Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

On 1/9/2023 at 8:06 PM, Zella said:

"Jeremy likes books, so I like books" told me all I needed to know about Jinger's intellect, and she's never shown any true independent development since then, IMO. 

I agree, to a point. I have no idea if she has improved any, but she did have a small bit of a backbone when it came to some things Jeremy on the show. And she actually was a bit of her own person growing up, but was overshadowed mostly by Jessa, and a little bit by Jill.

I would say she stands up for herself as much as Jill. Not a whole lot, but somewhat anyways. 

• Like 4
On 12/22/2022 at 9:48 AM, Albanyguy said:

Actually, this is a fairly intelligent observation. Jinger's entire life was spent in a carefully planned and scripted "reality", performing for an unseen audience. Even before they were put before the TLC cameras, the Duggar kids were supporting players in "The Jim Bob and Michelle Show", going through the motions of an inauthentic daily life to impress others.

Except Jinger always knew she was on a reality show and that her life was somewhat fake. Truman went 20-odd years thinking he lived in reality. (irony here being that The Truman Show is fictional and all the Duggar shows were real.)

• Like 7
1 minute ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I think it says ' A man and his watch ' which to me is odder then your reading of tge title.

Ah, yes, I think you are right. I don't know, A Man and his Watch suits Jeremy well, as would A Man and his Pen, A Man and his Tie, etc.

• Like 4
  • LOL 16
13 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Ah, yes, I think you are right. I don't know, A Man and his Watch suits Jeremy well, as would A Man and his Pen, A Man and his Tie, etc.

Don't forget A Man and His Fast Food (with pics of Jer's gaping maw included!)

• LOL 15
1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

Jinger looks so smug. 

She almost always does. Ugh.

5 minutes ago, SMama said:

You’d be smug too if you were the subject of rounds of interviews. 😂

I would absolutely hate that. You would think a “meek” little empty headed Stepford wife would too.

• LOL 7

I'm looking with envy and rage at Jeremy's huge home library, knowing full well that he collects books mostly for show.  Also, what's up with the little boy-band collection of funko pops on the top right shelf?  If one of those is meant to be Jeremy....what am I saying.  One of those is surely meant to be Jeremy.  Is there one clutching a cheeseburger?  I can't tell.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 11
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Replying in Small Talk.

I just was coming to say People had an article. IMO, what Jinger is saying is very damning, indeed.

Jinger Vuolo wins the award of the first Duggar condemning the way the Duggar 19 were raised. Go Jinger.

• Like 22
  • Applause 1

The second 14 minute video in the article was good. She doesn't always speak well using sweet a lot but it seems she did do some searching to leave her parents beliefs. It is nice to see her happy with her life. It is good that she did use the term cult to talk about Gothard's teachings. She talked about not showing her daughters, things she was taught were wrong but she knows are not, drinking, secular music, dancing, birth control. It is sad to know she had so much fear as a child of displeasing God and waiting for something bad to happen if she did. It was interesting to hear her briefly address Josh's crime. 

Edited by auntieminem
  • Like 10

I wonder if any other the other kids had anxiety to the level Jinger had.  I have read several survivor blogs indicating that a lot of people growing up in the various parachurch movements like IBLP and Vision Forum had a lot of the same fears.  Unfortunately, Jinger is holding Gothard accountable, but not her parents who were there daily to instill that fear in her.  I'm betting she still suffers from anxiety, but it looks different now, so she doesn't realize it.

• Like 14
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Damn.  She's wearing a Cartier gold love bracelet in that jumpsuit pic.  If it's real, that baby set them back almost 5K. 

I have coveted one for many years.  

She looks great.  I'll bet Jessa is grinding her teeth down to nubs at all the attention Jing is getting, especially a PEOPLE photo spread.  

• Like 15
  • LOL 1

Hearing Jinger talk about seeing Ben's family living differently influenced her it is interesting that Jessa has been (at least in front of the camera) keeping some of the dumb beliefs. We know she wears pants but mostly, especially around JB and Michelle, wears dresses/skirts.  Plus she was always the biggest defender of her parents. Maybe it was all for show and to win favor. Wonder if she will give it up since Jed seems to be appointed duggar PR. He is doing the family gathering videos instead of Jessa. 

Another thing in the video that was encouraging was Jinger talking about the girls going to college if they wanted, which was not something that happened in the IBLP.  I wonder if she regrets not having a better education since Jeremy and his family all seem to be well educated. 

Edited by auntieminem
important to type words not just think them
  • Like 9
  • Useful 1

Jessa, Jill and Joy and Jana have never publicly questioned the way they were raised. Actually quite the opposite as Joy recently praised Michelle's parenting skills, Jill and Derick did Q&As praising the way Jill was raised and Jessa models, almost everyday, the way she was raised.

I'm not sure how much more Jinger could say to hold her parents accountable - she is saying the way they raised her was wrong. I see no need for her to start an all out war with her parents, who she obviously loves. A little diplomacy goes along way. 

I applaud her.

• Like 21
2 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

Jinger is very well-spoken in that video. 

Since she mentions college for her girls, I'll bet she regrets that she and her siblings weren't even given a choice to attend college.

What's stopping her from going to school if that's what she wanted?

• Like 17
47 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Here's Jinger's interview with People. It's 14 minutes, and I haven't had the chance to watch, but it may well be as good as reading the book.

Holy Botox and/or fillers, Jinger. 🥲

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
28 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I had the same thought.  I will just speculate that Jeremy wouldn't encourage this.  The first Mr lookeyloo, after he ditched me for his nurse, told me "You won't make it through registration".  Lucky me, I had a friend who took me and  now I have an MSW.  Maybe Jinger will have such a friend and maybe Jeremy will encourage, not necessarily for that degree but any degree, or a course or two.  What are the chances.

• Like 21
  • Applause 2
7 hours ago, SnapHappy said:

Damn.  She's wearing a Cartier gold love bracelet in that jumpsuit pic.  If it's real, that baby set them back almost 5K. 

I have coveted one for many years.  

She looks great.  I'll bet Jessa is grinding her teeth down to nubs at all the attention Jing is getting, especially a PEOPLE photo spread.  

Jinger's book project has the MacDaddy empire's money behind it, so it doesn't surprise me that she's looking nicely polished for her promotional appearances, head to toe. No buy used, save the difference™ JB Duggar nonsense going on there. 

I don't know if Jessa's jealous of Jinger, but I wonder if she's still bitterly hating the loss of the TV show. IMO she was right up there with JB in loving her chances to shine in front of the video cameras. 

• Like 13
2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Probably her her lack of education.  She would have to start with remedial classes.  Also her confidence and sense of imagination, which was squashed by her parents.

• Like 21
  • Sad 5

After years of “free Jinger” it looks like Jinger has freed herself. She is now the Prince Harry of the Duggar family. It’s time to see how forgiving the Duggars actually are. 

The bracelet may be a copy. I’ve seen quite a few of really good Cartier copies. (It could also have been provided for the photo shoot.) Publicity is always full of smoke and mirrors. 

• Like 10
40 minutes ago, realityfan26 said:

I thought the video was interesting. I give her (or her ghost writer) props for going back to the bible to disprove some of Meech and JB beliefs. 

Definitely her ghost writer. 

• Like 6
4 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Jeremy, a patriarchal religion, lack of direction and individual thought, and anxiety are stopping her. 

• Like 10
  • Sad 4
  • Useful 1
1 minute ago, auntieminem said:

She posted about the People interview on her IG.  It has over 97,000 likes. As far as the family Jill and Amy commented in support. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnkRilCvZ73/

And she is a full time mother to two kids 4 and 2 (guessing ages). She has her hands full now. Unless she enrolls online but there’s still homework, and a lot of reading. Jeremy doesn’t seem like the helpful type. He had no problem writing in their first book about resenting Jinger when she asked him for a glass of water post partum. 

• Sad 17

I had always hoped it would be Jinger who wriggled out of the choke hold that Gothard had on her via her family. While she didn’t “break free” entirely, she was able to shift her focus enough to realize that she had been controlled her entire life. And who knows?  Maybe some of her siblings will follow hear lead and we will finally get that tell-all we have been hoping for.

• Like 10