reality TV show about the same time in 2007.  Those five sisters parlayed their fame into multi-million dollar fortunes by launching their own clothing lines (including lines for kids and babies), video games, mobile apps, tanning lotion, perfume, makeup, jewelry, hair extensions, nail polish and boutiques.  They even started a community church, of all things for them to do.

There are a thousand things the Duggar sisters could have done.  But didn't.  All they have ever done outside of the show is book a few, odd speaking engagements, re-launch their ghost-written book, and play a sorry violin.

I agree, if Jessa wanted to be a modest fashion icon she would have planned an after wedding outfit, but I think she is willing to settle for those modesty speeches and go barefoot and wear the top item from her parents hamper.  It's all about effort. Those Kardashians have to hustle their products and keep up an image. I think Jessa and company are not ambitious that way.

Edited by sometimesy
  • Love 5
(edited)
5 hours ago, Marigold said:

Jessa has a Modesty Conference coming up this month.  She probably saw 500 to 1000 people at the wedding. There was  a ton of pictures.  Looking sharp would be a great advertisement for your "Modern Modest" concept. 

I'm being serious too.  Jessa is a "star" in certain circles.  She could get a blog going and have a side hustle of Modern Modest.  Instead, we have Duggar Sloppy  :(   WITH a fashion/modest speech coming up in a month. 

How stupid is that?  An opportunity just blown away just like all the other opportunities blown away for these Duggs. 

I agree, she is really missing the boat with this. I read a blog written by a woman with 13 children. One of her daughters has a blog where she shows off the clothes she got at Goodwill and discount stores, plus she just started selling Lipsense. Jessa should be doing this: Let it shine

The thing is, it's work to put together an actual cohesive outfit and write an actual blog post. But she could still do the same thing with Instagram & if she started name dropping discount stores like TJ Maxx or Ross's, they'd probably pony up a discount or other stores would send her freebies in exchange for a review.

Edited by Nysha
  • Love 4
22 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

I guess Jess's doesn't see Spurge as a potential victimizer, unlike Jill with manipulative Izzy.

We'll see what happens when they both have sisters.

• Love 4
On 5/28/2017 at 8:19 AM, Lunera said:

I'm guessing this was after the wedding. They all look so grubby hunched back.

I don't like that thing on the other gals head.  It looks like she has a head wound.  Some people can rock that but she is not one of them.

On 5/28/2017 at 11:22 AM, GeeGolly said:

Look at the floor behind them.

That is really awful!  Not one of the people living in the house can run a swiffer over that floor at the very least?  What is the point of having a ton of people in the family?  I thought many hands make light work?  

• Love 6
On 5/28/2017 at 2:43 PM, Churchhoney said:

Wow. I don't understand how it even got that dirty. Did somebody run a bulldozer full of mud through the house or something?

I am guessing it has NEVER been cleaned.  That is some set in crap in the grout.

• Love 4

they were using a swiffer at one time.  Filthy pad. They need a steamer with a lot of pads to keep changing when they get dirty, otherwise they are pushing the same dirt around. That is a big floor.  I'm thinking 20 pads. 

• Love 3
On 5/30/2017 at 5:23 AM, Jellybeans said:

I don't wear shoes in my house either.  I like my toes to be free.  :-)

I don't wear shoes in my house but it isn't for sanitary reasons.  I like being in the most comfy clothes when home so its socks and slippers (when its warm just slippers).  Within 5 minutes of being home I am out of work clothes and in pajama type clothes.  I also will follow whatever rule is in place at the home I am visiting.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, SMama said:

Laziness? It would entail Jessa thinking ahead of time, and coordinating outfits. Why do that when you can look like a bag lady, snap a selfie, and thousands of leg humpers will still idolize you. The Duggar kids have not been raised to be think ahead folks. They stand around and still get (not earn) a paycheck. 

Tomorrow is my daughter's last day of fourth grade.  The honor roll ceremony is in a few hours. She has known about making honor roll for a week, yet she worked on another summary for her advanced language arts class. She will also turn one more in tomorrow, even though her teacher said it was not necessary. I love my child above everything, but she is not a genius. Her father and I have taught her that hard work will take her places. It's not easy, as she is a normal, at times lazy child. She does not watch TV, and no electronic devices Monday through Thursday. That means we adults are restricted from said things until she goes to bed (I cheat while she is at school). We are not wonderful parents, we just want to provide her with a solid foundation, then let her find her bliss. Sorry for the shameless gushing, but damn, kids need our time. We are not supposed to breed them, wean them, then release them at six months. 

Really sorry about that rant. 

No need to be sorry, you are an awesome parent!  Mr. Xword and I raised our daughter to think for herself, and although we did not restrict her TV and computer time, she still preferred reading to doing anything else.  She is a successful woman, and the time we spent rearing her was so worth it!  You are so right about kids needing our time!  Quality over quantity wins EVERY time.

Too bad Jessa didn't have parents who valued her, and it looks like her kids won't be valued either, other than to keep that gravy train a'rollin.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Mollie said:

Kim Kardashian was not a little girl when her reality TV show started; she was 27-years-old.  She began her 'career' as a personal assistant to BFF Paris Hilton, who rose to fame from the release of her own sex tape.

Kim began selling stories about Hilton to InTouch magazine, and then sent weekly pitches to the editors to try to get stories about herself published. 

When Kim's sex tape was released, she sold the rights to it and it got over 200 million views online. Then Kim got her own stories published by InTouch and gave them exclusive interviews.  All of that publicity got Kim and her sisters, mom and dad the reality TV show.  Kim was actually the one behind all of it.  Mom Chris just helped from there.

Either scenario is gross in my book.

• Love 8
(edited)

Thank you @xwordfanatik, I know that statistically at least two of the 19 are above average. Our baby at sixteen months could not a hold a rattle, had no idea what to do with a toy, and was severely malnourished. We went into tummy time, play time, bonding, and stuffing her face like we were eating her for Thanksgiving. Would I love to return to work? HELL YES! But due to those first sixteen months of neglect, we know she needs me at home a little longer. We restrict electronics because by the time homework, dinner and bath are done, there's very little family time left before bedtime.

Imagine with all their wealth if Boob and Michelle nurtured the 19. Instead the males are destined to own a business (bullshit, they work for Boob), and the females will marry and breed. I wonder what they would have done if raised in a nurturing environment.

Edited by SMama
  • Love 7

In order to be a fashion guru, or any guru, you need to be prepared to work hard, put a lot of time and effort into it and actually WORK. Jessa isn't prepared to do that, I'd say she thinks she is entitled to all and sundry just because.

No Duggar puts in effort into anything, they are all slapdash and lazy.

How do people think she has anything to say? Are they blind? Her clothes are pretty awful when she's pregnant. Ill-fitting, too tight, and not fashionable. Take a big big page out of Alyssa Bateses book, girl!

• Love 13
(edited)
On 5/31/2017 at 4:30 PM, JoanArc said:

I guess Jess's doesn't see Spurge as a potential victimizer, unlike Jill with manipulative Izzy.

This makes me want to vomit. Probably true, but still makes me want to vomit.

ETA: Jill thinking Izzy is manipulative is true, NOT that he's an actual potential victimizer. I do not think he is. He's a baby.

Edited by RazzleberryPie
Clarification
  • Love 5
(edited)

Well, we now know who made the trip to Laredo on the Mitsubishi plane this week. This was shot in Waco today (they were on the ground for approximately 3 hours; on Tuesday, they were only in Waco for an hour, very early am). I assume JD took the picture with this leghumper, Benessa, Jason, and Henry. It would have been nice to include Spurgey. 

IMG_1234.thumb.PNG.5211c97b67c51a7dcadaaf7fadfd3b38.PNG

eta: Upon inspection, it looks like JD is behind Ben's shoulder on the left with Spurgey. Maybe he was having a little tantrum?

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1

Yes, lately it seems like they are huge chip and Joanna fans!   Everything has been Waco and Magnolia. 

Those poor, poor duggars. Flying around all over the place in their own private plane. Doesn't it make you just want to *donate*?

• Love 12
22 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Well, we now know who made the trip to Laredo on the Mitsubishi plane this week. This was shot in Waco today (they were on the ground for approximately 3 hours; on Tuesday, they were only in Waco for an hour, very early am). I assume JD took the picture with this leghumper, Benessa, Jason, and Henry. It would have been nice to include Spurgey. 

IMG_1234.thumb.PNG.5211c97b67c51a7dcadaaf7fadfd3b38.PNG

eta: Upon inspection, it looks like JD is behind Ben's shoulder on the left with Spurgey. Maybe he was having a little tantrum?

Looks like Benessa has to bring along Duggar boys to take care of their kids since there are so few girls left.

• Love 4

Oh, JD and Spurge are over Jason's shoulder, not Ben's. My bad. How long to get from the airport to Magnolia, and back to the plane? They couldn't have spent more than an hour or so on the grounds. 

• Love 1
(edited)
28 minutes ago, ariel said:

Looks like Jess got a souvenir shirt in Waco.  She's quite the hipster. ;)

I'm sure she bought it at a thrift store in Arkansas for a dime,brought it to Waco, changed into it on the ground, then took that picture. I know she certainly didn't pay full price at a touristy store there. No ma'am!

Those poor, poor duggars. Flying around all over the place in their own private plane. Doesn't it make you just want to *donate*?

They're clearly so needy. I hope they win the lawsuit showing how much money they lost, and how it negatively effected their lifestyle.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 2

Well, someone's gotta pay for all that fuel for those pleasure trips to Waco and Laredo. Why not the taxpayers of Springdale, Washington County, and/or InTouch?

And Jessa? She's buying new. I can't find the pic now (think I found it on FJ), but on the "tribe" trip to Waco a few weeks back, they met Chip and Joanna. I'm sure it will be filmed. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I hope that outfit on Jessa is not an example of what she will be sporting on her "Modern Modest" tour. The skirt is ill-fitting and the T-shirt has a big eye-trap on the front.

Is that 20-something Jboy really wearing a shirt with happy and sad teeth on it?

Bin's doofiness comes through even in still photography.

This Lularoe stuff needs to stop. Is it a Fundy thing?

So now they're gunning for Jana to find her 'hands-on" guy and have her own fixer-upper show? Well, they'd have to find a guy at least 50 times goofier than Chip Gaines to balance out the flatline that is Jana.

Edited by drafan
  • Love 3
(edited)
38 minutes ago, drafan said:

Nope, just a 20-something multi-level marketing woman thing. No different than Lipsense, Scentsy, Mary Kay, whatever the essential oil version is. Same idea, different product.

Edited by McManda
  • Love 4
(edited)
49 minutes ago, drafan said:

Yeah, sort of.  It was founded by a woman who was single parent to 7 kids and later remarried.  While she doesn't specifically discuss her religion on the site, she is a Mormon and very much in favor of stay-at-home moms.  A lot of multi level marketing companies have been founded in Utah by Mormons who then sell the concept to women who are at home with kids and want to try to earn some extra cash.  This appeals to fundies like the Duggars since they disapprove of women working outside the home and also advocate self employment rather than working for a boss who might not be Christian enough.  Other companies that market to women using home sales are also pretty popular with the fundie crowd.  Jill Rodriguez is constantly plugging vitamins and supplements that she sells; others sell jewelry, makeup, cooking utensils, etc

Lularoe clothing is definitely modest and almost all dresses, skirts and tops with some leggings to wear under dresses or skirts or for working out so it has built in appeal for young women who are into the modest dressing thing.

As noted above, this stuff is generally popular with young women in their 20's and 30's who are raising kids and looking for a little income on the side, but it seems particularly popular with fundie women who generally don't have the education to pursue a career and aren't able to work outside the home.  It also appeals to the fundies who want to own their own business since the initial investment isn't as high as it would be for many businesses.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 7

It would make my year if Joanna Gaines sued Jessa for image appropriation.

Jessa, Joanna Gaines went to college and graduated. She interned in NYC. Putting a bunch of lame ass quote plaques around (ironically, the one thing I hate about JG's aesthetic) does not make you an interior designer. Simmer down.

Sadly, I googled the Gaines' views on LBGQT and despite a whole lot of word salad from Chip Gaines, the bigotry is pretty much the same as the Duggars, just disguised better.

• Love 8

So Jessa will "splurge" on a $26 tee but not on a pair of new sandals? The Jean skirt makes her look a bit more put together that her usual stretched out skirts.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Lunera said:

So Jessa will "splurge" on a $26 tee but not on a pair of new sandals? The Jean skirt makes her look a bit more put together that her usual stretched out skirts.

Do we know it was a 'splurge' and not a 'gift'.  Considering the photo is a barely disguised ad for Magnolia Market and its products, I am thinking she didn't pay for it with cash.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

Do we know it was a 'splurge' and not a 'gift'.  Considering the photo is a barely disguised ad for Magnolia Market and its products, I am thinking she didn't pay for it with cash.

I'm not sure who runs the page by it seems like a fan account. They post pictures of clothes the girls wear and where you can buy them.

9 minutes ago, Lunera said:

I'm not sure who runs the page by it seems like a fan account. They post pictures of clothes the girls wear and where you can buy them.

I don't think many people would be interested in where to buy clothes the Duggars would wear.  

• Love 9

That $26 boxy men's Hanes t-shirt with 5 letters on it is described as "adorable"? Really? Who writes this stuff?

Jessa's skirt is awful. Looks stiff and like it would twist around you as you walked.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, drafan said:

That $26 boxy men's Hanes t-shirt with 5 letters on it is described as "adorable"? Really? Who writes this stuff?

Jessa's skirt is awful. Looks stiff and like it would twist around you as you walked.

They need to spend a bit more money on the actual shirt and get both men's and women's cuts.  I LOATHE boxy shirts and my experience with logo shirts is women will wear the women's cut more often then they will the men's.  They make all women look thick.  I discovered this through years of buying swag for my venue.  $26 for THAT means they are getting quite the profit.  When I have purchased shirts (to give away) the men's cuts are usually only $3-$5/shirt (including the printing of 5 colors).  If you buy large amounts the price drops.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, McManda said:

Nope, just a 20-something multi-level marketing woman thing. No different than Lipsense, Scentsy, Mary Kay, whatever the essential oil version is. Same idea, different product.

If you want to know more about LLR, go to the sister wives forum.  Check out the meri Brown thread.  She's up to her eyeballs in it.

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

They need to spend a bit more money on the actual shirt and get both men's and women's cuts.  I LOATHE boxy shirts and my experience with logo shirts is women will wear the women's cut more often then they will the men's.  They make all women look thick.  I discovered this through years of buying swag for my venue.  $26 for THAT means they are getting quite the profit.  When I have purchased shirts (to give away) the men's cuts are usually only $3-$5/shirt (including the printing of 5 colors).  If you buy large amounts the price drops.

Guilty of wearing a logo shirt today (GO WARRIORS!) Women's cut. I forget what I paid for it, but I'm sure it was too much. 

• Love 3
48 minutes ago, toodles said:

If you want to know more about LLR, go to the sister wives forum.  Check out the meri Brown thread.  She's up to her eyeballs in it.

I was going to post something similar.  I wonder how many rooms in her McMansion are filled with that stuff?

• Love 1

I should have posted a warning:  once you see it, it can't be unseen.  That LLR stuff will give you nightmares.

54 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I was going to post something similar.  I wonder how many rooms in her McMansion are filled with that stuff?

I'm sure it's taken over the house.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, awaken said:

Big news, Jessa has a t shirt and wore it. More that the rest of us un-modest folk can learn from her godly example. 

Everything with Jessa is big news. She's so smug, she thinks we should all be in awe of everything she does, as if she split the atom or found the cure for cancer or landed on the moon.

• Love 13

Why is Jessa's arm so weird in that picture? It's not at her side or around Ben's waste, but held awkwardly away from her body. Such a strange way to pose for a picture.

• Love 1