Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

What makes me sad is this is the day before her wedding. She should be going out to lunch with her girlfriends, going to the spa, drinking champagne, laughing, buying sexy lingerie, packing for her honeymoon, doing last-minute pre-wedding fun stuff. ?

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Yep, luckily you're wrong. It's "Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing."

I remember because I like it, too. ;-)  

A nice traditional 18th-century hymn. Not pop-py like How Great Thou Art. It seems to be a popular one to do contemporary versions of, for some reason.

Phew haha!! I don't know why that one immediately popped into my head??? I have been to church exactly 3 times in the last 4 years all for either funerals or baptisms. LOL

Ha!  The week before my wedding, I had a nasty bout of bronchitis.  I spent the day before in bed, hoping I would be well enough to get married and go on my honeymoon!

5 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

What makes me sad is this is the day before her wedding. She should be going out to lunch with her girlfriends, going to the spa, drinking champagne, laughing, buying sexy lingerie, packing for her honeymoon, doing last-minute pre-wedding fun stuff. ?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, yogi2014L said:

Phew haha!! I don't know why that one immediately popped into my head??? I have been to church exactly 3 times in the last 4 years all for either funerals or baptisms. LOL

I'm betting it was the prominent use of "Thou" in both. lol   

And you think you hate yourself? I don't even watch the show and have been an atheist since about age eight. And I knew the right answer! ... Somehow I'm still a fan of a lot of hymns. I had a similar knowledge moment over the clip the Dills posted of Jilly Muffin playing her violin to Izzy for the (apparently) first time. People were annoyed that she played a slow hymn instead of something lively. I, on the other hand, had been struck by the fact that she played it pretty nicely. And that it was another hymn that I really like -- "Beautiful Savior," or "Fairest Lord Jesus," depending on who you are.    I spent the next three or four days singing multiple verses of it under my breath and thinking how beautiful the song is. ha  

We probably should all just admit that we're powerless over the obsessions we have that draw us to endlessly commenting on the damn Duggars. :-)

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I'm betting it was the prominent use of "Thou" in both. lol   

And you think you hate yourself? I don't even watch the show and have been an atheist since about age eight. And I knew the right answer! ... Somehow I'm still a fan of a lot of hymns. I had a similar knowledge moment over the clip the Dills posted of Jilly Muffin playing her violin to Izzy for the (apparently) first time. People were annoyed that she played a slow hymn instead of something lively. I, on the other hand, had been struck by the fact that she played it pretty nicely. And that it was another hymn that I really like -- "Beautiful Savior," or "Fairest Lord Jesus," depending on who you are.    I spent the next three or four days singing multiple verses of it under my breath and thinking how beautiful the song is. ha  

We probably should all just admit that we're powerless over the obsessions we have that draw us to endlessly commenting on the damn Duggars. :-)

That's pretty impressive !! 

As for endlessly snarking on Duggars- God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change Haha.

:-)

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 7

I have a question - if the Duggar girls can get married in a beautiful, huge church, why do they cater their receptions outside in a parking lot?  Why not keep it in the same building?  Unless you all are kidding about hosting a wedding reception in a parking lot, but these are the Duggars, so I have to assume it's true.

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I have a question - if the Duggar girls can get married in a beautiful, huge church, why do they cater their receptions outside in a parking lot?  Why not keep it in the same building?  Unless you all are kidding about hosting a wedding reception in a parking lot, but these are the Duggars, so I have to assume it's true.

I think it's a two-fold purpose. The reception hall attached to the church may have a maximum capacity allowed due to fire codes. Second, making everyone stand around in a freezing or broiling parking lot with no food or seating discourages them from lingering. That way the A-crowd can get back to the TTH for the real celebration.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

A nice traditional 18th-century hymn. Not pop-py like How Great Thou Art. It seems to be a popular one to do contemporary versions of, for some reason.

I like it, too. We had "Come Thou Fount" as the recessional at our wedding. 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

I would love to see the Rodriguii and the Duggars joined in holy matrimony!  That would give us lots and lots to snark on.  Jill and Nurie could move into Bin's old warehouse digs where Jill could carefully monitor a nice, lengthy courtship!

This would be epic. Warm up season of Sierra and Jill seeing who could simper and be sweet the most over Who Is The Holiest Duggar Bestie. Jill setting Wiley Coyote traps in attempts to trap Duggar boys with her girls. You know all if would take is a box propped up with a stick and a sandwich under it to lure one of them in. She can take Jinger's piano and drop it out the treehouse window on Marj if she shows back up. We may all die if the Rodriguii kids try to out fiddle screech the Duggar kids. Grand finale comes when those girls are rejected and Jill has to resort to accusing Jimbob or one of the boys of acting unrighteousness towards her daughters. I can see some possum hair pulling and windmill slapping from Michelle, no matter how many back muscles she's lost. 

• Love 11
On ‎2016‎-‎11‎-‎03 at 0:43 PM, Sew Sumi said:

And with that in mind, let's play a game! I've filled in my list below, just follow suit, and feel free to make up your own categories! 

Wedding location: NWA

Colors: Mustard yellow and puke green (Jinger seems to favor them LOL)

Wedding party: Jessa MOH; wedding party: all sisters down to Johannah, a wild card girl, maybe a Query or Jennifer Hartono/Luis BM; wedding party: Ben, maybe the brother (gotta even out the girls' side), other soccer/religious buddies (eta: Luis and the Red Bulls have a game on Sunday, but fundie weddings end early; he can easily be back in NYC Saturday night)

First kiss: will be at the altar (well, the first lip lock at any rate). She will cling to him. 

Will Smuggar be in pictures? Yes, in the ones they put on their website, BUT he'll be photoshopped out of the People/In Touch version. 

Honeymoon: London or Madrid (somewhere soccer is huge and in season)

Guest list: 600-800 (seems like all the usual Gothard suspects as well as Duggar hangers-on (Rods) are invited)

Mechelle's dress: puke green monstrosity with Danskos

Food: Coffee bar and cookies (punch for the kids)

Until that SEVERLY cryptic message from Jill, it seemed we would have no way of predicting this possibly intimate and dignified wedding.. now just copy and paste whatever Jill and Jessa did.

Colours: Warm, none of the girls choose cool colours.

Wedding Party: Sisters and maybe a few friends, Some brothers and Bin in Babes party to make up the difference.

First Kiss: already happened, but the redo at the alter. Cringe embarrassing herself with her worshiping Babe like he's Jesus.

Smuggar will be in some photos but not front and centre

Honeymoon: Wherever TLC decides to film. They've done Paris, so they will want something different.

Guest List: Hear ye, hear ye there's a weddin' in Arkansas for the Duggs!

Michelle's dress: Something with customized modesty panels that ruins it.

Finger Food for the masses, and a barbeque for the 'special' people.

Edited by sometimesy
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I like the hymn too, but I don't know those words and neither I think does Jeremy. Churchhoney is right.  However it's very common to give old hymns and traditional tunes new lyrics.

I googled "Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing" and I recognized the tune.

I know this hymn as "God We Praise You, God We Bless You" and those, I think, are the lyrics Jeremy uses. 

Anyway it's a nice hymn when you don't sing it as dirge-tempo.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

This would be epic. Warm up season of Sierra and Jill seeing who could simper and be sweet the most over Who Is The Holiest Duggar Bestie. Jill setting Wiley Coyote traps in attempts to trap Duggar boys with her girls. You know all if would take is a box propped up with a stick and a sandwich under it to lure one of them in. She can take Jinger's piano and drop it out the treehouse window on Marj if she shows back up. We may all die if the Rodriguii kids try to out fiddle screech the Duggar kids. Grand finale comes when those girls are rejected and Jill has to resort to accusing Jimbob or one of the boys of acting unrighteousness towards her daughters. I can see some possum hair pulling and windmill slapping from Michelle, no matter how many back muscles she's lost. 

Omg THIS  ☝?️☝?️☝?️

I'm serious...this is the funniest thing I've read in a LONG TIME.  Thank you from the dark pit of my snarky soul.  

• Love 3

That's where Marjorie is attending college. Hmmm....look for her in the wedding party. 

I'm hoping Babe's family & friends are staying as far away from the TTH as they can.

The poster at FJ (not deleted, so they must check out) said that Jeremy's soccer friend commented that he was not going to attend a "dry wedding in Arkansas." 

Same person says that Jeremy is NOT a virgin, so he's been defiled. I guess it's okay to become a born-again virgin and re-purify oneself. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 8

Yes, JBU is in Sialom Springs, where Smuggar bought his house (that he may or may not still own through a trust). 

I checked mileage from the TTH or at least Springdale once we knew where the house was located, and it's somewhere between 15-20 miles away. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

So college sports and college chapels are okay...just so they stay far away from the education part!

Yeah. Cause that would mean work. Opening your mind to somebody else. Tuition payments. Awful things like that. Far better to just use the big chapel and watch the football. Those don't require you to make any effort or be willing to change.

• Love 8

The cathedral seats 900.  So much for an intimate wedding.  Or breaking Duggar tradition.  The only thing is that most colleges/universities do not allow you to bring in your own food to events like this...you have to have it catered through their food service at very expensive prices.  So most likely no parking lot reception.  Unless Jim Bob fenangled something...

Edited by Lady Edith
  • Love 7

Maybe they'll make everyone drive the 15 miles or so to the Duggar compound for the coffee reception? Nah, that would be insanity. I DO expect there to be an after-party there, though. 

No way Boob pays for anything that resembles a normal reception, unless, being a Christian college, they offer cake and punch receptions. I still have a hard time seeing Boob cede power over ANYTHING to ANYONE, even a Christian college. 

• Love 3

I'm curious how much it costs to have a wedding there if you have no alumni ties. I didn't attend JBU, but I did go to another Christian college nearby. Their chapel was popular for weddings, but it was apparently very steep to rent if you were not a former student. 

Incidentally, I've lived in NWA for years and never realized you could do weddings at JBU. I could just be woefully ignorant because I've never had to plan a wedding around here, but I do know that a lot of locals--as well as tourists--go to one of the locations in Eureka Springs if they want a "fancy" wedding, though I have a hard time seeing the Duggars fitting in there. . . .

Edited by Zella
  • Love 1

Well, it's not as if the Duggars are going to stage a "fancy" wedding, so I think that's a moot point. That said, wasn't Jessa's proposal at that glass chapel in Eureka Springs? How did they deal with all the evil liberals and the gheys? 

• Love 1

Oh thank fuck she's getting married. Now we can move on with our lives.

Marrying in a Cathedral seems a major step up for any Duggar wedding, let's hope that Baaaaabe's influence will continue to be positive in her life.

Marriage in Germany is somewhat different, you must go to the Registry Office and officially get married there, after that, Church or whatever is an extra. It's different for you lot, right?

Gotta love the Anti Duggar FB bitch "don't be stalking them but if you ARE going on a walk, take photos"......that woman has a major attention whore problem. And she fancies herself as the authority of all that is good. Blah.

Kudos for keeping the date private, so there won't be too many Duggar huggers or other assorted riff raff. Personally, apart from the snark I really couldn't care less anyhow

Edit, okayyyyyyyyyyyy.......THAT's a Cathedral??? I may be showing my own roots, but a Cathedral should be a large majestic building. That's a Church. And historic? Built in 1945 is not historic......muahahahahaha.

Edited by MunichNark
  • Love 15
6 hours ago, Absolom said:

The school website has trouble counting seats.  One place it says 900 seat and two other places it says 1000.  Either way it's capable of holding a good sized crowd. 

And another says, "Part of the heritage of John Brown University, the Cathedral of the Ozark's three floors houses classrooms, offices and music studios in addition to the 1,200-seat chapel."

• Love 3

I'm curious too about the cost of the wedding.  Did they get a good deal because they are the Duggars, are on TV & that is a good promotion for the college? I'm still figuring out why you would get married at a college you have no ties to. And why a college church in the first place when the Duggars don't believe much in higher education (or any education for that matter.)  I guess they were just looking at churches that could accommodate a large crowd & had availability & this fit the bill. I'm waiting for God to strike the Duggars down when they enter the college grounds.

• Love 6

Is there a soccer field on campus? Reception on a field. It was said they were setting up all day. There's not much to set up for just the wedding ceremony. So I wonder what and where they were setting up all day, on Duggar time, of course.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

And another says, "Part of the heritage of John Brown University, the Cathedral of the Ozark's three floors houses classrooms, offices and music studios in addition to the 1,200-seat chapel."

The school also has a little side business in which they cater and decorate, apparently. I'm sure they also just rent out, though.

"We understand that events can be expensive, so we customize events based on your specific budget. Our culinary experts can whip up an impeccable menu for an unforgettable dining experience. JBU offers the latest presentation technology in our event spaces and employs qualified, professional technicians to be present at each event for technical support. Need decorations? The Events Staff will consult with you on the latest decor trends and brainstorm the perfect decoration for your event. When hosting an event at JBU, you simply explain your vision and watch it fall into place!"

Maybe Jessa explained her vision.

http://www.jbu.edu/events/type/weddings/

Edited by Churchhoney
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

The school also has a little side business in which they cater and decorate, apparently. I'm sure they also just rent out, though.

"We understand that events can be expensive, so we customize events based on your specific budget. Our culinary experts can whip up an impeccable menu for an unforgettable dining experience. JBU offers the latest presentation technology in our event spaces and employs qualified, professional technicians to be present at each event for technical support. Need decorations? The Events Staff will consult with you on the latest decor trends and brainstorm the perfect decoration for your event. When hosting an event at JBU, you simply explain your vision and watch it fall into place!"

Maybe Jessa explained her vision.

http://www.jbu.edu/events/type/weddings/

I've worked for two different universities throughout my career.  One private and one public.  Neither one allowed "outside" food to be brought in.  Partly because of the sales aspect.  But the bigger picture is food safety.  The Universities do not want to be held liable for any food safety issues in the event that someone becomes ill. Even though the event hosts would be in charge of the food, in our sue-happy society, the school could be named in the lawsuit as well.  At my last place of employment they didn't want any food brought in at all.  Even office treats.  All had to be ordered through catering and a sign announcing possible allergens placed in a prominent place next to the food.  

So with this in mind, if the wedding venue has similar rules, JB would have to purchase any refreshments through the school's catering department.  At a premium.  Which puts Sierra out of the picture for catering.  All of this is speculation, of course.  

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Zella said:

I'm curious how much it costs to have a wedding there if you have no alumni ties. I didn't attend JBU, but I did go to another Christian college nearby. Their chapel was popular for weddings, but it was apparently very steep to rent if you were not a former student. 

Incidentally, I've lived in NWA for years and never realized you could do weddings at JBU. I could just be woefully ignorant because I've never had to plan a wedding around here, but I do know that a lot of locals--as well as tourists--go to one of the locations in Eureka Springs if they want a "fancy" wedding, though I have a hard time seeing the Duggars fitting in there. . . .

I live near a prestigious university that has a beautiful medieval-styled cathedral on campus, complete with pipe organ.  It's GORGEOUS.  And a very popular place for weddings.  The place is booked YEARS in advance and you must be alumni or faculty/staff in order to even be considered for rental.  I wonder if It's the same for JinJer's venue?  Maybe TLC was able to pull strings to make it happen?  If so, I would be ticked off if I was an alumnus or someone who tried to rent the facility and was turned down for those reasons.  Either way, great publicity for the school...

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

I live near a prestigious university that has a beautiful medieval-styled cathedral on campus, complete with pipe organ.  It's GORGEOUS.  And a very popular place for weddings.  The place is booked YEARS in advance and you must be alumni or faculty/staff in order to even be considered for rental.  I wonder if It's the same for JinJer's venue?  Maybe TLC was able to pull strings to make it happen?  If so, I would be ticked off if I was an alumnus or someone who tried to rent the facility and was turned down for those reasons.  Either way, great publicity for the school...

Yeah I think you're probably right about TLC being the mover behind this. Even if the place had open slots, if it's anything like my college, it isn't cheap. I really don't see the Duggars shelling out money.

I just now visited the Cathedral's website. Yep. It's about what I'd expect if a rich white evangelical guy in Arkansas wanted to build a huge honking monument to himself in 1945 and call it something fancy. It's not merely the John Brown University Cathedral, it's the Cathedral of the Whole Damned Ozarks! Money talks and walks in these matters. And often this kind of pretentious silliness results.

The exterior IMO is neither memorably awful or remarkably attractive. Just a decent mid-20th-Century limestone Gothic-inspired church structure. Inside it's got a few decorative flourishes (wood wainscoting, some stained glass) but it's mainly just your basic functional small town American Baptist church, only larger. 

I can understand the puzzlement of our European friends over that "Cathedral" name. 

I'll never believe the Duggars paid for that venue themselves. I believe TLC did, perhaps in search of a different or better venue for filming. It crossed my mind that the Baptist church(es) they've used for weddings were already booked, or even that the church(es) weren't interested in another TLC-filmed mob scene Duggar event. I could easily believe that the church was left a mess after each of the Duggar weddings, and absolutely know that neither Michelle, nor Jim Bob, nor any of their precious loinfruit, would have lifted a righteous finger to restore the premises to their pre-event condition. 

I am so hoping for a hyooge attendance at the Babe/Cringe nuptials, and it would be the cherry on top if crazy Jill R. gets face time with the TLC cameras. Oh, please, please, please!!

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Well, it's not as if the Duggars are going to stage a "fancy" wedding, so I think that's a moot point. That said, wasn't Jessa's proposal at that glass chapel in Eureka Springs? How did they deal with all the evil liberals and the gheys? 

Thorncrown? I hasn't realized Jessa got engaged there ( I sometimes have to step away from the Duggars for a few months for the sake of my sanity), but yeah that is a much more popular option than JBU.

The old hotels in Eureka are also popular. they also offer fairly decent prices during the off season.

In a very Duggar like move, a childhood acquaintance got married at one several years ago in October. Despite all of the facilities being discounted, she opted for the even cheaper option of getting married outside the hotel,  so we all got to freeze and not even look at the hotel interiors and then we got to drive forever to get to her reception spot because apparently shelling out money for the hotel to cater was not an option. Fun times! :/

If the Duggars ever did a Eureka wedding,  I think they'd totally pull the same shit. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Lady Edith said:

I've worked for two different universities throughout my career.  One private and one public.  Neither one allowed "outside" food to be brought in.  Partly because of the sales aspect.  But the bigger picture is food safety.  The Universities do not want to be held liable for any food safety issues in the event that someone becomes ill. Even though the event hosts would be in charge of the food, in our sue-happy society, the school could be named in the lawsuit as well.  At my last place of employment they didn't want any food brought in at all.  Even office treats.  All had to be ordered through catering and a sign announcing possible allergens placed in a prominent place next to the food.  

So with this in mind, if the wedding venue has similar rules, JB would have to purchase any refreshments through the school's catering department.  At a premium.  Which puts Sierra out of the picture for catering.  All of this is speculation, of course.  

One can only hope!

I was wondering whether they might have found another nearby place for the reception -- some huge picnic room and pavilion at a park or something (where you could expand into the parking lot for the ice cream!). Or if he has to buy it, he'll confine himself to coffee, kids' punch and the really small cookies. ... Or else TLC is picking up the tab. Which would seem quite possible.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 2

My very first wedding as a bridesmaid was a Baptist wedding.  The food at the church hall reception was punch, wedding cake, mixed nuts, and mints.  We were only 21, this was my smartest friend who ended up with a PhD in Biostatistics, and was divorced two years later LOL!  I can't see Babe going for this however. My takeaway from that experience was that 21 was way too young for people like us to get married!

• Love 6

Marrying in a Cathedral seems a major step up for any Duggar wedding

It isn't a real cathedral in the traditional sense.  It's just what the college named their chapel/music auditorium combo.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Lady Edith said:

I just saw on Sierra's instagram that she's selling 3 storage units of linens, vases and decor items, and is moving away from "that aspect of weddings." I'm not sure what she means by wanting to do the "coordination aspect" - does that mean make the arrangements for caterers, etc. rather than actually be the caterer, etc?

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

I just saw on Sierra's instagram that she's selling 3 storage units of linens, vases and decor items, and is moving away from "that aspect of weddings." I'm not sure what she means by wanting to do the "coordination aspect" - does that mean make the arrangements for caterers, etc. rather than actually be the caterer, etc?

Oh, good Lord. That's felony font abuse. She obviously knows fuck all about design, despite her email address.

ETA: At least she used "you're" correctly, which is light years ahead of all too many people on social media. 

Edited by Jeeves
(1) Because the correct use of "you're" is to be appreciated. Kind of like when you spot a rare bird. (2) In my haste to snark, I wrote "to" instead of "too." I'll head to the prayer closet now.
  • Love 12
8 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

Sierra -- administrative coordinator and middleman. That oughta be good. I assume that maybe she's trying to move up to a better class of wedding, with an array of vendors and more cash? She'd better hope the melted ice-cream fiasco and the no-chairs and no-heaters incidents aren't on youtube. They don't cast her coordinating abilities in a very good light.

• Love 5

@LadyEdith (tagging function is not working for me today), a lady in one of my private groups said that the schools around her allowed food to be brought in. She lives in Georgia, I believe. Maybe it's a Southern thing? I just can't picture Boob handing over money to someone to do something his expert litter of children can do for free (save expenses for the "food" and "drink").

But if Sierra isn't catering this wedding, who is? Her post makes it clear that she "coordinated" it. 

I looked at the pictures of the Cathedral, and it reminds me of a high school auditorium with stained glass windows. It's not atrocious by any means, but there's nothing about it that screams "I must get married here" the way Thorncrown would to me. I'm also curious as to how Jinger will walk down the aisle considering there's a large section of seats right in the middle. Does she walk down on the left or the right? Either way about half the guests won't be able to see her.

• Love 5