Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E13: Steel Calzones

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, Maire said:

I don't think Bethenney is as sad about Brynn being with her ex and the in laws (who we've seen are over the moon about her). I think B realizes they would have access to her fortune through Brynn and that she can't abide.

Also what's BB endeavors? That's who B called to speak to her employee.

Basic Bitch endeavours? who knows. And Bethenny is 100% worried about Brynn being with Jason's family. She doesn't want anyone to have access to Brynn who might undermine Bethenny's attempts to turn her into a brittle, skinny little mini-me. 

10 hours ago, WireWrap said:

In her blog she claims it was a "joke" but I'm not convinced it was. I do think Jules was trying to avoid eating anything, I think the stress of her failing marriage and being on the show may have been too much for her. That doesn't excuse what Bethenny/Carole said to her, the "verb" comment or the "weight" question though. They don't need to up her stress factor, it will only make it worse and Bethenny (out of all of them) is well aware of that.

I would bet that the marriage problems &c have brought her back to an active phase with her disorder.  From what she said in her early season convo with Bethenny, she clearly has a well developed intellectual understanding of how the disease operates in terms of being something she'll always have to be vigilant about, but even if she's usually in a place where she's capable of taking care of herself, everything going on in her life right now has jarred her out of it. 

Plus, it's really a perfect storm of a situation in some ways -- she's going through a lot of changes that can throw healthy people off their feed, and she can let herself think that's what's happening. She's dealing with an impending breakup and the loss of financial stability, and when you're sad and worried, you lose your appetite (you also, if you have an ED, convince yourself that you couldn't make your relationship work and so you don't deserve happiness or food [vodka is fine]). She's stressed from a really high velocity new job and all these insane women, and the edge from that can make you not want food (plus, if you have an ED, you want new people to see you at your best, not mawing a bunch of food like an animal [drinking is elegant and fine]). She's on Adderall, which can suppress your appetite (but that's just a side effect sometimes!  it's not why I'm on it!). 

8 hours ago, ivygirl said:

I love that, in the Sonja purge scene, Dorinda was wearing a "What are you doing here without Dorinda?" shirt!

I also love that editors at Bravo only blurred it about 2/3 of the time! Did they let the interns cut the episode, or did someone let a few frames "slip" to get it in? 

31 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

I thank the merciful heavens that I chose to take the dog outside during what must have been the "bloody pillow" scene. **full body shudder**  I think I speak for most - if not all -- of us when I quote my beloved Valerie Cherish from The Comeback: "I don't wanna SEE that!". 

The existence of the bloody pillow was disgusting, but it didn't look like a prop from Carrie or anything. If she hadn't been all "LOOK, LOOK AT MY BLOOD ON THIS PILLOW!!!" I would have thought Brynn spilled Kool-Aid on it. (oh, who the fuck am I kidding -- like she'd let Brynn drink Kool-Aid). 

Apparently I'm in the minority on this one, but Dorinda's Coat of Many Colors GAVE ME LIFE. It was insane, gorgeous, '70s luxe glamour. Mary Tyler Moore or Marlo Thomas would have rocked the shit out of that thing. Dorinda probably shouldn't have worn it with the white bell bottoms, though. 

Also loved? Jules' peach top at Luann's party. Ramona's dress at LuAnn's party. Heather's cap while ice skating. LuAnn's red power lip. 

And I am officially on team no one as far as the Lu vs Bethenny/Carole situation. They're all acting unhinged, and whenever one of them is actually in the right, they're all expressing it in nastiest possible way. I'm prepared to change on this again next week or the week after, but right now if I saw any of them, I'd set them on fire. 

• Love 17
23 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

I'm going to go ahead and disagree with this a little bit.  Jule's ED DOES impact the NY HW's when she's baking silverware into food they are all sharing. Thank goodness Carole cut it all up to reveal what was inside. Not like someone was going to take a full slice of a calzone with an entire fork in it but still, that's nuts. Also, didn't Jules, in her conversation with Bethenny about her ED, tell her that she WANTS people to tell her when she's slipping back into old patterns about food?  I don't get all the hate for people actually doing what she asked. 

Amen to this. She did tell Beth that she needs people to be honest when they think she is slipping. Can't say that and then be upset when folks are honest. The thing is, her deal with the ED impacts them in a way. She told Carole that she is looking to be a role model with regard to her recovery. She wants to be the voice of what it looks like to recover from an ED. Well, she clearly isn't in recovery, and I wouldn't want to have any part in her making people think that this is what recovery looks like. It would just be flat out irresponsible to ignore her behavior. She is clearly not being honest, and it is beyond scary to watch. It might not be nice to point out, but FUCK nice. This shit could kill her. 

• Love 17
(edited)

I got up to the point of the show when I saw Carole ask Jules how much she weighed. Then I changed it. No thanks! Luckily, I have all of you to provide the details of the rest of the episode!

Carole and Bethenny sound like those girls in high school who get irrationally jealous whenever another girl one-up's them. Even if that girl has a serious problem, it doesn't matter to C&B. All they see is competition. They're thinking like teenagers. Grow up. The world does not revolve around your vagina, B.

Couldn't imagine Carole asking Bethenny how much she weighs or vice versa. And I don't believe for one second Carole didn't know that she wasn't supposed to ask Carole's weight, especially from someone who gets badgered about her own weight. It blows my mind how insanely hypocritical B&C are when it comes to judging others to a certain standard, while absolving themselves of that same standard.

Edited by chipsnsalsa
  • Love 17
(edited)
9 hours ago, HumblePi said:

Jules taking Adderall is a surprise because I don't know what doctor in their right mind would give her Adderall. It's for ADHD in kids usually but it's also one of the most widely abused drugs. It does increase dopamine levels and can trigger euphoria which I can see in Jules. She does have some major issues and it's not only anorexia. Carole is also right that some people take it specifically to lose weight because it kills a person's appetite.

Carole would know since her besty Beasty Bethy is the poster woman for Adderrall.  I couldn't stop laughing when Carole said "she had read" about Adderrall making people lose weight.  Yes, Carole, did you also "read" that it makes Bethy talk a mile a minute? 

For people with ADHD, Adderall does not make them crazy and like they are hopped up on speed.  For Bethy, it makes her lose weight and accelerates her speed talking and nastiness.  I don't know if Jules has ADHD, but neither does Carole.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 18
11 minutes ago, abbottrabbit said:

I also love that editors at Bravo only blurred it about 2/3 of the time! Did they let the interns cut the episode, or did someone let a few frames "slip" to get it in?

Sonja's interns? ;)

Sonja *is* the one who said it... Maybe she's demanding a cut? Either that or next season we'll see some Sonja version of it. :)

• Love 1

Heather!!! Holla!!

1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

I even saw her appear to take a deep breath before sharing a bite of Carole's pizza. 

9 hours ago, HumblePi said:

Check out Jules face when the pizza come and she almost cringes taking a piece.  

8 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Jules  calzone masterpiece was one of the weirdest things I have ever seen. The pained expression she had on her face while trying to take a tiny bite of that pizza was so disturbing

It was nice to see Heather and Carole are still good friends. I was wondering if Bethenny and Caroles ass kissing friendship would have caused a problem ,  good to see it hasn't.

Yes, it was. And I rewound that scene a couple of times. She makes a cut, then leans in slightly, backs up again and takes a little breath and exhales, then puts it in her mouth. That was a lot of extra drama for someone who has no problem. And baking all that crazy shit in there wasn't a joke, it was meant so she had a good excuse not to eat it, ha ha ...?  That said, I don't think she's a mean person, just needy. But I can't feel too bad for these folks, there's a reason you don't see my ass on reality tv, because my business is mine. Can't join the freak show and then complain the rest of the freaks are behaving badly.   

It was immediately obvious how real the friendship is between Carole and Heather, vs the relationship Carole has with Bethenny.

44 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

Loved seeing my girl Heather again 

I agree that -- given Carole's cold responses thus far - Luanne probably needn't try to apologize "one-on-one" or push a friendship with her at this point. In other words, shut up, Ramona.  I wouldn't compare it to the Lisa VP and Eileen situation though, as the "infractions" made by Lisa VP and Luanne are wildly different.   Lisa VP made one off-handed comment that Eileen took and ran with. Luanne went on a weeks (or was it months?) long social media rampage against Carole and verbally attacked her, as well. 

9 hours ago, ninjago said:

I feel like Luann has extended herself to appease what she sees as Carole's outsized anger and she's just not going to go any further.  It reminds me of LVP and Eileen: You have reason to be angry at me and I have apologized sincerely, but the level of my offense does not warrant me having to contort myself into a pretzel for you to accept my apology.  

Hey, mama! :) That's what I'm talking about, (IMO) Louann hasn't yet sincerely apologized to the level of her actual offense or has tried to make any amends in a real way. It's always a joke. However, the truth is she doesn't really give a fuck about making up with Carole, she's just trying to be on trips and in scenes with her and Bethenny for camera time. So she should either suck it up and act her ass off, or let it go and say screw it. Which leads to:

6 minutes ago, FanOfTheFans said:

I don't think it's any coincidence that Lu's feeling her oats in regards to Bethenny.  Lu about to marry into money has given her the courage to speak out against Beth.  I saw shades of Lu the snob last night. Not that Carole and Beth don't have it coming but I still was reminded of the old Lu last night. . 

Yaass! She is feeling her Tom oats, and his declarations of wanting to marry her had her right back on her Countess-ness. Because before that, she was whining and crying and bringing gifts to other people's birthdays for Bethenny. Which I'm sure Bethenny couldn't give a damn about Louann's trip. But it was very telling as soon as she got her footing and could brag about marrying her "millionaire" (so crass, Louann) she was all "fuck Beth and Carole." 

• Love 20

When Ramona walks into Wild and asked Jules how her Jay Jay was she looked straight down at Jules crotch.  Errrrmmmm….were you hoping for a shot of bruised hoohah? That crazy bitch cracks me up! Like a Foin Woin I gets crazier with Toim

Carole/Bethenny’s reaction to Jules at Wild…my uneducated on the subject ass would have been 1000 times worse.  I would have been horrified and would likely have asked much more insensitive questions because the girl keeps talking about how open she is with her eating disorder.  I would have said why did you do that and not tell me before I started eating from it? It reminded me of the time Alexis Bellino poured ketchup over the dessert so she would not eat it.

Did Jules say that Carole told her to take more Adderall?

I don’t think this will play out well for her during divorce proceedings.  Anything Midget Mike supposedly has done has not been filmed, we only have Jules stories about it. I can him using footage from this show and spinning it to show her lackluster parenting skillz. I.e. when interviewing the nanny she is asking about standing in line for a sample sale as opposed to child care.

She called Rio “butthole” when Dorinda was over at her place.

Why was Sonja’s basement “unfinished”? Didn’t the ex buy this place and once lived there with her and their daughter? All those stuffed animals should have been given to Kelly and her glue gun Bensimon so that she could make some sofa chairs.

• Love 4

What a bitch! Carol doesn't have a storyline, either because she's too boring or because she refuses to be transparent and therefore shares nothing, so she makes Jules' eating disorder her storyline. She doesn't give a flip about Jules, please!  Her true colors show when she makes all the snide remarks about Jules in her confessionals. Butt out Carole and worry about your own weight.  And get your own damn storyline. 

• Love 18
1 hour ago, islandgal140 said:

You should and could make a killing if marketed correctly. Dorinda's technicolor dream coat is a Missoni. Retailed for around $2600 US Dollars but is now half price, but oops, Dorinda might have brought the last one because it is sold out! Sorry ladies.

http://www.missoni.com/it/missoni/donna/cappa_cod41532267jg.html

I just sold my mom's zig zag 60-70s colored afghans on eBay. Should have made them into capes!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, esco1822 said:

I'm going to go ahead and disagree with this a little bit.  Jule's ED DOES impact the NY HW's when she's baking silverware into food they are all sharing. Thank goodness Carole cut it all up to reveal what was inside. Not like someone was going to take a full slice of a calzone with an entire fork in it but still, that's nuts. Also, didn't Jules, in her conversation with Bethenny about her ED, tell her that she WANTS people to tell her when she's slipping back into old patterns about food?  I don't get all the hate for people actually doing what she asked. 

Carole said on WWHL that its frustrating talking to Jules because its: OK to talk about ED but don't talk about ED. Ask her about ED but don't ask her about ED. Probably why most people chose to sweep issues under the rug to get along. 

• Love 11
11 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

In the preview, Ramona's reaction to Sonja saying she and Tom have been friends with benefits for 10 years is priceless.

Even better is Lu's reaction to the reaction.  

Spoiler

I'm finally happy again and you bitches can't be happy for me!    Baby the man you're about to marry may have a chronic monogamy problem, as testified to by not one but two of your inner circle friends.   Expecting them to pom-pom you seems a little can't see the forest.    Although, given Lu's history, fuck it they might be perfect for each other. 

I think her first apology to Carole was a kanyeshrug.  The next one was too late and on the heels of a giggly sorry for calling you a *pedifile* so it fell on deaf ears, but it was heartfelt.  I agree that if Carole doesn't want to take that, and that's the best it's going to get because Lu said everything you should in a sincere apology, then I stand with her while she empties her mason jar of fucks. 

2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Wow, Jules has really lost it. This was painful to watch. I do think her pain meds for her hurt vagina caused her to act a bit crazy, but I also see a woman really struggling to hold on. I get wanting to prank them by putting something funny in her calzone, but forks and measuring cups? In an oven??? That could have ended badly. 

Also, they does she keep showing everyone pics of her busted vagina?? Delete that shit.

But yea, homegirl is a mess. She said she sees a therapist 3/week? But there's NOTHING to talk about? BS. Someone doth protest too much. Also, why is she on Adderall? It's not helping. You know, any of these things on their own, could be explained away. But the Adderall, the smoking, the messing up her food - it DOES seem like she is still in the throws of her eating disorder. I even saw her appear to take a deep breath before sharing a bite of Carole's pizza. 

That being said, I don't think it was appropriate for Carole to make all those comments to her right then and there. In front of everyone. It would come better in a one-on-one moment, and maybe from someone closer to her, like Dorinda. Poor girl. I don't know if she'll ever stop being in denial. With all that's going on with her husband, I imagine that's causing her disorder to really spiral. Food is something she can control. 

And what a prick Michael is! Doesn't answer for hours on end, then shows up at 8'clock at night when she's in the hospital! Ugh, he sucks. 

So yea, I can see why Jules is annoyed at Carole, but I did not take B's comment the same way she did. I didn't think she was saying that she questions Jule's integrity. That she's not smart enough or enough of a good friend to accompany her to the doctor. I think Bethenny was simply remarking on the hilarity of them both having busted vaginas at the same time. That's all. But Jules is in a dark place right now, and I understand her being overly sensitive. 

Of course Ramona stole a plate. Of course she had somewhere to be after. 

And she needs to quit playing mediator! I don't care whether Lu has apologized enough or not, I don't even think Beth and Carole WANT anything more from her. Ramona is just taking it upon herself to keep pushing things. It's obnoxious. I just think she's so happy to not be on the outs with anyone, and is trying to keep it that way. If she straddles the fence and acts like a big peace-maker, she's safe. 

Sonja's basement was a treasure trove of comedy! Crutches, extra nose hair trimmer, presents for newborn babies! She really IS a hoarder! I need more of Dorinda forcing her to throw shit out. 

I have nothing really to say about Bethenny's health issues. She is apparently fine now, and everyone handles stuff like that in their own way. I did think her interactions with her driver were adorable.

I thought Jules might've been joking and laughing and high and quirky until I saw her try and take a bite.  Then I was like well hell maybe the girl's full.  But.  You're just not gonna through all those face aerobics if you're stuffed.  It's clear that she's struggling daily to manage her relationship with food.  I'm sad for her.  To even have to think about it all the time like that.    That said, Beth and Carole are the last two skeletons on earth qualified to point at another muffucah's bones.   They're using a thing she told them in a moment of intimacy to beat her over the head with and it's not her fault.  Shitty as hell.  Grown ass 50 year old women, with the opportunity to be gracious instead.  That said, I never ever want to see her to wear an off the shoulder top again, that was tough to look at. 

Jesus, please be a highlight reel of all these moments for Jules' divorce hearing. 

20 minutes ago, chipsnsalsa said:

The world does not revolve around your vagina, B.

This just made me laugh hard.

11 minutes ago, SnarkKitty said:

Heather!!! Holla!!

Yes, it was. And I rewound that scene a couple of times. She makes a cut, then leans in slightly, backs up again and takes a little breath and exhales, then puts it in her mouth. That was a lot of extra drama for someone who has no problem. And baking all that crazy shit in there wasn't a joke, it was meant so she had a good excuse not to eat it, ha ha ...?  That said, I don't think she's a mean person, just needy. But I can't feel too bad for these folks, there's a reason you don't see my ass on reality tv, because my business is mine. Can't join the freak show and then complain the rest of the freaks are behaving badly.   

It was immediately obvious how real the friendship is between Carole and Heather, vs the relationship Carole has with Bethenny.

Hey, mama! :) That's what I'm talking about, (IMO) Louann hasn't yet sincerely apologized to the level of her actual offense or has tried to make any amends in a real way. It's always a joke. However, the truth is she doesn't really give a fuck about making up with Carole, she's just trying to be on trips and in scenes with her and Bethenny for camera time. So she should either suck it up and act her ass off, or let it go and say screw it. Which leads to:

Yaass! She is feeling her Tom oats, and his declarations of wanting to marry her had her right back on her Countess-ness. Because before that, she was whining and crying and bringing gifts to other people's birthdays for Bethenny. Which I'm sure Bethenny couldn't give a damn about Louann's trip. But it was very telling as soon as she got her footing and could brag about marrying her "millionaire" (so crass, Louann) she was all "fuck Beth and Carole." 

I really should just wait to see if you post, then I don't have to type so much.

First of all, Sonja has a basement.  In Manhattan.  Girl, mazel to that.   I can't even be mad at the hoard.  I have the same Costco based problem.

• Love 17
36 minutes ago, SnarkKitty said:

Heather!!! Holla!!

Don't we all want a bit of "FU" money? Really, just for at least one thing, come on...

• Love 7

I loved Dorinda's Missoni cape, but I also have a decent amount of it myself. I have a couple of pieces from their Target collection and quite a few pieces that I've picked up at outlets and consignment shops. Everyone went a little bonkers for their Target collection. I think both Bethenny and Kyle Richards were tweeting about how it was sold out in the stores.

One of the most interesting aspects of this season is that we have events where it doesn't seem like we have a hostess or if we do she's only nominally the hostess. Who was the hostess of the pizza making party? Or when they went to Sushi Roxx? LuAnn was the hostess of the second event, but it didn't look like she put a ton of effort into it. Carole was the hostess for the dog wedding, but she did no planning or logistics for it. I actually like the change. When the show had these obvious contrived events, it would always highlight to me that these people are coworkers not friends. But increasingly the events feel like a group of women in the same social circle who are friendly.

• Love 4

Carole was pretty straightforward last night on WWHL, she claimed she and Luann had discussed the issue at the Reunion, at Bethenny's party and she made it clear that she would not be friends with Luann but perhaps friendly. Carole also mentioned that Bethenny's rant was okay because it had already been said and she stands by Bethenny and Bethenny's delivery is not hers.  She also said she did not expect Ramona to carry their conversation back to Luann.

If Carole was fine after the Reunion with speaking her piece, and fine with how things stood with Luann at Bethenny's BBQ.  So I guess I am confused when Carole claims Luann should have spoken with her one on one.  It is either fine or needs work and it is really on Carole to convey via text or e-mail that there needs to be further discussion.  If Carole is saying her filming with Luann is conditional on a one and one she needs to convey that sentiment and not put the onus on Luann.  Same with the incredibly impolite move of not RSVPing.  She and Bethenny can't bloviate over Luann behaving like the Countess regarding manners when they willfully refuse to follow a very basic tenant of etiquette of accepting or rejecting an invite. Basically, Carole wants Luann to the heavy lifting so she can sit back and say how insincere Luann is.

Carole dodged the question of Sonja being iced and chose instead to say how enjoyable she was when not drinking, then acknowledged she had stopped drinking and would not say why she wasn't invited. In short she was a really boring guest.

During the after show someone called in asked Carole what she was about to say in Dorinda's room before she was interrupted.  She claims of friend of hers called the day before the Berkshires trip and relayed that Luann had been at a rooftop bar and another friend was on the phone with the man trying to figure out how to get out of Luann's clutches.  She went on to say the behavior was similar to Luann and her 2 1/2 year relationship with Jacques and the pirate.  I may be lost here, but I cannot imagine there is a man alive that cannot extricate himself from a social situation.  The fact he called a friend connected with the show asking for advice reeks a bit of maybe the man being a bit of a fameho and wanting to insert himself into the story.  Carole then went n to say she was glad she didn't say it on air and Andy looked at her like she was daft because she had just put the story on the air.

I will say when someone called in and asked Carole if she thought Thomas and Luann would make it down the aisle, she seemed quite genuine in her affirmative response.  Almost a glimmer of someone being supportive of another cast mate's real life.

What wasn't addressed was Ramona calling Carole insecure and referencing she was without children.  Wasn't that a huge misstep of Luann's last year? 

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I loved Dorinda's Missoni cape, but I also have a decent amount of it myself. I have a couple of pieces from their Target collection and quite a few pieces that I've picked up at outlets and consignment shops. Everyone went a little bonkers for their Target collection. I think both Bethenny and Kyle Richards were tweeting about how it was sold out in the stores.

One of the most interesting aspects of this season is that we have events where it doesn't seem like we have a hostess or if we do she's only nominally the hostess. Who was the hostess of the pizza making party? Or when they went to Sushi Roxx? LuAnn was the hostess of the second event, but it didn't look like she put a ton of effort into it. Carole was the hostess for the dog wedding, but she did no planning or logistics for it. I actually like the change. When the show had these obvious contrived events, it would always highlight to me that these people are coworkers not friends. But increasingly the events feel like a group of women in the same social circle who are friendly.

Girl remember? It was so bad that Target had to abandon the sale.  It was slated to go 2 days but baybay? When them doors opened?  It was Pamplona up in that piece.  Target Corporate was like no the fuck ya'll will not tear our shit up lol.   I wasn't thinking, I could've made a killing on eBay but by 11:30 there wasn't a mug, scarf or lonely ole Missoni mitten to be had.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, trimthatfat said:

Bethenny looking at her bloody pillow in disgust and telling her driver, Kevin, to do something about it is the weirdest thing I've seen in a LONG time. Just wtf all around. I hope that he paid very generously for the job - I know he has stories to tell when he goes home at night. Kevin deserves a hug.

Jules is very odd. I thought her joking about putting pills in the pizza was just bizarre. She seemed completely serious. On a side note, I hate seeing people waste food when so many around this world go without. She could have made the calzone genuinely and brought it home to her husband and kids to enjoy. Ugh.

Agree, it really bugged me. Plus, you're at someone's place of business. Please don't put their utensils etc. into their hot oven without their knowledge. Just all around weird. 

• Love 8
22 minutes ago, Otherkate said:

Agree, it really bugged me. Plus, you're at someone's place of business. Please don't put their utensils etc. into their hot oven without their knowledge. Just all around weird. 

Yes! I feel for her because she is going through something very serious off-camera with her marriage and eating disorder, but come on. Her behavior is just inappropriate. Someone could have taken a bit of her utensil-calzone and chipped a tooth.

I forgot to mention Bethenny's breakdown about a living will and blah blah blah. Like, girl...get it together. I have no doubt that she has a will in place and that it has been in place since Brynn was born. I'm sure the second her marriage was over, she took Jason off of her will. She continues this "I'm so alone" narrative and it's just exhausting to hear her talk about it. I get feeling alone and not having an extended family to turn to, but when she did have access to a family via Jason, she acted like they were evil people. If the divorce hadn't gotten so ugly, I think they would have been more than happy to support her at this time.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, esco1822 said:

Putting the cutlery inside the calzone was really weird but it wasn't dangerous unless someone picked it up whole and/or raw and bit into it. They all touched the toppings (fillings in this case) with their bare hands before baking but baking in the pizza oven would have killed any germs on all of the pizzas and Jules calzone.

Yes, Jules did say that she wants her friends to be honest with her and help keep her ED in check but neither Bethenny or Carole are friends with Jules, they barely know her. Bethenny has first hand experience with ED and knows upping the persons stress factor is not going to help, it will do the opposite. Bethenny and Carole were just using Jules illness for sound bites for themselves, not to help her at all.

• Love 13
8 minutes ago, lunastartron said:

It's not about being "nice." It's about exercising some compassion and common sense vis-à-vis a fellow human being afflicted by a primarily self-destructive illness - not to mention one that's married to misogynistic societal pressures and body ideals.  

How else are you going to distract people away from your own story lines (mostly being mean girl bitches) than by pointing out and mocking others' issues?

• Love 13

From Alex's ep review:

Though the chance of fatality is very, very low, the idea of bleeding out on the table never occurred to Bethenny, so now she's freaking out. In this moment, we are all Bethenny, insisting that we're fine while bawling to our friend on the phone.

Here's the thing, though.  She's crying to her friend about being alone, having no family, etc.  Her friend offers to come over, and Bethenny tells her "No."  She only allowed Dorinda to accompany her to the Dr. after Dorinda basically insisted.  Until she recognizes that she has no one in her life because she actively pushes them away, nothing will change.  

• Love 10

I almost fell of my chair when Sonja DYED her dog.  A dog is not an accessory, you do not DYE YOUR DOGS.

These people are the most irresponsible pet owners, Ramona's dog that craps everywhere, Carole and her pretend (borrowed dog) and now a DYED dog.  Sad to say Bethenny's Cookie is the most "normal" dog.

Last weeks ridiculous parade of backyard bred dogs prancing around in clothes to raise awareness for "puppy mills" (where I bet half came from made me want to vomit. 

I show dogs (my dog actually got a Group 2 at Westminster this year) and I would never sell a dog to any of these ass clowns (believe me when I say it is easier to get a mortgage then a dog from me the few times I breed).  It is bad enough they are irresponsible with themselves but a dog is not a purse or a toaster!

• Love 15

I've always been a cynic and skeptic about these shows.  Always aware the TH's are done months after the fact and that they do play around a bit with scenes/timelines to develop/manipulate a story.  But it wasn't until a few episodes that I saw something so glaringly off (the scene with Beth and Carole chatting about their love lives on Bethenny's bed) that it really struck me as odd and I became a bit obsessed with trying to figure out what the hell was going on here.  I like puzzles and trying to solve them so this became a bit of a puzzle for me.  Looking at instagram accounts of the cast and the people in their lives (Adam is quite helpful because he didn't get the memo to hide the fact the two couples went on a NY's getaway together).  

I'm not going to write a novella laying everything out because I know it was insane to actually spend the time I did researching this shit and enough is enough.  What I will say is I have no doubt in my mind the scene in the bedroom where Bethenny admits she is dating someone and how it is serious AND the scene in the car with the bloody pillow are without a doubt filmed AFTER this show started airing on TV and people started questioning her. In edition scenes that took place weeks apart were edited and spliced together to create an impression that poor Bethenny was on her deathbed and all Luann cared about was herself and whether she was invited to a trip.  All to make Bethenny look better.  

I also think when Ramona said to Luann that this was turning from Sonja being frozen out to Luann being frozen out is there for a reason.  There is a skinny girl  event that took place about 16 weeks ago where all the women, Sonja as well, are present.  All but Luann.  There was always only a few weeks between Ramona's holiday party where Luann apologizes to Beth and Carole on that sofa to the scene we saw last night.  In that time Carole and Beth spent up to week in the Bahamas with their men. And Beth was jetting all over the place launching her skinny girl products (this, btw, during the week she was so deathly ill that Dorinda had to go to the dog wedding to tell them all the Mexico trip was cancelled) which ended with a trip herself to Mexico.   During those weeks Bethenny let Luann know at that showdown over wine that Carole didn't want her to come on the trip, didn't want to be around her.

So I'm not entirely sure when Luann was supposed to take Carole out for tea when it's a short time frame and Carole and Bethenny made it clear Luann wasn't wanted.  And yet Luann still invited both of them to that thing last night, to which they never replied. Luann isn't an idiot. She knows what that means so I'm not surprised she has adopted a "f*** them" attitude. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Otherkate said:

Don't forget that she walked into the place and immediately requested a cushion to sit on.  Or, you know, a gigantic pile of napkins would be fine, too.  Meanwhile, she slings her coat over the back of her chair.   

Jules was flying high.  I know these women intimidate her, so I think she fortified on top of medication she was taking, with poor results.  Yes, Carole and Bethenny were jerks (if you're truly concerned, come flat out and say "Jules, you're making me very uncomfortable with the way you're acting right now, given your history. You told me that part of your recovery is people keeping you accountable, so I'm just telling you you need to be aware that that's how you're coming off.") Instead they were just making sly comments around it.  And Carole saying on WWHL that she wasn't judging?  "YOU shouldn't take adderall" - hint hint, nudge nudge... naw, that wasn't judgmental at all.  

That said, I didn't find Bethenny or Carole's behavior vis a vis the calzone doctoring outrageous at all.  I might find the pill suggestion funny coming from a genuine friend with whom I had a long history of trying to make each other laugh, especially if we were both punch drunk... but Jules doesn't know them like that.  And she was already acting unsteady enough that Carole had legitimate reason to feel like she should not treat it as a joke but explicitly state that it would NOT be funny to do [just in case she tried it when Carole wasn't looking].  Then the utensils?  And not saying anything until Bethenny had eaten part of it?  Even if you think the utensils were too large to be eaten accidentally and not in any danger of melting/leaching into the food, the joke should have ended when the person slicing it hit a solid object and said "Hunh?"  At which point "hey, look! ha ha ha!"  

Only that didn't happen.  After Bethenny literally ate some of it, how tf was she supposed to trust that the only foreign objects in it were large enough to not get lost?  And Carole had the "joke" about the pill doctoring in her head as well.  I fault neither one on their reaction.

I loved Dorinda's cape. I'm too busty to make it look like anything but maternity wear, but she looked awesome for walking around NYC on a mild winter's day.

• Love 5

Something big must be afoot.  Bethenny just announced:  "In a matter of moments, 'til I get divorced I will be the only married NY housewife."

Either Jules has been fired and not doing the reunion or she or her husband passed.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, lunastartron said:

If a pal asks you to tell her if an ensemble she has selected is unflattering before she walks out the door, I'm not sure how that's latitude to call her fat, whisper to third parties "ohmygaw, have you seen what she's wearing?", and/or offer anything more than diplomatic feedback.

If the pal and I are on a Real Housewives show, then I think the latitude is there.  It may actually reach the level of obligation.

9 minutes ago, Slakkie said:

I almost fell of my chair when Sonja DYED her dog.  A dog is not an accessory, you do not DYE YOUR DOGS.

Why not?  I think it's stupid, but is it harmful? 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Wow, Jules has really lost it. This was painful to watch. I do think her pain meds for her hurt vagina caused her to act a bit crazy, but I also see a woman really struggling to hold on. I get wanting to prank them by putting something funny in her calzone, but forks and measuring cups? In an oven??? That could have ended badly. 

Also, they does she keep showing everyone pics of her busted vagina?? Delete that shit.

But yea, homegirl is a mess. She said she sees a therapist 3/week? But there's NOTHING to talk about? BS. Someone doth protest too much. Also, why is she on Adderall? It's not helping. You know, any of these things on their own, could be explained away. But the Adderall, the smoking, the messing up her food - it DOES seem like she is still in the throws of her eating disorder. I even saw her appear to take a deep breath before sharing a bite of Carole's pizza. 

Jules was very disturbing last night.  She leads by announcing her ED, because she thinks it will make others back off and not question her.  She then announces her frequent therapy, and that she only goes because ........  Well, my opinion is she goes or they cut off her meds.  In fact, she all but said that.  And there are perfectly appropriate reasons for an adult to be on Adderall.  ADHD doesn't just stop when you reach adulthood.  So some adults need a stimulant to properly function in their work or school life.  The problem is, Jules is using it for energy and an appetite suppressant.  If she was truly ADHD, a stimulant wouldn't hype her up, it would help her focus.  She is not focused or organized.  She can't keep things straight with a nanny and a housekeeper. 

I feel for her.  She's a mess.  I don't get why she came on the show when her marriage was falling apart, and her ED was raging, but she's not the first housewife to make such a mistake.  Carole should save her concerns for when the camera's off, but I get the concern.  It's much easier to look the other way, and that's what most people do.  I am not that type of person.  I refuse to enable a friend into the grave, and there's no way in hell I would just laugh along with Jules's "wackiness".  If the rumors are true that Jules hasn't been asked back, it has to be because of her fragile condition.  Otherwise she's exactly the kind of mess this show loves.

And next week it looks like she's talking to her doctor about her "vagina".  Wow.  This woman is experiencing a failing marriage, an active ED, a chaotic home, a father with health issues - and they're focusing on her bruised vulva.  An indicator of Jules's current condition is she doesn't see anything wrong with this.  The show is playing along with Jules just like they play along with Sonja's grandiosity.  The joke is on them, but they think they're the star.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Why not?  I think it's stupid, but is it harmful? 

It perpetuates the extremely harmful myth that a dog is an accessory.  It is not cute, it is not safe (sure at a foofy salon they use harmless dyes but in the real world Fido won't do so well.  Dogs are not furbabies, they are not something for your purse, they are not a fashion accessory - they are a COMPANION.  If you want to change your own hair color do it - but your DOG is the color it is.  The incredibly disrespectful way these pets are treated on this show annoys me to no end.  Especially when they are then preaching all this dog awareness and "anti-puppy mill" while parading dogs around like dolls.

• Love 17

I might be in the minority here, but I do not find fault in Carole or Bethenny's comments or behavior towards Jules's apparent eating disorder.  If a person willingly signs up to appear on a reality show, then, IMO, all bets are off. That person has no expectation - from anyone - of being treated with kindness, fairness, etc. It's a TV show! Has she never watched it?? The only reason anyone appears on it is for selfish reasons to promote their own agenda. Perhaps it wasn't the best decision for a fragile, anxiety-ridden, anorexic woman in a bad marriage to sign up for this show. That's no one's fault but her own. She opened herself up for this shit and if she's not tough enough to take it then she needs to get out. No one gets treated with kid gloves. That being said - are Carole and Bethenny the nicest people -- no. But then again, no one who goes on these shows is.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Slakkie said:

It perpetuates the extremely harmful myth that a dog is an accessory.  It is not cute, it is not safe (sure at a foofy salon they use harmless dyes but in the real world Fido won't do so well.  Dogs are not furbabies, they are not something for your purse, they are not a fashion accessory - they are a COMPANION.  If you want to change your own hair color do it - but your DOG is the color it is.  The incredibly disrespectful way these pets are treated on this show annoys me to no end.  Especially when they are then preaching all this dog awareness and "anti-puppy mill" while parading dogs around like dolls.

I couldn't agree more. There are ingredients in hair dye that can be toxic. We have the ability to decide for ourselves if the benefits outweigh the potential risks. A dog does not. I just don't care for people doing things TO their dog, that the dog has no say in. 

• Love 9
16 hours ago, Sheenieb said:

For serious. I feel uncomfortable watching Jules around food given her history, but Carole and Bethenny need to fall back and just leave her be. Hopefully she's getting legitimate help and not dealing with some quack. However, making comments about her disorder/weight is too damn much; especially since I doubt they really care. It's just to be nasty.

Her food issues make me uncomfortable as well.  But I am not sure what I think the others should do about it since the cat is out of the bag re the ED.  Obviously Jules has made her eating disorder part of her story line while saying ask her anything, she is open about it.  If they ignore it I think people would be talking about that and how can they ignore someone clearly struggling and what self centered bitches they are.  If they talk about it, we talk about their insensitivity to her plight with the disorder and how can they be so insensitive to mention it to her face.  

Friends shouldn't stick their head in the sand and I think the ladies DO like Jules and her quirky self.  I guess they should take Jules at her word and be very direct with their line of questioning if they have concerns about how she is doing.  I think they were kind of shocked at her behavior that night cause it was off.  She couldn't get a word out when B finally told her to pick a verb, to the crazy purse o'pills, the the vag pics, to the um strange filling in the calzone and god knows what else I forgot.  Clearly she wasn't quite herself (I understand since her Lilliputian husband was cheating on her at that time).

• Love 5

Sorry, but Sonja's divorce was final EIGHT YEARS AGO, and they were separated for two years before that! They weren't separated when Sonja joined RHONYC; they'd already been divorced for two years. They have now been apart as long as they were together. So why is Sonja still carrying on about it like it she's just waiting or the final decree in the mail? Every time Sonja brings up this divorce it just sounds like she's desperately trying to both make excuses for her irresponsible behavior and drum up some kind of storyline for herself beyond the fact that she's a crazy alcoholic. Enough already. You're divorced. Deal.

• Love 12
27 minutes ago, Slakkie said:

These people are the most irresponsible pet owners, Ramona's dog that craps everywhere, Carole and her pretend (borrowed dog) and now a DYED dog.  Sad to say Bethenny's Cookie is the most "normal" dog.

Last weeks ridiculous parade of backyard bred dogs prancing around in clothes to raise awareness for "puppy mills" (where I bet half came from made me want to vomit. 

I show dogs (my dog actually got a Group 2 at Westminster this year) and I would never sell a dog to any of these ass clowns (believe me when I say it is easier to get a mortgage then a dog from me the few times I breed).  It is bad enough they are irresponsible with themselves but a dog is not a purse or a toaster!

Add to it that Sonja is always struggling for money, and she dyed the dog she doesn't like.  It was Marley who got the dye job.  Marley - the one who sits alone in a playpen while Rouge cuddles in bed with Sonja.  And for every Marley out there showing off a dye job, there's probably a hundred fools who think it's cute, and decide to dye their own pooch.  Hate it.  More and more I realize Sonja is all surface, and no substance.  Poor John Quincy Adams, or whatever ridiculous name she gave her daughter.

• Love 14
  1 hour ago, lunastartron said:

It's not about being "nice." It's about exercising some compassion and common sense vis-à-vis a fellow human being afflicted by a primarily self-destructive illness - not to mention one that's married to misogynistic societal pressures and body ideals.  

How else are you going to distract people away from your own story lines (mostly being mean girl bitches) than by pointing out and mocking others' issues?

Jules knew what she was getting into. It's not like this is the first season of the show. This is a well-established franchise, and Jules had plenty of opportunity to study up on past seasons. If she made the choice to go on this type of show, knowing she has an eating disorder that she's going to be discussing on camera. That pretty much negates any right to privacy, or even delicacy, she might have otherwise expected. It's not Bravo's, or the other cast members', job to fix Jules' problems. It's Jules' job to fix her problems, and to know that going on a TV show of this nature is very likely to highlight and exacerbate those problems. It's everyone else's job to create drama. They're doing their job.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Imagine if she had to be with them always.  That's my worst nightmare.

Wow.  I guess Beth's hopes that Bryn ends up like her .... choosing to have no connection with what family she has.    She is one bitter unhappy woman.  Pretty sad.  The world is not perfect Beth and neither are you.  You need to take a very close look at your expectations of other people.  Maybe you're the one who has the problem.

Ooof when she said that I flinched.  She really must hate Jason and his parents.  How awful that she would say something like that, especially knowing that her daughter will possibly see this in the future.

Yes, she must want Brynn to end up like her, alone with no family.

• Love 15
(edited)

I got to the point with RHoBH in the last few episodes where I didn´t actually watch, only read this forum instead. I´m nearing that with this show too, in that I came here to read before watching. It´s terrible really because now that GoT is over there isn´t a lot of stuff on tv that I like. But anyway, I´m off to watch now, hopefully her illness will keep Bethenny in check.

Edited by halkatla
  • Love 4
(edited)

Was it Jules intention to bring up her ED or did she bring it up because at the luncheon with Dorinda, Bethenny,John and Mike Bethenny whispered to Dorinda how freaked out she was by Jules and how she reminded her of her mother and it was bringing back bad memories.   Hard to know what came first with the way this show is edited.  

But there is now way quizzing her about her weight at the table was done for any other reason then to try to prove she still has a problem.  If you really wanted to help would you wait for a filming schedule to do so?  I don't know if she did that to the calzone to avoid eating it, I guess it's possible, but I wonder if any of those women (aside from Dorinda) ate their whole pizza?

What is nice for Jules is that, judging by her instagram, she has family and friends that she is close to that can help her out if need be because I doubt very much the cast care past the reunion.

Edited by Castina
  • Love 8

I am so sick of hearing about the Carole/Luann feud.  Enough.

Sonja is a nice person, but she will never be able to move on with her life - until she lets go of Lady Morgan.  That's the past.

The scene with Jules and the calzone was really more sad than anything.  It was obvious that her eating disorder had taken over.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, abbottrabbit said:

Apparently I'm in the minority on this one, but Dorinda's Coat of Many Colors GAVE ME LIFE. It was insane, gorgeous, '70s luxe glamour. Mary Tyler Moore or Marlo Thomas would have rocked the shit out of that thing. Dorinda probably shouldn't have worn it with the white bell bottoms, though. 

You are not alone. I love, love, love that coat and want one desperately! 

• Love 2

If all the women give up their right to privacy by joining the show, then Bethanny didn't get the memo.  She wants her personal life to be off limits, so the others should have the same right.  Of course, it would sure be boring if ALL the women were allowed to make demands of Andy like Bethanny is allowed to do.

IMO, Jules being willing to talk about her ED doesn't include talking about it behind her back like Carole and Bethanny when Jules and Dorinda went outside for a cigarette. On WWHL, when Carole was asked about Beth and her being mean girls, she took offense and said they're not in the eighth grade. Well then, Carole, stop acting like you are.

Someone up thread said something about Jules' husband using footage from the show in their divorce proceedings. What would he use it for?  Surely he's not interested in getting custody of the kids.  From what we've seen, he has no interest in caring for them as it is.

• Love 13

Jules labia issue may have been a reason she thought she should have the floor for a minute. It sounds as if the injury is severe enough she requires or elects for some reconstructive surgery.  She arrived first did all her fussing with her seat so I think she anticipated having the floor and was quickly shot down with Bethenny already knowing about it. ED recovery is all about making the patient feel valued.  Nothing devalues a person faster than one upping them and interrupting.  There was enough time for both of them to give updates. My guess is when she is shut down, it does trigger her ED behavior.  It just seems like she was trying some screwball behavior to distract the others from her trigger being pulled.  Carole talking about her medication was another step into hypocrisy.  Carole has admitted using LSD (during the filming season) and speaks of smoking pot, for recreational purposes.  So I think it would be safe to say both Jules and Carole aren't free of mood altering substances.  One just get her via a prescription pad.

3 minutes ago, pbutler111 said:

Sorry, but Sonja's divorce was final EIGHT YEARS AGO, and they were separated for two years before that! They weren't separated when Sonja joined RHONYC; they'd already been divorced for two years. They have now been apart as long as they were together. So why is Sonja still carrying on about it like it she's just waiting or the final decree in the mail? Every time Sonja brings up this divorce it just sounds like she's desperately trying to both make excuses for her irresponsible behavior and drum up some kind of storyline for herself beyond the fact that she's a crazy alcoholic. Enough already. You're divorced. Deal.

Sonja is still dealing with property issues much like Bethenny, they are winding down.  Perhaps she still feels tied because of the property issues.  I think that is why she carries on and in hindsight life with Morgan wasn't so bad..  It was only recently John was required to allow the sale of one of their homes to satisfy the judgment against Sonjia.  There is kind of a double standard at play, if they choose to date a nanosecond after filing or separating they are starting over.  If they decide the husband should still be tied to them because of property and children they are married with no end in sight.   They seem to do it with dates as well, once dated forever their property, very confusing.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, parisprincess said:

If all the women give up their right to privacy by joining the show, then Bethanny didn't get the memo.  She wants her personal life to be off limits, so the others should have the same right.  Of course, it would sure be boring if ALL the women were allowed to make demands of Andy like Bethanny is allowed to do.

IMO, Jules being willing to talk about her ED doesn't include talking about it behind her back like Carole and Bethanny when Jules and Dorinda went outside for a cigarette. On WWHL, when Carole was asked about Beth and her being mean girls, she took offense and said they're not in the eighth grade. Well then, Carole, stop acting like you are.

Someone up thread said something about Jules' husband using footage from the show in their divorce proceedings. What would he use it for?  Surely he's not interested in getting custody of the kids.  From what we've seen, he has no interest in caring for them as it is.

There's a difference between an eating disorder and an ongoing legal procedure.  If Jules were being sued over her eating disorder, I'm sure the topic would be off-limits, as it would have an effect on her case.  Bethenny was/is going through a protracted legal battle, and not only would it be an extremely bad idea to go into that on camera, it may also be prohibited by court order.  It's just not a comparable situation.  Bethenny is plenty upfront about her life, maybe sometimes too much.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, pbutler111 said:

There's a difference between an eating disorder and an ongoing legal procedure.  If Jules were being sued over her eating disorder, I'm sure the topic would be off-limits, as it would have an effect on her case.  Bethenny was/is going through a protracted legal battle, and not only would it be an extremely bad idea to go into that on camera, it may also be prohibited by court order.  It's just not a comparable situation.  Bethenny is plenty upfront about her life, maybe sometimes too much.

What legal battle?  Custody is decided, she openly dates, so I don't see how she can blame a legal battle.  I think she can say she is with someone and he declines to be filmed, like Luann's fiancé last night.  Bethenny's legal at issues are monetary. At this point and she doesn't seem to mind talking about all her money, homes, staff and product success.  She gave an interview this week saying she is declining (and I am sure Jason supports it) to have Bryn filmed because she doesn't have a voice in filming.  Wise move.  Of course it is Luann's fault that she doesn't discuss her dating life, lest Luann steal her man.  On WWHL. she traditionally talking about her love life hasn't worked out for her.  That and her boyfriend of  many months has not filed for divorce.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, zoeysmom said:

What legal battle?  Custody is decided, she openly dates, so I don't see how she can blame a legal battle.  I think she can say she is with someone and he declines to be filmed, like Luann's fiancé last night.  Bethenny's legal at issues are monetary. At this point and she doesn't seem to mind talking about all her money, homes, staff and product success.  She gave an interview this week saying she is declining (and I am sure Jason supports it) to have Bryn filmed because she doesn't have a voice in filming.  Wise move.  Of course it is Luann's fault that she doesn't discuss her dating life, lest Luann steal her man.  On WWHL. she traditionally talking about her love life hasn't worked out for her.  That and her boyfriend of  many months has not filed for divorce.

Bethenny refused to talk about this stuff when she first came back, when the battle was raging.  She hasn't -- that I've witnessed -- refused to talk about anything lately.  And I seriously doubt Bethenny is worried about Luann stealing her boyfriend; that's just ridiculous.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, pbutler111 said:

Bethenny cannot legally involve Bryn in filming; she has voluntarily elected to exclude her romances - including the present liaison with a "married man" - from the narrative. 

She objected to Heather asking her about collecting Bryn from school and/or dropping her off. 

She had a veritable meltdown when Heather scolded her table manners and tried to find some food alternatives when she asserted that she was allergic to fish. 

If Jules's participation in filming automatically gives Bethenny and Carole the freedom to behave like assholes in the interests of creating drama, then I guess they should thank Sonja, LuAnn, and Aviva for all creating narrative conflict over subjects they nominally didn't want dissected on air. 

• Love 9
Just now, pbutler111 said:

Bethenny refused to talk about this stuff when she first came back, when the battle was raging.  She hasn't -- that I've witnessed -- refused to talk about anything lately.  And I seriously doubt Bethenny is worried about Luann stealing her boyfriend; that's just ridiculous.

Walls. Her walls are up!!!! If she started talking about it, she would be on the floor in a heap sobbing. She can't talk about it. It's why her walls are up!

• Love 10