Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

I thought so too when I saw Marjorie's pic yesterday. It's obviously a special event for SOMEONE. Everyone I've seen in the pics looks very nice. If it were a more casual event, Marjorie isn't averse to wearing jeans. 

• Love 4

Would they throw Jessa a baby shower already?  It's a little early, but she's at least six months pregnant now.  If the next few weekends are going to be multiple weddings (Jinger's, Dan's) and then Jessa would want to take time for her anniversary, Spurgeon's birthday, and the holidays.  Doesn't leave a whole lot of time in the winter for a baby shower.

10 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Could be. I saw another pic on Marjorie's account that didn't include Jinger, but did include the girl in the lace skirt (her sister? I thought she was shorter for some reason).

Yeah, that's Marjorie's sister. She's younger (isn't she?) but definitely taller. I remember seeing some picture where she kind of hunkers herself down to get on the same level with Marjorie.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 1

Regarding "another shower," according to strict etiquette it's showers only for the first baby and then it's assumed mom kept the durable goods and parents can fill in for subsequent children.  So yes, Jessa theoretically should have no expectation of future showers.  Perhaps it was wedding shower for Jinger.  It's definitely time for one of those.

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 4

I think I threw out "shower" recklessly. I meant WEDDING shower. You know, the one for women that normal people have. The girly party when you are gifted with sex toys and lingerie. But for these people, for everyone within a 200 mile radius, and I am sure she had a secret gift grab for both shower and wedding. 

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, poopchute said:

Where did these friends come from?

My parents tried very hard to convince me that anyone I'd been within 10 feet of and exchanged 10 words with was a friend of mine. This seems to be pretty common among control-freak lunatics who have children.  I wasn't gullible enough to believe my parents. I knew perfectly well that I had no friends and that it was thanks to them. But the Duggar kids seem to be gullible enough to buy it.

And, I expect your non and faux purported "friends" are a lot faux friendlier when you can get them into widely published Internet photos and as extras on a TeeVee show. Here in the days of media celebrity.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 3

Well, two of them are Marjorie and her sister Genevieve (in the lace skirt). The others are actually tagged if you hover on the picture. I have no clue who they are, which leads me to believe this will be yet another shitshow Duggar wedding. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

I recall them referring to random people they have met here and there, or at book signings and such as friends. So, who knows!

Well, if 18-year old Joy and 30(?)-year old marred mother of 5 Sierra can be "best friend for years," then random strangers who are willing to sign TLC release forms  and be on TV certainly count. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Well, two of them are Marjorie and her sister Genevieve (in the lace skirt). The others are actually tagged if you hover on the picture. I have no clue who they are, which leads me to believe this will be yet another shitshow Duggar wedding. 

Well, we have Amy Farrah Fowler on the left, followed by some JillyMuffin/Tiny Tim crossbreed, then the AlmostDuggar, then the bride-to-be wearing the drabbest thing she could find accessorized with a 1950's secretary pen-on-a-chain , then the pretty stylish sister , then a harlot in jeans. Are these Jinge's "friends" ??..... and why have they never been seen before ? And why are the AlmostDuggar and sis still hanging around?

Edited by drafan
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, drafan said:

Well, we have Amy Farrah Fowler on the left, followed by some JillyMuffin/Tiny Tim crossbreed, then the AlmostDuggar, then the bride-to-be wearing the drabbest thing she could find accessorized with a 1950's secretary pen-on-a-chain , then the pretty stylish sister , then a harlot in jeans. Are these Jinge's "friends" ??..... and why have they never been seen before ? And why are the AlmostDuggar and sis still hanging around?

!!!!!!!!!!!

• Love 4
4 hours ago, sometimesy said:

Jinger looks like Michelle in that pic. Marjorie's outfit is cute.

Somebody please comp Jinger a make-over.

Yeah, she sure does. And she looks like her in the out-of-it, manic crazy-eyed, I'm-rictus-smiling-like-this-because-otherwise-my-head-might-explode way, too. Poor Jinger.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

No wedding today, I'm afraid. Derick's off gallivanting around in Lawrence KS celebrating his brother's bachelor party at an OSU game. 

"My sibling brother" 

• Love 7

I'm not one to believe the blind item, but the one quoted above is so vague it could mean an extended family member is pregnant, and it could be a lot a families including the Duggars, Bates and Willis families and others.

And I would guess that if a relative was unmarried and pregnant the Duggars would blame the devil, and then Miss Cathy would chime in with some Pro-life talk.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, awaken said:

"My sibling brother" 

Sometimes when I look back at something I've written, I find out that a word I intended to cut delete when I was replacing it with another word never got deleted. .... This is a mistake I make a lot when typing, especially on a small tiny keyboard. So I think it's quite possible that that's what happened here.

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Sometimes when I look back at something I've written, I find out that a word I intended to cut delete when I was replacing it with another word never got deleted. .... This is a mistake I make a lot when typing, especially on a small tiny keyboard. So I think it's quite possible that that's what happened here.

Me too. 

• Love 1

I'm just going to say it...I think Derrick looks a lot better now than he did when he first signed up for the show (or when he and Jill met, however you prefer to phrase it). He's not a good looking man by any means (looks at his brother...there's an unfortunate combination of genes at play), but the surgery has resulted in significant improvement.

I feel so dirty giving that tool a compliments.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I'm the same way. Even on here I'll look back at some of my posts and see a jumbled mess because I didn't proofread properly or Auto Correct took on a life of its' own. I agree that's likely what happened with Derick's caption.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

Jinger pregnant?

I know several posters don't believe in the blind items from CDAN, but I'm not sure what I think about this..

I should have been more clear - I'm fairly certain that it is referring to Jinger being pregnant.   My uncertainty is whether or not Jinger would have given it up.   Actually, I believe she would have as she is so all over him at all times.   Guess the question is would Jeremy hit it before the wedding?

I guess we will see how quickly she pops out a blessing after the wedding and if they claim the baby is a preemie....

Edited by tabloidlover

I don't think I buy that Jinger's pregnant. I know for those of us outside the twisted land of Gothard, it's usually where our minds go when people seem in a big rush to get married, but Jinger's timeline isn't rushed or unusual in Duggar/Waller/Bates/Keller/Maxwell land. Yes, Babe is older than his brother-in-laws, but they all share heavy-duty fame-whore tendencies and a "ministry mindset" aka not a lot of formal certification but desperately want to preach to people (particularly about Hell, damnation and all sins sexual).

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

I should have been more clear - I'm fairly certain that it is referring to Jinger being pregnant.   My uncertainty is whether or not Jinger would have given it up.   Actually, I believe she would have as she is so all over him at all times.   Guess the question is would Jeremy hit it before the wedding?

I guess we will see how quickly she pops out a blessing after the wedding and if they claim the baby is a preemie....

After his anti masturbation rant...and the example a pastor is supposed to set, I'm thinking not.  BUT, pastors are human and subject to the same weaknesses we all are.  I don't see how they could have been alone long enough. Jessa had to follow the rules, so she's not going to give Jinge a pass.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

Jinger pregnant?

I know several posters don't believe in the blind items from CDAN, but I'm not sure what I think about this..

As long as they didn't kiss before marriage...

13 hours ago, awaken said:

"My sibling brother" 

So I guess the mission is paying for his flight to Kansas?  And, Stage 5 Clinger is where?

• Love 2

Jeremy's anti-masturbation rant makes me thing that he masturbates a LOT, and poor Jinger is going to find herself  married to a minute man as a result. However, I think he HIGHLY prizes female virginity and if they had somehow found themselves alone long enough to have had sex, he'd drop Jinger quick because she defrauded him and led him to sin. So I'm going with not pregnant. Though I would obnoxiously cackle long and hard if any of these people conceived out of wedlock.

• Love 6

This is probably really out there, but a part of me thinks Babe & Cringe may be already married, possibly eloped. This season's Counting On plot line just feels like a reenactment of their courtship for the benefit of the teevee cameras and tlc $. Why else mess with/fudge the timeline of when they met, started courting, claim to have gotten engaged, etc..? Also, it would explain why they always look like they're going in for the kiss but then pull back, as well as KJB's obvious disdain for Jeremy. 

Just a theory, now I'll slink back to the prayer closet, tin foil hat in hand.

Edited by lulu69
  • Love 10

I think Cringe is going to be a Stage Eleven clinger, but that said, I seriously doubt they will hit the sheets before there's a ring on it. Jeremy's every bit as sanctimonious as his future in-laws (future brothers-in-law included). I would think that even though they think they're a family who just happens to be on TV, they're aware enough of the tabloids to keep their indiscretions on the down-low. Hell, it took investigative reporters (Joshgate I) and an internet hack (Joshgate II) to ferret out Smuggar's secrets. After that, I'm sure that they aren't taking ANY chances of even having the appearance of impropriety when out in public. Let's face it, if JinJer had sex, someone at some fleabag motel somewhere would know about it, plus they'd have to ditch their chaperone in the process. 

So, I'm firmly in the Jinger's Not Pregnant At This Time camp. We know the wedding hasn't happened yet; there's evidence of the family being everywhere except in one place the last few weeks when it could have happened. There's still next Saturday before The Week of Jessa. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

So, I'm firmly in the Jinger's Not Pregnant At This Time camp. We know the wedding hasn't happened yet; there's evidence of the family being everywhere except in one place the last few weeks when it could have happened. There's still next Saturday before The Week of Jessa. 

I don't think it's Jinger.

There, I said it.

• Love 2

That blind item was badly worded probably on purpose.  It doesn't refer to how pregnant someone might be, if the baby is born already, etc.  It could even refer to Michelle's family member that the Duggar's want to adopt but can't show on camera.

IIRC both Jill and Jessa had pregnancy rumors before their marriage that weren't true.  Hell, I think even Marjorie had some speculation thrown about with the early courting.

• Love 1