Type keyword(s) to search

Ugh!: Actors, Hosts, And TV Personalities You Just Can't Stand

• Start Topic

Ree Drummond is straight-up creepy to me, between that demented clown smile and a voice I'd stick my head in an oven to escape from.  Good thing I'd rather eat my cat's food than hers, so I'm not missing anything by not being able to watch her show.  And whenever I read something about how she lives her life (sometimes posters in forums for cooking shows I do watch will make reference to her), I invariably think, "Of course she does."  So, yeah, she's on my list, too.

• Love 8

Whatever the "Judge's" name is on Paternity Court.  I have a lot of tv on when I work from home, and sometimes I am in the middle of something and don't change the channel immediately when this horrible show comes on air.   Just read the results, but no Judge has to question the two parties, getting into when the mother and potential baby daddy slept together.  She'll pull in medical professionals as to whether it's possible to get pregnant given whatever the condition of the day is.  All could be solved by READING THE RESULTS.  Then she feels the need to lecture the parties on how they need to come together for the child, or how the mother needs to find the daddy, or how they need to do something else.  She's just a "Judge".  So sanctimonious.   Read the results, then have it put into the records.  The end.  

Maury does the same stuff, but he's not billing it as a court show and he's not acting like a judge.  Plus, he moves them in and out.  Paternity Court has one reveal per 30 minutes.  I don't understand why people don't go to a real court, or some medical facility.  I guess they want their 15 minutes of fame.

Used to Love the Fixer Upper Couple.  Now they grate on my last nerve.  Chip acts like a damned fool.  Joanna has the same designs, and everything has shiplap.  I now avoid the show like the plague.  

Edited by hoosier80
forgot stuff
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, hoosier80 said:

Used to Love the Fixer Upper Couple.  Now they grate on my last nerve.  Chip acts like a damned fool.  Joanna has the same designs, and everything has shiplap.  I now avoid the show like the plague.  

They are so overexposed these days. I'm glad they've decided to end their show, but I'm sure HGTV will continue to air their reruns for years. 

• Love 3

I really got a kick out of reading all the previous posts about celebs that people can't stand.  It's quite amusing, because there doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason behind it.  You know, sometimes, there is just something about someone that you just can't stand.  We are amazing creatures.  Here are a few of mine:

Jennifer Lopez

Beyonce

Kristin Stewart

Kardashians and Jenners

Angelina Jolie

Kanye West

It's amazing that I made my list, before I saw this.  Apparently, there are popular people to dislike.  What a list to be on, right?

https://www.thecut.com/2013/04/20-most-hated-celebrities-why-we-hate-them.html

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 8
On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 2:15 PM, hoosier80 said:

Maury does the same stuff, but he's not billing it as a court show and he's not acting like a judge.  Plus, he moves them in and out.  Paternity Court has one reveal per 30 minutes.  I don't understand why people don't go to a real court, or some medical facility.  I guess they want their 15 minutes of fame.

That, and instead of having to pay for the paternity test they get paid for it.  Personally, I'm not going to feel sorry for people getting lectured when they get themselves into this situation.

• Love 1

Rose McGowan - I always thought she was kind of weird bordering on obnoxious, but now the sight of her name puts my teeth on edge.  If what she's said about Harvey Weinstein is true, then I'm very sorry for what she suffered and I fully support her right to speak out about it, but does she really have to be so grating and rude about other people?

• Love 16
7 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

Rose McGowan - I always thought she was kind of weird bordering on obnoxious, but now the sight of her name puts my teeth on edge.  If what she's said about Harvey Weinstein is true, then I'm very sorry for what she suffered and I fully support her right to speak out about it, but does she really have to be so grating and rude about other people?

Ah, the old feeling sorry for what an individual has gone through yet STILL not being able to like them, conundrum.  Perhaps, because none of the shows or movies she's been in were of any interest to me, I have to admit I never have seen her outside of snippets so I actually have just a 'meh' reaction to her as a personality.

I guess what you're describing is how I feel re Rosie O'Donnell whom I started out liking but just wound up IMO being rude and grating as a personality. Yes, I do indeed feel sorry for things she has gone through and I really DO hope she finds her peace despite said things (as I do Miss McGowan). However; I can't say I really like her or have any interest in seeing her on TV any more.

• Love 2

I used to like/tolerate Alec Baldwin and Ben Affleck but their creepy personal lives and preening narcissism have put them both firmly in the can't stand column for me. I can agree with their politics but still dislike them as people.

• Love 6

While I can't say the recent allegations re Larry King come as a surprise to me, what DOES come as a surprise is that he's had a career for decades and been lauded by politicians and celebs despite being IMO an inane blockhead!

• LOL 1

An actor I just can't stand, mostly due to his mannerisms as well as appearing slightly slimy/suspicious in interviews is Tim Allen.

I used to enjoy some parts of Home Improvement, but now can't get through it at all, and that is mainly due to him.

Edited by Snipsa
  • Love 11

Great thread!  I have so many.  I'll just start with Bravo: hate Andy Cohen; Nene; Kim Zoloziak; Erika Girardi; Bethany Frankel; Ramona Singer; all the Jersey housewives, Patti Stanger; all the Vanderpump Rules people and so many more. 

• Love 5
On 12/19/2017 at 10:53 AM, proserpina65 said:

I started hating Jeremy Piven long before any harassment allegations came out.  I used to like him, circa Grosse Pointe Blank/Black Hawk Down, but over the years he's just come to be that smug-faced jerk I wanted to punch.

I liked him in Ellen (ironically, it's Ellen DeGeneres whom I couldn't stand then and still can't stand today), but if he's as big a prick in real life as I've read he is, then I guess he does have a Backpfeifengesicht.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, CarpeDiem54 said:

I detest Gayle King.

I feel sorry for her inasmuch as, for all her shrewdness and journalistic skills, she seems to have buried her head in sand re the fact that she's entirely Miss Winfrey's yes-woman (and NOT bestie). I mean, even the recent fete that Miss Winfrey threw for her was JUST to celebrate that fact. I wonder if she's   afraid that if she ever actually stood up to Miss Winfrey or even asked  to  her to tone things down, that Miss Winfrey would just dump her like others who  stood up for themselves against her ego.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Blergh said:

I feel sorry for her inasmuch as, for all her shrewdness and journalistic skills, she seems to have buried her head in sand re the fact that she's entirely Miss Winfrey's yes-woman (and NOT bestie). I mean, even the recent fete that Miss Winfrey threw for her was JUST to celebrate that fact. I wonder if she's   afraid that if she ever actually stood up to Miss Winfrey or even asked  to  her to tone things down, that Miss Winfrey would just dump her like others who  stood up for themselves against her ego.

One of my mother's friends gave her a calendar for Christmas that highlights great African-American women and she saw for the first time that Oprah's middle name is Gail, and I joked that's probably why Gayle is her best friend. Something to remind her of herself.

• Love 4

Ellen is ok to me, but I admit I do not watch her talk show. This new game show she hosts though, from the format to the games to the contestants and , yes, to Ellen as the host, is the most excruciatingly annoying thing that I have sat through in some time. 

• Love 3

I was SO happy when they finally cancelled her syndicated blab show but I know she's got some kinda online option deal which I have zero interest in because I always felt I was getting LESS than my money's worth when I 'd make the mistake of not turning the channel and seeing her for free so why should I PAY to see her again? I'm talking Sally Jessy Raphael who was openly a bully and scold to any and all 'guests' who dared not worship her party line -and, in the latter years, heightened that by hiding behind imposing teen  boot camp drill sergeants when she'd dump on teens who often had LEGIT reasons for their angst!  AFAIC, she made Oprah seem bashful & humble and had all the sincerity of fly-by-night used coffin seller!

• Love 3

I've probably already posted this somewhere, but I cannot stand Steve Harvey on his talk show.  

My mom LOVES him, so I "got" to see him recently as she had the show on in her house.  He comes out with some mini monologue, not funny one bit.  He laughs at his own "jokes" like he's so funny.  And he has to bring up oh that wouldn't get by me (because I'm hood) or I grew up in the hood, then he told someone else he was country.  He said he grew up in West Virginia, but I know I watched a birthday show for him (oh he was completely surprised - right - he's the producer or exec producer of the show, so no way he was surprised, I bet he arranged the whole show himself), and his high school in Cleveland was featured, and they renamed a street for him (like a 1 day deal).  He changes his background to meet the immediate situation or so it seems.

Then he does a matching game with an audience member; if they get so many matched they get $$, etc.   It's not a new concept - I know there are online games that require you do to matches like that.  When he gets into relationship advice, nope, sorry hard pass from me.  And he always seems to tell females that they have to please a man or do stuff for their man.   It just seems so misogynistic to me.

I don't mind him as much on Little Big Shots, probably because the kids are so cute.  He does get on my nerves there, too.  Same routine, old man who doesn't know what, or he's nonplussed by the kids' remarks.  Then, when the kids are doing their talent, they have to show the reaction shots of him standing off to the side, clapping or saying stuff like 'get it girl', etc.  I just find him to be an over the top old ham, using the same old schtick.   I don't mind him on Family Feud, but he seems to be getting really full of himself.  I think that at some point, I won't be able to watch LBS or FF because he'll be so obnoxious.

He seems to put on other personas when he's the Miss USA/Universe host and when he's hosting Show Time at the Apollo.   I may watch Show Time at the Apollo for the acts, but the beauty contests, nah.

I'm at home today and his daytime show just came on, so I had to vent.   

• Love 18

@hoosier80, I have said it numerous times on numerous threads (because it can't be said enough), I can't stand Steve Harvey.

When I used to watch Family Feud, I noticed he treated some of the contestants pretty poorly. It was as if he was agitated with them for no reason. And his thoughts on relationship and women...don't get me started.

• Love 17

I liked Ellen DeGeneres until that whole thing where she and Portia adopted Iggy the puppy, gave him to one of her employees less than two weeks later instead of returning him to the rescue group as they had agreed to in the adoption contract, and then sicced the media on the rescue group when they retrieved the dog from Ellen's employee. She started her show one day with a bunch of melodramatic sobbing and lies about how the group had just ripped this poor dog away from a loving family (in reality, the rescue group had tried to work with the family and get them to go through the normal adoption process and they refused; taking the dog was a last resort), and it ended up with the group having to shut down for a while because they were deluged with nasty calls and emails telling them to give the dog back.

The part of the story that was reported, but not nearly widely enough, was that it wasn't the first or the last time that Ellen had adopted a dog and then ditched it soon after getting it home. She has a long history of doing it. So she can miss me with her, "I love animals, I've devoted my life to animals, oh by the way, have you seen my line of Ellen-branded pet products?" BS.

• Love 15
On 4/13/2018 at 3:28 PM, rcc said:

Steve Harvey is phony and full of himself. Can't stand him and he ruins the shows he's in.

Which is why, at least IMO, Richard Dawson is still the gold standard on Family Feud, and why the O-R 1976-85 ABC one is, also IMO, the gold standard of the entire franchise!

• Love 10

That idiot Steve Harvey has almost ruined Family Feud for me. He thinks every answer is a set up line for one of his typically unfunny bits or one of his hilarious reactions. My favorite thing is when he ridicules the player for what he thinks is a bad answer and its on the board. He's such a moron ! I also  love it when there's a Steve question and they only get 2 out of 8 answers. The question should be " Steve Harvey's a bigger asshole than .... "?

• Love 8
8 hours ago, bmasters9 said:

Which is why, at least IMO, Richard Dawson is still the gold standard on Family Feud, and why the O-R 1976-85 ABC one is, also IMO, the gold standard of the entire franchise!

I still can't believe some executive thought Louie Anderson was a good idea. 

• Love 8
12 hours ago, xaxat said:

I still can't believe some executive thought Louie Anderson was a good idea. 

Or Steve Harvey, for that matter! I had once saw Steve very regularly, and I thought I was enjoying the way he did Feud; then Steve got way out there w/the rough stuff, and I said, never again!

• Love 2
On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 3:20 PM, hoosier80 said:

And he has to bring up oh that wouldn't get by me (because I'm hood) or I grew up in the hood, then he told someone else he was country.  He said he grew up in West Virginia, but I know I watched a birthday show for him (oh he was completely surprised - right - he's the producer or exec producer of the show, so no way he was surprised, I bet he arranged the whole show himself), and his high school in Cleveland was featured, and they renamed a street for him (like a 1 day deal).  He changes his background to meet the immediate situation or so it seems.

I'm definitely no Steve Harvey fan, but to be fair, some people move around a LOT.

• Love 1

Comedy is so subjective, but if I notice that Tracy Morgan has even a small role in something, I won't watch. I have no idea if his excitable shouting is the way he is or a comedic persona, but I can't deal either way.

(TBH, I've only seen him in 30 Rock but he's why I quit that show. It's possible he's a graceful, calm person in other roles.)

• Love 8
On 4/24/2018 at 5:31 PM, 2727 said:

Comedy is so subjective, but if I notice that Tracy Morgan has even a small role in something, I won't watch. I have no idea if his excitable shouting is the way he is or a comedic persona, but I can't deal either way.

(TBH, I've only seen him in 30 Rock but he's why I quit that show. It's possible he's a graceful, calm person in other roles.)

He is not. I think Tracy the "actor" worked well on 30 Rock because Tracy Jordan, the character, was essentially Tracy Morgan. The show needed an obnoxious wild card character. One of the funniest Tracy Jordan moments in 30 Rock is where they just used real life Tracy Morgan interview footage to demonstrate that Tracy Jordan was uncontrollable. I think 30 Rock is probably the best use of Tracy Morgan that I've ever seen.

• Love 5

I've seen him only because the last two minutes of his show gets tagged onto my recording of "Futurama" on Comedy Central, but I can't stand Jordan Klepper. Maybe he's supposed to be playing a character like Stephen Colbert on The Colbert Report, but he just strikes me as a dick.

• Love 4
On 5/1/2018 at 9:05 PM, SmithW6079 said:

I've seen him only because the last two minutes of his show gets tagged onto my recording of "Futurama" on Comedy Central, but I can't stand Jordan Klepper. Maybe he's supposed to be playing a character like Stephen Colbert on The Colbert Report, but he just strikes me as a dick.

Eh.... I just don’t think he’s funny.

Someone I forgot abt disliking is Andy Cohen.  He’s smarmy, know it all, treats do  his audience like idiots, and not a good interviewer.

• Love 13
6 hours ago, roamyn said:

Eh.... I just don’t think he’s funny.

Someone I forgot abt disliking is Andy Cohen.  He’s smarmy, know it all, treats do  his audience like idiots, and not a good interviewer.

Word. Both my mom and I can't stand him. He's a twerp.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, AntiBeeSpray said:

Cannot stand Theresa Caputo (Long Island Medium)... she seems rather whiny sometimes and rather arrogant.

Thank you! Of course, I have strong opinions re that entire concept but I'll forgo bringing them up for the time being.  Let's just say that even the few times I've had to have her inflicted on my set while ads for one her shows came on, she rubbed me entirely the wrong way for the reasons you mentioned in addition to my personal POV re the claims she was making.

• Love 5
19 hours ago, AntiBeeSpray said:

Cannot stand Theresa Caputo (Long Island Medium)... she seems rather whiny sometimes and rather arrogant.

Not to mention being a charlatan preying on emotionally-vulnerable people's credulity.

• Love 20
On 8/21/2017 at 4:54 PM, cynicat said:

Considering all the love that Jerry Lewis is getting since his death, I feel obliged to add him to this forum.  I never found him funny, and he always seemed like a total dick.  

Yeah, he's one of those people that I would look at and think "this type of person will die off and then things may start to get better" I am the opposite of sad that he died. I feel as upset as I did when Roger Ailes died. Aka, enjoy your new hot home for eternity. 

Guess women can finally be allowed to be funny since Jerry Lewis died.  EYEROLL EMOJI

• Love 10