Type keyword(s) to search

Ugh!: Actors, Hosts, And TV Personalities You Just Can't Stand

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Inevitably the paparazzi will catch her doing things teenagers do and the bubble will burst.

But would they recognize her if she did? I mean, if she dresses ordinary and not like a demented ballerina, wears her hair down and takes off the clown make up, I bet she could walk right by the paparazzi and they wouldn’t even flinch.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
16 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Inevitably the paparazzi will catch her doing things teenagers do and the bubble will burst.

That didn't happen with Miley Cyrus who seemed to only add to her following long after it was clear that she was nowhere as 'family friendly' or 'wholesome' as Disney would have had their viewers believe via Hannah Montana. Why so few of her consumers or their parents seemed to be willing to quit patronizing her after all that, I will never understand.

P.S. At this time, Miss Cyrus seems as though she could be on the razor's edge of stability/sobriety and I hope she somehow manages to not indulge in counter-productive substances again but I sure wouldn't bank on it. 

• Love 3
(edited)
14 minutes ago, kariyaki said:

But would they recognize her if she did? I mean, if she dresses ordinary and not like a demented ballerina, wears her hair down and takes off the clown make up, I bet she could walk right by the paparazzi and they wouldn’t even flinch.

It seems to me she is playing a character, like Hanna Montana or Clarissa Explains it All.  Or even Debbie Gibson or Tiffany.  All of them presented themselves as wholesome teen role models for little kids.  Even though she apparently uses her real name, I would be willing to bet that JoJo considers this version of herself to be a performance aimed at little kids.  And that there's another, more real, side of her that isn't shown publicly.  

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 11
13 hours ago, GaT said:

You pretty much said what's so strange about her. She just turned 17, but she plays to 5 year olds. This is a photo of her & some of the guests at her 16th birthday party

Is this her real birthday party, or her publicity birthday party?  Because if it's not her actual birthday party, then it's basically like those lunches with Disney princesses or whatever.  If it is her actual birthday, either I feel bad for her that no one let her have a real birthday party, or she's entering Michael Jackson territory.

• Love 6
(edited)

Although I do find how Miss Siwa is presented and marketed rather disturbing, I think there's one thing we must keep in mind: 

She's STILL a minor and that means that at best her parents have greenlit this whole thing evidently oblivious to whether she wakes up and majorly regrets this whole phenom upon adulthood, and at worse, have been badly exploiting her against her wishes despite the frantically happy face she presents in public.

Now, if she's still presenting herself in this way after she becomes  a legal adult, that  would be far more on her! 

Edited by Blergh
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Blergh said:

Now, if she's still presenting herself in this way after she becomes  a legal adult, that  would be far more on her! 

And even more creepy.

(edited)

Pete Davidson--I don't get it. Any of it.

I view Jojo Siwa as an act. I am not fond of her act either but it is also not geared toward me. With that said, I do wonder if the line between act and reality has been blurred for her. I also wonder about if her tight ponytail will affect her hair line in the future.

Martin Freeman is another who I sometimes find annoying.

Edited by Enigma X
  • Love 9
53 minutes ago, Haleth said:

And even more creepy.

Miss Siwa would be doomed to be the 'Baby Jane' Hudson of the New Millennium if were to keep this up in adulthood. As it is now, I see  desperation and maybe even fear rather than sincere, spontaneous happiness in those smiles so I pity her rather than dislike her.

• Love 5
(edited)

Scott Baio. Had recently a Twitter war with Wanda Sykes. She tore him up. But I hated the way he handled the death of Erin Moran. Dude has zero sympathy from me.

Edited by Robert Lynch
  • Love 14

For anyone wondering about Jojo Siwa, she is seriously invested in staying the way she is. She is also very, very thirsty. This is a photo of her first car

siwa-1.png?w=595&h=462&crop=1&resize=128

This is a photo of her second car

maxresdefault.jpg

She is also friendly with Kim Kardashian (they text often), so you know the level of famewhore you have to be for that. Also, she got her start on Dance Moms, so she's an actual trained dancer, but if you've ever seen any of her music videos, she clumps around like she's never heard the words "dance class" before. She also can't sing, which I guess is why she only has music videos, but no record contract.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
20 hours ago, GaT said:

For anyone wondering about Jojo Siwa, she is seriously invested in staying the way she is. She is also very, very thirsty. This is a photo of her first car

siwa-1.png?w=595&h=462&crop=1&resize=128

This is a photo of her second car

maxresdefault.jpg

She is also friendly with Kim Kardashian (they text often), so you know the level of famewhore you have to be for that. Also, she got her start on Dance Moms, so she's an actual trained dancer, but if you've ever seen any of her music videos, she clumps around like she's never heard the words "dance class" before. She also can't sing, which I guess is why she only has music videos, but no record contract.

Since she's still a minor, there does exist the possibility that it's her parents/guardians who want to keep her in the spotlight, insist on her wearing those outfits and driving those 'look at HER' cars, and perhaps even cultivate a 'friendship' with Miss Kardashian and she does some or all the above because they've made it clear that her NOT doing that will 'hurt the family[monies]' and they've put ALL the above burdens on her shoulders to keep the bucks rolling for themselves, It wouldn't be the first time a child or even teen 'star'   was  naturally a shy, retiring individual but knew they had to overkill and fake being a showboat to keep their parents/guardians off their backs!  Time may totally prove me wrong but if not, it wouldn't be a complete surprise.

P.S. It's also possible that Miss Kardashian may not be sincere 'besties' with Miss Siwa  but just is using her to stay relevant with tween viewers who could   buy HER products.

Edited by Blergh
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, Blergh said:

P.S. It's also possible that Miss Kardashian may not be sincere 'besties' with Miss Siwa  but just is using her to stay relevant with tween viewers who could   buy HER products.

She would NEVER! hhahahahahha (of course they are fake besties. Kim K could be the mother of the girl Siwa pretends she is. 

• Love 4
On 5/30/2020 at 7:26 AM, Blergh said:

That didn't happen with Miley Cyrus who seemed to only add to her following long after it was clear that she was nowhere as 'family friendly' or 'wholesome' as Disney would have had their viewers believe via Hannah Montana. Why so few of her consumers or their parents seemed to be willing to quit patronizing her after all that, I will never understand.

P.S. At this time, Miss Cyrus seems as though she could be on the razor's edge of stability/sobriety and I hope she somehow manages to not indulge in counter-productive substances again but I sure wouldn't bank on it. 

I was never a fan of the Hannah Montana series but my daughter was of the age that the show was marketed to, and she didn't like it either. However, both of us like Miley Cyrus as a performer now that she's shed the fake persona from the show. My probably unpopular opinion is that given her parents pimped her out to Disney for years and years, nobody should be surprised that she chose to veer off in a completely different direction once she turned 18. I'd frankly be more concerned about her if she'd retained the Hannah Montana persona. 

JoJo Siwa seems to have a talent for marketing stuff to young girls. I'm not sure how much her parents are pushing her into those activities, versus her wanting to do it. But it makes my head hurt just to look at how tight her ponytail is pulled. I have seen somewhere recently a video or photos of her trying out a normal hairstyle, without the OTT hair bows and stuff. My guess is she's hanging on to her more familiar style for financial reasons, but have no idea what she will do once she turns 18.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, BookWoman56 said:

I was never a fan of the Hannah Montana series but my daughter was of the age that the show was marketed to, and she didn't like it either. However, both of us like Miley Cyrus as a performer now that she's shed the fake persona from the show. My probably unpopular opinion is that given her parents pimped her out to Disney for years and years, nobody should be surprised that she chose to veer off in a completely different direction once she turned 18. I'd frankly be more concerned about her if she'd retained the Hannah Montana persona. 

IF Miss Cyrus had just shed the   Hannah Montana concocted  TV persona and wound up becoming a good performer who didn't  nastily lash out at those not fawning over her talents and not believing she was the most clever and ingenious entertainer of all time AND, most importantly, had not openly advocating self-destructive indulgences, I'd have agreed with with you.

However; there were quite a few years after the series ended that she DID do the above actions.

It seemed for a few years when she and Liam Hemsworth reconciled and resumed their engagement and until their marital union soured, that she HAD turned a corner and became  a  more genuinely likable,positive and accepting person who was willing to be clean and make the best of what life has to offer her..

Alas, since that union went kablooey, it seems Miss Cyrus is at the very least hugging the razor's edge between holding onto her more mature, giving persona and returning to her intolerant, self-destructive and egomaniacal former persona. 

Since I NEVER was a fan in the first place and have never spent a single dime on any of her products, it's somewhat a moot point for me. However, if I HAD spent monies  for myself or on behalf of any hypothetical minor offspring believing she was closer to a semi-Hannah Montana persona  than the latter (and possibly current) toxic and self-destructive one, I'd instantly boycotted her products as soon as she put out songs advocating pot and 'molly' usage and not resumed patronage until she had made abject, sincere apologies- especially to those minor fans who have much fewer means and  access to resources to 'bounce back' as Miss Cyrus has had. 

• Love 7
20 hours ago, Blergh said:

I'm guessing one or more of Ms Kardashian's children are fans, and she's just buying their happiness. If it increases her marketing distribution: double bonus!

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
On ‎06‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 2:14 AM, Blergh said:

Since she's still a minor, there does exist the possibility that it's her parents/guardians who want to keep her in the spotlight, insist on her wearing those outfits and driving those 'look at HER' cars, and perhaps even cultivate a 'friendship' with Miss Kardashian and she does some or all the above because they've made it clear that her NOT doing that will 'hurt the family[monies]' and they've put ALL the above burdens on her shoulders to keep the bucks rolling for themselves, It wouldn't be the first time a child or even teen 'star'   was  naturally a shy, retiring individual but knew they had to overkill and fake being a showboat to keep their parents/guardians off their backs!  Time may totally prove me wrong but if not, it wouldn't be a complete surprise.

She's plenty old enough to be emancipated.  I don't know if she is or not, but she's old enough.

2 hours ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

North is in the target audience age bracket.

North loves JoJo and I saw on a gossip site somewhere that JoJo babysat her for an afternoon or something and she loved it.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Ms.Moon said:

North loves JoJo and I saw on a gossip site somewhere that JoJo babysat her for an afternoon or something and she loved it.

North is the minor daughter of Mr. West and Miss Kardashian so that means that the claim the young  Miss West 'loved it' when Miss Siwa babysat her is at least 2nd hand via her own mother (who may have less than altruistic reasons for repeating/ concocting said claim)  since I seriously doubt the young Miss West directly told the gossip site this claim. 

• Love 1
On 5/31/2020 at 8:33 AM, Enigma X said:

Pete Davidson--I don't get it. Any of it.

On 6/1/2020 at 1:37 PM, janie jones said:

He's not funny, and something about him gives me the creeps.

I always thought he was cute and funny. He has that baby face that'll stick with him for a long time. Not the most stable guy, though. 

And... I'm old enough to be his mom, which give me the creeps. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 6/3/2020 at 2:23 AM, Blergh said:

North is the minor daughter of Mr. West and Miss Kardashian so that means that the claim the young  Miss West 'loved it' when Miss Siwa babysat her is at least 2nd hand via her own mother (who may have less than altruistic reasons for repeating/ concocting said claim)  since I seriously doubt the young Miss West directly told the gossip site this claim. 

There was video and  North was playing and having a great time in what appeared to be a house decorated in very pink and glitter style.  It seemed more like corporate synergy in the meeting than actual babysitting but North was having a great time.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, Ms.Moon said:

There was video and  North was playing and having a great time in what appeared to be a house decorated in very pink and glitter style.  

That is Jojo Siwa's actual house. Where she lives with her family.

On 6/5/2020 at 1:17 PM, GaT said:

That is Jojo Siwa's actual house. Where she lives with her family.

Someone needs to ask her folks how that worked out for Hansel and Gretel! It sure seems more of a brand push than the result a family having sit together to design the most pragmatic dwelling and cozy dwelling possible for all its residents. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Blergh said:

It sure seems more of a brand push than the result a family having sit together to design the most pragmatic dwelling and cozy dwelling possible for all its residents. 

I'm pretty sure Jojo's career paid for it.

• Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, GaT said:

I'm pretty sure Jojo's career paid for it.

And one guess as to who is  paying the price for said career!

Edited by Blergh
  • Love 2

I can't stand Terry Crews.  I was over him after he threw Gabrielle Union under the bus and his  tone deaf stupid ignorant tweet last night about what has been going on just really lets me know who he really is. What an ass!  He is a weak little man despite his massive size..

• Love 6
(edited)

I never liked Terry Crews because the only "talent" he had was his dancing pecs.  I don't know about his kerfuffle with Gabrielle Union (not a fan of hers either) so I don't care.

The tweet was tone deaf and stupid.

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 1

I generally liked him until the stuff with Gabrielle Union.  I mean, she was one of the very first to vocally and unreservedly support him when he came out with his own #MeToo story.  In the face of a lot of men who scoffed at him or questioned his masculinity.  In fact his largest and loudest support was from black women.

So for him to backhandedly (yet pointedly) contradict her when she came out with her experiences with sexism and racism on AGT, it tarnished him a lot in my eyes and I could not look at him the same way.  But this latest tomfoolery is just over the top.  He deserves the dragging he's getting.

• Useful 4
  • Love 13
(edited)

There were little things about Terry Crews that made him side eye him over the years but they weren't obviously terrible and I enjoyed him on Brooklyn 99 and thought it was brave of him to share his #metoo story but sheesh, this Gabrielle Union stuff is hard to overlook mostly because it seems like he's doubling down.  Didn't he contradict her when this information first came out, then apologized and now he's doing it again?

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 9
48 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Didn't he contradict her when this information first came out, then apologized and now he's doing it again?

Yeah he basically invalidated her by actually taking the time to make a statement: "I've never experiences any racism."

The when he got dragged for that he doubled down:

"The only person I have to please is my wife."

Which was like  -- WTF?  What...why? 

and then he apologized because the dragging got worse.  LOL.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, DearEvette said:

Yeah he basically invalidated her by actually taking the time to make a statement: "I've never experiences any racism."

I hated that because just because a man who looks like he could basically crush Simon Cowell's head with his bare hands like it was a walnut didn't experience racism doesn't mean a much smaller woman who they assumed wouldn't fight back didn't. It just means the racist in question is also a coward and only preys on those weaker than himself.

I don't even know what the thing about only pleasing his wife was supposed to be about. That just makes no sense at all. 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

I hated that because just because a man who looks like he could basically crush Simon Cowell's head with his bare hands like it was a walnut didn't experience racism doesn't mean a much smaller woman who they assumed wouldn't fight back didn't.

Plus, there was talk at the time that the atmosphere was like a boys club.  A goofy ex-athlete would very likely be accepted while the women were policed more.  It sounds like Gabrielle was the target of good old fashioned misogynoir which is not something Terry would experience.

• Love 14
(edited)

Gabrielle also had examples where she stood up against racism of others not just towards her ie Jay Leno’s racist ass joke about Korean restaurants, so I don’t even find Terry Crews not witnessing anything credible. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 2
  • Love 10
On ‎06‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 9:10 PM, Ohwell said:

I've always wanted to give Pete Davidson a slap upside the head and a hug at the same time.   I'm also old enough to be his mom.

For me, it's just the slap.  I don't find him funny or cute.

• Love 10
(edited)
4 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

For me, it's just the slap.  I don't find him funny or cute.

For me it's not really Pete personally, I just don't think arrested development, stoner, slacker comedy is funny.

Edited by kiddo82
  • Love 11
20 hours ago, kiddo82 said:

For me it's not really Pete personally, I just don't think arrested development, stoner, slacker comedy is funny.

That could very well be the reason for me, too.  If I saw him in something different, I might change my opinion of him as an actor/comedian.

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

That could very well be the reason for me, too.  If I saw him in something different, I might change my opinion of him as an actor/comedian.

For me, it is the type of humor, the bad acting, and the irrational ick factor I feel when seeing him. 

No lie...I have no idea who Pete Davidson is. I don't know even where I'm supposed to know him from, but it's interesting that he seems generally loathed. I'm giving myself credit for not knowing a semi-celebrity who doesn't seem worth knowing.

GO ME!

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
(edited)

Pete Davidson was hard to watch when it felt like he was on the fast track to doom with his mental health issues and drug use. 

But I enjoyed him in the stay-at-home SNL episodes where he just seemed happier, healthier and enjoying life a bit more.

I could be wrong about that but he seemed to have a bit more oomph and give-a-damn.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 4
(edited)
7 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

Credit where it's due, I do like when he seems to be in on the joke.  When he does the self deprecating stuff like living with his mom and calling her his roommate (although that's a bit of an act since I believe he has since purchased the house from her.  It's not like he's just lounging around in her basement not contributing to the finances) he's pretty funny.  I just really have no interest in movies like Big Time Adolescence or the King of Staten Island, which seems to be his go to at the moment.  Although, in the interest of more fairness, the time his Chad character on SNL referred to RuPaul as "Ruple", I lost it.  Might have been the hardest I ever laughed at something he did.  I wish him luck and good health, but his act just isn't for me.

Edited by kiddo82
  • Love 4

I saw Pete Davidson live when he was touring with John Mulaney. His material was lame & his energy was awful. They had him perform before John which was smart because I would have left a minute into Petes set. John on the other hand was once again brilliant and super charming. I don't hate him but I don't find him funny either. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Terry Crews is going to Terry Crews.  With him and J.K. Rowling, is this some kind of "making things worse" week?  It's going to be hard for me to separate him from his character now, like I'd been able to in the past when he has done things that annoyed me.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

Terry Crews is going to Terry Crews.  With him and J.K. Rowling, is this some kind of "making things worse" week?  It's going to be hard for me to separate him from his character now, like I'd been able to in the past when he has done things that annoyed me.

Nope. He showed his true colors. Nobody is going to listen to a out of touch celebrity who lives in a gated community and wears rose-tinted glasses.

• Love 3
On 6/18/2020 at 3:42 AM, Dancingjaneway said:

I saw Pete Davidson live when he was touring with John Mulaney. His material was lame & his energy was awful. They had him perform before John which was smart because I would have left a minute into Petes set. John on the other hand was once again brilliant and super charming. I don't hate him but I don't find him funny either. 

I've only seen Pete Davidson in some SNL sketches, and I'm baffled by his popularity. He's not funny. His line deliveries aren't funny, he doesn't do any physical comedy, he doesn't even seem to have good comic timing. And to top it off, he looks skeevy and like he badly needs a wash. Why is he famous? Does he write amazingly funny material that he just can't perform?

• Love 10