Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E11: The Skinny, Pt. 2

• Start Topic

Tabbygirl521, and okerry, you captured the crux of Whit's contradictory message v. her life. 

No respect.

Neither for herself or anyone else,  including parents. 

Sigh. It is enervating to wrap my head around ( yes, I grew up in the 60's/ 70's, man).

Still can't feel sorry for Twit or her social barnacles ( love that term).  I'm so over doublespeak and spinning truth into whatever suits her twisted logic.

9 minutes ago, PsychoKlown said:

I don't watch DWTS but is that Bruno guy still there?  Or Len?

Wouldn't you just love to see their faces (and hear their comments) if she were to twerk in her horizontal-striped yoga pants!  Note:  please don't consider this fat shaming - I'm just recalling one of her fabulous moments on the show and just relating it to another show.

Or when Twit humps the floor, and her friends laugh and laugh and laugh, as the judges gawp at the spectacle of someone willfully selling her dignity (once again) on tv.  

Edited by Tosia
So many posts, so little memory.
  • Love 5

So far, the professional partners on DWTS have all have been highly successful competitors in various forms of competitive dance, with the most accomplished of them being international stars of what is clumsily called "dancesport" today.  I'm afraid Whitney's second place in a fake beginner three-dance competition would fail to impress. Maybe she should consider building her resume by going for "So You Think You Can Dance?" instead? Surely with a little work, Gulya could get Todd and Whitney up to speed - I'm sure they could pull off something even better than this. *sarcasm*

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 2
Just now, Toaster Strudel said:

And she came second in a prestigious competition, having barely rehearsed and beat dancers with fat more experience!

In other news, I need to patent the word "fathlete" before Twit does.

LOL I just tried to say it and I spit all over the place :)

• Love 3

Ok, so I'm confused.  Whitney stated several times during these three seasons that her an Buddy crossed the "fleshold," but then Whitney stated that she doesn't date big men because of the she wasn't sure how the logistics would work....so did they cross the "fleshold" when they were in high school or is she just making that thing up about not liking big men out of convenience to push her story line?

Speaking of high school, is it normal to still have your same circle of friends that you had back in high school in your 30s?  I barely keep up with mine on Facebook as they have all scattered through out the country.  Just seems odd...

Why the hell didn't someone ask her where her shoes were?????  That just pisses me off.  I did feel kind of sorry for Keryn (however you spell it) but she's an ass too...she brought up some really good points (like "Why didn't they call it 'my articulate life' then?), but she had to follow it up with some mean (and supposedly funny) comment--I am not a fan of "mean" comedy.  I couldn't even get through the whole move "the Hangover"

Back to her ban on big men...she better ease up, because that's all she's going to get unless she wants someone with a feeder fetish.  I personally prefer bigger men because I feel like they are stronger and you won't squish them (if you know what I mean!).  Buddy is looking very unhealthy lately, but he, and men in general, can handle more weight then women as they have much more muscle.  What an idiot for her making that comment that complained that he can be heavy but she can't.  

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, notyrmomma said:

Ok, so I'm confused.  Whitney stated several times during these three seasons that her an Buddy crossed the "fleshold," but then Whitney stated that she doesn't date big men because of the she wasn't sure how the logistics would work....so did they cross the "fleshold" when they were in high school or is she just making that thing up about not liking big men out of convenience to push her story line?

Buddy has only been this size the past season. He has recently gained a lot of weight. In season 1, and when he and Whitney would have p "crossed the fleshold," Buddy was a smaller man. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, auntjess said:

I want Caitie (Katie?) on DWTS.  That would be wunderbar!

That? Might kill Whitney, possibly literally. (No, I clearly do not want that.) That's the kind of [stupid] thing that could spark the heart attack that we all know is waiting to happen, given her precarious health. (Just because you deny it, snowflake, doesn't mean it's not true.)

But if we're lucky, it might only make her head explode. (Okay, that I might want.)

Edited by RealityCowgirl
Typo
  • Love 4

Speaking of high school, is it normal to still have your same circle of friends that you had back in high school in your 30s?  I barely keep up with mine on Facebook as they have all scattered through out the country.  Just seems odd...

Some of the people from my high school class who never moved away have stayed close.  All of my friends moved away, as I did, and it wasn't until FB that I really caught up with what they were doing.  But I found a number of people who seemed to be in the same cliques from high school and living in the same area.

I read that Todd actually lived in NYC but it sure seems like he spends a lot of time in Greensboro.

58 minutes ago, notyrmomma said:

I think it depends, if they were really good friends and have been all this time, then I don't see why it'd be odd, could be quite common, especially if you live in areas where you don't really have to move away for college/jobs. Seems Tal, Heather and Todd stayed in town and Whitney did too, so why not keep in touch if you considered them good friends back in the day? Seems Whitney doesn't have friends from college? Don't know how she met Ashley and Buddy. Personally, I wouldn't be friends with my HS classmates even if I got paid, but I think it's cool Whitney gets to be friends with them even when older, I always love to hear those "We've been friends for 30 years!", that's awesome.

Really? Todd lives in NYC? It sure does seem like he's  in Greensboro most of the time. If he makes it though, must wonder why Whitney's brother, who also lives in NYC, doesn't visit that often =/

• Love 4
49 minutes ago, mamey2422 said:

Buddy has only been this size the past season. He has recently gained a lot of weight. In season 1, and when he and Whitney would have p "crossed the fleshold," Buddy was a smaller man. 

I guess I never considered Buddy to be skinny, but he is way bigger now

2 hours ago, notyrmomma said:

Why the hell didn't someone ask her where her shoes were?????  That just pisses me off.  I did feel kind of sorry for Keryn (however you spell it) but she's an ass too...she brought up some really good points (like "Why didn't they call it 'my articulate life' then?), but she had to follow it up with some mean (and supposedly funny) comment--I am not a fan of "mean" comedy.  I couldn't even get through the whole move "the Hangover" 

The producers really hit the jackpot with Kerryn in a few ways - like you said, she did bring up some good points, so viewers like us who are watching and wondering why no one will speak honestly to Whitney can feel like they "hear us" etc.  But she is also mean and I do think she "fat shames" at times, so people who are fans of Whitney feel like they have a villain they can unite against, and Whitney herself can write off everything Kerryn says because she's mean.

If TLC really wanted to show an opposing viewpoint, they certainly could have found someone who wouldn't make jokes about bribing friends to lose weight by promising them blow jobs, calling all fat people grumpy, talking about how skinny she is, etc.  Instead they chose to go with someone who would stir the pot but conveniently give Whitney and her supporters plenty of leeway to ignore every reasonable thing she said.

• Love 10
On August 18, 2016 at 10:06 AM, Swiss said:

Oh no...I wasn't aware season 4 was already shooting.  Well...this viewer is done.  Who's with me??  Will skip the show and just come here for the witty, entertaining comments.  

I am with you!  I do not want to help Quitney come back for a fifth season.  They need to get someone who is positive, motivated, and nice to help girls and women to feel comfortable in their bodies.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, notyrmomma said:

His color has turned grey a few times.  He really does look like he could have a heart attack at any moment.  

I apologize if I'm not allowed to post this. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, notyrmomma said:

I never considered him to be skinny either but you can see in this picture how his weight has changed. Top picture is from the first season (he was bringing Whitney pizza appropriately enough). Bottom picture is from this season. The change is evident in his stomach.

I hope Buddy was serious when he said he was ready to make some changes to his health because he didn't like the way he felt. 

image.jpeg

• Love 4
On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 5:19 AM, swankie said:

To be absolutely honest, I find it very hard to believe that it was just a "coincidence" that there just so happened to be this fat shaming comedian guesting on a radio show that has an intern that just so happens to be the leader of the No BS crusade.  That part of the whole scenario seemed so scripted and fake to me.

I especially liked the part at the reunion where Whitney claimed the interns at the radio station were ALL encouraged to join in the on-air discussion if a topic came up about which the intern was "especially knowledgeable." Oh really? Quite an unusual policy for a licensed radio station to maintain. I wonder how often in the station's history an intern has barged into the booth while the show is on the air, grabbed a mic and started arguing with the invited guest in the middle of an interview?  

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 10
35 minutes ago, auntjess said:

Wasn't something said about Buddy having lost 50 lbs?

Whitney mentioned Roy had lost weight prior to the show, I don't believe anything was said about Buddy.

Also, not really related, but is "Buddy" his real name?  Like...that's a nick-name, right?

• Love 2

In addition to complaining to TLC about the Skinny, Part 2 I also wrote the radio station she "interned" at and complained to them. I mentioned my dissatisfaction with the bullying she and her friends displayed, the name-calling, etc. I also pointed out that she implied that Roy's self-esteem was suffering, and that he didn't accept his body, because he was in the process of losing weight. (We haven't discussed that yet, but it pissed me off. It she claims to be a role model then why diss someone because they are trying to lose weight and change for a healthier lifestyle?)

I am sure my words won't do much but I felt I needed to say something. I would NOT want my "brand" associated with that I saw on TV Wednesday night. Of course, if Todd's family is somehow involved with the radio station then it won't matter...

• Love 10

I'm just wondering... Re: DWTS: Wouldn't it be a pretty big leap (!) from cable "reality" star to major network show? That show is one of ABC's big draws with a huge fan base. I'm not sure how a Whitney appearance would be received. 

But then again, if that "Dance Moms" lady was on, you never know. Although it seems she was not well received? 

Could a commercial endorsement be on the horizon?

4 hours ago, mamey2422 said:

I never considered him to be skinny either but you can see in this picture how his weight has changed. Top picture is from the first season (he was bringing Whitney pizza appropriately enough). Bottom picture is from this season. The change is evident in his stomach.

I hope Buddy was serious when he said he was ready to make some changes to his health because he didn't like the way he felt. 

image.jpeg

Gosh. That is quite a contrast. That weight gain for him could be part of why he seems crabby lately.

In the first picture they almost look like they are outside hosting a children's show or something ("Magic Treehouse" anyone?). lol.

My hat is off to that couch. 

• Love 10

It definitely looks like Buddy has put on weight, but I'm just not convinced that he's only 20 pounds lighter than Twit and weighs in at 370 lbs now.

Men do have more muscle & larger bone structure but I just don't see him weighing that much. Might just be me though.

Edited by TotoGirl
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

She might vomit if she exceeds her 30 minute limit, or pass out after 40, so she can't be on DWTS unless as a judge!

But Twit only passed out from poor hydration & lack of sleep!

Give her a nap & some Gatorade and she'll sail through with flying colors! A 2nd-place finish is practically guaranteed! ;)

Edited by TotoGirl
  • Love 5

Holy cow, look at the difference in Buddy. So it appears he gained a lot of weight since he moved in with Whitney. There has to be a correlation there. My son gained about 20 pounds living away with roommates at college for 4 years and I know a lot of it had to do with ordering pizza. 

I'm really not sure why they brought the comedian in for part 2, except to piss Whitney off. They went out of their way to bring the both of them back and then asked her to leave- weird. Buddy looked like he had steam coming out of his ears. 

The one pass I'll give Whitney on our whole No Body Shame campaign is I can see how she doesn't want to obsess about numbers in terms of her weight. Most of us who have been there have struggled, some a lot more than others and it can be very easy to give up when you don't see progress. I know people from Weight Watchers who felt that the scale drove them crazy after awhile and created an obsession to get to and stay at their "ideal weight". For many of us it was next to impossible to fit into their standards of a healthy weight, especially those of us over age 40. 

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, CarolMK said:

The one pass I'll give Whitney on our whole No Body Shame campaign is I can see how she doesn't want to obsess about numbers in terms of her weight. Most of us who have been there have struggled, some a lot more than others and it can be very easy to give up when you don't see progress.

I totally agree. I actually think Whitney should not think about her weight. Will should weigh her weekly but keep the number private, and if it's not going down after a few weeks have a talk about her diet. She could really thrive on a performance-based weight loss program as long as she attempts to control her eating habits a bit better. I tell my clients they should never set weight loss as a goal, because whether or how much weight goes down is not within our control - what we CAN control is the effort we put into our diet and exercise, so our goals should be related to that (ie eat a salad daily, or work out 45 minutes a day).

• Love 5
6 hours ago, seasons said:

I'm just wondering... Re: DWTS: Wouldn't it be a pretty big leap (!) from cable "reality" star to major network show? That show is one of ABC's big draws with a huge fan base. I'm not sure how a Whitney appearance would be received. 

But then again, if that "Dance Moms" lady was on, you never know. Although it seems she was not well received? 

They have had Nancy Grace, Kate Goesselin, multiple bloggers, and someone from Duck Dynasty. Two from The Real Housewives of Atlanta and 2 Kardashians. So they are no strangers to reality tv. ☺

6 hours ago, seasons said:

Kate Gosselin was on DWTS.  She lasted quite a few weeks, despite lacking any talent and treating her professional partner the same way she treats anyone who crosses her.  Her "dances" were quite possibly the worst ever though quite hilarious from a viewer stand point.  

• Love 5

The thing that most surprised--no astonished--me, in all of this, is that one of the people who commented on her Facebook page, was Anita Pallenberg.
(And I think FB is supposed to be pretty good about not letting people take other's names, and I don't think an account hacker would bother with Whitney.)
She comments in reply to a Lisa, in the comments under link on amazon linked from the show page.
If this is the real Pallenberg, it's hard to comprehend.
I mean I sit and watch TLC, a lot of my friends do, but I can't picture someone who used to lead such a different life, watching TLC.  Whitney is a long way from the Rolling Stones.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ClareWalks said:

I totally agree. I actually think Whitney should not think about her weight. Will should weigh her weekly but keep the number private, and if it's not going down after a few weeks have a talk about her diet. She could really thrive on a performance-based weight loss program as long as she attempts to control her eating habits a bit better. I tell my clients they should never set weight loss as a goal, because whether or how much weight goes down is not within our control - what we CAN control is the effort we put into our diet and exercise, so our goals should be related to that (ie eat a salad daily, or work out 45 minutes a day).

Will actually did this. He weighed Whitney without telling or showing her the number and focused their discussions on diet and activity level. Whitney was always defensive which led her to crying in the bathroom and Will firing her. The last time Will weighed Whitney she had gained weight. I'm not sure what would work for Whit. 

• Love 2

I'm not sure what would work for Whit. 

I think it might be Dr. Now's enforced diet, when he keeps them at the hospital and monitors what they get.
And even then, family members will sneak things in.

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, mamey2422 said:

Will actually did this. He weighed Whitney without telling or showing her the number and focused their discussions on diet and activity level. Whitney was always defensive which led her to crying in the bathroom and Will firing her. The last time Will weighed Whitney she had gained weight. I'm not sure what would work for Whit. 

Yeah, that's why she needs to attempt to control her eating habits better, as I said. She still denies that she overeats, which is ludicrous.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, goofygirl said:

Wait. If Whitney went on DWTS, wouldn't she be FORCED to wear SHOES???

Not just shoes but didn't the ballroom dance instructor insist she wear heels?

2 hours ago, auntjess said:

I think it might be Dr. Now's enforced diet, when he keeps them at the hospital and monitors what they get.
And even then, family members will sneak things in.

Yep. Buddy would sneak in Pizza and they'd sit and laugh at the fatter patients. Quitney'd be one of the patients Dr. Now would send home for non-compliance.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, TotoGirl said:

It definitely looks like Buddy has put on weight, but I'm just not convinced that he's only 20 pounds lighter than Twit and weighs in at 370 lbs now.

Men do have more muscle & larger bone structure but I just don't see him weighing that much. Might just be me though.

I believe it. Whit is only 5'1....how tall is Buddy, around 5'10? Height makes a big difference on how one looks with weight gain. 

• Love 3

Some scattered thoughts on this "reunion" farce:

I felt terrible for Glen the whole time watching.  Having his astonishingly, probably psychologically irregular, daughter shove her sexuality in his face and purposefully humiliate him for laughs on TV was awful.

I don't think Whitney has ever been happier than being the center of attention, on the couch opposite from all of her enablers.  I think Heather knows what's up, though, and she's just around for the paycheck.

I like Buddy, generally, but he looks awful.  I hope he and Heather stop featuring in the show and he gets healthy to be there for her and her kids.  Her and Buddy's interaction after Whitney "stormed out" sums it up for me.

H: "[Going after Whitney's] not worth it."  

B: "No.  It's not."

When Whitney said it was exhausting to deal with "haters" I wanted to punch her.  You're a total hero for being fat, Whitney. /s

I think she was wearing a wig.

Edited by polandspring
  • Love 5

Speculation & Ideas regarding Twit's upcoming 'Big Announcement':

(Feel free to chime in & add your own ideas!)

-Endorsement deal

-Another book deal

-Opening her own dance studio 

-Her own talk show 

-Cameo in a movie

-Finally decided to have weight loss surgery 

-DWTS appearance or guest judge

Edited by TotoGirl
  • Love 2

remember when Buddy brought pizza to Whitney's room after she got home from the hospital? I couldn't believe it. She also said she was dehydrated, that's the reason she passed out ? And then Buddy not attending the fake funeral? I guess Buddy and Whitney have a let's eat shit together pact. Buddy says he wants to lose weight, let's see what season 4 brings in that front. Highly doubt it

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Christi said:

I just watched hoping to see Alistair ??

Speaking of Alistair, in whichever Skinny that showed them getting him from the farm, I hated the snooty way she kept calling the woman's prefab house a trailer.,
It was just the way she said it, several times.

• Love 4

This thread may not be correct place to share this http://www.latimes.com/sports/olympics/la-sp-oly-robles-plaschke-20160815-snap-story.html. (Moderators, please advise.)

Sarah Robles, who is 5'10" and 315 pounds, won a bronze medal in weightlifting for the USA.  Michelle Carter won the gold medal for the USA in the shot put at 5'9" and 257 pounds. “These Olympians are using the podium to promote a positive message,” says Abigail Saguy, professor of sociology at UCLA and author of the book “What’s Wrong With Fat?” “They are making an important point that health comes at all sizes, and we should be embracing diversity of body sizes rather than assume there’s one good body type.”

Although Whitney (by contrast with Robles and Carter) is not necessarily a credible spokesperson for the "important point that health comes at all sizes", the equally important message that she illustrates is that life should not be  deferred until weight loss is achieved. Her example encourages  new activities and adventures (visiting the beach in a bikini, riding a bike, tubing in the snow, ballroom  dancing competition) that can be attempted before she and other supermorbidly obese individuals reach a more conventional size. Her conversations with the comedienne also alluded to the respect and support that Whitney and other severely overweight individuals deserve when they pursue the activities that they previously avoided.

Edited by grayson
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, grayson said:

This thread may not be correct place to share this http://www.latimes.com/sports/olympics/la-sp-oly-robles-plaschke-20160815-snap-story.html. (Moderators, please advise.)

Sarah Robles, who is 5'10" and 315 pounds, won a bronze medal in weightlifting for the USA. She encourages body positive attitudes among girls and young women. Michelle Carter won the gold medal for the USA in the shot put at 5'9" and 257 pounds. “These Olympians are using the podium to promote a positive message,” says Abigail Saguy, professor of sociology at UCLA and author of the book “What’s Wrong With Fat?” “They are making an important point that health comes at all sizes, and we should be embracing diversity of body sizes rather than assume there’s one good body type.”

Although Whitney (by contrast with Robles and Carter) is not necessarily a credible spokesperson for the "

I had mentioned Michelle Carter a few days ago after she one her gold medal.  That woman is a beast in every positive sense of the word. She is healthy, strong, confident, driven, intelligent, and definitely someone to look up to. I don't know as much about Sarah Robles because I missed the weightlifting but she sounds equally wonderful. It makes me sick that someone like Whitney is on TV claiming to be a role model when it's women like Michelle and Sarah that we should be holding up as examples of people to admire and representatives of embracing different body types.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, DatFatShorty said:

remember when Buddy brought pizza to Whitney's room after she got home from the hospital? I couldn't believe it. She also said she was dehydrated, that's the reason she passed out ? And then Buddy not attending the fake funeral? I guess Buddy and Whitney have a let's eat shit together pact. Buddy says he wants to lose weight, let's see what season 4 brings in that front. Highly doubt it

Buddy is clearly her eating partner. I'm just surprised Heather is still sticking around with Buddy (besides the paycheck. I mean is she paid to be on the show as Buddy's girlfriend or as Twit's revolving door of besties or both?) instead of high tailing it out of there.

9 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

I had mentioned Michelle Carter a few days ago after she one her gold medal.  That woman is a beast in every positive sense of the word. She is healthy, strong, confident, driven, intelligent, and definitely someone to look up to. I don't know as much about Sarah Robles because I missed the weightlifting but she sounds equally wonderful. It makes me sick that someone like Whitney is on TV claiming to be a role model when it's women like Michelle and Sarah that we should be holding up as examples of people to admire and representatives of embracing different body types.

I would love to see Michelle Carter and Sarah Robles be the faces of the Body-positive movement. To quote you, 3girlsforus, they're "healthy, strong, confident, driven and intelligent", and they've had to live balls-to-the-wall to reach their Olympic success. I seriously doubt either one of them spent any time sobbing in the restroom if somebody pushed them too hard. I'd love to read books about their life stories and I'd have no hesitation whatsoever if my kids looked up to and/or emulated them! What an inspiring, refreshing change Michelle & Sarah would be compared to the narcissistic, name-calling bully we're stuck with now.

Edited by TotoGirl
  • Love 9

I also guarantee that women like those athletes actually do legitimately love their bodies, unlike Whitney just claiming to love her body. Whit may love how her body looks, but she can't love how it works for her right now, considering she can't reach her feet.

• Love 10