Type keyword(s) to search

Ugh!: Actors, Hosts, And TV Personalities You Just Can't Stand

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, WarnerCL45 said:

OMG - thank you!  I would have mentioned him, but didn't feel like getting piled on today!   I still think he & his mom coached his little sister.

As long as no one can find me, I can handle getting piled on. ; )

And yes, I think that he and his mom coached the little sister.

• Love 5

Let me say, I believe the younger Miss Farrow's account AND admire Mr. Farrow's determination to push forward in spite of enormous pressures to kill his stories. However; I'm afraid I find Mr. Farrow comes across as a rather annoying,self-important person on-camera.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, fishcakes said:

I'm going to stay completely out of the debate as to whether Dylan was coached or not, but if she was, Ronan wasn't part of that. He's three years younger than she is, so he would have only been four-years-old when the abuse allegations were made.

But four years old is old enough to be coached, but young enough to not object to the coaching.  

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

What? You're trying too hard.

Too hard to do .......  ?

1 minute ago, proserpina65 said:

Maybe Ohwell means that Ronan was coached by his mother as well?

Perhaps.  I think that his sister came out with the story in 2014, so there was ample time for brainwashing.  Mia is very bitter (not without reason, I’ll grant you).

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

Maybe Ohwell means that Ronan was coached by his mother as well?

Ok. Now Ronan was coached too? Three hours ago he was coaching his "little" sister, who is three years older than him.

3 minutes ago, WarnerCL45 said:

Too hard to do .......  ?

Discredit a child against a man who has proven he has no respect for boundaries that should never be crossed. A child who, by the way, counselors felt was being truthful. Look it up.

• Love 13

I don't know what happened.  But, if the kids were coached, they, especially Ronan, would be young enough to assimilate the coaching as truth.  So, they can't really be blamed for anything, one way or the other. Other than that, I have no opinion of Ronan Farrow because until this conversation started, I had never even heard of him.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

Ok. Now Ronan was coached too? Three hours ago he was coaching his "little" sister, who is three years older than him.

Discredit a child against a man who has proven he has no respect for boundaries that should never be crossed. A child who, by the way, counselors felt was being truthful. Look it up.

I merely offered up a possibility for what the original poster might have meant.  I am not that poster.

And several doctors at a well-respected children's hospital thought Dylan was not being truthful and had been coached.  So even experts did not agree.  So I don't know what the truth is, and really, neither does anyone else here.  Two people know, and their version of events are diametrically opposed.  By that I mean Mia Farrow and Woody Allen; I'm sure Dylan fervently believes her allegations, but whether they are true or just what she was manipulated to believe as a young child, I cannot say. 

Edited by proserpina65
  • Love 13
20 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I think that Ronan Farrow is, and has always been, a tattletale little bitch.

If that's an unpopular opinion, I'm still rolling with it.

He posts way too many selfies on SM for me to take him seriously.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, SmithW6079 said:

Tim Allen. His shtick on "Home Improvement" was amusing for a while, but it's obvious he's a one-note actor.

It's too bad that he plays such a big role in the Toy Story movies. Someone (in another thread here, I think) suggested that Patrick Warburton would have made a good Buzz LIghtyear, and now I'm even more bummed we're stuck with Allen because I think Warburton could've done it at least as well. Allen has also made it hard for me to rewatch Galaxy Quest, curse him!

• Love 12

Blake Lively: I've never understood why she's considered A list. She's a terrible actress, her movies flop, and she has the personality of white paint. She even made Time's 100 list once and to this day I am confused over that one.

Zendaya: I can't put my finger on this one, but she seems incredibly obnoxious. Plus I was over her when she tried to play the race card after Vons grocery store would not break their policy over the amount of gift cards a customer can purchase with a credit card.

Matt McGorry: We actually share a lot of the same social beliefs but there's something about him that's just incredibly obnoxious.

Jimmy Fallon: I've never found him funny.

• Love 8
18 hours ago, SmithW6079 said:

Tim Allen. His shtick on "Home Improvement" was amusing for a while, but it's obvious he's a one-note actor.

Then he played the victim because his TV show was cancelled -- but for financial reasons, not his politics.  

Now that that mediocre sitcom is back on the air,  he's crowing like it's that greatest thing ever. I think his behavior throughout shows that he's an asshole.

I found  Home Improvement an ok show, his new one is not watchable, and he lost me when he was whining about his political beliefs causing the cancellation.  Try having a funny show, Tim!

• Love 18
56 minutes ago, AntiBeeSpray said:

Asia Argento. Go away. NOW.

x1000%

She'll have to take her ugly tattoos with her. That one on her chest is incredibly distracting and ugly along with her behavior.

• Love 6
17 hours ago, krankydoodle said:

Allen has also made it hard for me to rewatch Galaxy Quest, curse him!

Nothing will ever make it hard for me to watch Galaxy Quest.

• Love 14
On 9/30/2018 at 9:56 PM, WhitneyWhit said:

Blake Lively: I've never understood why she's considered A list. She's a terrible actress, her movies flop, and she has the personality of white paint. She even made Time's 100 list once and to this day I am confused over that one.

She is absolutely terrible. She's like what you would get if January Jones was actually personable. Pretty, wears clothes well, but cannot fucking act. People talk about Andie MacDowell being wooden. If you gave that "Is it raining? I hadn't noticed." line to January Jones she would have turned in a performance so wooden and stilted that Andie MacDowell would seem like a Redgrave in comparison.

Matt McGorry: We actually share a lot of the same social beliefs but there's something about him that's just incredibly obnoxious.

I always get the feeling that he is so vocally and publicly woke in order to get laid. I think he believes all of the things he espouses, but I think he knows it helps him get some tail.

Jimmy Fallon: I've never found him funny.

Never found him funny either.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, SrOfficial said:

I found  Home Improvement an ok show, his new one is not watchable, and he lost me when he was whining about his political beliefs causing the cancellation.  Try having a funny show, Tim!

I can't even watch his Michigan commercials.

• Love 2

Even though I agree with (most of) his politics and can appreciate his quick wit, man does Alex Baldwin bug the shit out of me.

I hate that he's on SNL so much with his stupid Trump impression, hate even more than won an Emmy for  it, and feel like gagging that he's been given a network talk show.

Entitled, self-righteous prick.

• Love 20
On 10/1/2018 at 11:35 AM, SrOfficial said:

his new one is not watchable, and he lost me when he was whining about his political beliefs causing the cancellation. 

Are you talking about him complaining that people who are against Trump, and even those who are non-Republicans, were responsible for the demise of Last Man Standing?

• Love 4
On 10/6/2018 at 3:49 PM, 2727 said:

Even though I agree with (most of) his politics and can appreciate his quick wit, man does Alex Baldwin bug the shit out of me.

I hate that he's on SNL so much with his stupid Trump impression, hate even more than won an Emmy for  it, and feel like gagging that he's been given a network talk show.

Yep, let's just say that I've NEVER thought Mr. Baldwin had to stretch very far as a performer to do that impression! Oh  and IMO  calling his own teen daughter a 'thoughtless pig' on her voice mail was VILE!

• Love 11
On 06/10/2018 at 4:49 PM, 2727 said:

I've seen him on "Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee" & he's pretty funny.  Some people are naturally witty - Tom Hanks, for example.  Alec Baldwin does have some issues with his temper, for sure.

Edited by Tanichka
  • Love 2
On 10/6/2018 at 4:49 PM, 2727 said:

His name is Alec, with a C not an X, Baldwin.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Blergh said:

Yep, let's just say that I've NEVER thought Mr. Baldwin had to stretch very far as a performer to do that impression! Oh  and IMO  calling his own teen daughter a 'thoughtless pig' on her voice mail was VILE!

As much as I appreciate Alec Baldwin as an actor, I think he's not a very nice person, and I would never want to spend time with him.  He's not on my dinner party invitation list, that's for sure.

• Love 13
19 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

How many kids do they have?

1 girl, age 5, who happens to have the same first name as I do, & 3 boys, Rafael, Leonardo & Romeo, ages 3 years to 5 months. He also has a now-adult daughter, Ireland (the 1-time thoughtless pig), with his first wife, Oscar-winning actress Kim Basinger.

I like Alec Baldwin but hate his impersonation of Trump.  He does a lousy job! Other comics who do Trump, just imitate Alec doing Trump.  

I don’t like Falcon at all.  No reason, just don’t.  

Edited by Wings
On 9/4/2018 at 6:15 AM, Ohwell said:

As long as no one can find me, I can handle getting piled on. ; )

And yes, I think that he and his mom coached the little sister.

I think Dylan was talking to her mom and in the process of reflective listening Mia filled in what she ‘thought’ Dylan was saying.  Children want to please their parents and agreeing with them is common whether they do or not.  A ball gets rolling downhill and often cannot be stopped.  The child can create a false memory if the incident/conversation grows and is repeated often.  I don’t think Mia planted the idea, she incorrectly read into what Dylan was saying and the elaboration began, got legs of its own.   I believe this is what happened.  

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, Wings said:

A ball gets rolling downhill and often cannot be stopped.  The child can create a false memory if the incident/conversation grows and is repeated often.

Everyone says that children don't lie.  They may totally believe it from having heard it so often.  

• Love 4
58 minutes ago, Wings said:

I like Alec Baldwin but hate his impersonation of Trump.  He does a lousy job! Other comics who do Trump, just imitate Alec doing Trump.   

I liked Darrell Hammond's impersonation of him. I was sad to see him dumped so Alec could take over.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, janie jones said:

I can't stand the My Lottery Dream Home (or whatever it's called) guy.

I don’t hate him, but he seems to be trying too hard.  I do hate the home that the winners are shown & choose to buy.

• Love 4
On 10/1/2018 at 2:01 PM, GaT said:

Nothing will ever make it hard for me to watch Galaxy Quest.

My love for Alan Rickman still beats my dislike of Tim Allen, so Galaxy Quest is still good in my household.

On 10/2/2018 at 7:25 AM, Haleth said:

I can't even watch his Michigan commercials.

They should replace him with Jeff Daniels.

• Love 10
On 10/28/2018 at 12:26 PM, janie jones said:

I can't stand the My Lottery Dream Home (or whatever it's called) guy.

You mean David Bromstad? I liked him when he won the first season of HGTV Design Star, where he showed genuine talent. His first show for the network was only OK. I feel bad that that lottery house show is what he's wasting his skills on nowadays. 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, SmithW6079 said:

You mean David Bromstad? I liked him when he won the first season of HGTV Design Star, where he showed genuine talent. His first show for the network was only OK. I feel bad that that lottery house show is what he's wasting his skills on nowadays. 

I couldn't care less what mutually consenting adults he may be sleep with, but IMO Mr. Bromstad has all the charm and appeal of a gnat in an ear canal. 

• Love 5
21 hours ago, Blergh said:

I couldn't care less what mutually consenting adults he may be sleep with, but IMO Mr. Bromstad has all the charm and appeal of a gnat in an ear canal. 

I haven't seen his latest show but on his original one he was adorable.  Maybe fame went to his head?

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Haleth said:

I haven't seen his latest show but on his original one he was adorable.  Maybe fame went to his head?

I haven't seen the show, but the commercials are obnoxious as hell.  He definitely wasn't like that on Design Star.  I wanted Alice to win, but thought David was talented and charming; here, not so much.

Right after David Bromstad won Design Star, there was a one-off show where we saw David being coached by a woman who kept pushing him to be “more” - louder, more exuberant and ,IMO, more obnoxious.  At the time I thought they were ruining him.  They took a nice guy with a pleasant personality and turned him into an annoying TV “personality”.

• Love 7
On 10/19/2018 at 10:15 PM, Wings said:

I think Dylan was talking to her mom and in the process of reflective listening Mia filled in what she ‘thought’ Dylan was saying.  Children want to please their parents and agreeing with them is common whether they do or not.  A ball gets rolling downhill and often cannot be stopped.  The child can create a false memory if the incident/conversation grows and is repeated often.  I don’t think Mia planted the idea, she incorrectly read into what Dylan was saying and the elaboration began, got legs of its own.   I believe this is what happened.  

Ronan is several years younger than Dylan.  He did not coach her.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Mulva said:
On 19/10/2018 at 10:15 PM, Wings said:

I think Dylan was talking to her mom and in the process of reflective listening Mia filled in what she ‘thought’ Dylan was saying.  Children want to please their parents and agreeing with them is common whether they do or not.  A ball gets rolling downhill and often cannot be stopped.  The child can create a false memory if the incident/conversation grows and is repeated often.   

Ronan is several years younger than Dylan.  He did not coach her.

I don't think anyone is saying that Ronan coached her.  They are saying an idea was planted & was misinterpreted.

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, Tanichka said:

I don't think anyone is saying that Ronan coached her.  They are saying an idea was planted & was misinterpreted.

It has been stated in this thread that Mia and Ronan coached her. Using those exact words.

Edited by Rosiejuliemom
Had to correct myself.
  • Love 6