Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E11: The Skinny, Pt. 2

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

I had mentioned Michelle Carter a few days ago after she one her gold medal.  That woman is a beast in every positive sense of the word. She is healthy, strong, confident, driven, intelligent, and definitely someone to look up to. I don't know as much about Sarah Robles because I missed the weightlifting but she sounds equally wonderful. It makes me sick that someone like Whitney is on TV claiming to be a role model when it's women like Michelle and Sarah that we should be holding up as examples of people to admire and representatives of embracing different body types.

I totally agree with you,  3girlsforus, and all, about Carter and Robles! They are awesomely strong, healthy women. 

Whit?  Not so much. She's neither strong or healthy. Someone who can't wear/or put on her own shoes is not exactly a role model. 

Plus she gives up easily.....without an audience.   Remember how she cried on the bike ride and needed help steering? Or deciding to go home if Will didn't show at the stupid stair running?  Whit couldn't get out of the skis on her own either.  Laying on a tube is not athletic. Jiggling and twerking for three, or even 46 minutes before gasping for breath and collapsing doesn't show significant past "training" in one's dance " career".

Whit tries new activities --as TLC scripts dictate, and demands that  staff help her when she needs it assp.  

She proudly shows off her body everywhere in sports bras, tank tops, and yoga pants---however inappropriate the situation--anywhere outside of a gym IMHO. Good for her! Right. 

Look, I'm overweight by 50 lbs. at least. But long ago, I decided to act "as if" I was fine.  Walked strong.  Learned abt nutrition. Exercised at the gym as if I owned the frigging place. Life is good.  

Whit can be proud of her body if she wants.  

Just don't b.s. us that she's fit or any kind of a role model, just cuz she's big.  There's no substance behind her claims that being  5'1" and 380 lbs. is healthy. We've  seen the evidence to the contrary on tv. Whit's a lesson in what NOT  to do. 

Wouldn't a show abt Robles or Carter be amazing??!!!   

Edited by Tosia
After thinking abt it all, now I feel like exercising cuz Whit doesn't.
  • Love 15

It has taken me a few days after watching this travesty to become articulate enough to comment. It makes me sad that we are watching a show where in the main character slowly (humiliatingly, excruciatingly) dies with every episode.   I have always maintained that Quitney is intelligent. She seemed like a funny person who at first, was making her situation work for her.  I appreciated her hustle.  As the show has progressed, friends and family who at one point begged for her to lose weight have taken a big gulp of her "no shame" Kool-Aid and have gone from being supporters to sycophants.  Her friends are in it for the ride. The fame is intoxicating, Buddy is an aspiring comedian (who has gained at least 30 lbs since the end of last season) and Todd and Tal are probably just fame whores, but I don't understand her parents. Her mother (whose "charm" has always completely missed me) obviously adores her and her father  desperately clings to any hope of her losing weight. They can't have it both ways. You can't want your child to live a full and dignified life, participate in a fake funeral and then "support" her fat-loving life where she can't even put her own damn shoes on.  Those things are mutually exclusive. 

The comedienne is not my cup of tea personality-wise,  but the all out attacked that was staged toward her was repulsive and against everything that Quitney stands (sits) for. I don't know who that asshole host was, but if Kerryn does fall off the wagon, she is partially responsible. That kind of character attack would be hard for a non-addict to take, let alone someone who is fresh in their recovery. That is shameful and probably one of the worst things I've ever seen on reality television.

• Love 21

So late to the party, but finally watched. Twit and her Band of Social Barnacles came off like Mean Girl Bullies. Kerryn is so right about all of them enabling Twit. I'll be back for the snark, but am done with the bullies. Moderator invited Kerryn back to send her off immediately.  Ugh, TLC,  you should be ashamed. 

• Love 17

Based on what I read on Kerryn's Facebook page, I don't fear for her sobriety, even in the face of the flaming. She seems more than smart and tough enough (not to mention well-supported by family and friends) to withstand  the moronic attacks of Whitney's posse and the hangers-on.  On the other hand, were she as much of a written-communication obsessive as I am, the bad grammar, the bad logic, the weird religious comments (apparently quite of few of these people intend to spend their time praying for repulsive, skinny-ugly, mean,disrespectful and drunk comedians who stink of cigarette smoke) and the general idiocy of the messages might put her in real danger.  Fortunately, few people are. :)

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 7

I haven't been able to post up til now, because I have had no words.  Shame.  That's all I can think of.  They should all be ashamed of their behavior.  From Glenn and Babs on down to the bottom feeding ass-kisses Twit surrounds herself with.  They deserve their futures of serving Whitney her meals in bed, changing pee pads, powdering folds and rolls, etc.  Todd will be gone, having told them all he'll "see you next Tuesday."  Tal will most likely opt out, since he has a real job.  Buddy lacks the spine to tell Whitney no, so he will help, having already done shower duty, and will go for pizza and fast food runs.  Glenn and Babs will be feeble by then, but seem to have enough money to hire in-home care.  This is the future they are setting up for themselves.  Given the horrendous behavior we watched in this episode, I can't say that I feel sorry for them.

Edited by OnceSane
Fat-shaming
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, mamapajama said:

Buddy lacks the spine to tell Whitney no, so he will help, having already done shower duty

And I'm SURE Whitney will talk about how attractive Buddy must find her, getting to see her naked and all. (Naked and pooping on a disposable pad, but still, she is so sexy and attractive to all men, that doesn't matter)

Edited by OnceSane
Quoted post was edited.
  • Love 6

I keep thinking about Glenn. During this episode, I really thought that he looked completely "paralyzed". Absolutely stuck in place as far as what he can do, or should do to change anything in his daughter's life. Think about the way Twit talked about the skiing episode: the camera crew didn't help her fast enough or help her the right way, the boots were faulty, other people would have been hurt in that situation, but she wasn't because her legs are strong and flexible from dancing, which allowed her to lower herself down and go into controlled splits.

We know her family and friends watch the shows when they air on TV, so I'm going to assume Glenn saw the same skiing incident we all saw. I imagine he was wondering "what the hell" after hearing the reasoning & explanation that had just come out of Twit's mouth. Seriously---where would he start? What could he possibly say? If he confronts her, she gets angry, deflects, cries, screams at him or just completely shuts him out. I mean seriously, what the hell does he do anymore? I know he loves his wife, but I think he has some serious doubts as to whether or not Babs would back him up, or take Twit's side and defend her.

I'm not excusing him from all responsibility-he did help in creating the version of Twit we see today, but I think he's backed so far into a corner that there really doesn't seem to be anything he can do anymore to change the outcome of things.

• Love 9

Great analysis, Totogirl.  Love your name BTW.  Wizard of Oz is my favorite movie,  plus I just saw a dinner theatre version abt two weeks ago which was incredible.  The actors voices were strong and beautiful, plus the farm hands/lion, scarecrow,  and tinman were young hunks! Eye candy. The Lion's voice was operatic--seriously shook the chandeliers.! 

Sorry for off topic. Back to Glen.  What could he do?   A  therapist said to me a long time ago when I was kvetching abt my soon to be ex, that I needed to help myself first, be civil/polite,  and not interact very much.  Glen needs therapy to take care of his needs-- guilt, helplessness, embarrassment, shame,  misplaced helping, etc...and learn ways to interact constructively with Twit, or leave to  take a walk.  He çan love her, without actively enabling. Maybe his silence at the reunion was shock or resignation.  

That said,  I just realized that we show more concern at her parents than TLC shows that Twit does.  I guess I'm  trying to calm the frustration from her actions. Here's hoping that Glen finds some peace as a parent of a child/adult with significant psychological and physical issues. 

Edited by Tosia
Life is tough at times.
  • Love 6

Look, I'm overweight by 50 lbs. at least. But long ago, I decided to act "as if" I was fine.  Walked strong.  Learned abt nutrition. Exercised at the gym as if I owned the frigging place. Life is good.  

Good for you, Tosia. You are applying the philosophy  attributed to Whitney by the  hostess of this episode:  "No matter your size. . . don't withdraw from life." I do not know if Whitney has articulated her "No Body Shame" platform in the hostess' succinct phrase, but she can be a legitimate spokesperson for this perspective.

I also commend the hostess for ending the segment with the comedienne, Whitney, and Whitney's family and friends because the conversation was neither productive nor meaningful.

Edited by grayson
  • Love 2

I agree, Grayson, that it wasn't productive. Neither was the abhorrent name-calling, or the rapping segment,  or for that matter, the whole second part episode.  

I also agree to being comfortable in your own skin, but more so ACTING  ethically and kind to myself AND OTHERS.  

Being neat and clean in public is also important to me. 

We may have to agree to disagree with civility here. 

Edited by Tosia
I respectfully don't want to be associated with No BS.
  • Love 6

I too am curious as to what the "big news" is.  But since I think Whitney is delusional about much, I am betting that it's no big deal.  The one sticking with me from this ep is her needing the bigger chair, so Roy said, "You know, I'll take one too" and she's crowing about how she taught Roy to stick up for himself and ask for what he needs!  But he was already sitting in the regular chair and so did not "need it", which says to me he was just being chivalrous.  Also, from what she said, he lost 50 lbs!  Which to me seems a better way of handling any chair issues one may have. And the queen seemed to find that amusing, but I say good for Roy and take a lesson, Whit!

• Love 12

I have to confess, it wasn't until today, after consuming a small amount of marijuana (legal, medical), and after reading all of your beautiful comments, that I've been able to finally watch Part 2.

I was well prepared!  Knew exactly what was coming up next.  I think the first part with Lennie showed her as an insecure, over the top stalker, who refuses to believe that her boyfriend could possibly not be madly in love with her.

I thought it was hysterical the way that Lennie said just enough to possibly be asked to be on the show next season - He needs the $$$$$. LOL    The Host: "So Lenny, will we be seeing you next season???"  "Oh..I don't know.....(looks at Whitney)..am I going to be on next season?"  "If you're going to be part of my groups of friends, then..... I guess you will......".

Loved the entire part with Kerryn. I don't think that she came off as badly as I thought she would, considering the comments I've read.  Kerryn made it very clear that SHE was invited to appear to have a conversation, but then it didn't go the way she was given the impression that it would.  With that group, she did as well as anyone was ever going to be.   

Buddy is the biggest, dumbest, ("Why are we still talking to her???"  "I was Asked to be here to talk."   "Oh....uh...well...uh... *I* didn't invite you...so....."  *dribbles down his chin*) most obnoxious, fastest person to go down with the ship, as it were, character on tv. 

Like someone previously said, this reunion show showed a lot of the past season that made her look like an idiot, and she's making Babs look like a fool.  And that entire sending the sext message to Hunter was all a set up.  They are all terrible actors, but I think that Quitney can cry on demand, when she hopes to use it to her advantage.

The rest of the "chorus" basically sang from the bleachers, support for ANYTHING Twitney said.  They're laughing all the way to the bank right now. I hope they end up with guilty consciences when something serious happens to NitWhitney. 

• Love 14

I have a question on this whole armpit smelling thing....does nobody wear deodorant or antiperspirant?  If someone sniffed mine, they would smell....a fresh clean scent made by Secret. 

• Love 12

Whitney just posted some photos to Facebook and I must say, she looks GREAT. She has lost a bunch of weight and her hair and makeup looked lovely. I really hope Whitney gets on a better path. Sorry, but I do like her and I root for her.  Her recent weight loss is very noticeable and gives me hope that next season will be different.  I would like to see her emerge triumphant.

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, Gaily said:

Whitney just posted some photos to Facebook and I must say, she looks GREAT. She has lost a bunch of weight and her hair and makeup looked lovely. I really hope Whitney gets on a better path. Sorry, but I do like her and I root for her.  Her recent weight loss is very noticeable and gives me hope that next season will be different.  I would like to see her emerge triumphant.

I saw one picture. And I have to say, I wonder if she's using spanx under her clothes.

Not that millions of women don't, I guess.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Gaily said:

Sorry, but I do like her and I root for her.  Her recent weight loss is very noticeable and gives me hope that next season will be different.  I would like to see her emerge triumphant.

No need to apologize! I also really want her to turn things around. I am rooting for Whitney, because I don't want her to eat herself into an early grave. I just cannot stand her as a person, LOL :)

I also think she looks much thinner in the pics, although it's hard to tell if she's actually lost much weight or if she is sucking things in (Spanx or otherwise).

• Love 1

I looked myself. I think one photo where she had ombre hair looks like an older picture because right before that she is posting photos of her rainbow hair. 

The photo a runner posted with her and Babs looks about right. 

4 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

I also think she looks much thinner in the pics, although it's hard to tell if she's actually lost much weight or if she is sucking things in (Spanx or otherwise).

Lately she's been posting older pictures on her social media, that's why she looks smaller.

• Love 5

I can't get over her personal page and "fans". They post how cool Todd was to call Kerryn a C U Next Tuesday. They're seriously treating him like he invented the term. They're all so ugly about Kerryn. And one says Whitney deserves a boyfriend who will treat her like a princess. WHAT?? Why? How? I'm not a friend so I can't post, but in my head I'm posting and telling them all off. 

• Love 8

<wouldn't quote properly so cut and paste>

I took a gander and she looks exactly the same to me.  I also want her to do well.  But that ain't happening until she learns the only thing keeping her from losing weight is her attitude and lack of follow through.  PCOS may make it more difficult than the average person but I never saw effort.  I saw every excuse being used but no real effort.   In fact she will never lose much weight because her identity is all tied up in her Big Fat Fabulous Life.  No fat = no show, no videos, no books, no sycophants. 

• Love 6

last pic on her ig account looks new, hair-wise , and she looks thinner.

ETA: Lots of people are commenting on her weight loss. Hope she truly is losing weight and not wearing spanx

Edited by DatFatShorty

Ok, someone help me out here and post the picture where she looks smaller.  I took a peak at her FB page (I had to stop following her last year) and besides cats and other random crap, I see her in blue pants looking just about the same (unless you are saying she looks like she lost weight, because we see a hint of shoe in the picture), a picture "a la Ruby style" (where you never see more than part of her face) with a cat, and rainbow hair and makeup taken with either a selfie stick or by someone else, high above.

• Love 3

Yeah, I'm a size 10 but (sheepishly admitting) I've taken to high angles and photoshop fixes before posting some pics. I suppose the Instagram pic is another case of Whit's reality being what she wants it to be.

• Love 1

She is def wearing Spanx. I wear it on occasion. The lack of bellyroll is a sign. Otherwise, she doesn't appear to have lost weight to me. Looks like a pleasing camera angle. One of the interviews said the Skinny was filmed in July, so only about a month ago.

• Love 3

I'd like to know why, if she loves her body so much and is so comfortable in her skin and thinks there should be "no body shame," WHY does she persist in taking these high-camera, face-only pictures, or showing old pictures/videos of herself when she was thinner, or wearing 7 layers of spanx and posing for yet more high-camera deceptive pictures? Yes, they are various tricks that people use, and it doesn't bother me as much when other people do it. But Whitney holds herself up as this example of body positivity and it is extremely disingenuous of her to use camera tricks and old photos.

• Love 10
6 hours ago, DatFatShorty said:

I don't know why I care so much. I want her to lose weight so badly, for her, for her parents, for Will. She shouldn't take the compliments if she's wearing spandex/using tricky angles. ?

As I tell my clients - it can only be done by the person needing the help. 

You can wish to the moon and back and it's not going to make one bit of difference in her life.  Whitney is the only one who has the power to get Whitney healthy.    Wishing your mom will stop drinking or that your brother will stop using drugs is pointless if they don't have an even stronger desire to do so.  It is a lot of hard work to overcome any addiction and without a solid commitment from the addicted person it's just like spittin' in the wind.

Think about it.  If wishing made it so Whitney would be 110 lbs. soaking wet. 

On August 23, 2016 at 2:48 PM, auntjess said:

ShaNaeNae, good to see you here!
Wouldn't Whit have been a candidate as the bitchy bride in a Four Weddings?

Auntjess, I missed you! Yes! Marie the non smiler would be pleasant next to Big Whit! She'd definitely be an "all about me and this is my day" bride. 

• Love 1

I finally watched half the episode before the comedian came on. Whitney sure has an answer for everything doesn't she?

Im sorry but she looks huge sitting on the couch. Not fat shaming just the truth. She may be happy  being fat but you can't tell me she is physically comfortable.

I had to stop running because of a herniated disc. I put on 20 lbs and it's killing me. I can't imagine carrying 370 lbs.

• Love 1
On Saturday, August 20, 2016 at 11:35 AM, auntjess said:

The thing that most surprised--no astonished--me, in all of this, is that one of the people who commented on her Facebook page, was Anita Pallenberg.
(And I think FB is supposed to be pretty good about not letting people take other's names, and I don't think an account hacker would bother with Whitney.)
She comments in reply to a Lisa, in the comments under link on amazon linked from the show page.
If this is the real Pallenberg, it's hard to comprehend.
I mean I sit and watch TLC, a lot of my friends do, but I can't picture someone who used to lead such a different life, watching TLC.  Whitney is a long way from the Rolling Stones.

In this day and age of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and the like, there's no longer such a gap between us regular folks and celebrities who we view as "larger than life" and we are actually mingling on social media and watching the same shows.  Last year we found out that Beyoncé Knowles actually watches the Real Housewives of Atlanta on Bravo and was actually shown quoting Kenya Moore's tagline "Gone with the wind fabulous!"  So it wouldn't surprise me that Anita Pallenberg watches TLC and is following Whitney on facebook.  It's amazing how the internet has brought us all together.

• Love 1
On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 9:42 PM, Bubbles1967 said:

Im sorry but she looks huge sitting on the couch

Skirts/dresses do make people look a lot larger.  I've noticed that in a large family friend, who looked a lot less fat when dressed in jeans, than in her ususal dresses.

So took a mental health day and decided to watch the rest of the episode.  

What I don't understand is throughout the season her friends and family have made comments about her

Todd saying she's going rapidly downhill, Tal and Will saying she making excuses, Glen bringing her low calorie food and portion control Tupperware and of course the funeral. However they seemed to forget all this at the reunion. And she did too.

Kerryn was absolutely right when she asked if she watching the same season as everyone else. I noticed when she brought up the funeral no one said anything. 

What it comes down to it is that they are afraid of Whitney. She has all the power. 

i can't stand her and I especially can't stand her friends and family enabling her.

Now I'm going to have a piece of Boston cream pie because the 3 pieces I had yesterday were just not enough :)

• Love 7

Well, at least "Dancing With the Stars" is not happening. Yet.

However, there is a "little person" (as described by US Weekly) from "The Little Women: LA" competing this season. Her name is Terra Jole. Good luck Terra. I'll cheer for you since I hardly know anyone else on the cast except Marilu Henner and I'm kind of meh about her.

I feel like that just opened the door a little for Herself. Maybe.

So I guess the announcement on Part 2 was about Season 4. Meh.

Nooo! Don't cheer for Terra.   Check out the Little Women LA posts here on Ptv.

Terra is an executive producer and def keeps the fake drama, lies, defamation, and twists of truth going strong.  She is kind of like head bee-otch on that show.   She had a cute baby daughter, though. 

Whereas Twit is self-centered and bullying, Terra is blatantly out for blood and throws other little women under the bus frequently.  

• Love 3

Oh! Yikes! Thanks for the info on Terra! I should have really checked that out first. 

Seems like good women are hard to find on reality TV. 

I wonder how the dust has settled for everyone after part 2 aired. 

• Love 1

I don't watch DWTS but I would if Whitney was on.  But we all know she wouldn't do it if asked

She should do it for her "dance career". 

That really made me laugh when she said that at the reunion that things were happening for her dance career.

No Whitney you don't have a dance career.. You teach a Zumba class. 

The Pros on DWTS, Broadway performers, backup dancers etc - they have dance careers.

You twerk.

• Love 7

' Dance Career ' <---- ???

Even tho we've seen some contestants drop pounds during the course of DWTS ie: kelly Osborne - no way in hell is Twit in any physical shape to even consider appearing on that show . I'd watch the hell out of Maks vs. Twit ! Imagine the Maks eye rolls and frustration and the flood of tears from Twit.  

I've watched MBFFL since ep 1 and I could NOT finish this seasons reunion. I've gone from rooting for her to hating her personality so much.  The only reason to watch next season is to come to this message board for shits n giggs . You guys rule ?

• Love 9

DNR, I forced myself to watch the whole reunion even though I knew it would piss me off...and it did.

For once I wish it was like a Real Housewives reunion. Anyone who knows them (and I'm sure many do)It is knock down drag out, no holds barred, go for jugular nightmare always. They can be wild.

Andy Cohen (aka satan Andy) the moderator does not hold back on any questions. There are no softballs coming from him. That Shaun could learn a lot from him.

I have a recollection of her calling herself an athlete too at the reunion. So not only is she Juliana Hough but she is Simone Biles too.

Edited by Bubbles1967
Double post
  • Love 5