Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Oh my Lord, I just listened to some of Jeremy's sermons and he is BORING. It's like hearing the Charlie Brown teacher drone on blah blah blah blah. I guarantee people only show up for the free lunch.

To me, he sounds like the male equivalent of the "keep sweet" fundy wife - whispery and soft.  Coming from him it just sounds fake and insincere, almost like he's been told to keep his anger/impatience/road rage, whatever it might be in check for years and this is how he does it (I'm making all those scenarios up - not trying to start any unfounded rumors).  He just sounds so...slithery. 

• Love 6

Why do these non-seminary trained "preachers" not learn the basic thing that most priests learn in seminary?  The human attention span is not an hour long for a sermon.  Give people one basic idea and you stand a chance 50% of the congregation will retain it.  Spew for an hour and no one will remember a tenth of it. 

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Why do these non-seminary trained "preachers" not learn the basic thing that most priests learn in seminary?  The human attention span is not an hour long for a sermon.  Give people one basic idea and you stand a chance 50% of the congregation will retain it.  Spew for an hour and no one will remember a tenth of it. 

Too sciencey an explanation. Absolom, sorry, but you're going to hell.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Magoo said:

To me, he sounds like the male equivalent of the "keep sweet" fundy wife - whispery and soft.  Coming from him it just sounds fake and insincere, almost like he's been told to keep his anger/impatience/road rage, whatever it might be in check for years and this is how he does it (I'm making all those scenarios up - not trying to start any unfounded rumors).  He just sounds so...slithery. 

Yup just like Bitchelle. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, MunichNark said:

Cringe and Babe, plesase get married so we can all move on with our lives.

I really don't give a damn.......it seems that ratings are very very down indeed, so people seem to agree with me

I hope they continue to fall so TLC gets desperate and will show us the real duggars not this fake staged crap. I want to see what they really preach about ( the evil gays?) in their home church and how they interact with people on a day to day basis ( real people, not people on the show) ect. I want to know how much child rearing Michelle actually does and since she likely does 0% what does she actual do with her day?

• Love 4
10 hours ago, MunichNark said:

Cringe and Babe, plesase get married so we can all move on with our lives.

I really don't give a damn.......it seems that ratings are very very down indeed, so people seem to agree with me

Ratings came up this past episode. Around 1.1MM, IIRC. So, damn. Although I got a look at the sneak peek for next week, and it looks absolutely AWFUL. I don't think people will stick around to watch. #Imhopeful

eta: Went to the TLC site to see if they had the sneak peek videos up yet (didn't see them), but I *DID* see this gem that I know everyone here will just LUUUUURVE!!!!! 

http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/jill-jessa-counting-on/counting-on-videos/jeremy-is-jingers-babe/

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 5

I think they're funny and kind of cute--when it's just the two of them.  It would be way more interesting if they would stop trying so hard.  Also, the whole Babe thing makes me laugh because of Ranger in the Stephanie Plum novels by Janet Evanovich.

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, magpye29 said:

I think they're funny and kind of cute--when it's just the two of them.  It would be way more interesting if they would stop trying so hard.  Also, the whole Babe thing makes me laugh because of Ranger in the Stephanie Plum novels by Janet Evanovich.

OMG ~ I forgot about that!

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, magpye29 said:

Yeah, but Ranger knows how to say it so women melt...with Jinge it is Cringeworthy!

• Love 5

Does anyone else wonder if the Cringe and Babe registry is online under a different name? Seriously. It's hard to imagine they aren't interested in the gift grab as well, especially since Babe's apartment is somewhat spartan.

We all know there's at least a few rooms at the TTH that still need a bit of freshening up. 48 sets of bath towels, 3 complete sets of kitchen knives, and 3 irons coming right up!

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, Missy Vixen said:

Does anyone else wonder if the Cringe and Babe registry is online under a different name? Seriously. It's hard to imagine they aren't interested in the gift grab as well, especially since Babe's apartment is somewhat spartan.

We all know there's at least a few rooms at the TTH that still need a bit of freshening up. 48 sets of bath towels, 3 complete sets of kitchen knives, and 3 irons coming right up!

Not to mention that the happy couple have also registered for Gatorade and Froot Loops

10 minutes ago, magpye29 said:

Did anyone else see on the blind items page the speculation that Jinger is pregnant?  That could explain a lot.

I saw it. Explains why there's no invites going out, and an 'intimate wedding'. Do we have recent pics of Jinger? Like from this month? The TV footage is months old.

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, magpye29 said:

Did anyone else see on the blind items page the speculation that Jinger is pregnant?  That could explain a lot.

Ha ha, I would love that! Not because there's anything wrong with it, but because Boob's head would explode. 

• Love 12
17 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

I saw it. Explains why there's no invites going out, and an 'intimate wedding'. Do we have recent pics of Jinger? Like from this month? The TV footage is months old.

Well it would explain why JB isn't objecting to the marriage even when he's so clearly against it. I don't buy that it's just because he is letting Jinger choose what she wants. Somehow I think it's unlikely though. I would think if it was true that they would already be married. JB would have insisted it be nearly immediate to try to pass it off as a honeymoon baby. 

I guess it's possible that they are already married but I would think someone would have dug up the marriage license by now. 

5 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Ha ha, I would love that! Not because there's anything wrong with it, but because Boob's head would explode. 

I agree in theory but the ones who would suffer would be Jinger and the baby who would be viewed with distain. So as much as I'd love to see Boob's head explode, I hope it isn't true for the sake of Jinger, Jeremy, and their children. 

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

Well it would explain why JB isn't objecting to the marriage even when he's so clearly against it. I don't buy that it's just because he is letting Jinger choose what she wants. Somehow I think it's unlikely though. I would think if it was true that they would already be married. JB would have insisted it be nearly immediate to try to pass it off as a honeymoon baby. 

I guess it's possible that they are already married but I would think someone would have dug up the marriage license by now. 

I agree in theory but the ones who would suffer would be Jinger and the baby who would be viewed with distain. So as much as I'd love to see Boob's head explode, I hope it isn't true for the sake of Jinger, Jeremy, and their children. 

I don't believe that Jinger is pregnant.  When would it happen? They are constantly under surveillance, never out of eyeshot.  If  a miracle happened and they DID somehow find a way to do the baby dance (which I doubt) and she is pregnant, I'm sure Jin Jer would not stand for any mistreatment.  Not for a second.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Lady Edith said:

I don't believe that Jinger is pregnant.  When would it happen? They are constantly under surveillance, never out of eyeshot.  If  a miracle happened and they DID somehow find a way to do the baby dance (which I doubt) and she is pregnant, I'm sure Jin Jer would not stand for any mistreatment.  Not for a second.  

I don't think she's pregnant either but if she were, there is a difference between mistreatment and being viewed with disdain. There is absolutely nothing Jinger could do to prevent JB, Michelle, and others from viewing her child as somehow "less than" because he was conceived out of wedlock'.  It might not be as relevant in the case of Duggar grandkids because it's unlikely Chelle and JB will develop any kind of relationship with their grandkids, but I guarantee if there was a family gathering, and 'pre-marital kid' would be completely disregarded. And Jinger would be practically disowned. A daughter getting pregnant before she's married would be in JB's eyes to be far worse than what Josh did.

Edited by 3girlsforus
  • Love 2

Jeremy is no virgin. He would be smart enough to use a condom. Probably has a whole stockpile left from before he became a born again virgin.

I was thinking about Jim Bob and how dickish he is acting.  But Jinger is 23 and Jeremy is 29.  if they don't like it...then LEAVE.  They won't because they like the Duggar Bucks! You can't have it both ways. 

Jinger can roll her eyes all she wants but she is still a princess on daddy's dime.  Jeremy too.  

• Love 11

I think JB is somewhat  acting. We already had the guy he loved (Derrick) and the guy who he put up with and reminded him of sons (Ben), now for storyline purposes we need the man that he doesn't trust much. 

That being said a lot of the aggression seemed real.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Temperance said:

I think JB is somewhat  acting. We already had the guy he loved (Derrick) and the guy who he put up with and reminded him of sons (Ben), now for storyline purposes we need the man that he doesn't trust much. 

That being said a lot of the aggression seemed real.

Might have had little to do with Jer and Jinge, though. I expect JB is just oozing with aggression all the time these days. Where is the perfect life that should by all rights be his, since he's the most godly man on the planet?! He's thwarted at every turn! How dare everyone ignore his wishes?! That damn tv channel! Those damn kids! That damn clown car! He can't get no satisfaction!     

yadda yadda yadda

• Love 5
On 9/15/2016 at 2:53 PM, Defrauder said:

I can see why Cringe and Babe want to get married as quickly as possible.  Hopefully JB will be a long distance in-law that is rarely seen or heard from again in their lives.  

I'm thinking September 24th. I can't see it going past the 3 month mark.

• Love 1

Just get em hitched already! I'm not one to push marriage in most instances, but these two have been good to go for months already.  In reality, they've known one another for a year, only the show hasn't caught up to where they are, and these are reenactments.  Who knows, maybe TLC asked Cringer to act the fool for dramatic effect. If so, that was a cruel thing to do to such a sheltered girl.

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Just get em hitched already! I'm not one to push marriage in most instances, but these two have been good to go for months already.  In reality, they've known one another for a year, only the show hasn't caught up to where they are, and these are reenactments.  Who knows, maybe TLC asked Cringer to act the fool for dramatic effect. If so, that was a cruel thing to do to such a sheltered girl.

I totally agree.  They have known each other for a while now.  And who knows if they weren't courting in secret long before it was made public?  They SAY they began courting when?  June?  I think that they actually first met (even if it was only via Skype or FaceTime) around the time of Jessa's shower.  Most likely a short time before.  And they probably spent time together at the shower.  So if this is accurate, technically they have known each other about a year.  And they used the missioncation to spend some time together before entering into the courtship. I know plenty of people who have gotten engaged after dating a year.  So this is definitely not a "fast track" relationship. 

• Love 2

There were hints that the wedding might be in New York city though I wonder if that's just a rumor. If so, it might not take place until the spring and another season of Counting On. Didn't Jill and Jessa each get an entire season on 19 Kids and Counting about their courtships/engagements before the big event?

One thing I'd love to see if the party guests having access to an open bar. Jim Bob and Michelle would have steam literally coming out of their ears. Or maybe there will be two weddings- the fundie one for the Duggars and the tv show, and the real one that will take place with Jeremy's family, not the 300 fake friends that the Duggars have who show up to these events with their dozens of children.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

I'm thinking September 24th. I can't see it going past the 3 month mark.

They got engaged at the end of July. They announced the COURTSHIP at the end of June. 

I'm in for the ~10week courtship both sisters had: 10/15.

• Love 6

Sew shall it be, world without end. Amen.

We'll call it that you called it.  You are a prognosticator among prognosticators. Quite possibly more accurate than the Feb Deux celebration at Gobbler's Knob.

I can't help but think you're going to be so right on!

The name of that place always cracks me up because it conjures up certain imagery...I'll be in the prayer closet.

• Love 5

This whole courtship is obnoxious.

I HATE this courtship. Jessa and Jill were kinda fun to snark on.  This one?  It's just horribly annoying.  I find Jinger to be bratty with all her facial expressions. Roll your eyes one more time and we will all tangle you up in a string art project. So immature and childish to keep making silly expressions like a 5 year old. Grow up.  

Jeremy is a smiling fuckhead. What is wrong with him?  There is no way he is a normal 29 year old man. No way. Never.  There is something wrong with this guy.  He giggles and prances around...he is a weirdo and he dings my creep-o-meter.  Both Jinger and Jeremy are acting like 13 year old girls.   

Jim Bob is intolerable.  Poor Michelle is simply deranged from all the cultish abuse and just smiles. 

It's a freak show. 

• Love 18
6 hours ago, CarolMK said:

There were hints that the wedding might be in New York city though I wonder if that's just a rumor. If so, it might not take place until the spring and another season of Counting On. Didn't Jill and Jessa each get an entire season on 19 Kids and Counting about their courtships/engagements before the big event?

One thing I'd love to see if the party guests having access to an open bar. Jim Bob and Michelle would have steam literally coming out of their ears. Or maybe there will be two weddings- the fundie one for the Duggars and the tv show, and the real one that will take place with Jeremy's family, not the 300 fake friends that the Duggars have who show up to these events with their dozens of children.

Do we have any clue what Jeremy's stand is on alcohol? It seems to vary with Fundies, and though I wouldn't think Jim Bob would approve someone who might enjoy a beer or margarita here and there for Jinger, it's almost as much of a stretch for him to approve a (presumed) born-again virgin. He might be willing to overlook quite a bit for the sake of ratings as long as the pertinent issue was not discussed and he was convinced that he could successfully sweep it under the rug.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

His arrest history is alcohol related.

So we are assuming that this is one of the past sins that he torments himself over? I suppose that's probable, though he does seem to be more obsessed with avoiding sins related to lust than anything else.

1 minute ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

Is there going to be alcohol at the JingJer affair? I wonder how Boob and J'Chelle feel about that. Jeremy is definitely a rebel. 

Maybe FAMY will be the bartender. It's a ministry, right? Plus she'll get to use all of those drinking-related registry gifts!

• Love 5

Oh god, I'm watching that meet the parents episode now and you guys weren't kidding. I instantly distrusted Jeremy from the beginning just because a grown man with real life experience who chooses to marry someone that fundie and sheltered must be an asshole. But the over the top enthusiasm over Jinger's nail art? Just blatantly fake. I'm only a few minutes in and haven't gotten to the Jim Bob parts, but honestly, if this is how Jeremy acts all the time, maybe JB smells a rat and that's why he was so rude. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Marigold said:

This whole courtship is obnoxious.

I HATE this courtship. Jessa and Jill were kinda fun to snark on.  This one?  It's just horribly annoying.  I find Jinger to be bratty with all her facial expressions. Roll your eyes one more time and we will all tangle you up in a string art project. So immature and childish to keep making silly expressions like a 5 year old. Grow up. 

I know what you mean. Jill was gushy and googly-eyed but even she wasn't this over the top. There was definitely mutual physical attraction between her and Derick, but I didn't feel the need to bathe after watching the two of them together. Jinger is just grossing me out. It's like get a damn room already. As for Babe, I don't like him. I don't like his boring sermons or his cheap bouquets or his awful singing. Just the way he breathlessly whispers "oh Jiiiinnge" every two seconds makes me want to punch him in the face. 

• Love 10