Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

(edited)

Not a JereME fan but he came off as pretty good in the "after show" episodes.  He seemed less overly smiley and more calm.  His answers actually made some sense.

Jinger was clinging to him like a life preserver! It was very clear how stunted Jinger's development is and how she is trying so hard to pull it together, looking at Jeremy for guidance and support.  I feel she looks at him like "this is OK, right?"  Kinda like a tour guide in a foreign land trying to understand the language and culture. 

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 7
37 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Not a JereME fan but he came off as pretty good in the "after show" episodes.  He seemed less overly smiley and more calm.  His answers actually made some sense.

Jinger was clinging to him like a life preserver! It was very clear how stunted Jinger's development is and how she is trying so hard to pull it together, looking at Jeremy for guidance and support.  I feel she looks at him like "this is OK, right?"  Kinda like a tour guide in a foreign land trying to understand the language and culture. 

She really did cling to Babe.  She didn't even let go to tickle or even acknowledge Spurge when Jana was holding him. 

• Love 2

I noticed that when Jinger is responding to a question, or TALKING IN GENERAL about anything, her eyes always seem to divert over to Jeremy, YES, as it to get his approval about what's she's saying. For heaven's sake, she's a 23 year old woman. This girl can't decide what to make for dinner on her own. I bet Jeremy has to take her grocery shopping because she can't use a debit/credit card.

This could grow old very quickly for Jeremy.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Jinger is really emotionally separating from her family. 

So true, and I'm so happy she doesn't look guilty about it.  Jeremy has a lot of really messed up ideas that get no pass from me, but he does seem to want Jinger to spread her wings and become, if not educated, at least an independent person who can function in society.  Hopefully he'll succeed in breaking Jinger out of the family mindset, not by badmouthing her family and telling her how weird and wrong they are, but by building her self-confidence in positive ways.  But man, no matter how much I loved someone it would be exhausting to start from Jinger's level of dysfunctional thought.  It's so ingrained that apparently even cooking a simple meal requires the equivalent of a standing ovation to show her she's capable.  

I think the first three husbands (too soon to tell about Austin) have been truly shocked by how emotionally damaged and fragile their wives are.  The girls were raised in that batshit crazy family, but none of the husbands were raised anywhere close to that level of patriarchal fundamentalism.  It was probably easy to overlook during the laughable courting phase, but now?  Not so much.  At least so far, Ben and Derick seem like good parenting partners - they both seem equally invested in raising their kids.  On the other hand, my condolences to the unfortunates who marry those indoctrinated, lazy as shit Duggar boys.  Forget partnership, they'll expect their wives and daughters to do everything, because that's what's been modeled to them their entire lives.  Their don't-lift-a-goddamn finger lifestyle won't change, other than the "bonus" of receiving joyful availability at the drop of a horny Duggar hat.  Yeeesh.  

• Love 15
56 minutes ago, floridamom said:

I noticed that when Jinger is responding to a question, or TALKING IN GENERAL about anything, her eyes always seem to divert over to Jeremy, YES, as it to get his approval about what's she's saying. For heaven's sake, she's a 23 year old woman. This girl can't decide what to make for dinner on her own. I bet Jeremy has to take her grocery shopping because she can't use a debit/credit card.

This could grow old very quickly for Jeremy.

Well, it could, but I think Jer is eating up all the adoration.  I would bet that none of the women he ever met or dated would give him that "OMG, he's so awesome, baaaaaabe kind of worship.  He got to bag a virgin and is just loving molding her to what HE wants, and she's lapping it up.  No Duggar has ever given her enough attention, and she is COMPLETELY starry-eyed and so appreciative of her new headship and all the s-e-x that she's been dreaming about, and that her FUBAR parental units flaunted in front of ALL 19 of them, forever.

The perfect Stepford wife.  But it's got to be better than living with Boob and Meeeeechelle, and doing all the crap work they stuck her with.

• Love 23
40 minutes ago, Magoo said:

So true, and I'm so happy she doesn't look guilty about it.  Jeremy has a lot of really messed up ideas that get no pass from me, but he does seem to want Jinger to spread her wings and become, if not educated, at least an independent person who can function in society.  Hopefully he'll succeed in breaking Jinger out of the family mindset, not by badmouthing her family and telling her how weird and wrong they are, but by building her self-confidence in positive ways.  But man, no matter how much I loved someone it would be exhausting to start from Jinger's level of dysfunctional thought.  It's so ingrained that apparently even cooking a simple meal requires the equivalent of a standing ovation to show her she's capable.  

I think the first three husbands (too soon to tell about Austin) have been truly shocked by how emotionally damaged and fragile their wives are.  The girls were raised in that batshit crazy family, but none of the husbands were raised anywhere close to that level of patriarchal fundamentalism.  It was probably easy to overlook during the laughable courting phase, but now?  Not so much.  At least so far, Ben and Derick seem like good parenting partners - they both seem equally invested in raising their kids.  On the other hand, my condolences to the unfortunates who marry those indoctrinated, lazy as shit Duggar boys.  Forget partnership, they'll expect their wives and daughters to do everything, because that's what's been modeled to them their entire lives.  Their don't-lift-a-goddamn finger lifestyle won't change, other than the "bonus" of receiving joyful availability at the drop of a horny Duggar hat.  Yeeesh.  

Once she is out of the family mindset no one will have to tell her how crazy and weird her family are she will see it.  

• Love 5
On 7/12/2017 at 1:03 PM, lascuba said:

Which is why any "wordly" man filling out that questionnaire probably lies. 

FASCINATING that Jim Boob insisted on total transparency for any man dating his daughter, but did not offer the same in return. One can only imagine what happened when each of these guys found out they'd be dealing with a sexual assault survivor and a perpetrator that was also a family member.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Well, it could, but I think Jer is eating up all the adoration.  I would bet that none of the women he ever met or dated would give him that "OMG, he's so awesome, baaaaaabe kind of worship.  He got to bag a virgin and is just loving molding her to what HE wants, and she's lapping it up.  No Duggar has ever given her enough attention, and she is COMPLETELY starry-eyed and so appreciative of her new headship and all the s-e-x that she's been dreaming about, and that her FUBAR parental units flaunted in front of ALL 19 of them, forever.

The perfect Stepford wife.  But it's got to be better than living with Boob and Meeeeechelle, and doing all the crap work they stuck her with.

Yep, I definitely see this with him. There could be no other reason for him to fall for Jinger or any Duggar. (How can you tell if a man marrying a Duggar is an asshole? He's marrying a Duggar.) That said, if he's actually being semi-decent and trying to be supportive, then yeah, being with someone who needs constant hand holding could grow old (think teeth-gritting David Waller), not to mention that the blind adoration isn't going to last forever. Jeremy just might end up kicking himself for his choice in wife. 

• Love 6
58 minutes ago, cdp73 said:

She really loves those shoes, doesn't she?

But in this case, they look really cute and the outfit is adorable. Any normal 20-something would wear that.

I'm coveting the setting....love the doorway and the iron work and the greenery. Nicely posed pic. Beautiful place. ((Anyone know where it is?))

• Love 18
3 hours ago, Magoo said:

I agree -- especially Derick and Ben. They were both young and inexperienced with women, and I don't think either of them really knew what he was getting into.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, cdp73 said:

She really loves those shoes, doesn't she?

She may be like me--I'm very picky about shoes and if I find a pair I will literally wear them until they fall apart. My feet can't wear cheap shoes so I try and get my money's worth. 

If if those are Antelope or OTBT brand they run about $100 a pair. 

• Love 12
5 hours ago, Marigold said:

Jinger is really emotionally separating from her family.

What happens when her control freak parents realize this? I'd like to see her make a real friend.

Shoe does have her own hose and independent income. She could be an underground railroad for the over 18's that need to escape safely. Get a restraining order against jin's parent's, Jer!

• Love 8

It's not absurd. I know she's still in an unhealthy relationship with unequal power dynamics, but at least on the surface, she seems to be gaining the space for independence. She's demonstrating that virtue and skinny jeans can co-exist. At the very least, it's got to be good modeling for the other Duggars that there are alternatives to Gothard's strict rules. 

And she's only early 20s. If she really is as happy as she seems being away from her family and with Jeremy, she has time still to heal and blossom into a comfortable-with-independent-thinking person. I'm not sure in that future if her marriage with Jeremy will last, but maybe he'll grow and moderate, too. At the very least, it's nice to have hope that one of the children may end up happy and getting at least close to her dreams. 

• Love 20
7 hours ago, Genevrier said:

All right Jinger, you're doing very well with your 'Dressing Like a Normal Human' program. Now let's talk about haircuts. 

I read this as, Dressing Like a Normal Human in Progress ... 

• Love 9
14 hours ago, Missy Vixen said:

FASCINATING that Jim Boob insisted on total transparency for any man dating his daughter, but did not offer the same in return. One can only imagine what happened when each of these guys found out they'd be dealing with a sexual assault survivor and a perpetrator that was also a family member.

Just par for the course for the crappy grifty, hypocritical liar-and-manipulator-in-chief, of course.

Jizm Bob's pretensions to holiness and virtue make me ill. And yet there are people out there who reward them by paying him to make speeches about his moral principles. What the hell is wrong with people. 

2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I read this as, Dressing Like a Normal Human in Progress ... 

that, too 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Jinger's outfit would look great on a 50 year old. Baby steps. I do like the shoes.

I'd wear it myself.  Coral is a favorite color of mine.

The top could even be worn in a few years if & when she decides to have a blessing.  It would beat those skin-tight t-shirts Jill & Jessa seem addicted to.

• Love 15

Does anyone know (or have an idea) how tall Jinger is? Did a (very quick) Google search but couldn't find anything.

I know she's wearing wedges in that picture, but it got me wondering.

3 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Just par for the course for the crappy grifty, hypocritical liar-and-manipulator-in-chief, of course.

Jizm Bob's pretensions to holiness and virtue make me ill. And yet there are people out there who reward them by paying him to make speeches about his moral principles. What the hell is wrong with people. 

that, too 

Jim Boob is a piece of shit. I would have LOVED to be a fly on the wall during the first convo after the wedding between the Holy Goalie and KJB. It probably happened over the phone and got heated at the least. He's not my favorite and I do not understand why he married Jinger (she's "meek"? Now that he knows her better, does he still hold that impression?) but I can't imagine his remaining silent when he was asked to fill out an exhaustive questionnaire with some highly personal info about himself and the Duggars stonewalled any effort to learn about his soon-to-be-wife and family.

Let's face it, the Holy Goalie had probably had a heads-up before their wedding but I will always wonder if any of them decided to tell KJB how things were (so to speak) post wedding.

• Love 5

And just maybe he either didn't answer the questionnaire or did with some very brief answers. I don't see him intimidated by JB At All and Jinger was of legal age and might have told JB how it was going to play out. Jessa did threaten to elope. So there's that. 

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Jeremy took a completely different route with the questionnaire; he over answered every question. JB probably hasn't finished reading the answers.

Boob is probably having to look up every word that was 3 syllables or more, that Jeremy used.

I hope JerJin keep on keeping on, and Boob's head eventually explodes.  

• Love 20
18 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Jinger's outfit would look great on a 50 year old.

Well, if you mean on her 50-something-year-old mother-in-law?  Then...yes.

On her former role model (Mullet) ....then....no.

If that neckline did some plunging, I could see it on cousin Amy.

2 hours ago, Jellybeans said:

I do not think Jinger is as meek as some think.  It takes lots of guts to go against everything you have been taught- and do things like wear shorts, pants, go out alone, etc... what I see is someone who is finding herself.  The speed in which she is detaching from her family is lightening fast. Jeremy's not my taste at all but he makes her happy. 

I can't imagine what she will be like in five years.

i think Jinger is just following whatever JereME tells her to do.  He likes pants so she wears them.  He likes shorts, so she wears them too. 

At least she is making some progress but  Jeremy is doing all the thinking and pulling all the strings. Jinger follows along like she has been trained to do. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Hopefully childless, with a job, maybe or maybe not still with Jer.

I think she'll have one (maybe two) kids, taking them to preschool, and hopefully, she'll have a group of mom friends. I doubt she'll homeschool anyone.  They probably won't do public school, but private school would be an educational step up for the Duggars. Yes, she's still going to be super conservative, but we're talking Duggars. Baby steps, people, baby steps. :)

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, irisheyes said:

I think she'll have one (maybe two) kids, taking them to preschool, and hopefully, she'll have a group of mom friends. I doubt she'll homeschool anyone.  They probably won't do public school, but private school would be an educational step up for the Duggars. Yes, she's still going to be super conservative, but we're talking Duggars. Baby steps, people, baby steps. :)

Don't get your hopes up too high -- we've already been burned on this with Derick and Jill.

There's a lot to be optimistic about: the six month moratorium on Duggar visits, the lack of a pregnancy announcement to date, the pants and sleeveless tops -- it all looks good so far. Remember, though, that Jeremy is a born-again fundie and a preacher who sought out a Duggar bride and was smitten by her "meekness." Most of Jinger's social media posts for the year prior to her wedding were emotional self-flagellation posts about her sinful nature. 

• Love 8