Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, sheshark said:

Jessa did mention a four-month window from proposal to wedding tonight.  So June 20 - Oct 20 - could be this weekend or next.

They were engaged in late July. That takes us to Thanksgiving. And as I've said before the first two weeks of November are out because Jessa. 

Jill and Jessa both had engagements under 3 months. I think Jessa is throwing up a red herring. After all, she's so good at keeping secrets. She thrives on it, actually. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
forgot time of month. Needs that to make sense of dates
  • Love 1

If Jim Bob and Jeremy's dad are both with them in Texas, I wonder if the wedding is coming up fairly soon. Wonder where Jim Bob and Jinger are staying? I can't see Jim Bob springing for the cost of a hotel room, cheapskate that he is. They're probably staying with someone from Jeremy's congregation. 

Maybe the reason the date has not been announced is that TLC wants to make sure no fans drop by the wedding uninvited.

• Love 2

This is probably a pic from when they all traveled to Texas that one weekend...the weekend where Jim Bob made the comment about Jeremy getting a second job to support Jinger's thrift store shopping habit and told the world that his closet smelled of "dirty shoes".  SMH.  

I still think the wedding will take place in NYC or NJ, but it won't be until maybe late November/early December.  

I think that the reason for secrecy is twofold--first, to give People exclusive rights to the breaking story and second, to dissuade any of their fundie friends from inviting themselves to the ceremony.  From what I've seen on TV this season, I feel as if Jinger is distancing herself a bit more from the ultra-fundie folks and bringing herself a bit closer to fundie lite.  Her wearing "board shorts" to go canoeing in the last episode is one of the indicators for me.  I've seen this family wear skirts for the most awkward of situations (often with leggings or yoga pants underneath) and they claim it never hindered their participation.  Now, all of a sudden, it's acceptable for them to wear "board shorts" for activities such as swimming or boating.  What happened to their mandated modesty suits?  I feel like their abandoning the ugly swimming dresses is a combination of their pulling away and an FU Internetz moment.   

• Love 4

It would certainly be interesting if Jinger started wearing pants after marrying Jeremy. Somehow I don't think he would mind if she did. I think he made some comment that he loves that she wears dresses but also said something to the effect that she looked cute in the board shorts, too. I have a feeling it may have been Jessa who started the board shorts idea. She was probably very embarrassed wearing the stupid modest swimwear and now as a married woman, she can dress how she likes.

I also do wonder if Jessa was actively looking for a guy for Jinger after she married Ben. Jinger may have confided in her that she was really lonely and wanted to find a husband too- she may have even asked Jessa to help her rather than waiting for Jim Bob to pick somebody out for her. No matter if it was "true love" or not, Jim Bob pretty much did arrange Jill's marriage to Derrick by playing matchmaker. I don't think Jinger wanted a guy her daddy would choose for her. 

• Love 2

Michelle must have spent hours praying in the PC after seeing that pic. She practically had a stroke when Ben & Jessa held hands during a prayer, hours before they were to be engaged. Little Jing is being swallowed up in hugs from two men she is not related to. Holy defraudment!!

• Love 2

jessa was photographed in board shorts when she was pregnant with Spurgeon.  She had a sleeveless shirt and board shorts.  i remember because we were trying to figure out which pool they were visiting. 

Guess the "modest swimwear" is out? 

• Love 1

Jill still wears the modestwear. 

Jessa's pic was taken at the pool house, right around the time Boob bought it, IIRC. 

Jinger doesn't strike me as particularly athletic, so I don't know that we'll ever see her in swimwear again, whether it be tees and board shorts or that awful modestwear. 

• Love 3
On 10/11/2016 at 9:06 PM, Missy Vixen said:

I realize that I've posted this before, but I'm still a bit confused. WHERE'S THE REGISTRY?

If Cringe manages to get married without one, I'll be stunned. She has to keep up with her sisters. Plus, there might be a room or two at the TTH that is not stuffed with the haul from Jilly Muffin and Jessa Blessa's weddings yet.

Seriously -- is it posted under another name?

I've looked for her registry but none exist. No webpage on the Knot nor a blog BabelovesJing exist.

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 1

Maybe they really are planning to stay in Jeremy's apartment for now. If so, a wedding registry won't do them any good since there won't be space for all the toasters, towels, etc. I wonder if Jinger likes the idea that if they live in a one bedroom apartment, the entire Duggar clan won't be able to descend upon them and expect a Thanksgiving dinner the way they did with Jessa last fall. There simply isn't enough room, or enough towels, etc. to make it possible.

• Love 3

Long time lurker..first time poster.

I've checked both Wal-Mart & Amazon for a registry for Jin & Jer and couldn't find one.  Anna & Smuggar's registry is still available though...and I saw condoms on it?  Is it possible it's a made up registry?  Or was sabotaged? 

Thanks to all for the posts I've read over the last year or so. Truly enjoyable PLUS reading your snark just means I don't actually have to watch this endlessly boring show. 

• Love 8

Frankly, the real one with about 1000 towels and soda pop didn't seem real either and it was. But I guess it could make sense for little kids to be able to buy pop and candy as a gift. I wonder if all that stuff was stored or returned for $.

On one hand I'm glad Jing hasn't pimped out her registry but I'd really like to peek anyway. Snarking about them is part of the fun.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, hashtagblessed said:

Long time lurker..first time poster.

I've checked both Wal-Mart & Amazon for a registry for Jin & Jer and couldn't find one.  Anna & Smuggar's registry is still available though...and I saw condoms on it?  Is it possible it's a made up registry?  Or was sabotaged? 

Thanks to all for the posts I've read over the last year or so. Truly enjoyable PLUS reading your snark just means I don't actually have to watch this endlessly boring show. 

Jeremy seems like a more upscale kind of guy. Best bet would be department stores that aren't discount department stores.

Or adidas. 

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 1
On October 13, 2016 at 11:23 AM, Lady Edith said:

This is probably a pic from when they all traveled to Texas that one weekend...the weekend where Jim Bob made the comment about Jeremy getting a second job to support Jinger's thrift store shopping habit and told the world that his closet smelled of "dirty shoes".  SMH.  

I still think the wedding will take place in NYC or NJ, but it won't be until maybe late November/early December.  

I think that the reason for secrecy is twofold--first, to give People exclusive rights to the breaking story and second, to dissuade any of their fundie friends from inviting themselves to the ceremony.  From what I've seen on TV this season, I feel as if Jinger is distancing herself a bit more from the ultra-fundie folks and bringing herself a bit closer to fundie lite.  Her wearing "board shorts" to go canoeing in the last episode is one of the indicators for me.  I've seen this family wear skirts for the most awkward of situations (often with leggings or yoga pants underneath) and they claim it never hindered their participation.  Now, all of a sudden, it's acceptable for them to wear "board shorts" for activities such as swimming or boating.  What happened to their mandated modesty suits?  I feel like their abandoning the ugly swimming dresses is a combination of their pulling away and an FU Internetz moment.   

Wholesome Wear apparently is going out of business. If the Duggars want to continue in this vein of modesty swimwear, they will have to buy modesty swimwear from sites that cater to Muslim women (horror of horrors)!  Wholesome Wear was not cheap, either, so buying modesty suits for 10 girls would break the bank. I saw a pic of little Josie in one. Felt sorry for such a tiny kid being weighed down by all that fabric.

The Muslim women manage to combine tasteful and fashion forward modesty into garments that actual permit freedom of movement, though many of them are pants or leggings. Loose fitting board shorts can look similar enough to culottes, split skirts, skorts, or gauchos. 

• Love 1

Well, the Duggars had plenty of young girls who could eventually wear the older girls' hand-me-downs. Hannie was born when Jinger was 11; point being, she should be able to fit into suits the older girls wore as tweens. The way these people hoard stuff, I imagine suits to fit all of the girls as they grow up will be found in a warehouse somewhere. That is, IF Mechelle had half a brain and thought about holding girls' clothes once she started having more after all those boys.

Except for Jill's last suit. She took that sucker and ran. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
12 hours ago, CarolMK said:

Maybe they really are planning to stay in Jeremy's apartment for now. If so, a wedding registry won't do them any good since there won't be space for all the toasters, towels, etc. I wonder if Jinger likes the idea that if they live in a one bedroom apartment, the entire Duggar clan won't be able to descend upon them and expect a Thanksgiving dinner the way they did with Jessa last fall. There simply isn't enough room, or enough towels, etc. to make it possible.

An episode or two ago, Jinger and Jessa were talking about Jeremy's apartment, and mentioned it was a two-bedroom. Jessa said something like,. "Oh, good, there will be room when we come to visit."  (Before the engagement, even! Scandal!)

That is still smaller than the house we might expect jimBob to provide for the newlyweds, but just thought I would mention it. 

I've finally figured out who Jeremy's speaking voice reminds me of! He sounds like Kip, Napoleon Dynamite's older brother. Jeremy's manner of speaking sounds so fake! It sounds like he's trying to sound the way he feels a preacher should sound. 

From looking at his pics he looks like he had a wild time in college for sure. I would bet my kidney his first night with Jinger will not be his first experience, and they're going to wear each other out. Also, I'd bet my other kidney that Jeremy WILL cheat on Jinger at some point. I just get that vibe.

• Love 11
On 10/11/2016 at 10:06 PM, Missy Vixen said:

I realize that I've posted this before, but I'm still a bit confused. WHERE'S THE REGISTRY?

If Cringe manages to get married without one, I'll be stunned. She has to keep up with her sisters. Plus, there might be a room or two at the TTH that is not stuffed with the haul from Jilly Muffin and Jessa Blessa's weddings yet.

Seriously -- is it posted under another name?

I'm guessing it's posted under Jinger's middle name : Nicole and maybe under Jeremy's middle name. 

They may not even post a registry at all.  Seeing as the wedding date is ultra top secret and they can't let THAT cat out of the bag.  ?

Honestly I'd rather have $$$ than 500 sets of towels.  That way Cringe can go out and buy all the thrift store silk flowers her little heart desires.  

I got married 18 years ago and did not have a registry.  Any gifts we received were pretty generic and many opted for monetary gifts instead.  It worked just fine.  

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, winsomeone said:

To me, it seems like Jeremy has a very slight foreign accent, like English was his second language. Wasn't he born in the US?

Anything I have seen, states he was born in Philadelphia.

Maybe Jing & Jer are already married. Maybe they had a small backyard and barefoot ceremony. She doesn't seem as splashy and grifty as the other girls, and with their popularity waning maybe JB agreed not to have a Fundy-speed-dating wedding. Jessa, or maybe Michelle mentioned they get a set amount for their weddings, and Jessa went cheap to save money for the honeymoon. Maybe Jinger went small and is pocketing the extra money.

Or the special guest on the upcoming show might be the pastor ready to marry them in the TTH.

• Love 3

Nah, I don't think they're married yet. Cringe was at a Razorbacks game a week ago with her BROTHER, not her husband. They'd be in the totally inseparable stage of their marriage if they just got hitched. And since Jessa was pictured at a Razorbacks game this past Saturday, my prediction went down the drain. But, as I also mentioned, the Razorbacks are away next Saturday and have a bye week on the 29th, so both of those dates are open. The next week belongs to Jessa, so it won't happen then, and Dan's wedding is the week after that. They are NOT waiting until mid/late November to bump uglies. This wedding is happening this month.

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Nah, I don't think they're married yet. Cringe was at a Razorbacks game a week ago with her BROTHER, not her husband. They'd be in the totally inseparable stage of their marriage if they just got hitched. And since Jessa was pictured at a Razorbacks game this past Saturday, my prediction went down the drain. But, as I also mentioned, the Razorbacks are away next Saturday and have a bye week on the 29th, so both of those dates are open. The next week belongs to Jessa, so it won't happen then, and Dan's wedding is the week after that. They are NOT waiting until mid/late November to bump uglies. This wedding is happening this month.

When then? Could it be the same weekend as Dan's, but different day? I doubt he planned on inviting the Duggar clan. Don't they live only a half hour away? If Jing & Jer get married in Arkansas two weddings wouldn't be a big deal for Jill & Derick.

I think they might be married though. The dressed-up pics of Mike and Marc, then a pretty pic of Mere which appeared to be the same staircase. Maybe the Razorback pics are from previous games. They tried it before and maybe this time it worked. They could all be from the same game and they just got smarter in fooling us.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 1

I said this month, either the 22nd or 29th. Those two Saturdays are free of weddings and Arkansas home football games. The two following Saturdays will be 1)all about Jessa/Spurge/anniversary and 2)Dan's wedding. After that, we're looking at 11/19. That's too far out for a fundie engagement that happened in July. 

I've observed enough fundie engagements (faaaaar beyond the Duggars and Bateses) to know how this works, and they rarely go past three months. 

• Love 1

So, today I was bored and as I was browsing instagram I noticed Jinger had posted a picture of her and Babe. So out of curiosity I went to see who Jinger was following on IG. So surprisingly she follows Emma Roberts, Taissa Farmiga abd Evan Peters, so it looks like she has at leas watched season 3 of AHS. She also follows the cast of Jane the Virgin, so does that mean they watch tv now? I wouod think Jim Bob would forbid risqué viewing like AHS and Jane the Virgin with all their talk of sex and immodesty.

• Love 2

I would say that's yet another 14 year old fan account. Poor Jinger and Jeremy will have to come up with some very creative names, since all these stupid tweens and teens have basically stolen their social media identities. 

• Love 4

Yeah Jinger herself doesn't have an instagram account. The one that is out there is a parody account ran by someone else. It's a shame she doesn't have one but at least someone is keeping us updated haha!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, dccfan37 said:

Yeah Jinger herself doesn't have an instagram account. The one that is out there is a parody account ran by someone else. It's a shame she doesn't have one but at least someone is keeping us updated haha!

How disappointing, I was so excited at the thought that maybe Jinger was getting out from JB's thumb and making her own rules.

OK, so she is wearing the ring.  Which means that she has taken at LEAST one other trip to see Babe since the "dirty shoes" visit.  I can't tell if there is another ring on her finger, though.  A wedding band...

Wedding prediction:  Early December.  And I'm sticking with that.  Jill and Derek will slog off into the CA sunset the day after the wedding (or the evening of...imagine the stress level...the unbridled DRAMA of having to leave on time to get to the airport to catch their flight immediately after the ceremony!)  I believe someone previously stated that they wouldn't have to be back to CA until somewhere around 12/8?  December 4 is a Saturday.  I think that's the "big day".  That would give Jill and Derek four days to rush home from NYC/NJ to pack up and catch a plane to CA.  

The pic is from last week. There was also a picture of the couple with their dads at a known Riverwalk restaurant (edit: see below...I debased myself and stole it from Pickles). Nothing to see here, really. Jessa was at a Razorbacks football game last Saturday, so my prediction of a 10/15 wedding didn't come to pass. Still waiting on this weekend or next for The Big Day. 

14725675_1028942413871234_8350429839657264459_n.jpg

Edited by Sew Sumi

I'm wondering of Jim Bob will attempt to bribe Jeremy with the 'guest house' when Jill and Der go back to Danger America.  He could hold his services in the great room.  Fabulous fireplace and plantation shutters!

• Love 2

Jeremy has already held services there. That's where the Masturbation video was filmed. 

But we have to consider the fact that given what we saw last night, Jill and Derick may not be going back, except for the annual Duggar missioncation in December. We'll see if they actually STAY there after the missioncationers leave. 

I'm sure Boob has yet another house he can bribe Jeremy with. I think someone said he currently owns something like 12 properties, but I forget the breakdown between residential and commercial. That said, Boob seems to have been buying up residential property over the past few years; I guess house flipping is lucrative in NWA, bringing in more cash than he can make renting out commercial spaces. 

• Love 2

Could be. I saw another pic on Marjorie's account that didn't include Jinger, but did include the girl in the lace skirt (her sister? I thought she was shorter for some reason). I saw the pic yesterday, so it could be a shower, or it could be the rehearsal dinner. Who says that has to be the night before the wedding? Mine was two days prior, IIRC. And don't forget, the Duggars do everything just a little bit DIFFERENT (note improper use of the adverb...that's their specialty). 

Who says she can't have her shower the week of her wedding? Or at most, 11 days before it? It's the fucking DUGGARS. 

• Love 2