Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

I don’t think Jinger is free at all. She’s being used by her husband’s church to diss Gothard and promote their own brand of problematic religion. 

Agree. This brand may be even worse, imo. 

• Like 6
7 hours ago, realityfan26 said:

Am I the last person on this thread to make a connection between the FreeJinger website and the title of her book, "Becoming Free Indeed"?

The title is probably the cleverest part of Jinger's book.

• Like 6
  • LOL 17
10 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

While she didn’t “break free” entirely, she was able to shift her focus enough to realize that she had been controlled her entire life

And she's still being controlled. She probably doesn't realize it but she is. She's traded control by her parents/gothard for control by her husband and his church.

• Like 18
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 2

We'll see what happens in the upcoming years. I respect her thoughts about keeping her kids from the public (especially with the whole Josh thing) even while she is in the public, because she also made a point to mention that they could choose to live a public life if they wished in the future. She talked a bit about her children - her daughters - having choices such as going to college or pursuing careers, which seems to conflict with MacArthur's teachings. While Jinger has stepped away from the IBLP, I think the next potential hurdle for her will be MacArthur and possibly Jeremy. 

Notice that Jeremy has been minimally involved aside from Jinger mentioning him and showing pictures with him and all that, and I really genuinely wonder what Jeremy really thinks about Jinger's book and these promotions. I would think that Jeremy the famewhore may be experiencing a bit of jealousy because he comes off as a bit of an afterthought. But I would also think that Jeremy the wannabe mega-preacher could see this as a good thing if Jinger is ultimately able to steer others towards "their" way of thinking (i.e., MacArthur's church). Jinger did talk about how others have different perspectives than her though...like I didn't feel like she was trying to "sell" me on anything.

• Like 12
10 hours ago, Future Cat Lady said:

I don’t think Jinger is free at all. She’s being used by her husband’s church to diss Gothard and promote their own brand of problematic religion. 

"Being Used" is subjective.  She may love the chance to say exactly how she feels about the restrictions she was raised with, so it's a win/win. 

She certainly seems to be enjoying the hell out of things right now.

And for all the "control" people think Jeremy has over her every move, he's letting her shine without making it all about him. 

Edited by SnapHappy
  • Like 11
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, madpsych78 said:

She talked a bit about her children - her daughters - having choices such as going to college or pursuing careers, which seems to conflict with MacArthur's teachings.

I don't know about MacArthur's published work.  I refuse to read it, but every woman we know who attends his church has a college degree and works outside the home.  The people who attend there that we know are normal people so this has had to be eye-opening to Jinger. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 16
16 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

Probably her her lack of education.  She would have to start with remedial classes.  Also her confidence and sense of imagination, which was squashed by her parents.

In other words, the same thing that quickly clued Der into the fact that it'd be decades -- or never -- until his wife managed to complete the education required for the SBC to certify them as missionaries. 

But hey, Duggar parents and loyalists, your brand of education has nothing but GREAT consequences for those subjected to it. 

• Like 17
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

I don't know about MacArthur's published work.  I refuse to read it, but every woman we know who attends his church has a college degree and works outside the home.  The people who attend there that we know are normal people so this has had to be eye-opening to Jinger. 

That makes sense. I wonder if even a majority of MacArthur's church members really have read much of his writings or have delved into his theology beyond listening to his sermons. It doesn't surprise me that he's succeeded at filling the pews with folks from mainstream, educated, financially stable demographics. As you said, that kind of non-sequestered life would have been an eye-opener for Jinger. 

As @GeeGolly pointed out, her book is a real break with the IBLP cr*p she was indoctrinated with. While I think the book is backed by MacArthur's organization (and money) in hopes of attracting a younger demographic than the many oldies now in the pews, it's still a big step for her. I'm no fan of MacArthur, AND wish her well with the book and her life.

On a snarky note, I'm a bit amused to see this playing out in terms of Jeremee's association with MacDaddy's church and seminary. We've discussed for years the apparent special treatment, including financial breaks, that he's received. And now, the MacArthur organization is pushing a pretty high profile PR campaign - but via Jinger's book. After all, she has the name recognition and social media follower numbers that Jeremee can only dream about even now. 

• Like 16
18 hours ago, Teriacky said:

The bracelet may be a copy. I’ve seen quite a few of really good Cartier copies. (It could also have been provided for the photo shoot.) Publicity is always full of smoke and mirrors. 

I think Jeremy would go without new kicks and street tacos for 5 years before he'd let Jinger wear a knock-off Cartier. 

His church, and consequently the congregation, has big money. They know from real, and I just can't see him setting up his baaaaabe to be side-eyed by the ladies that lunch for wearing fake.  That would reflect on HIM. 

Edited by SnapHappy
  • Like 4
30 minutes ago, SnapHappy said:

I think Jeremy would go without new kicks and street tacos for 5 years before he'd let Jinger wear a knock-off Cartier. 

His church, and consequently the congregation, has big money. They know from real, and I just can't see him setting up his baaaaabe to be side-eyed by the ladies that lunch for wearing fake.  That would reflect on HIM. 

I can't see Jeremy giving up ANYTHING for Jinger.

• Like 13
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
7 hours ago, Jeeves said:

On a snarky note, I'm a bit amused to see this playing out in terms of Jeremee's association with MacDaddy's church and seminary. We've discussed for years the apparent special treatment, including financial breaks, that he's received. And now, the MacArthur organization is pushing a pretty high profile PR campaign - but via Jinger's book. After all, she has the name recognition and social media follower numbers that Jeremee can only dream about even now. 

JereMe better watch it. They're liable to replace him at his doughnut hour with Jinger. LOL (I know they won't, but the thought amuses me.)

• LOL 13
2 hours ago, Zella said:

JereMe better watch it. They're liable to replace him at his doughnut hour with Jinger. LOL (I know they won't, but the thought amuses me.)

I bet Johnny Mac recruits her for women's seminars. Once the book is published, she's going to be the most famous member of the GCC congregation. And Mac Daddy would be a fool not to take advantage of her fame. 

• Like 17

Jill has doubled down her support of Jinger. She put a short clip in her stories and Jinger put it in her stories. She was just saying how proud she was of Jinger and she knew it was a hard journey for J&J or some other duggar speak. Repeating she is proud and keep speaking the truth. Seems none of the other siblings are saying anything.  Looks like Jessa would say something since it was Ben who got Jinger thinking and questioning the IBLP. The comments on Jinger's page is pretty interesting with lots of negatives for her blaming her parents and talking about how worldly she is. JB must be exploding.

• Like 12
  • Useful 5
2 minutes ago, auntieminem said:

Looks like Jessa would say something since it was Ben who got Jinger thinking and questioning the IBLP.

I wonder if that's a point of conflict between those two, meaning Jessa and Ben. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 14
  • Useful 5
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm going to guess this is all brand new news to Jill, Amy and Deanna. Jessa and JB&M have likely been in on it from the beginning. Jill's post feels sincere, if not a bit confusing.

image.png.112a8027d3c2efc36e09bc64e41a2106.png

I found Jill's garbled reference to Jeremy fascinating. I'm assuming she and Jinger don't talk much (if at all) if she's unsure on whether or not Jinger and Jeremy still support each other and just assumes that to be the case. (I'm not actually poking fun at or being critical of Jeremy for once, and I agree Jill's post is sincere. I just find it fascinating that Jill feels the need to ramble on so awkwardly about it.)

Edited by Zella
  • Like 12
3 hours ago, Zella said:

I found Jill's garbled reference to Jeremy fascinating. I'm assuming she and Jinger don't talk much (if at all) if she's unsure on whether or not Jinger and Jeremy still support each other and just assumes that to be the case. (I'm not actually poking fun at or being critical of Jeremy for once, and I agree Jill's post is sincere. I just find it fascinating that Jill feels the need to ramble on so awkwardly about it.)

I found that part odd as well. Maybe Jill is confused because Jeremy is not by Jinger's side in all the promos. I mean he's not even lurking in the background - that we can see anyway.

Jill also filmed herself saying how proud she is of Jinger in an IG story.

• Like 6

I don't think Jill was questioning Jer's support for Jinger. I think she is just including him and his role. In her story she said how proud she is in both of them and she knew it was hard for them. Jill comments support on many of her siblings IG posts even if though few of them reciprocate.  She certainly knows how it feels to be shunned by JB and some of the other family so even though she and Jinger were not the closest, she wants to support her.  What a messed up family.  

• Like 22
39 minutes ago, auntieminem said:

I don't think Jill was questioning Jer's support for Jinger.

I don't think she's questioning. I just think she and Jinger must not talk much if she has to equivocate like that, and the result is kind of awkward. 

• Like 2
15 hours ago, Zella said:

Deacons and Donuts Duggars

Has Jeremy gone kind of radio silent or am I just not paying attention?  Seems like if the little wifey is suddenly all over the news, he'd use this prime opportunity to flood the Insta with pictures of his expensive shoes, or shoving a cheeseburger into his face, or posing pensively in a suit with a fancy pocket square in a bid to finally get that influencer gig he feels he so deserves.

• LOL 15
40 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Deacons and Donuts Duggars

Has Jeremy gone kind of radio silent or am I just not paying attention?  Seems like if the little wifey is suddenly all over the news, he'd use this prime opportunity to flood the Insta with pictures of his expensive shoes, or shoving a cheeseburger into his face, or posing pensively in a suit with a fancy pocket square in a bid to finally get that influencer gig he feels he so deserves.

Maybe MacArthur's ordered Jer to be quiet for a change. 

• Like 6
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 14
16 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Maybe MacArthur's ordered Jer to be quiet for a change. 

It's pretty obvious that Thomas Nelson has loosened the purse strings a bit and there is an actual marketing budget for this book.  A book written by Jinger about Jinger.  The Vuolos would have been advised by their publisher and agent that Jeremy needs to take a backseat for the next few weeks while Jinger promotes her book lest he say or do anything to stop sales.  And while Jeremy is a douche, he is smart enough to realize the benefits of taking a couple of steps back.  All Jeremy needs to do is sit there quietly and think about all the sneakers he can buy when the book earns out and Jinger starts to get royalty checks.  

• Like 8
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 11
29 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

It's pretty obvious that Thomas Nelson has loosened the purse strings a bit and there is an actual marketing budget for this book.  A book written by Jinger about Jinger.  The Vuolos would have been advised by their publisher and agent that Jeremy needs to take a backseat for the next few weeks while Jinger promotes her book lest he say or do anything to stop sales.  And while Jeremy is a douche, he is smart enough to realize the benefits of taking a couple of steps back.  All Jeremy needs to do is sit there quietly and think about all the sneakers he can buy when the book earns out and Jinger starts to get royalty checks.  

I just now visited the Amazon page for the book. Yep. There's a nice layout of promo material, obviously from the publisher. The book will be released on January 31. In the meantime, it appears pre-orders have been placed at a healthy rate. Here's a screenshot from the book detail information:

1951719514_ScreenShot2023-01-20at12_15_19PM.thumb.png.752c34cb0fe97fda0943c83c445905e2.png

• Thanks 2
  • Useful 3
17 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

I just now visited the Amazon page for the book. Yep. There's a nice layout of promo material, obviously from the publisher. The book will be released on January 31. In the meantime, it appears pre-orders have been placed at a healthy rate. Here's a screenshot from the book detail information:

1951719514_ScreenShot2023-01-20at12_15_19PM.thumb.png.752c34cb0fe97fda0943c83c445905e2.png

JB must be going out of his mind knowing he no longer has a death grip on Jinger’s earnings and allot to the other 18 as he sees fit.

I hope Jinger, as the sole author, gets to use the money earned without having to ask Jeremy. It is their collective money but she should be able to use it for what she wants.

• Like 13
1 hour ago, SMama said:

JB must be going out of his mind knowing he no longer has a death grip on Jinger’s earnings and allot to the other 18 as he sees fit.

I hope Jinger, as the sole author, gets to use the money earned without having to ask Jeremy. It is their collective money but she should be able to use it for what she wants.

Well, if that bracelet is real, she already spent about $5k. 

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 3
  • LOL 5
10 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I found that part odd as well. Maybe Jill is confused because Jeremy is not by Jinger's side in all the promos. I mean he's not even lurking in the background - that we can see anyway.

Jill also filmed herself saying how proud she is of Jinger in an IG story.

Jill - you could’ve just called Jinger privately and told her how proud you were. No need to be so performative. 

2 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

“Written by” Jinger 🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, SMama said:

She won’t. 🥲🥲🥲

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

Jinger got a pretty nice magazine spread and publicity (to go along with her prop, Felicity). If anyone would like to read and/or see the People article, just let me know. My copy arrived Friday. I should be able to post it mid-late evening. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

For someone who claims to not want to be famous or in the spotlight, she sure seemed to be into that photo shoot.  And I know I'm being mean, but it was so nice of God to make sure she had perfect weather for her photo shoot.  I'm sure all the people who have lost homes and loved ones in these storms are glad that Jinger had a nice day.

As for the Cartier bracelet, it is possible it was a loaner for the book cover photo.  I know she said the outfit was hers, but I am sure that they provided accessories that would complete the picture.  It looks like someone is putting a lot of money and effort in this promotion compared to the first two books.  Maybe McArthur agreed to pitch in some cash to make this one look more professional since the book is advertising for his church.

• Like 20
On 1/20/2023 at 2:54 PM, SMama said:

Whatever Jeremy wants, Jinger wants.  

• Like 7
  • Sad 5

I'm really finding this marketing campaign interesting.  Someone in McArthur's camp has clearly been studying the internet and wants to make this book look like Jinger's idea instead of something Jeremy came up with.  There have been countless comments on Jeremy putting words in Jinger's mouth especially when they played a game of would you rather.  Someone wants to avoid that looking like the case here.  Also, I don't think Jeremy is capable of letting Jinger do most of the talking in interviews, so it's better just to not have him around at all.

• Like 23