Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E06: Frenemies Of The State

• Start Topic

I forgot this annoyance:  When Vicki was talking to Tamra about David confronting her (Vicki) at the party, she said, "You don't talk to women that way."  Am I just too new fashioned?  I think there are ways that you don't talk to anyone, and maybe this was one of them, but I can't believe it was a greater crime because she's a woman.  Certainly not these days, anyway.

I'm sure if you said that a woman shouldn't be able to run an insurance agency, she'd have a fit and go all Gloria Steinem on you, but profanely accuse her of something [that she did in fact do]?  Completely out of bounds!  You don't talk to a woman like that!

And I don't know how David talks to Shannon, but I think Vicki's conjecture on that matter based on how he talks to Vicki is way off base. 

Maybe I'm still smarting from her idiotic statement last episode (?) where she was bitching about how the "government" wouldn't let a volunteer member of its military move from Oklafuckinghoma back to the O.C.  But she's been bugging more than usual lately.

• Like 1
  • Love 23
1 hour ago, gunderda said:

My massage therapist does it with my massage. It's not traditional cupping where she puts the cup on and leaves it there.  She gets it to suction on and then moves it around - usually my back - but she also does it sometimes on my face/neck on the sinus areas.  I totally love it.  And I'm sure it does have toxin releasing qualities because that's what they say massages do also. 

The first time she asked if she could do it on me I said "is it going to leave a mark!?!" (it doesn't)

And my massage therapist isn't an old chinese man - she's a white girl from new york lol 

Both "cupping" and "massage"increase circulation in the area which helps make you pee more, which helps remove toxins via urine , it doesn't directly remove any toxins from the body via the skin. (For the record, my DIL is a certified Massage Therapist).

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 5

It pains me to admit this, but I recognized "cupping" as something a married couple I know who are into S&M and bondage like to use when they play with their friends.

2 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

And I don't know how David talks to Shannon, but I think Vicki's conjecture on that matter based on how he talks to Vicki is way off base. 

It reminded me of what we heard about Brooks verbally abusing Vicki...

• Love 3
23 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Your clarification of Shannon's comments make sense.  BUT she's still not completely clean to me.  She needs to clarify her comment further because her intent behind that remark was muddy -- to say the least.  

Maybe I missed this about Shannon, but can she be deliberately manipulative?  Is it possible she's manipulating Kelly -- just in a much less obvious way than Kelly is all too clearly manipulating (or desperately trying hard to manipulate) her?

Now, we've seen Shannon manipulate plenty -- but ONLY to the cam -- particularly the way she was twisting David's balls with every TH mention of his affair.  But I don't recall ever seeing her manipulate other cast members.  

So if Shannon is screwing with Kelly, this is something new -- and I'm not sure I care for it.  It would be a very big switch for Shannon, and would make her seem less "genuine" (to me).  I know, I know, as much as any of these Housewives broads could ever be "genuine".  

But Shannon (to me) seemed different in this respect.  Eh, I guess not.  She's gotta go along with Satan Andy's scriptwriters too.  Still, if she now goes along with any manipulations Satan Andy orders her to do, that makes her no better than Tams.  Ugh.  Well, actually, this season Tams has mostly been a nice gal.  So is Shannon gonna morph into the old shithead Tams?  Really?  Oh no!

Not sure this helps but Kelly stated her inspiration for the costume was Cher or Indian.  It sounded like there was a bit of editing around Shannon's comment so I don't believe she was being culturally insensitive (I mean she is no Vicki!).  

I realize who Kelly looks like now.  Guiliana Rancic.  I don't see Shannon setting this up.  The smoking gun Megan was referencing seemed TO ME that Shannon was asked to have her two friends sit and talk with her for filming (production request).  But I also could be seeing something not there because I don't want to believe Shannon is that effin calculating.  She doesn't need to be.  She doesn't need this job.  I did feel a slight sense of empathy for Kelly where she states she has anger issues and is working on it.  Keep working on it!  Off this show.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Giselle said:

Word.  Women shouldn't talk to men the way Vicki did then hide behind their "when it's convenient", warped idea of gentlemanly manners.

I completely agree.

Respect is a two way street.  Of course, no man should every be physical with a woman or verbally abusive.  But at the same time, I've seen women get phyically and verbally abusive with a man and then crya "abuse" when they are in their face like David was.  If we expect our men to be restrained, why does that not apply to women?  

• Like 1
  • Love 8
21 hours ago, Almost 3000 said:

I thought Kelly looked very pretty and her outfit WAS in theme with her long loose hair and in that brown suede mini dress she had a "Charlie's Angles" Kelly or "Mad Men" Megan vibe. Yep, I had a similar dress and wouldn't have worn anything like that Mrs. Roper mess of Shannon's. Shannon was grasping at straws to find something to bad to say about Kelly with her Indian remark and I'm not going to get into that debate. Their fighting just wears me out because Kelly is dumb and fake and Shannon should know by now to just not react to everything.

Oh, and I can't stand Kelly but at least she didn't look a mess like Shannon and Harpo, who couldn't figure out what their theme even was in the first place. They looked like clowns.

Yes, Kelly did look pretty but she opened her mouth and then she looked pretty bad.

• Love 12

Vicki irritates with her wanting recognition for her generous gifts to Briana, the car & now the house.  I think it is nice that Vicki loaned them the down payment money but she didn't buy them a house.

When my hubby & I were first starting out he had student loans so we were hell bent on getting those paid off before buying our first house (at the recommendation of a realtor family friend) Anyway my in-laws were hell bent on getting us to move to the small town my hubby grew up in instead of the high crime city were living in with our new baby (their first grandchild) so when a house came up for sale, that was perfect for us, they offered us the down payment & the mortgage was cheaper than our rent so we jumped on it.  We paid them back a few years later.  My MIL (who likes for people to think she is more generous than she is) was telling everyone in the family she bought us a house.  Which I found out about at a family Christmas when someone said I wish I had a house given to me.  I lost it!  I had made every mortgage payment, paid my taxes & insurance, repairs. etc.  Buying me a house means you paid for it. Not loaning a downpayment, which you were repaid.  I've always paid my own way so it pissed me off & I told her about herself! Besides, we felt like it was between the 4 of us (me, hubby & his parents) not really anyone else's business what our arrangement was.  So Vicki rubs me wrong with that shit!

• Love 24
4 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I completely agree.

Respect is a two way street.  Of course, no man should every be physical with a woman or verbally abusive.  But at the same time, I've seen women get phyically and verbally abusive with a man and then crya "abuse" when they are in their face like David was.  If we expect our men to be restrained, why does that not apply to women?  

Kelly has a domestic violence conviction for attacking her loser husband.

When I saw Vicki getting within inches of David I thought hmmmm. . . .she is trying really hard to have him make a physical gesture.

When defending a loved one, I don't think the sex of the perpetrator matters.  Vicki was trying oh so hard to get David to snap.  Vicki is an ass and shows it at every opportunity.

• Love 21
37 minutes ago, Lucygirl2 said:

Vicki irritates with her wanting recognition for her generous gifts to Briana, the car & now the house.  I think it is nice that Vicki loaned them the down payment money but she didn't buy them a house.

When my hubby & I were first starting out he had student loans so we were hell bent on getting those paid off before buying our first house (at the recommendation of a realtor family friend) Anyway my in-laws were hell bent on getting us to move to the small town my hubby grew up in instead of the high crime city were living in with our new baby (their first grandchild) so when a house came up for sale, that was perfect for us, they offered us the down payment & the mortgage was cheaper than our rent so we jumped on it.  We paid them back a few years later.  My MIL (who likes for people to think she is more generous than she is) was telling everyone in the family she bought us a house.  Which I found out about at a family Christmas when someone said I wish I had a house given to me.  I lost it!  I had made every mortgage payment, paid my taxes & insurance, repairs. etc.  Buying me a house means you paid for it. Not loaning a downpayment, which you were repaid.  I've always paid my own way so it pissed me off & I told her about herself! Besides, we felt like it was between the 4 of us (me, hubby & his parents) not really anyone else's business what our arrangement was.  So Vicki rubs me wrong with that shit!

When our son got engaged and they were looking to buy their first house before the wedding, my husband/I gave our son the down payment, it was a gift and we have never claimed we "bought" them the house. Oh, and they found the house, had us look at it but they made the decision, not us. We just gave him some money to help, nothing more. LOL

• Love 12

If I were Briana and Ryan I would be offended because Vicki was the one who needed them in OC and the purchase was premature in that Ryan had not been discharged.  He still hasn't been discharged. Getting your kids a home, and requiring them to make two house payments is irresponsible. "Buying" them a house that requires $50,000.00 and months (the house was purchased in November and is still not ready) of renovation is really poor financial planning.  Briana was a good egg for moving back to Califodnia but the compensation she must have received form the show cannot be overlooked.  I doubt they would have been able to swing two house payments on Ryan's salary.  They then had to pop for airfare back and forth from OKC to OC. Vicki is being her usual braggart self and once again making irresponsible real estate purchases.  See Season 3 with Jeana Keough when she bought a house that later became a short sale. 

• Love 5

Kelly is literally the least likable person on Bravo. I watch all of the shows because, well, I'm a loser, but I think she's really the least sympathetic, amusing, or engaging of any of them. I think I like her less than everyone on Vanderpump Rules and I hate almost all of them. She makes Jax and Sheena look like nice people. She's also really disturbing to look at. She looked okay on WWHL but she was so nasty, it was not fun to watch. I'm glad someone mentioned how awkward it was and it seemed even Andy disliked her. She had an attitude and I thought her attempt to imitate Shannon really fell on angry ears. I would feel bad for her if she weren't so outrageously unsympathetic. Please, people, get her off my screen.

Her family is creepy. Her husband looks more like a pedophile to me. That mother is sad to me. The brother is slimy. I won't mention the kid as she's a kid. But they need to be kind and get her off TV. That's all I'll say. She needs to go back to the private sector. 

I am shocked how she makes me like everyone besides her. Vicki seems like a desperate fool to get next to that. This is truly groundbreaking. Someone less likable than Kenya Moore. It's a milestone in Bravo history.

Edited by Roxy
  • Like 1
  • Love 21
On 8/2/2016 at 1:39 PM, scenicbyway said:

I fast forwarded through the Kelly parts.  Why is she interesting?  I don't care.

I fast forwarded through Shannon's cupping and Meghan's speech. Both were too painful for me to want to watch. Kelly is heading that way, too! I'll be watching this show in 10 minutes soon!

• Love 8
On 8/1/2016 at 11:51 PM, RedheadZombie said:

i just can't like Kelly's white on white on White House. (Oh FFS autocorrect has changed it four damn times!). It's lacking in warmth and character.  It's almost soulless.  

You could be describing Kelly herself right there. All I can say is blow up sex doll lips lucked out snagging someone with money because she to me is not pretty and is dumber than a box of rocks!

Edited by Texasmom1970
  • Love 3

Briana's little speech about how so many people her age are having a hard time buying houses in the OC because of the price just made my eyes roll back in my head.  Seriously?  Yes, real estate is expensive in the OC (and lots of other places), but she wasn't exactly looking at a starter house.  That wasn't a 3 bedroom ranch, or a townhouse or whatever.  That's a big house, and then she's doing a ton of work to it right away, which is more than a lot of people would be able to afford.  And she's 29.  So, my heart doesn't bleed for her when she's not able to afford a fully renovated McMansion right away on just her salary.

• Like 1
  • Love 19
12 hours ago, Lucygirl2 said:

Your mother in law sounds a little like my mother in law.  Loves to just lie through her teeth about generous she is, when the reality is she is fairly miserly and her children have given her far more then they have received.

6 hours ago, smores said:

Briana's little speech about how so many people her age are having a hard time buying houses in the OC because of the price just made my eyes roll back in my head.  Seriously?  Yes, real estate is expensive in the OC (and lots of other places), but she wasn't exactly looking at a starter house.  That wasn't a 3 bedroom ranch, or a townhouse or whatever.  That's a big house, and then she's doing a ton of work to it right away, which is more than a lot of people would be able to afford.  And she's 29.  So, my heart doesn't bleed for her when she's not able to afford a fully renovated McMansion right away on just her salary.

Ryan and Briana can not afford, on their own, the lifestyle to which they have grown accustomed (to quote the hideous Mama Joyce from RH of Atlanta).  Briana can make good money as a nurse, but her health probably keeps her from working.  They would probably do alright in a low cost of living place, but not the O.C.  However, it does not seem to occur to Briana to downsize or live more modestly.

I do not think she is spoiled, she just does not have a realistic vision of what an average young couple in their age group (without parental assistance) can afford.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, smores said:

I hate to break it to poor little Briana, but young people have struggled to buy homes from time immemorial.  Does she think previous generations just waltzed into whatever houses they desired and set up housekeeping?  A whole lot of couples sacrificed for years just to have enough for a down payment on a modest house -- seriously sacrificed.  Spare me the sob story, Briana.  

• Love 15

Even a thousand-plus miles away, Jimmy still can't feign an iota of interest in his wife or marriage. Pissy ol' bitch.

Boohoo, mommy only co-signs for and pays the down payments on my cars and houses. Shut up, Brianna.

• Love 6
17 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Kelly has a domestic violence conviction for attacking her loser husband.

When I saw Vicki getting within inches of David I thought hmmmm. . . .she is trying really hard to have him make a physical gesture.

When defending a loved one, I don't think the sex of the perpetrator matters.  Vicki was trying oh so hard to get David to snap.  Vicki is an ass and shows it at every opportunity.

Agreed!  If you expect to not have someone yell at you, you best not move inches from their grill and yell/say disparaging stuff about them and their loved ones.  AND if you are a known cheater (Brooks, missing teeth Greek guy, Mexico guy Tamara spoke of) keep your lips zipped and don't call someone else out.  At least David only cheated with one person presumably (not that it excuses it but not a serial cheater like Vicki).  I thought David handled it pretty well.  I  would not expect him to walk away from the screaming banshee that is Vicki.  She is so smug and guilty of what she accuses others of I want someone to lay her out with a powerpoint presentation of her suckitude.  

• Love 18
7 minutes ago, jaync said:

Even a thousand-plus miles away, Jimmy still can't feign an iota of interest in his wife or marriage. Pissy ol' bitch.

Boohoo, mommy only co-signs for and pays the down payments on my cars and houses. Shut up, Brianna.

But Vicki's not really paying for the down payment.  She has stated, as has Brianna, that as soon as their house in OKC sells, they are paying Vicki back.  And I haven't heard anything about Vicki co-signing their loan and you just know she would be mentioning that as well.  Vicki doesn't do anything if there's not a way for her to spin it in a favorable light for herself.  

• Love 6
On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 10:16 AM, Giselle said:

Word.  Women shouldn't talk to men the way Vicki did then hide behind their "when it's convenient", warped idea of gentlemanly manners.

Vicki needs a permanent set of pearls around her neck so she can clutch them as needed.  Then she can go back to telling people her boobs want to come out to play, screeching "WOOHOO!" and downing more cocktails than a frat party. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I doubt that there has ever been a generation that doesn't think they have had it the hardest when it comes to things like student loans and house buying.

As the mom to a high school senior, this generation *has* had it harder with student loans. I put myself through college (at a very good state school) and there is no way my daughter can do it. Tuition is 10 times what it was when I graduated.  It has increased much faster than inflation.  Now I'd say house buying is a different story. It seems like a lot of younger people want to skip the starter house stage and move into neighborhoods that it took older people 20 years to get into.

• Love 11

But Vicki's not really paying for the down payment.  She has stated, as has Brianna, that as soon as their house in OKC sells, they are paying Vicki back.

Still, Vicki fronted the money, which made it possible for there to be a house in the first place. That's nothing to sneeze at, and could be construed as her "getting" the house for them. (I don't recall Vicki claiming she was gifting anything, but maybe I missed it.)

• Love 1

Does anyone here know Meghans fertility Dr's name? I could swear I saw him on Flipping Out earlier tonight. Is it Dr Potter? I'll never rest until I find this out. (yeah i'm a little crazy) Thanks in advance to anyone who can keep me from going nuts.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, MadLove said:

Does anyone here know Meghans fertility Dr's name? I could swear I saw him on Flipping Out earlier tonight. Is it Dr Potter? I'll never rest until I find this out. (yeah i'm a little crazy) Thanks in advance to anyone who can keep me from going nuts.

Yes it's the same doctor.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, jaync said:

Still, Vicki fronted the money, which made it possible for there to be a house in the first place. That's nothing to sneeze at, and could be construed as her "getting" the house for them. (I don't recall Vicki claiming she was gifting anything, but maybe I missed it.)

Because Vicki was insisting that Brianna move back to the OC before Ryan was discharged from the Marines.  Not only that but Vicki has repeatedly said that she "bought" Brianna and Ryan a house.  She did not.  She is not making the mortgage payments, she is not paying the property taxes or making the insurance payments.  Fine, she made the down payment but you can't call a LOAN a gift.  If you are being paid back the money it was never a gift.  Vicki herself has said that they are paying her back the down payment once they sell their house in OKC.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

As the mom to a high school senior, this generation *has* had it harder with student loans. I put myself through college (at a very good state school) and there is no way my daughter can do it. Tuition is 10 times what it was when I graduated.  It has increased much faster than inflation.  Now I'd say house buying is a different story. It seems like a lot of younger people want to skip the starter house stage and move into neighborhoods that it took older people 20 years to get into.

They objectively do have it harder. I graduated from high school 20 years ago. I managed to get a bachelors degree, attend a couple years of med school, get a masters degree, and a law degree and not crack 6 figures in student loan debts. I was the exception among my friends. I was lucky because I lived at home for parts of my schooling and I applied for nearly every scholarship I saw. I have a ton of friends who got a bachelors degree and a law degree or a masters from good, but not prestige, schools and easily had debt of 100K to 200K. I can't imagine what it must be like for a kid who is graduating now. Even if a kid attends a state university, they can easily walk out of school with well over 100K in debt. The salaries for many professions have not kept pace. These kids walk out of school with crushing debt and negligible salaries and aren't in a position to save money for a home.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, slitz said:

ecause Vicki was insisting that Brianna move back to the OC before Ryan was discharged from the Marines.  Not only that but Vicki has repeatedly said that she "bought" Brianna and Ryan a house.  She did not.  She is not making the mortgage payments, she is not paying the property taxes or making the insurance payments.  Fine, she made the down payment but you can't call a LOAN a gift.  If you are being paid back the money it was never a gift.  Vicki herself has said that they are paying her back the down payment once they sell their house in OKC.

Exactly. It could be considered very nice to loan a relative the down payment for a home. But for one, I have a feeling Vicki leaped in before telling her daughter. And the main issue is the way it's being presented. Like she GAVE them something. A gift isn't repaid. Can't she just  say, "I loaned them the down payment for a home so they don't have to wait until their OK home sells before getting settled out here"? Oh, that's right. Because casseroles. 

• Love 6
  On August 4, 2016 at 2:33 AM, smores said:

I hate to break it to poor little Briana, but young people have struggled to buy homes from time immemorial.  Does she think previous generations just waltzed into whatever houses they desired and set up housekeeping?  A whole lot of couples sacrificed for years just to have enough for a down payment on a modest house -- seriously sacrificed.  Spare me the sob story, Briana.  

I think her comment reflected the comparison between homes in the OC and the homes in Oklahoma. In Oklahoma, a $300,000 is a mini-mansion. In the OC, it's a starter home.

• Love 3

That's a big house, and then she's doing a ton of work to it right away, which is more than a lot of people would be able to afford.

Yep. Also, unless she's making several casseroles on the regular, why does she need two ovens?

Because Vicki was insisting that Brianna move back to the OC before Ryan was discharged from the Marines.

It doesn't matter how much Vicki insisted, Brianna's the one who decided to move when she did. 

If you are being paid back the money it was never a gift.  Vicki herself has said that they are paying her back the down payment once they sell their house in OKC.

Right, just as in the flashback, Vicki said Brianna would be making the following payments on the Mercedes(?). So, Vicki isn't the one claiming the items are gifts. Anyway, the bottom line is, Vicki has aided in getting Brianna vehicles and a house, and Brianna chose to accept them of her own free will.

• Love 3
On August 3, 2016 at 8:49 PM, Roxy said:

Her family is creepy. Her husband looks more like a pedophile to me. That mother is sad to me. The brother is slimy. I won't mention the kid as she's a kid.

They ALL give me the creeps.  What the hell happened to her mother?

• Love 6

I thought an actual funny moment in this episode was when Meghan said she thought she looked like a prostitute at the restaurant in DC and Heather replied that she wouldn't mind if people thought she was. LOL. 

• Love 6

Guess I'm in a handbasket for one, but I don't find Brianna's kids cute in the least. They look like tiny pinched-faced buzzcut versions of their father to me. They're a big bland ball of 'meh IMO, and I'd be ever so happy if they weren't forced to the forefront to humanize and take the heat off the 'ho wife, much like Phaedra & her crotchfruit over on RHOA. 

I call shenanigans on Troy getting that key himself and getting in the car. I also thought they were SUPER neglectful letting those little boys run around that work site! WTF?? Running down unfinished stairs, tripping over bricks. That was just stupid to have them there, and extra stupid to not have them in hand, if in fact they had to be there.

Still have unresolved feelings about Shannon, but they're improving. I did like her not holding back and busting out that "who the fuck do you think you are" to Kelly - you could see in her face she was shook, like she started a knife fight with some OC California cream puff and found out she was fighting a mid-western gal with a gun.

I'm certain about my feelings for Kelly - she's a stupid racist thirsty ass _____ - but her house is everything. I love almost every bit of the clean spare whiteness, and am jealous beyond words of the indoor/outdoor living room overlooking the beach. Life just isn't fair.

Harkening back to previous thread - this "she's so ghetto" bullshit sits exactly the same with me. There's nothing ghetto about any OC bitch. Call it trashy, if anything. Ghetto folks have it hard enough without being tagged and blamed with the behaviors of spoiled trashy white women with too much time on their hands. 

• Love 16

I am with SnarkKitty on Brianna's kids...they remind me too much of their father.  I hate that Brianna is sick and hope that her health turns around soon.  However.  Life is all about choices.  She chose to marry someone she hardly knew, she chose to have two kids right away, she chose to be snotty about moving to Oklahoma (what did she think being a Military Wife was all about)?  So, she needs to live with her choices.  I don't think I have ever seen her smile very much...even when she was first on the show as a teen/college person.  If she is not happy, then DO something about it instead of the constant stink-eye and complaining.  And no, I don't mean her illness.  I used to look forward to Vicky, but I usually turn the channel whenever I see her or her sad-sack of a daughter.  Please, please don't make Brianna a Housewife.  Or even a friend of.  She will be doing herself a huge favor if she would take some time to see what SHE really wants out of life and what would make her and her children happy.  You know, I can't think of a more deserving mother&son-in-law combo than Vicky and Ryan.

• Love 12

Those kids are the spittin' image of their father.  I'm sure the contractor was a nervous wreck having a preschooler and toddler running around an active construction site.  There's just no excuse for it - particularly when you have a Bravo entourage everywhere you go and surely someone could watch them outside while the adults were inside. How 'bout Vicki keep the kids in the yard while Brianna discusses things?  Oh, wait. It's not really just Brianna's house, it is Vicki's, so that won't work. She deserves what she gets in terms of interference from Vicki. You take the help and strings are attached with Vicki. That's just the way it works.

• Love 5

When I saw Brianna's kids in so many cutsie scenes, I figured Vicki wanted them there to give her a story line and to divert attention away from the Brooks issue. Now she has this positive spin to her time on the show. Judging by some positive posts here regarding the kids, it seems that the tactic may be working. It would also explain her pushing Brianna so hard to move back to OC right when they began filming the new season.

The scene  with the kid locking himself in the car seemed staged to me. I find it hard to believe that they'd let the kids run around the jobsite completely unsupervised like that. Vicki's dumb enough not to realize how horrible it looked to imagine they were so unsupervised. I think she figured it would be some sort of comical situation that would make everyone love her and bring her casseroles.

• Love 3

What the hell happened to her mother?

Heh, the woman does look rode hard and put up wet. Ever since the Jerri Blank comparison (kudos to the poster who made it), when she's now onscreen I think "She likes the pole, and the hole..."

Vicki's dumb enough not to realize how horrible it looked to imagine they were so unsupervised.

Brianna, too, since they're her children. (I'm down with Owie, though...I swear that kid gave a side-eye and a smirk in one scene a couple of episodes back.)

• Love 2
On 8/5/2016 at 11:45 AM, HunterHunted said:

They objectively do have it harder. I graduated from high school 20 years ago. I managed to get a bachelors degree, attend a couple years of med school, get a masters degree, and a law degree and not crack 6 figures in student loan debts. I was the exception among my friends. I was lucky because I lived at home for parts of my schooling and I applied for nearly every scholarship I saw. I have a ton of friends who got a bachelors degree and a law degree or a masters from good, but not prestige, schools and easily had debt of 100K to 200K. I can't imagine what it must be like for a kid who is graduating now. Even if a kid attends a state university, they can easily walk out of school with well over 100K in debt. The salaries for many professions have not kept pace. These kids walk out of school with crushing debt and negligible salaries and aren't in a position to save money for a home.

Yes, colleges are too expensive however Brianna and many people her age are under the false impression that they have to have double ovens and live in luxury neighborhood.

For all her fault, Vicky put two kids thru colleges.

100 k in debts in state schools??

Live home and save your money. Tuition is around 10k per year.

Going away is not a birthright,lol

• Love 6
3 hours ago, LIMOM said:

Yes, colleges are too expensive however Brianna and many people her age are under the false impression that they have to have double ovens and live in luxury neighborhood.

For all her fault, Vicky put two kids thru colleges.

100 k in debts in state schools??

Live home and save your money. Tuition is around 10k per year.

Going away is not a birthright,lol

I put myself through school. My "home" was wherever I was paying rent.  And of course it isn't a birthright to go away but I've had the experience of both going to a commuter school and going away to a college town. No comparison in terms of the "experience" and the education and prestige at the "away" school was far superior for the same (or even less) tuition. 

• Love 2
On 8/3/2016 at 7:49 PM, Roxy said:

Kelly is literally the least likable person on Bravo. I watch all of the shows because, well, I'm a loser, but I think she's really the least sympathetic, amusing, or engaging of any of them. I think I like her less than everyone on Vanderpump Rules and I hate almost all of them. She makes Jax and Sheena look like nice people. She's also really disturbing to look at. She looked okay on WWHL but she was so nasty, it was not fun to watch. I'm glad someone mentioned how awkward it was and it seemed even Andy disliked her. She had an attitude and I thought her attempt to imitate Shannon really fell on angry ears. I would feel bad for her if she weren't so outrageously unsympathetic. Please, people, get her off my screen.

Her family is creepy. Her husband looks more like a pedophile to me. That mother is sad to me. The brother is slimy. I won't mention the kid as she's a kid. But they need to be kind and get her off TV. That's all I'll say. She needs to go back to the private sector. 

I am shocked how she makes me like everyone besides her. Vicki seems like a desperate fool to get next to that. This is truly groundbreaking. Someone less likable than Kenya Moore. It's a milestone in Bravo history.

Kelly is pretty terrible and she does manage to make everyone else more likeable. However, I currently find Reza Farhan and Lydia Schiavello more odious. Reza pathologically eviscerates one or more of his castmates every season, gets amnesia, and tries to rekindle the relationship on the next season. Last season Reza said his fiancé was terrible in bed, cheated during his bachelor party, left his fiancé the day before the wedding, and went on the honeymoon with his friends. This season he's been claiming that his castmate doesn't have rheumatoid arthritis. While she, unlike Brooks, has not only provided medical records, but had people accompany her to her doctor's appointments. Lydia is a moron and an unrepentant racist who thinks her condescension and racism is both charming and benevolent.

The only person I feel for in Kelly's family is her poor daughter.

• Love 4
On August 2, 2016 at 1:53 PM, ScoobieDoobs said:

OK, I wasn't watching too closely, but was Shannon's Indian comment to Kelly bigoted?  Kelly was calling various people ugly last ep.  Which of course was nasty & idiotic & ridiculously childish.  But did Shannon imply Kelly looked like an Indian -- and was ugly because of that?  Because if she did that, Shannon just lost me FOREVER!!!!!  

Sure, what Kelly said was like the rantings of a 5 year old.  But Shannon may have revealed herself to be deeply prejudiced.  Did I misunderstand what Shannon said?  Totally confused.

Oh God, this was such a shitty moment for me. I LOVE Shannon and that includes all of her infantile appeals to David to defend her DURING a screaming match (which really tested my threshold) but the Indian comment was super alienating. You could just feel all of the air coming out of the Shannon-fantasy.  Broke my heart.

Just now, runforcover said:

Oh God, this was such a shitty moment for me. I LOVE Shannon and that includes all of her infantile appeals to David to defend her DURING a screaming match (which really tested my threshold) but the Indian comment was super alienating. You could just feel all of the air coming out of the Shannon-fantasy.  Broke my heart.

I interpreted Shannon's comment about Kelly's Indian costume more in the vein of "what does an Indian costume have to do with the 70s?" But I can easily see how it could be interpreted as implying that Indian was ugly. The arguments were all over the place. It's quite possible that I missed something.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, HunterHunted said:

I interpreted Shannon's comment about Kelly's Indian costume more in the vein of "what does an Indian costume have to do with the 70s?" But I can easily see how it could be interpreted as implying that Indian was ugly. The arguments were all over the place. It's quite possible that I missed something.

I didn't even think about that. Hmmm, I hope this is true. But either way it was taken up badly in the TH.  

1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

That comment was ambiguous. It is either racist or stupid. Either ways, not Shannon's shiniest moment.

i can't believe that she is an attorney as she gets flustered so easily.

• Love 2

I watched this again last night as I was dozing off. I noticed that the Vicky/Tamra interaction seemed very uncomfortable. Tamra wasn't feeling it & I could tell she was doing it as an obligation. She didn't want to be there. Vicky was talking to her as she normally would and Tamra came off as "meh". No energy from her.

• Love 3