Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E11: The Skinny, Pt. 2

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Yukon is an emotionless simpleton.  I guess Quitney has a type... she likes them half-witted and sluggish

You bet she does.  She's not looking for a man that is capable and forms his own opinions; she wants someone (like her minions) that she can boss around and who will cater to her every whim. 

Another thing that really pisses me off (keep in mind I haven't watched this episode and after reading comments here I've deleted it from the DVR), that it is acceptable for Todd to call Kerrynrr a "c*nt (I hate this word!), but if she would stoop to his childish world of name calling and called him a f@gg*t they would be all over her in a heartbeat. Like Twit, they can dish it out, but (in the words of Jack Nicholson) "they can't handle the truth".

Mamadrama I too support you and I'm sorry that you're having to endure from the Twit's deluded fan base

2 hours ago, TotoGirl said:

You have lots of support from all of us here. Please remember that. Hugs to you!!!

Sending virtual hugs your way, don't let those idiots get to you, they're not worth your time and or effort.  If it gets too bad, I believe Facebook has ways to stop harassment - if it continues please check it out.

• Love 14

Guess I'm in the minority here, but so be it.  I'm not particularly fond of Whitney, but I certainly do not agree with Kerryn's approach in making Whitney see the light, so to speak.  As someone who has struggled with weight issues my whole life, I cringe when I hear people saying things like, fat people "waddle," and that Whitney's exercising was the "running man."  Why is that ok???  Because Whitney is in denial about her health, it's ok for a third rate "comic" to air her opinions about it?  Did Whitney ask her for her thoughts about fat people?  I don't remember that part, if she did.  Why is it ok for Kerryn to tell Whitney to "go eat a donut" but it's not ok for Buddy to tell her to "go have a drink?"  I thought Shaun Robinson handled the situation very well, and I cheered when Kerryn left the stage.  I thought she made a fool of herself in her attempt to make jokes about being fat.  Sorry, but I've never seen the humor in that, just as I don't think that Kerryn's struggles with alcohol should be fodder for jokes.  If it's ok for Kerryn to question Whitney's health and happiness with who she is, can we question her sobriety?  Of course, my response to Kerryn comes from years of hearing fat jokes and unsolicited remarks from people who thought they were either helping or being extremely witty. 

• Love 10
45 minutes ago, 4leafclover said:

Why is it ok for Kerryn to tell Whitney to "go eat a donut" but it's not ok for Buddy to tell her to "go have a drink?"  I thought Shaun Robinson handled the situation very well, and I cheered when Kerryn left the stage.  I thought she made a fool of herself in her attempt to make jokes about being fat.  Sorry, but I've never seen the humor in that, just as I don't think that Kerryn's struggles with alcohol should be fodder for jokes.  If it's ok for Kerryn to question Whitney's health and happiness with who she is, can we question her sobriety?  Of course, my response to Kerryn comes from years of hearing fat jokes and unsolicited remarks from people who thought they were either helping or being extremely witty. 

exactly, people have this weird double standard, Whitney is an addict and Kerryn can attack her, but its not OK the other way around and attack Kerryns addiction? I mean, its terrible, low and not OK in both cases.

• Love 7

Todd calling Kerryn a c*nt is NOT acceptable in ANY circumstance. In this situation Kerryn could have responded (justifiably so) by calling Todd a 'fa**ot' but she maintained her dignity and didn't do that. I lost ALL respect for Twit's entire group, including Babs and Glenn, whom I have always liked up until tonight. Then again, this is a group of people that are OK with whoring themselves out for a TLC paycheck, so to me, that speaks volumes about them right there.

And I don't believe the host had ANY right to ask Kerryn to leave. Makes me wonder if she received a bonus check for doing so. 

Edited by TotoGirl
  • Love 17
20 hours ago, 4leafclover said:

Why is it ok for Kerryn to tell Whitney to "go eat a donut" but it's not ok for Buddy to tell her to "go have a drink?"

I agree with this.  They were both very inappropriate remarks to make.  While I don't agree with what she said, I think Kerryn was retaliating for Todd calling her a See You Next Tuesday and Buddy calling her pathetic.  That whole segment stunk to high Heaven.  My neck hurts from cringing.

Edited by swankie
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, 4leafclover said:

I cringe when I hear people saying things like, fat people "waddle,"

Why? People say the same thing about pregnant women. It's a way of walking that's clearly different than the average human gait. It's an objective word that doesn't inherently mean something negative. Kind of like how Whitney thinks of the word "fat". With that being said, I don't think I would personally describe the way Whitney walks as waddling, but she clearly walks in a way that indicates she has to compensate for her size. Her body is not in the correct alignment and that will almost certainly cause her joint issues when she's older.

I haven't seen this episode yet, but in general, I kind of agree with your assessment of the whole Kerryn situation. I think she has good points, but she clearly wasn't brought on to present a cogent counterargument. Her whole role is to stir up some shit and make Whitney mad. I think it's so the show can have a clear example of how fat shaming is permeated/accepted by society. The show is characterizing her as a comedian that gets off on making fun of fat people and pointing out how happy she is that she's thin. I bet Will would agree with Kerryn's point of view, but he would deliver the message in a much kinder way. Whitney would still probably not be receptive, but it would at least plant a seed in her brain that maybe she needs to change. Whitney's not going to give a second thought to Kerryn's statements.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

What mind-numbing rubbish. 

This I must say first, Buddy is stupefyingly daft.  His idea of a retort in a debate is to mumble some generic insult at his adversary while looking away all shifty.  "Go have a drink" to an alcoholic... yes, you scored big points in the defense of obesity you numbnut.  Sometimes I think Whitney is even more dense than Buddy, her main position consists of petulant demands for "respect," waddling off slowly in anger and crushing her knee joints with each shuffle, and making "are you crazy?" faces for the camera.  When she called Kerryn "vile" after Kerryn apologized, and refused her apology because Kerryn forgot to say: "I respect you Quitney" my face turned beet red and veins of anger were throbbing across my forehead.  It's not because she talks more than Buddy that she's smarter.  She does the same thing only with more word salad (drenched in ranch, no doubt).

Babs is another dim bulb.  She was fresh out of cogent arguments, resorting to weak statements like "Whitney deserves fame and is articulate" which was not germane to the discussion at all.  I loooooved Kerryn's "My Big Articulate Life" - Whitney is NOT articulate, she speaks at a middle school level, her speech is thick with grammatical nonsense.  Babs is a wide-eyed enabler and I don't find her charming at all.

Yukon is an emotionless simpleton.  I guess Quitney has a type... she likes them half-witted and sluggish.

You know what looks nice if you're going to go barefoot?  Denim overalls and a straw hat.  Try that look, Quitney.

No one had a word to say about the "funeral" that they organized to get Quitney to shape up.  They have some nerve criticizing Kerryn who, having a different approach, clearly shared the same objective.  Quitney found both the funeral and Kerryn's truth bombs offensive because she. does. not. want to hear any message that will deprive her of her daily dose of pizza and mayo... and giant cookies, cupcakes she doesn't like, craters full of Froot Loops drowning in full-fat milk, frapuccinos, etc.

The way Kerryn was asked to leave by the host was outrageous.  They knew what she was going to say, they invited her.  To make her into a pariah chased out by the morally superior Buddy (HA!), Yukon, Dumbabs and Quitney angered me.

Quitney's enablers really showed their true, trashy colors today.  They disgusted me.

Uh-oh, ToasterStrudel, you're in trouble now. You forgot to name pasta in your list of Twit's foods. EVERYONE knows that's her favorite food (circa the couples game where Twit exhibited her childish, poor sportsmanship) . Twit's going to come (or waddle or stomp) through your wall like the Kool-Aid Pitcher! 

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 5

Whit, regarding Roy getting you a larger chair at the restaurant.  I don't think the kind  gesture was a weight issue. My thin (& probably underweight) son would have also offered to get you a larger chair& carry it for you.. It's called being a gentleman & having manners. Something you know nothing about. 

Babs' eyes couldn't have gotten any larger when Kerryn made the articulate comment.  I think she (Babs)was caught off guard that Kerryn would respond to it  & Babs looked over to Whit like "do something, help me out here" which Whit did by stomping off.

I would love to see all the hours of uncut film of the reunion we didn't get to see.  I hope there is a part with Kerryn commenting about Whit being shoeless.  I couldn't believe when Heather said (paraphrasing) "I'm ready to take my shoes off" when Whit was stomping off. I yelled back at the TV that she could join Whit in doing so. I did like Kerryn replying that she was invited on the show when she was asked why she was there & my favorite line of hers is still "were we watching the same show?"

I'm still not so sure Glenn got it about the cucumber. I also didn't like his comment about changing the sex of the pig.  He thought he was being funny but it made me think of  Maddie, who being transgender has been thru a lot. I agree with the poster about Whit offering to teach Babs  how to sext & then making a thing out of it.. How wrong &crass is that? 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, TotoGirl said:

Todd calling Kerryn a c*nt is NOT acceptable in ANY circumstance. In this situation Kerryn could have responded (justifiably so) by calling Todd a 'fa**ot' but she maintained her dignity and didn't do that. I lost ALL respect for Twit's entire group, including Babs and Glenn, whom I have always liked up until tonight. Then again, this is a group of people that are OK with whoring themselves out for a TLC paycheck, so to me, that speaks volumes about them right there.

And I don't believe the host had ANY right to ask Kerryn to leave. Makes me wonder if she received a bonus check for doing so. 

And, like the group of Adults they are, they clapped when she left!

And then, we have Queen Whit, with her sanctimonious statement to the world, "And if you've ever doubted that prejudice does exist for fat people, you've seen it now."

And I hated the way she pleaded with Lennie, "Hold my haaaaandddd......" And am I the only one who found it odd that her hand was on his bare thigh?? Is that just where it landed?? Logistically, it that where it fell, and she couldn't bring it closer to her own body, or what?

I know I've brought that up before, I'm still amazed by it. Even after a good night's sleep.

And still no talk of her getting healthier in the next season. (What was the big surprise she was talking about on her FB page, anyway?)  Big news that she apparently can't discuss on the air. Huh.

• Love 7

Twit's friends ganged up on Kerryn and ran her off the stage, but you can bet  "articulate' Twit will be the one to take credit for the entire thing.

And, Babs, if your precious pumpkin was so amazingly "articulate", she wouldn't have had to hire someone to write her own damn book for her!!!

Edited by TotoGirl
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, PhereNicae1 said:

exactly, people have this weird double standard, Whitney is an addict and Kerryn can attack her, but its not OK the other way around and attack Kerryns addiction? I mean, its terrible, low and not OK in both cases.

Kerryn's problem is not with Whitney's addiction. Kerryn's problem is with Whitney's DENIAL of her addiction. And to make that worse, because Whitney certainly has the right to be in denial if she wants to be in denial, she is holding herself out to other people who are struggling with weight issues and food addiction as a model of good behavior and a healthy lifestyle. That is the issue. Not her fat. It is Whitney's hypocrisy that is so infuriating.

• Love 21
8 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I agree. It actually made me physically ill. Here I am, 2 hours later, and I am STILL stressed. 

I want to get on Kerryn's page and say more than I did but I can't. I can't afford the backlash. The last thing I need is for people looking me up and slamming me in ways that can hurt my livelihood. 

I think I am maddest at TLC. They set Kerryn up. And the hostess. Geeze. There wasn't a single person in Whitney's crowd of bullies that came out looking well tonight. I am done with ALL of them. Bullies. Every one of them. 

Don't worry MamaDrama just do what I do and create a throwaway account with fake information. Whatever backlash you receive on that account won't matter.

• Love 5

I haven't watched. I might not watch after reading these comments. I am done with Whitney, and she can go fuck herself. 

I hereby dedicate my performance in this year's St. Jude Memphis Marathon to Whitney Thore. Doing a race that benefits sick children, whose diseases were through absolutely no fault of their own, I will think of Whitney and her inability to put her own fucking shoes on because she is in a hell PURELY of her own making. Don't tell me PCOS. Don't tell me pre-diabetes. She did this (getting super super super obese) entirely and completely to herself. Every mile I walk, I will thank god that I have a shred of self-respect and although I might not be perfect, I'm working on myself continually. That's what being human is supposed to be about. 

@mamadrama I cannot even believe those assholes who Googled you. They can burn in hell. Seriously, I am at the end of my rope. I'm gonna go take a 6-mile walk with my jogging stroller to calm down.

• Love 24
6 hours ago, Pherber said:

I wish the comedienne was sharper and wittier though.  She didn't stand a chance against Twit's bloodthirsty gang. 

I think she's better than she was allowed to be. I'm guessing a fair amount of what she said to Whit was edited out, as it apparently was when Kerryn  was on the show the first time.  When she did the Ask Me Anything on reddit, she alluded to the fact that she was under contractual restrictions that limited what she could say about her appearances, but she did say she was disappointed in how TLC  chopped up the little bit of her comedy act that they bothered to air.

• Love 12

As I recall, Kerryn did not start it.  She asked the question about the funeral and there was dead silence. The fainting, the E.R. visit where the doctor told her clearly her heart was working double time because of her weight, lead up to them having the funeral.  It was a very valid question which instead of answering they resorted to calling her vile names.

The host who is SUPPOSED to be objective and neutral then tells her to leave and all of them clap? 

Bring out the extra strength Hefty bags, cause there is a big trash pickup needed.

• Love 18

I can agree with Whit that prejudice for fat people exists and that fat shaming isn't right.  However, she seems to want to take it one step too far and wants being extremely fat to be admired.  At least that is how I read the message at this point.  That is where the message goes off the rails as she seems like she is advocating getting fat on purpose and her fatness is her strength.  For me that is like trying to be less intelligent on purpose, or advocating becoming a drug addict, I just cannot support that message.  I can totally support not have size 0 as the ideal and having realistic body goals as many of us cannot have our 20 year-old body forever.  That is a long way from 400lbs though, I cannot support 400lbs as a goal unless you are a football player.

• Love 19

I'm sure that Karryn knew what she was in for--she is also being paid by TLC and certainly must have expected the denial/enabling/ridiculous comments (though perhaps not the use of the "C" word).  So I don't really think that any of the reactions must have come as a surprise or that she was broadsided in any way.  I would have loved an extended conversation, more than just the few comments that were shown, about Twitney's state of health, her inability to put on her own shoes (when she can even find any to put on), her lack of employment, and her denial of all of the above. In fact, I could have skipped the highly icky and extended sequences on Whitney's love life (or lack thereof) for more conversation with Karryn.

And I've never seen any human being more resemble a pet rock than Lennie.  They were both well rid of each other.

Does Whitney really think that she has a chance with Roy, (cuz she's certainly delusional in other ways) or is that simply a TLC script that she feels the need to follow?  And ewwww to her discussion of whether they could figure out ways to physically do the act.

• Love 5

If this show is picked up for  another season...I shudder at that thought..might I make a suggestion? I suggest that NOBODY watch it.  Hopefully the show will then be cancelled due to low ratings and that's the end of that.  Later some news story will come out with news of  Whitney's untimely demise.   Knowing TLC, they would be there to film that as well. 

Edited by Swiss
  • Love 7
Just now, Swiss said:

If this show is picked up for  another season...I shudder at that thought..might I make a suggestion? I suggest that NOBODY watch it.  Hopefully the show will then be cancelled due to low ratings and that's the end of that.  Later some news story will come out with news of  Whitney's untimely demise.   Just my take on this ridiculous show..

Yeah, it's already been renewed for a fourth season and is shooting now, according to Whit's FB page.

• Love 2

Oh no...I wasn't aware season 4 was already shooting.  Well...this viewer is done.  Who's with me??  Will skip the show and just come here for the witty, entertaining comments.  

• Love 12

I am just starting to watch this on OnDemand - to the first commercial. All I heard was that it's nice to smell him again. From a foot away. I don't dislike Lenny but does he actually have that big a cloud around him? Geesh!!

back to viewing...

• Love 5

I'm among those who will be deleting Part 2 from my DVR unwatched; then I'll delete this page from my home page on PTV.  I assume it will show up on the "celebrity" news when she is either cancelled or has a non-survivable health event because of her obesity.

I don't like mean people.  She's mean.  I'm done.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Swiss said:

Oh no...I wasn't aware season 4 was already shooting.  Well...this viewer is done.  Who's with me??  Will skip the show and just come here for the witty, entertaining comments.  

Last night, a lot of posters said they would no longer be watching, including myself.    It definitely wouldn't be the first time that TLC cancels a show because of a boycott.

I don't think that Greensboro Dance Theatre or the radio station will want to be associated with her either.    Whitney and her crew crossed too many lines last night.

• Love 8

I think Kerryn was out of line, is not that funny, and does not look healthy herself. I would also say she has issues with her body as well considering she has to say  some variation of "IM thin! I'm thin! every other minute. I also think it is none of her business what Whitney or anyone else looks like or what their deep dark issues may be. She is not a mental health professional nor a friend or family member of Whitney's so she should mind her own business. I don't think she should be called names but she is the epitome of someone who can throw it out but not take it. 

• Love 4

I also think it is none of her business what Whitney or anyone else looks like or what their deep dark issues may be. She is not a mental health professional nor a friend or family member of Whitney's so she should mind her own business. I don't think she should be called names but she is the epitome of someone who can throw it out but not take it. 

I doubt that TLC hired her to hold her tongue. Why else is she on the show?  I suspect that she is supposed to make comments that perhaps that Whitney is not used to hearing. Whitney is a public figure, (well, she isn't Lady Gaga, but still...a public figure).  If a member of the public finds her hypocritical, she has a right to tell her so.  Now, if Whitney was not on television, just someone that she saw around town, then, yes, Karryn would have no right to comment on her appearance, work habits, health, etc.

• Love 17

Taking my responses to the small talk thread.

6 hours ago, M.F. Luder said:

Why? People say the same thing about pregnant women. It's a way of walking that's clearly different than the average human gait. It's an objective word that doesn't inherently mean something negative. Kind of like how Whitney thinks of the word "fat". With that being said, I don't think I would personally describe the way Whitney walks as waddling, but she clearly walks in a way that indicates she has to compensate for her size. Her body is not in the correct alignment and that will almost certainly cause her joint issues when she's older.

6 hours ago, TotoGirl said:

Todd calling Kerryn a c*nt is NOT acceptable in ANY circumstance. In this situation Kerryn could have responded (justifiably so) by calling Todd a 'fa**ot' but she maintained her dignity and didn't do that.

• Love 1

I had soooooooo much second hand embarrassment for the Twit crowd last night, showing their asses on national tv.  And the host!  She definitely had an agenda set out by TLC.  They were trying to make Twit look good, but only managed to show how they were all still toddler in their emotional maturity, what with the name calling and inability to make a coherent comeback to honest questions.  Yes - why did you all have a mock funeral for Twit if you weren't worried about her health?  Because the TLC script called for it?  Okay then!  Why is Kerryn asking why the show isn't called "My Big Articulate Life" considered being disrespectful to Babs, but Twit calling Babs a b*tch to her face isn't?  Because the "b*tch" was in TLC's script?  Alrighty then. 

And why was Twit in full-on whisper mode to Lennie?  Did she think her mic wouldn't pick up her directions to him?  "Hold my hand"?  Really?  If he wanted to hold your hand, he would have without being ordered to, Twit.  Guess Lennie wants another season of TLC checks coming his way.  And since Roy seems to have someone in his life already, guess we can expect a rebound romance between Twit and homeless looking dude.

And yes, Babs - TLC totally noticed how articulate your precious baby was in that video, and that's why they decided to make a show about her.  Not because she was okay with being a fat girl dancing without shame.  The without shame part is what probably got their attention - Twit has a thick skin/is delusional/can handle looking like a fool.  Which she has been this entire season.  Not fabulous.  Just fat.

I'm going to probably watch next season from time to time, just to morbidly (see what I did there?) watch how much weight Twit gains.  I'm sure I'll be seeing her soon on "My 600-lb Life" where her delusions will put Penny to shame.

• Love 10

I really dislike Kerryn, but her not being funny is probably an outcome of how artificialy she was incorporated in the show. they needed an opposing person, but doctors, nutritionist, therapist (Tal ?) never seemed to really get the message through to Whitney, so the show just had to choose a "comedian", because comedians basically can say whatever they want.. So yeah she is not funny, but her role in this show wanst really about comedy.

I do dislike the way she goes about it, but hey who would turn down an opporutnity to get exposure on such a show? Now we all know about her.."Ill give her a donut," - from that you can see she is just mean and doesnt really care..

Edited by PhereNicae1
mistake
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Whitney's friends and family are actually sitting there calling Kerryn names. THAT is pathetic. I would've walked off, too. And that host allowed them to do it. 

I was thinking the host was giving the enablers enough rope to hang themselves. All that behavior pretty much validated what Kerryn was saying. 

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 8
56 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

I think Kerryn was out of line, is not that funny, and does not look healthy herself. I would also say she has issues with her body as well considering she has to say  some variation of "IM thin! I'm thin! every other minute.

The ironical thing about her saying she is slim, is that in her case it means virtually nothing- as poeple who have abused alcohol heavily very often do not tend to be metabolically healthy...I mean yes she is slim, but how about her pancreas now or in few years? So she is concerned with Whitneys health and at the same time talks bout herself being skinny when in her case it doesnt mean health...So at the stand up or when she mentioned her skinniness in this episode, i just cringed, because in her case it means just outside appearance, not metabolic health. I mean I do wish her well, but jesus..alcohol is worse then pure sugar for your pancreas, and there is only so much damage you can take..

Edited by PhereNicae1
mistake
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Kid said:

Kerryn's problem is not with Whitney's addiction. Kerryn's problem is with Whitney's DENIAL of her addiction. And to make that worse, because Whitney certainly has the right to be in denial if she wants to be in denial, she is holding herself out to other people who are struggling with weight issues and food addiction as a model of good behavior and a healthy lifestyle. That is the issue. Not her fat. It is Whitney's hypocrisy that is so infuriating.

Exactly. Her "humor" is harsh but it apparently got attention in a way that no one else has managed to, in an attempt to call Whitney out. I think Kerryn was ready to sit there and have an actual (if blunt) conversation. But Whitney had to pull her usual deflection nonsense of yelling over the other person and then her enablers escalted to crudeness and name-calling. Extremely articulate. It could have been an interesting conversation but that was never going to happen. TLC and Bravo have these stupid reunions in hopes of fireworks, period. 

The sexting just made me wonder about inappropriate boundaries in the Thore family. 

I think Glen is lame. I am sure he loves his wife and daughter but he sits there like a lox as they behave like trash. 

Is no one going to mention the armpit sniffing? It's crap like that that would keep me from ever "respecting" Whitney. Certainly she has a right to move through life without being harrassed. But people have the right to draw their own conclusions about her rude and hypocritical behavior. 

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 13

My husband and I have been together for 29 years and I have NEVER, ONCE sniffed his armpits!!! (Sniffed the base of his neck because he smells amazing when he wears my favorite cologne, yes, and I do that often....) But, I have never, ever smelled his armpits. I've never sniffed my new boss's armpits either, or any boss for that matter, nor have I let a boss sniff my armpits.

Then again, I work at a real job too....

• Love 21
16 minutes ago, unoiamacutie said:

That was so disgusting when Roy sniffed Whitney's unwashed under arms. Did she really go to work without taking a shower at least the night before and have Roy sniff (he was admittedly egged on by the others though)?

Such class. Such lady-like behavior. Such professionalism.  Babs, you can be so proud. Oh, wait...

Edited by RealityCowgirl
  • Love 14

Without having read any of the other posts yet: I've usually got a cast-iron stomach when it comes to trash tv, but even I couldn't finish watching this. This woman is just sickening, as are the weak, pathetic sheep she surrounds herself with.

The only good this show could do is to serve as a textbook illustration of both food addiction and narcissistic bullying, complete with the herd of cowed enablers. It would serve as excellent education for both the victims of narcissists and for counselors and psychologists.

• Love 13

Maybe armpit sniffing was going to be covered in the comportment class that Babs never got around to teaching Twit.

(Manners, behavior, conduct..ya' know.... things Twit has no clue about.)

Edited by TotoGirl
  • Love 10

Kerryn was hired by TLC to be a b*tch and villain. It's very obvious. The funny thing is, although blunt, she spoke the truth and had some very strong points. Whitney probably had a fit and demanded that Kerryn be kicked off the stage as soon as things got real. Whitney can't handle anyone bringing up the truth of her obesity, health issues, food addiction etc. It's pathetic! I'm sure Kerryn said something about her shoes (or lack of) but Whitney probably demanded that be edited out. Whitney is one of the worst examples of someone to look up to. She doesn't accept responsibility for any of her actions and she is the epitome of denial. I'll continue to watch because I'm addicted to trash tv (I'll admit it, no denial here), but I don't see things ending well. 

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, MrsBestes said:

Kerryn was hired by TLC to be a b*tch and villain. It's very obvious. The funny thing is, although blunt, she spoke the truth and had some very strong points. Whitney probably had a fit and demanded that Kerryn be kicked off the stage as soon as things got real. Whitney can't handle anyone bringing up the truth of her obesity, health issues, food addiction etc. It's pathetic! I'm sure Kerryn said something about her shoes (or lack of) but Whitney probably demanded that be edited out. Whitney is one of the worst examples of someone to look up to. She doesn't accept responsibility for any of her actions and she is the epitome of denial. I'll continue to watch because I'm addicted to trash tv (I'll admit it, no denial here), but I don't see things ending well. 

THIS!!! It's funny, totally unrelated to this show, a friend of my posted a meme on FB today with the following quote. I feel like it fits how Whitney treats Kerryn perfectly. 'When a narcissist can no longer control you, she will try to control how others view you'.

• Love 14

I tried to google the ratings for the show but couldn't find them. I was wondering how ratings have looked by season and episode from s1e1 until now. Usually I'm a pretty good Googler, but I got nothin'. There is a poster on the "Little People Big World" forum who posts ratings and viewers but I don't see his source.

14 hours ago, PsychoKlown said:

After tonight I'm done with this show.

I will however, watch if there's ever an episode of My Big Fat Fabulous Fatal Heart Attack and Funeral. 

I'll watch her on the Very Special Episodes of My 600-pound Life, but that's all.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, zoemom said:

Mamadrama I too support you and I'm sorry that you're having to endure from the Twit's deluded fan base

Sending virtual hugs your way, don't let those idiots get to you, they're not worth your time and or effort.  If it gets too bad, I believe Facebook has ways to stop harassment - if it continues please check it out.

Thanks everyone. Still rattled, still shocked. It will blow over, though. ☺

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, seasons said:

I tried to google the ratings for the show but couldn't find them. I was wondering how ratings have looked by season and episode from s1e1 until now. Usually I'm a pretty good Googler, but I got nothin'. There is a poster on the "Little People Big World" forum who posts ratings and viewers but I don't see his source.

I found this article from August 10th. Here's a quote:

TLC announced today that it has ordered 14 additional episodes of MY BIG FAT FABULOUS LIFE, which are set to premiere in early 2017. Thus far season three averaged 1.4M P2+ viewers and a 1.1 W25-54 rating, making it the highest rated season ever.

• Love 1

I think Kerryn calling herself "skinny" was in response to being called a "skinny bitch" on the show. She was effectively pointing out the BS behind "No BS," since they mocked her body. I really don't think she was bragging about being thin, or anything.

Hilarious that Whit's supporters so strongly diss Kerryn's smoking. WHITNEY SMOKES TOO, you mouth-breathing losers. Buddy's "go have a drink" crossed the line big-time to me. He is probably the biggest asshole on this show.

Whitney's obsession with smells explains a lot. Smell and taste are closely linked. I'll bet she eats to fulfill her need for sensory stimulation. 

• Love 12

So sad that this show apparently garners decent ratings.  I guess it shows that a fair amount of folks are buying into twit's no body shame campaign, which is just a cover for eating whatever you want and blaming everyone/everything but yourself for your weight.  I tried to find a link so I could email TLC my thoughts on this travesty of a show but had no luck.  Further research may be necessary.

• Love 2

I cannot wrap my head around the fact that there is so much support for Whitney. 

And word to @ClareWalks above. She was responding to something being said to her. I would have replied in the same manner.

As far as them attacking ME?

Eh. I've been called worse things by better people.

Edited by mamadrama
Because "worse" and "worst" are different words
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

The sexting just made me wonder about inappropriate boundaries in the Thore family. 

Is no one going to mention the armpit sniffing? It's crap like that that would keep me from ever "respect" Whitney. Certainly she has a right to move through life without being harrassed. But people have the right to draw their own conclusions about her rude and hypocritical behavior. 

Whitney is someone who constantly displays very poor and inappropriate boundaries - emotionally, verbally, physically, every way you can think of. Even with animals. Even with herself. (Because most people have more respect for themselves than Whitney has for herself.)

It's not cute. It's not funny. It's not brave or bold. It's nothing but a total lack of respect for everybody and everything, and valuing others only in terms of what they can do for her. Also known as "narcissism." 

• Love 10

Thanks, @M.F. Luder!!!

MBFFL Season 3 ratings averaged 1.4 million P2 viewers ( P2 means total viewers) & 1.1 million for ages 25-54---per episode.

That's not that great, as those are about the same numbers that Sister Wives have in their 5th or 6th season.

Guess Twit isn't the massive celeb she thinks she is, huh??? (pun intended!) :-)

Edited by TotoGirl
  • Love 2