Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jeremy's Masters Seminary has been put on probation by inevitably accreditors. 

https://www.christianpost.com/news/john-macarthurs-masters-university-put-on-probation-by-accrediting-agency-226926/

Considering that the university is associated with the MacArthur-pastored Grace Community Church, the commission expressed concern with the fact that MacArthur and a number of cabinet-level leaders are "also on staff at GCC" while several staff members also attend GCC.

"The institution does not meet the WSCUC requirement for governing board independence since many members of the Board are employed by the institution or another organization for which the president has authority," the July 18 letter to TMUS reads. "According to the WSCUC Governing Board Policy, 'for an institutional governing board to be considered independent, a majority of its members may not have interests that influence their impartial decision making, create multiple and potentially conflicting relationships, or result in competing loyalties.' Board members cannot independently evaluate a Chief Executive Officer to whom they report."

Among the commission's concerns are the lack qualifications for staff members in university leadership positions, questionable independence of the TMUS board of trustees, operational integrity and a "climate of fear, intimidation, bullying" among faculty and staff.

I find these excerpts very interesting.

• Love 18
On 9/8/2018 at 6:55 AM, floridamom said:

Yes, a cute photo of Felicity. She looks like a happy baby. Can't help but say that in this photo, I believe she's looking at the bow on her head and is asking "what is this thing that's growing out of my head?"

I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt since you’re from Florida, and you clearly don’t know the unofficial Texas motto, “The bigger the bow, the closer to God.” 

13 hours ago, TVFAN said:

Thankfully, I do not see blanket training in that little cutie's future.  She's a Daddy's girl, and he won't allow anyone with a blanket within miles of her.  

She is beautiful, and what immediately jumps out at me is the perfect roundness of her head. That is a baby who is held a whole lot. 

• Love 17
4 hours ago, doodlebug said:

‘Fear, intimidation and bullying’ seems to be the fundie holy trinity.

Really, who cares about faith, hope, and love when you have fear, intimidation, and bullying? :P

• Love 20

I'm impressed by that video of Michelle zipping around the rink on roller skates. She's really athletic. I wonder if she downplays it so the Boobster doesn't feel insecure. 

Felicity looks exactly like Jingle. I thought for sure Jeremy's genes would dominate, but at this stage it doesn't look to be the case. 

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

Meh. No matter how short you’re able to cut their nails, those things are like razors. Babies tend to scratch their faces up pretty bad. I have more of a problem with her sleeping in head bands. But a sleeping baby is a happy baby. 

They probably had her dressed up for church, hence the headband.  Or not. ? All I know is I would love to be her nanny! (I’m baby-crazy but was never able to have any of my own)

• Love 5
12 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

She is beautiful, but surely she doesn’t need to sleep with those damn mittens(or whatever they’re called) on!  

I'm irritated by it, too.  Another Duggar (Jill or Joy) used these and I believe the word "torture" was used here.  

12 hours ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

Meh. No matter how short you’re able to cut their nails, those things are like razors. Babies tend to scratch their faces up pretty bad. I have more of a problem with her sleeping in head bands. But a sleeping baby is a happy baby. 

Felicity must always be camera ready for Babe's perfect family image.  He may decide to take an adoring picture, gazing at her wonderingly in a perfectly choreographed "natural" moment. 

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I'm irritated by it, too.  Another Duggar (Jill or Joy) used these and I believe the word "torture" was used here.  

Felicity must always be camera ready for Babe's perfect family image.  He may decide to take an adoring picture, gazing at her wonderingly in a perfectly choreographed "natural" moment. 

Exactly! Not saying he does not adore her, but he has an image to hold on to. The perfect wife and perfect child to parade around in order to make himself look good to the general public.

5 minutes ago, Annb67 said:

In defense of them...I know, the world is ending and pigs are flying. When I was a young mom, before camera phones and social media, any picture taken of me with my babies, I usually made sure it was cute and we didn't look like shit. I'm not faulting them for that.

When I was an infant and small child, my mom almost always had me in cute outfits and there was no social media. IN winter, I had a coat with a matching muff and hat. These were the 60s we dressed up! 

She also made us matching outfits. 

• Love 22
16 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I admit I cannot stand Jinger or Jeremy at all, but I admit it is nice to see Jeremy's love for his sweet little girl. A nice change of pace from the other Duggar parents.

Lissy is much more fortunate than any of her cousins.  I agree Jer is a poser, but Lissy's the apple of his eye, and that's great.

• Love 16
10 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

https://people.com/tv/jinger-duggar-why-she-didnt-feel-comfortable-home-birth/

An article about why Jinger didn't want a home birth. I think this is her way of saying, "Suck it, Dr. Jill". 

“My mom and quite a few of my sisters have done home births and for me, I don’t feel comfortable with it. I think I feel safer being in a birth center where they have a lot more things that you would need for care and also being closer to a really good hospital,” Jinger explains."

There ya go. Common sense. 

• Love 12

I'm glad Jinger's using common sense, but to me a birth center really isn't that far removed from having the baby at home. If an emergency arises, they still have to transfer you, so you're in a race against the clock either way. Personally, I'd rather just go to a hospital from the get-go and not have to worry about a back-up plan. 

• Love 11
22 minutes ago, Annb67 said:

There ya go. Common sense. 

Well, she forgot the part where some of her sisters attempted home births and wound up in the hospital because of complications.

I’m sure that influenced her decision, and scared the hell out of her.

• Love 19
57 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I'm glad Jinger's using common sense, but to me a birth center really isn't that far removed from having the baby at home. If an emergency arises, they still have to transfer you, so you're in a race against the clock either way. Personally, I'd rather just go to a hospital from the get-go and not have to worry about a back-up plan. 

I thought the place she chose to give birth was a birth center adjacent to and affiliated with a hospital.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Spencer Hastings said:

It’s interesting that she was leaning towards the birthing center but ultimately ended up just going to the hospital right off the bat.  That’s where her sisters ended up anyway so she might as well cut out the extra steps. 

I would expect that they don't induce labor at the birthing center, most don't.  So, when they decided on the induction, they automatically opted for the hospital, too.

• Love 8

Not to be an alarmist as I realize eye color often changes during the baby's first year, but ...

I just read an article about this little girl with beautiful eyes. The mom explains that her daughter was born with some anomaly with the added symptom of glaucoma.

I hope that J & J believe in well baby care and little Felicity will be seen regularly by a pediatrician. 

That was her due date. Sorry if I seem argumentative or nitpicky, but she announced her due date as 7/18. The pic was at 38w4d, so a week later is like 3 days early. 

From this, I surmise that they had that 7/18 "due date" planned for some time. But it was only days early, not weeks.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 4

Would a doctor induce weeks early if it wasn't medically necessary?

I can understand doing so if continuing with the pregnancy would pose a risk to the health of baby or mother, but inducing early because a woman would rather push an eight pound kid out of her vag than a nine or ten seems kind of selfish. I'm hoping Felicity was fully cooked when Jinger gave birth. 

• Love 2

I was induced with my third, I requested it early in the pregnancy, and a date was chosen. It wasn’t medically necessary. My labor with my second was so quick she was born at home. I told the doctor I didn’t want to wake up and find the baby had been born while I slept. 

• Love 8

A coworker of mine was adamant on going to a birth center.  She didn’t want to be in the setting of a hospital, sterile and cold, but she didn’t feel comfortable at home.  So she settled for a happy medium and had the baby in what looked like a hot tub.

• Love 1

We knew someone whose doctor wouldn't induce and she was a week overdue. Fortunately my memory is she had the baby with little complications. 

I feel like if someone wants to be induced at full-term it would be okay. I actually used to think it was a good idea to wait to go into labor, but like Jinger, I've changed my mind watching her sisters. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 1