Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E06: Frenemies Of The State

• Start Topic

On August 5, 2016 at 6:53 PM, AuntieDiane6 said:

I think her comment reflected the comparison between homes in the OC and the homes in Oklahoma. In Oklahoma, a $300,000 is a mini-mansion. In the OC, it's a starter home.

Honestly, $300,000 won't even buy a condo the OC. $300K doesn't get you anything in coastal/near coastal SoCal. Probably not even more inland.

My husband and I often talk about moving somewhere where it's more affordable, where both of us wouldn't have to work as much. The reality is, we like SoCal. If not here, then back to NYC area, where I'm from. Either way, we're SOL.

• Love 3
On 8/5/2016 at 7:35 PM, jaync said:

Yep. Also, unless she's making several casseroles on the regular, why does she need two ovens?

I don't know about you but I know that for myself two ovens would be incredibly helpful.  There are lots of dishes that I make that require different temperatures.  Having a second oven would make my life so much easier sometimes.  So if Brianna wants a second oven and can afford it, I say go for it.

• Love 8
13 hours ago, LIMOM said:

That comment was ambiguous. It is either racist or stupid. Either ways, not Shannon's shiniest moment.

i can't believe that she is an attorney as she gets flustered so easily.

Shannon's an attorney?!?! This is the first I've heard of this.

• Love 3
On 8/2/2016 at 0:45 PM, Scottish Girl said:

As a lapsed Catholic, I just have to say, that I HATE when Vickie does the Sign of the Cross. She did it after the baby unlocked the car door and she's done it several times in the past. It's a little thing, but another reason to dislike her. She's not Catholic...at least not anymore. I don't think she should use Catholicism in her race towards the dramatic. The only time she's ever done it is to show how upset SHE was. It's a special thing.

I've been with you on that, Scottish Girl, for a while -- it really bugs me too.  It's SO disingenuous of her to use it as a cheap, silly mannerism that's merely an attention-seeking ploy to her.  Plus when she's doing it, her hand looks like a wet dishrag that doesn't even make contact with the stations of the cross.  It's obvious she has never been taught the proper way to do it, which indicates to me that she's never been Catholic to begin with.  So phony baloney and not fooling anyone.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 7
On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 10:32 PM, HunterHunted said:

Kelly is pretty terrible and she does manage to make everyone else more likeable. However, I currently find Reza Farhan and Lydia Schiavello more odious. Reza pathologically eviscerates one or more of his castmates every season, gets amnesia, and tries to rekindle the relationship on the next season. Last season Reza said his fiancé was terrible in bed, cheated during his bachelor party, left his fiancé the day before the wedding, and went on the honeymoon with his friends. This season he's been claiming that his castmate doesn't have rheumatoid arthritis. While she, unlike Brooks, has not only provided medical records, but had people accompany her to her doctor's appointments. Lydia is a moron and an unrepentant racist who thinks her condescension and racism is both charming and benevolent.

The only person I feel for in Kelly's family is her poor daughter.

You meant "Kelly", not "Lydia" right?

• Love 2

Nice to see someone associated with this franchise doing something:  http://www.latimes.com/business/realestate/hot-property/  It seems all these women do these day s is buy houses or remodel.  Congratulations to Alexis it sounds like a nice home. 

So far we have Heather, Shannon, Meghan, Vicki, Briana all talking about buying selling and remodeling. 

Not to be left out-the 10 most interesting things in Heather's house:  http://www.architecturaldigest.com/story/heather-dubrow-new-home

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 4
On August 7, 2016 at 6:41 PM, LIMOM said:

100 k in debts in state schools??

Live home and save your money. Tuition is around 10k per year.

Going away is not a birthright,lol

No, but some people don't have the option of going to a decent school that is close enough to allow them to live at home, if they even want to. I couldn't have. The state schools in Michigan, yes with room and board, are around $25K a year.  $15k of that amount being tuition. Considering the cost of books, and the fact that more often than not, it is taking kids longer than 4 years to get a degree, and $100K in debt is easy to fall into. 

• Love 5
On August 8, 2016 at 1:54 PM, HunterHunted said:

Shannon's an attorney?!?! This is the first I've heard of this.

I believe this is a rumor, or that someone got the story very wrong. I think it came from someone posting that she had briefly gone to law school, or that she had once worked for an Attorney. She was never one herself. 

15 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

My parents have two ovens and use them all the time. My mother loves to cook, so she is often baking dishes at different temps.

I would give up everything in my kitchen except my double ovens.  It's silly to some I know. It's one of those things that I didn't know I had to have until I actually had it. Now I seriously look back and wonder how I ever lived without them.

• Love 4

After looking at Heather Dubrow's home theater I had to wonder if I could think of that many people to invite over to watch a movie. 

I feel like a Dubrow, I am having my master bath gutted and remodeled, getting rid of that huge soaking tub (which is never used except to catch all my hair from blow drying), it is over whelming to look at all the options I can have done in that space...I have to hand it to Heather for making all the design choices, granted an unlimited budget doesn't hurt. 

Do we have a betting pool going to see how long they actually stay in that house?

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

Lordy those lips!!  And the huge veneers!!  She does this thing with her upper lip sometimes in her THs that I swear makes her look like Mr. Ed's little sister.

The baboon lips and the horse sized veneers give Kelly the unintended look of having a receding chin.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I believe this is a rumor, or that someone got the story very wrong. I think it came from someone posting that she had briefly gone to law school, or that she had once worked for an Attorney. She was never one herself. 

I would give up everything in my kitchen except my double ovens.  It's silly to some I know. It's one of those things that I didn't know I had to have until I actually had it. Now I seriously look back and wonder how I ever lived without them.

Shannon said she went to law school on Heather's radio show and she finished.  This was discussed on the Shannon thread forever when some poster kept insisting she walked out of a mental institution to marriage.  She then sold for a transportation company and said she made a lot of money.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Shannon said she went to law school on Heather's radio show and she finished.  This was discussed on the Shannon thread forever when some poster kept insisting she walked out of a mental institution to marriage.  She then sold for a transportation company and said she made a lot of money.

So both of you are right. Shannon went to and graduated from Law School but never practiced law. Did she ever say why she never practiced law after graduating?  I find that interesting, Aviva did the same thing, law school, graduated but never used her law license as an Attorney.

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

That's what I thought. The rumor for some reason ended up being that she had been a lawyer. 

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

So both of you are right. Shannon went to and graduated from Law School but never practiced law. Did she ever say why she never practiced law after graduating?  I find that interesting, Aviva did the same thing, law school, graduated but never used her law license as an Attorney.

I think she said she went to work for a Fortune 500 company.  It is not uncommon for people to go to law school and land a job in another area and not bother to take the bar.  Depending on when Shannon graduated it could have been during one of the glut periods in the legal profession in California.  So why go to work for $30,000.00 a year when you can go to work for $50,000.00?  (I am talking 25 years ago dollars.)

I haven't a clue about Aviva's legal career. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

After looking at Heather Dubrow's home theater I had to wonder if I could think of that many people to invite over to watch a movie. 

I feel like a Dubrow, I am having my master bath gutted and remodeled, getting rid of that huge soaking tub (which is never used except to catch all my hair from blow drying), it is over whelming to look at all the options I can have done in that space...I have to hand it to Heather for making all the design choices, granted an unlimited budget doesn't hurt. 

Do we have a betting pool going to see how long they actually stay in that house?

From the looks of Heather's bathroom and the seating area she could have a second home theatre and have a couple of friends over. 

Best of luck with your remodel.  I never got the thrill of having a stand alone tub because they add a lot of extra cleaning around the base and especially claw foot tubs and I like some sort of water resistant wall area be it tile or marble in case the hand held shower gets frisky.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

We're planning on a remodel of our kitchen and a second oven is the only thing that I have said is a must-have.  If I could, I would trade my dishwasher for it to get it now...and I HATE washing dishes by hand.

• Love 4
On August 9, 2016 at 7:32 PM, WireWrap said:

Well, that puts both ladies ahead of Craig Conover on "Southern Charm". His drama included supposedly preparing for the bar exam but during the reunion it came out that he failed to get the credits he needed to finish law school. He walked at graduation but still hasn't finished some sort of thesis, so it's been 3 years since graduation and still no law degree.  

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 4
On 8/3/2016 at 7:15 AM, slitz said:

It's even worse than that.  Both Vicki and Brianna have stated in their TH's that once Brianna and Ryan sell their Oklahoma house, that money will be used to PAY BACK the down payment to Vicki.  So....how is this a gift?  I swear, Vicki's perception of what constitutes a gift or what is deserving of a casserole makes my head spin.

Didn't you know narcissists don't really give gifts?  They make deals that they take credit for as gifts.  And don't try to say it isn't a gift, either or you'll get an earful about how ungrateful you are when they were being so good to you.

• Love 9
On 8/3/2016 at 8:33 AM, slitz said:

Not sure if other's commented on this already, but I'm pretty sure Meghan's mom meant to say grandchild...because really, how many women can say they were present for the conception of their grandchild?  None I hope.  And I need brain bleach now.  *shudders*

If you were married to Warren Jeffs, there is a decent chance that grandma is in the next room.

On 8/3/2016 at 9:15 AM, slitz said:

It's even worse than that.  Both Vicki and Brianna have stated in their TH's that once Brianna and Ryan sell their Oklahoma house, that money will be used to PAY BACK the down payment to Vicki.  So....how is this a gift?  I swear, Vicki's perception of what constitutes a gift or what is deserving of a casserole makes my head spin.

This is Vicki's modus operandi. Here's a Mercedes that I got for you as a gift. You have to make the monthly payments. I'm not surprised that Brianna and Ryan have to pay back the down payment. Fucking typical.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

Didn't you know narcissists don't really give gifts?  They make deals that they take credit for as gifts.  And don't try to say it isn't a gift, either or you'll get an earful about how ungrateful you are when they were being so good to you.

2 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

This is Vicki's modus operandi. Here's a Mercedes that I got for you as a gift. You have to make the monthly payments. I'm not surprised that Brianna and Ryan have to pay back the down payment. Fucking typical.

Yes, this is typical Viki.  My comment was in response to another poster stating that Vicki making the down payment could be construed as a "gift".  If you are paying someone back, sorry it's not a gift.  It's a loan, plain and simple.  And I'd be more than happy to tell Vicki that face to face.

2 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

If you were married to Warren Jeffs, there is a decent chance that grandma is in the next room.

And now I need the brain bleach again.  Thanks for that.  *shudders*

• Love 3
On 8/4/2016 at 8:58 AM, Snarky McSnarky said:

I hate to break it to poor little Briana, but young people have struggled to buy homes from time immemorial.  Does she think previous generations just waltzed into whatever houses they desired and set up housekeeping?  A whole lot of couples sacrificed for years just to have enough for a down payment on a modest house -- seriously sacrificed.  Spare me the sob story, Briana.  

Damn right!! We bought our home in an OC beach town during our 3rd year of marriage and still live in it today after raising our 3 kids here.  We did get help from FIL -- he donated his real estate commission on our purchase.  But we lived here for 7 years(!) before we could afford proper draperies in the living room. Before that, we had bed sheets covering the windows.  And we felt LUCKY!

• Love 3
On 8/11/2016 at 0:30 PM, slitz said:

Yes, this is typical Viki.  My comment was in response to another poster stating that Vicki making the down payment could be construed as a "gift".  If you are paying someone back, sorry it's not a gift.  It's a loan, plain and simple.  And I'd be more than happy to tell Vicki that face to face.

Vicki's gift was 1% interest on the loan for a house Brianna and Ryan may not have purchased if they had the sole decision making power. Vicki could have charged 4% interest, but she wanted to give this gift to Brianna. I kid of course, but Vicki continues to frame it like the entire home was a gift. The gift was a 0% (I hope) interest loan. No one would have thought less of Vicki if she had said that she was helping with the down payment until Brianna and Ryan get on their feet and pay her back. A 0% loan is not an insubstantial gift, but Vicki loves to portray herself as richer and more magnanimous than she actually is.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 6
On 8/9/2016 at 3:31 PM, Giselle said:

The baboon lips and the horse sized veneers give Kelly the unintended look of having a receding chin.

She should get a chin implant to compensate for the lips and veneers.  It's like an arms race--nobody wins.

On 8/11/2016 at 9:15 AM, HunterHunted said:

In a documentary I saw on FLDS, I remember something like a bed in the middle of a big room, where Jeffs had sex with girls, with people acting as witnesses.  So there's a decent chance grandma was in the same room. 

• Love 2
On August 9, 2016 at 0:13 PM, ghoulina said:

Why are there bowling balls in her fireplace? 

I think they are cannon balls. Yuk yuk.  Pretty sure it's a gas fireplace we can't have wood burning in new homes here in California.  That house of Brianna's reminds me of one we leased in Thousand Oaks years ago and I bet it's  million seven at least.   It would be more in Silicon Valley.   I  rent a 1,000 sq ft 1958 duplex and it has a double oven one has paper towels and the other 5 cans of hot cocco.   Wonder why Jeff Lewis is not doing the make over I thought Vicki was his buddy. 

On a serious note can someone refresh my memory how a belly button disappears? 

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

I  rent a 1,000 sq ft 1958 duplex and it has a double oven one has paper towels and the other 5 cans of hot cocco.   

Repurposing! Love it.

On a serious note can someone refresh my memory how a belly button disappears?

Tamball's story is that she had an emergency hernia operation and her belly button was sacrificed in the course of this dramatic and life-saving event. The other line of thought is she had a discount tummy tuck and alas! this result. Since Tams has demonstrated throughout the years that she's a first-class bullshit tosser, I'm leaning toward the latter.

2 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

In a documentary I saw on FLDS, I remember something like a bed in the middle of a big room, where Jeffs had sex with girls, with people acting as witnesses.  So there's a decent chance grandma was in the same room. 

Wh-a-a-t? Ew, that's a head shaker.

• Love 2

That "entertainmem/home theatre" in the Dubrows home is so hideous.

I might be alone here on my thinking and that's ok, but if I go to some allegedly wealthy person/friends mansion for an evening of drinks and delicious food, the LAST thing I want is to be ushered into a home theater for a 2 hour movie.

If you've got the enormous amount of money the Dubrows have, you better forget the movie and usher me into a private room with Maxim Chermkovsky (you know, the hot sexy Russian pro dancer from dancing with the stars).

How insulting that a host/hostess can't think of ways to entertain their guests other than a stupid movie. Fine if the party is for kids but I hate movie theaters private or public and most movies such lately. 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

True story but when this story made the news, I was working in as a legislative aide. There were committee hearings and press releases all over the place. There were cameras everywhere. Footage of me, during those hearings, made national and international news. I got messages from friends and family about how intense I looked during those hearings. I was reading Gossip Girl books. It's callous, but my area expertise never covered protective services. I'm not going to say that I flat out ignored the hearings, but I didn't put nearly the same amount of effort than if it was one of my subject matters of expertise.

Also yeesh to the imagery of that grandma was there during the bedding ceremony.

• Love 1

I would give up everything in my kitchen except my double ovens.  It's silly to some I know.

I don't think double ovens are silly at all. It's just that given how put out Brianna seems with having two toddlers, working multiple nursing jobs, and her health problems, I didn't figure her to be an avid cooker/baker (is she avid about anything other than being distressed?). Anyway, if she and Ragey are able to remodel their kitchen to accommodate two ovens, then more power to them.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, jaync said:

I don't think double ovens are silly at all. It's just that given how put out Brianna seems with having two toddlers, working multiple nursing jobs, and her health problems, I didn't figure her to be an avid cooker/baker (is she avid about anything other than being distressed?). Anyway, if she and Ragey are able to remodel their kitchen to accommodate two ovens, then more power to them.

Resale, think resale! LOL It could be nothing more than Briana is thinking resale down the line. Oh, and Briana isn't working at all right now because of her illness so she may enjoy baking/cooking for her family when she is able to.

• Love 2
On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 2:41 PM, chenoa333 said:

I might be alone here on my thinking and that's ok, but if I go to some allegedly wealthy person/friends mansion for an evening of drinks and delicious food, the LAST thing I want is to be ushered into a home theater for a 2 hour movie.

If you've got the enormous amount of money the Dubrows have, you better forget the movie and usher me into a private room with Maxim Chermkovsky (you know, the hot sexy Russian pro dancer from dancing with the stars).

How insulting that a host/hostess can't think of ways to entertain their guests other than a stupid movie. Fine if the party is for kids but I hate movie theaters private or public and most movies such lately. 

What struck me as odd, is the entire 18 seat combo seems dated.  Now they seem to have couches as well as recliners in theatre rooms, so people can actually converse instead of file into a movie theatre with comfortable seats.  .  I am sure what they show for the most part are their E-vine gigs, "Botched" and its' related spin-offs and highlights of Heather on RHOC. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

What struck me as odd, is the entire 18 seat combo seems dated.  Now they seem to have couches as well as recliners in theatre rooms, so people can actually converse instead of file into a movie theatre with comfortable seats.  .  I am sure what they show for the most part are their E-vine gigs, "Botched" and its' related spin-offs and highlights of Heather on RHOC. 

We saw a scene of Heather talking to the contractor saying she wanted couches and seats but laid out differently than they way they had them before. The contractor said something about umpteen seats and Heather intimated that was way to many. So now I find it funny that is exactly what she now has.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

It did seem a little dated. I'm sure Terry is busy showing episodes of Botched, Botched by Nature, the Swan, Bridalplasty, E-Vine, and his highlights from RHoOC. It's the reason he opted for the traditional movie seats. He doesn't want to encourage any discussion or conversations when his guests should be mesmerized by him, Terry Dubrow. The Star!!!

Looking at some of the other pictures of Chateau Dubrow, I was a little bit surprised to see that the outside of the house was that Italianate architecture, when the interior decor was transitional/contemporary. It seemed like a little bit of a mismatch.

I don't think I would mind being invited over their house for a movie, provided it's not "movie/TV show" starring either of them. My mom lived in New York during her young adulthood and made a bunch of friends in the TV and film industry. If my house in western Pennsylvania had a bunch of screeners floating around, I've got to imagine that the Dubrows have some ability to get screeners of movies before they come out too.

• Love 1
On 8/12/2016 at 2:41 PM, chenoa333 said:

For that you probably have to party at Mohammed's in BH :).  He had that private room off the pool or wherever it was.

Great idea Natalie! I could definitely see myself lounging poolside at Mohammeds. Hoping I would maybe catch a glimpse of Yo Ho.  

And I must get myself a teacup dog like Lisa VDP. I would love to show up with a tea cup pit bull adorned with a 24 K gold collar!

Yes, I know there is no such thing as a tea cup pit bull (I pray)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

I would love to show up with a tea cup pit bull adorned with a 24 K gold collar!

Yes, I know there is no such thing as a tea cup pit bull (I pray)

Split the difference: bigger than a teacup, smaller than a pit bull and a love nugget for eternity.

8611c3a9d085f3404157948d3778a3c9.jpg

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, steelcitysister said:

Split the difference: bigger than a teacup, smaller than a pit bull and a love nugget for eternity.

8611c3a9d085f3404157948d3778a3c9.jpg

Love. Love, Love English Bull Terriers!

We're looking into getting something a bit bigger a bit more lazy, a Dogue de Bordeaux. We've decided to be ok with slingers.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 2

Look Brianna can have 6 ovens for all I care. Pretend double sinks in the "en-suite" are a matter of life and death. Demand stainless steal like its you're birthright. You do you. And if you is a basic bitch OC housewife...well, thank you for confirming a call I made when you were 16. I'm happy you're getting the life you want. But do not, I repeat DO NOT, expect that I am going to spend even a second feeling bad for you because of the fancy life your mom dumps on you. Just have a seat with that nonsense. If you don't want the house, don't take the house. Otherwise shut up and sip you pumpkin spice latte in you granate kitchen until you figure out a way to make you "needing" a new car, or a job for your husband, or a family vacation your mom's fault.

So, Kelly and Shannon. I don't really believe either of them? I think Kelly's a crazy bitch, but I also think Shannon had some sort of half baked plan to embarrass her that night.  

• Love 1