Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

14 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

With all the people in this growing family, there are going to be many overlapping celebrations.

Very true and it's not like Spurge knows the difference at this stage if they celebrate his birthday a day or two early. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, DOBABYR said:

Isn't that the same week as Jessa's anniversary?...a wedding on a birthday who cares...but not my same wedding week

Yes. Her anniversary is Tuesday. Her birthday Friday. Spurge's Saturday. That's why I've been calling it The Week of Jessa. 

They must not have been able to get a church this weekend. It's early enough in the family's 200 Year Plan that they can work around a few birthdays. What WILL overlap someday are births that come on anniversaries or other birthdays. But for now? They can control it and not overlapped The Week of Jessa IF they'd been willing to hold out a little longer in their engagement and maybe gone to Thanksgiving weekend when nothing else is going on. In early December, they start running into the missioncation as well as Jordyn's and Josie's birthdays. 

Edited by Sew Sumi

I don't know, of all people to blow it, a photographer? And the responses? And then they didn't take them down? I'm thinking it was this weekend or before, or they want the secret out now. Like @Saytura it's a big coincidence. 

Also most folks request time off in advance for an event, and also know their upcoming work schedules, so I think Whitney's response in somewhat suspect.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, DOBABYR said:

Geez Jinger....you just HAD to get married next week during so many of Jessa's special moments?!?!

Well, since everything has to be done at times that are best for TeeVee moments, the already crowded calendar is bound to have some overlap these days. That's how it is when you're a TeeVee family, Jessa.

• Love 5

I must have had the wedding on my mind, cuz I had a dream last night that I was Jinger & had just gotten  engaged to Babe.  We were showing the ring to his father & he asked when the wedding would be.  Babe replied with the "As Soon As Possible"  line.  I was like "Whoa there bud, we have some discussing to do- I'm not rushing into this."  Then I woke up.  Glad I still had a sane moment even in my dreams. 

Babe's dad is a pastor, correct?  I wonder if he will be doing the officiating or is there another pastor Babe will choose, like the man who mentored him?  Since his mom is into music, maybe she'll have some fresh input into their song choices.  Also wondering about the First Kiss thing.  Hopefully it won't be mentioned at all (even if it is their first kiss, which we doubt) & they'll do the usual "you may kiss the bride" without all the Boob fanfare. We can only hope.

I would love for them to have a small ceremony in the glass church where Benessa got engaged.  I'm sure it's beautiful this time of year with the leaves changing colors.  Once again, just wishful thinking......

• Love 6
9 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I don't know, of all people to blow it, a photographer? And the responses? And then they didn't take them down? I'm thinking it was this weekend or before, or they want the secret out now. Like @Saytura it's a big coincidence. 

Also most folks request time off in advance for an event, and also know their upcoming work schedules, so I think Whitney's response in somewhat suspect.

Erika Felber deleted her post on Whitney's IG. Apparently Jessa also deleted on hers (Erika tagged, so it was easy for Jessa to find.

In addition, Britton Felber's post (the post above with Jessa and Jinger) is written in future tense. I think they would have been busy taking pics yesterday to dig up old pics on a Mac and post on other people's social media.

Finally, we have pictorial proof on the Dullard thread of them with Miss Cathy at OSU's homecoming game yesterday. 

No wedding happened this weekend or last. The shower happened during the preceding week. Marjorie posted pics w/o Jinger, but Pickles found pics of the same event with both Marjorie and Jinger. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2
45 minutes ago, Marigold said:

I'm really surprised that the photographer was that stupid. Everyone knows this is all hush hush. duh. 

45 minutes ago, Marigold said:

I'm really surprised that the photographer was that stupid. Everyone knows this is all hush hush. duh. 

Especially since they pimp out their business on social media, ffs! She REALLY blew it! The post on their page with Jinger and Jessa from Jessa's wedding was total damage control after the fact, but by then, lord knows how many crazed leghumpers saw it and will try to crash the wedding. 

Now, Britton and Erika Felber have deleted the picture that I posted here yesterday at 4:22pm. Pickles got a screenshot from Erika Felber's page (I found it on Britton's page - don't follow her - so they were really pimping it out). Sorry Felbers, the internet is forever! 

14907081_1040306719401470_7254423362950003466_n.jpg

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 4

I just realized...

if that Bates girl doesn't know if they are going to attend, it is NOT a sit down meal.  A sit down meal requires a head count. 

oh god, another parking lot fiasco in cool November?  Let's hope Jinger is wearing shoes. 

Oh, and the photographer's comment of "serve the Duggars" implies that they don't get paid.  "Serve" is code for "free".  That Jim Bob is such a weasel. 

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 12
7 minutes ago, Marigold said:

I just realized...

if that Bates girl doesn't know if they are going to attend, it is NOT a sit down meal.  A sit down meal requires a head count. 

oh god, another parking lot fiasco in cool November?  Let's hope Jinger is wearing shoes. 

Oh, and the photographer's comment of "serve the Duggars" implies that they don't get paid.  "Serve" is code for "free".  That Jim Bob is such a weasel. 

In my experience, sit down meals haven't historically been the norm in some religions/area. I'm specifically thinking of rural or small town Southern folks, who may be evangelical Protestants but are def not cultish separatist fundies. I'm sure the norms are changing, with today's hyperinflation of The Wedding as a monster cash-sucking extravaganza that's often all out of whack with relation to the family's actual financial situation. But still. I've attended many very enjoyable weddings/receptions where we weren't fed a sit down meal, but the refreshments were nicely served, the venue was comfortable and nicely decorated, only the cars (not the guests) were in the parking lot, it wasn't a mob scene, and a good time was had. 

The Duggars, of course, are proud of being "different," and of being cheap grifters because their family is so huge and Jesus. (Nailed it, @Marigold, about the photographers "serving." Bah.)

Someone around here once commented that the Duggar weddings were a rare opportunity for all those quiverfull/fundie families to socialize "safely" with like-minded pure-in-heart-mind-and-body folks. Like one of those ATI "conferences," only free. So they loaded up their vans and drove to Arkansas to attend. 

Seems like the Duggars (and maybe TLC) are over that mob scene thing. I wonder if TLC's budget for Jinger's wedding shoot is tighter than for the first three kidults' weddings. 

I'd love to know if Bill GotHard is invited. Heh.

• Love 8

I wonder if they'll use the wedding "reception" to further pimp out the unmarried males to other families?  They sure seemed to be setting up for that with the prior shows.  Joy and Jana are the only remaining females of marriagable age, right?  And Jana has to raise the kids, so Joy may also be on the market.  

It really is interesting how Josh is the only married male Duggar kid; KJB really need to get working on that.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Fosca said:

And Jana has to raise the kids, so Joy may also be on the market.  

Take this with a grain of salt, but I watched the latest episode on YouTube and in the comments someone said Joy is courting. Apparently OP's (allegedly) been to several Fundie events where she's seen Joy with the same guy. If it turns out to be true, then Jana must feel like she's cursed.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Take this with a grain of salt, but I watched the latest episode on YouTube and in the comments someone said Joy is courting. Apparently OP's (allegedly) been to several Fundie events where she's seen Joy with the same guy. If it turns out to be true, then Jana must feel like she's cursed.

Or lucky.

• Love 24

just a thought, but maybe the Bateses weren't invited and the whole work excuse is just that...an excuse?  Saying they weren't invited to the fundie social event of the year would not be something they would actively promote on social media.  And if the rumors are true, the guest list will be much smaller than Jessa or Jill's.  So if the list was whittled down, the family would take priority.

• Love 5
On 10/29/2016 at 7:27 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Jordyn and Hannie getting pedis (pic is on Duggar Family Official...too big to post here).

Yup, next weekend for sure. 

I am 47 and I have NEVER had a mani/pedi. What is this obsession with 19 Mani/Pedis and Counting? This family went from living in a shack and eating donated food to Starbucks and frequent mani/pedis. The American dream, oh yeah. You'd think they'd want to spend money on things that lasted: good medical care, education, non-moldy houses. Guess not.

• Love 19
30 minutes ago, LilJen said:

I am 47 and I have NEVER had a mani/pedi. What is this obsession with 19 Mani/Pedis and Counting? This family went from living in a shack and eating donated food to Starbucks and frequent mani/pedis. The American dream, oh yeah. You'd think they'd want to spend money on things that lasted: good medical care, education, non-moldy houses. Guess not.

I'm 48 and have only had a handful of them, all within the past 10 years. I'm not sure how/when the obsession began or why so many are willing to spend so much $ frivolously.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

just a thought, but maybe the Bateses weren't invited and the whole work excuse is just that...an excuse?  Saying they weren't invited to the fundie social event of the year would not be something they would actively promote on social media.  And if the rumors are true, the guest list will be much smaller than Jessa or Jill's.  So if the list was whittled down, the family would take priority.

"Much smaller" is relative. Jill and Jessa had around a thousand. Jinger may "only" have 600. /Jingeresque eyeroll

FWIW, my reception was a late lunch picnic. It was a very rare 90ish degree day (I live in a very temperate climate), so the cold foods worked perfectly. But they still would have worked on an average 70 degree day as well. 

This weekend is going to be warm down there this year. Jessa, with  her 40 degree ice cream social idea in November is pprobably seething. Will the bride, who really likes to cover up, and her bridesmaids, be sweati g in long sleeves in in 80 degree heat?1;€£

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Jeeves said:

In my experience, sit down meals haven't historically been the norm in some religions/area. I'm specifically thinking of rural or small town Southern folks, who may be evangelical Protestants but are def not cultish separatist fundies. I'm sure the norms are changing, with today's hyperinflation of The Wedding as a monster cash-sucking extravaganza that's often all out of whack with relation to the family's actual financial situation. But still. I've attended many very enjoyable weddings/receptions where we weren't fed a sit down meal, but the refreshments were nicely served, the venue was comfortable and nicely decorated, only the cars (not the guests) were in the parking lot, it wasn't a mob scene, and a good time was had. 

The Duggars, of course, are proud of being "different," and of being cheap grifters because their family is so huge and Jesus. (Nailed it, @Marigold, about the photographers "serving." Bah.)

Someone around here once commented that the Duggar weddings were a rare opportunity for all those quiverfull/fundie families to socialize "safely" with like-minded pure-in-heart-mind-and-body folks. Like one of those ATI "conferences," only free. So they loaded up their vans and drove to Arkansas to attend. 

Seems like the Duggars (and maybe TLC) are over that mob scene thing. I wonder if TLC's budget for Jinger's wedding shoot is tighter than for the first three kidults' weddings. 

I'd love to know if Bill GotHard is invited. Heh.

Remember how we speculated that Jeremy's East Coast Italian Family would not tolerate a "picnic in the parking lot" wedding? 

Uh, yeah. Well, it seems they might want to pack a lawn chair and throw a sandwich in the purse because Jim Bob won this round! 

• Love 5

Well, now that the word is out, Jill R. is probably loading the Rodriguii stink bus and organizing the matching outfits for her brood.  I expect the secrecy was to keep out a few hundred of the usual parking lot crowd and make is a classier event for Babe's fancier relatives.  Sorry Jinge, the Internets screwed things up once again!

• Love 4
3 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

I'm 48 and have only had a handful of them, all within the past 10 years. I'm not sure how/when the obsession began or why so many are willing to spend so much $ frivolously.

Count me in to that question...I'm almost 58 and while I did have a two manicures about 10 years ago, I've still never had a pedi... And I haven't had a Starbucks in probably a good four years either. 

• Love 4
59 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Remember how we speculated that Jeremy's East Coast Italian Family would not tolerate a "picnic in the parking lot" wedding? 

Uh, yeah. Well, it seems they might want to pack a lawn chair and throw a sandwich in the purse because Jim Bob won this round! 

Maybe the Vuolos could have a tailgate outside the venue -- either before or after the main event. Dueling food. I think we know who'll win. Hell, I don't know anybody who wouldn't win.

• Love 3

I guess folks are only supposed to be as humble as their pocketbook?  Like I said before the Duggars remind me of many a 5 year old; changing the rules of the game as they go along so it always works in their favor.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Just can't see Joy courting.  She is so not ready for that, or for being a dutiful wife to some fundy fellow.

• Love 8
On 10/29/2016 at 6:22 PM, Sew Sumi said:

She really blew it. The Duggars had done such a great job hiding this information, although she doesn't say exactly WHEN it is on this post, she blew that with the posts to Jessa and Whitney. Plus, we know that TLC has to have this done by the 15th, so it can't be the 12th. TLC has to promote the shit out of this to get advertisers back.

Oops! 

You are writing here that she blew it but when I wrote it you immediately responded that she didn't & repeated my exact statement about TLC saying 2 more episodes until the wedding ? In the Counting On forum

• Love 2

If the Jinge/Babe wedding is Saturday, Jinge will be most likely be knocked up by this time next week. Just sayin'......

The little Jgirls are getting trained into manicures and pedicures cuz heaven forbid they play outside with the Jboys any longer. Case in point: Joy.

I don't think any Duggar gives a rat's ass what date anything else was/is. After a while, they will have something (and by "something" I mean birthdays and/or anniversaries, since those are the only events that matter to them) every single day of the year. That's a lot of ice cream. Probably why JB likes them nearby.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, DOBABYR said:

You are writing here that she blew it but when I wrote it you immediately responded that she didn't & repeated my exact statement about TLC saying 2 more episodes until the wedding ? In the Counting On forum

No, in context, I meant that Erika blew the date (or at least the weekend), TLC did NOT! Before Erika fucked up, TLC had merely pimped out when the episode would air. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

No, in context, I meant that Erika blew the date (or at least the weekend), TLC did NOT! Before Erika fucked up, TLC had merely pimped out when the episode would air. 

You must have read my post worng. I said nothing about TLC blowing it. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Malvina said:

This pic is almost two weeks old. Marjorie also posted a pic without Jinger from the same venue, but since it's been weeks now, I can't give an exact date, only that it was a weekday (I want to say a Wednesday). But no doubt this was her shower. It is likely also where Joy got that Texas necklace, along with the other bridesmaids. 

Here's Marj's pic (note same clothes/venue, so it's legit)

eta: I love how Pickles always crops her source material. She just can't admit that she found stuff on the fly like people like me do. At least I'm honest! 
Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, ariel said:

What a dowdy looking group of young women.  If Amy Farrah Fowler was there she would be the Fashionestia.

I don't know...I'm kinda diggin' that long lace skirt.  I love lace on other people, but hate it on myself.

47 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

On "Intervention" right now is someone named Ginjer. My brain snagged on that for a second. 

I saw that!  Mind blown!

• Love 2

Not to go too off-topic but I found another 'Jinger'!

On my work schedule (new job) there was another employee named Jinger, spelled the same way. I just had to seek her out. Turns out, this Jinger is a middle aged woman born outside the US. While she was nice, I  didn't feel comfortable enough to ask her which country she was from or if Jinger was her real birth name or shortened from something else.

But there you go, another Jinger!

• Love 5
15 hours ago, ariel said:

What a dowdy looking group of young women.  If Amy Farrah Fowler was there she would be the Fashionestia.

I think Marjorie and Her sister both look pretty good! Trendy outfirts and still modest. Decent shoes

The other three though, I agree- dowdy af!!! WTF is going on with Jinjers hair? it looks awful in nearly everything we see. 

• Love 5

Shew they look like they're trying to out frump each other. I'm not saying they have to wear skin tight dresses and show a ton of cleavage, but geez. It's like they're trying to take normal clothes and see how shapeless and frumperific they can turn them.

• Love 2