Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

32 minutes ago, Angeltoes said:

Publicity really is a cute little kid.  Jing doesn't look very pregnant here.

Their clothing doesn't look like LA summer wear. Maybe this was taken earlier in the year?

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
Just now, Totally said:

Is Jin supposed to be wearing a mask if that is current? I’m not in the US so I’m not sure when and where masks are required when out and about. 

Masks are suggested in every state, mandated in some. I believe masks were recently mandated in California due to a recent spike.

• Love 4

She doesn't look all that thrilled to me.  Or really even all that cute.  The way a child looks changes constantly and this isn't one of her cuter stages.  She may also be getting tired of having the camera shoved in her face all the time.  My sons went through phases off and on where they hated getting their picture taken, and I wasn't forcing them to pose and try to look cute nearly every day.

• Love 18
(edited)

Neither parent mentions Felicity in their bio (or whatever the blurb under their name is). I find that very odd. Lots of you won’t, but I do. 😞

Edited by SMama
  • Love 11
8 minutes ago, SMama said:

Neither parent mentions Felicity on their bio (or whatever the blurb under their name is). I find that very odd. Lots of you won’t, but I do. 😞

Considering raising their child is one of their biggest accomplishments, I also find that strange. 

• Love 10
(edited)

Poor Felicity doesn't look like a happy camper there. Her facial expression makes me think that Simon and Garfunkel's "The Sound of Silence" should be playing while the camera zooms in, ala Sad Affleck. 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 8
30 minutes ago, Zella said:

Poor Felicity doesn't look like a happy camper there. Her facial expression makes me think that Simon and Garfunkel's "The Sound of Silence" should be playing while the camera zooms in, ala Sad Affleck. 

OMG 😆 

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Still in damage control mode, I see.

Sad little one is now required to wear two bows pinned to her shirt rather than one in her hair!

12 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

But she is bow-less.  It is nice to be able to focus on her face for a change.

Check out her shirt.

• Love 3
(edited)
52 minutes ago, Totally said:

Felicity never looks happy lately

Would you be if you were stuck with JinJer 24/7/365? 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
(edited)

Is it really rightfully called an accomplishment at this stage? I don't have kids so just going off other people I know and hear and see, but I feel like that's a more normal thing to say after your child is a teenager or an adult rather than when they're still a toddler. 

Just to clarify: I don't mean that as snarkily as it perhaps sounds. It just strikes me as something you say after the battle is won and the kid is becoming an adult and seems like a functional person rather than something you announce when you're still in the parenting trenches. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 7

To be fair, I can still remember days as a parent of young kids and feeling that making it through to bath time was an accomplishment.

And if we compare parenting to a job, I was underpaid, underappreciated and the paid time off was non-existent.

I'm thinking at this point the Vuolo's biggest accomplishment is living large with no discernible income.

• Love 19

I have a friend on the east coast who, with her husband and kids, is planning to get tested for Covid (none of them have symptoms). They have two other families who are doing the same thing and they plan to have a "bubble group" where they will socialize with only each other, mainly so the kids can play together. I don't see how safe this is given that any of those family members could go out to stores, to appointments, etc. at any point and be exposed. I asked her if they plan to get tested over and over to make sure they are negative but she said they hadn't thought that far ahead. I also felt like this is a waste of tests, esp. since the federal government just suspended funding for a lot of the tests recently. 

• Love 10
36 minutes ago, emma675 said:

I have a friend on the east coast who, with her husband and kids, is planning to get tested for Covid (none of them have symptoms). They have two other families who are doing the same thing and they plan to have a "bubble group" where they will socialize with only each other, mainly so the kids can play together. I don't see how safe this is given that any of those family members could go out to stores, to appointments, etc. at any point and be exposed. I asked her if they plan to get tested over and over to make sure they are negative but she said they hadn't thought that far ahead. I also felt like this is a waste of tests, esp. since the federal government just suspended funding for a lot of the tests recently. 

I wonder if the Vuolos have been tested and are in their own bubble.  Methinks not.  We had a test about a month ago.  When it came back negative, I thought "well, then I was negative".  I don't think it is a long term effect since even though very limited, I do go out, mask and sanitizer along for ride.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, galaxychaser said:

Better than being a Rodrigues offspring.

At least with their gourmet fetish, you'll eat better with the Vuolos. I mean, low bar and all, but there it is, just slightly above the ground. 😉 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

Im surprised Felicity didn't topple off the swing. 

I hate how they use Felicity as a social media human shield . Its gross. Also- the picture of the coffee looks like fall- leaves on the ground FFS. Also They are so tone deaf that they don't realize the majority of the population isnt hanging out at starbucks right now....

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Zella said:

At least with their gourmet fetish, you'll eat better with the Vuolos. I mean, low bar and all, but there it is, just slightly above the ground. 😉 

Felicity is also better dressed than any of the young Rod Pod girls who look like something out of a Dickens novel. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 8

As the first kid Felicity will be better taken care of simply because there is only 1 kid. If they have 6 all the kids will resemble Rod offspring. And if Jerry doesn’t get a real job they will be Rods 2.0

• Love 8

Does Felicity’s feet look really large to anyone else or is it just me? And they always look really big to me, but maybe it’s just the shoes.  I’m not knocking the kid if they are as I have big feet and come from a family of amazons.  I’m just wondering if Jeremy is tall and does she take after him.  She seems tall for her age, but Jinger is short so it’s hard to tell. 

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Does Felicity’s feet look really large to anyone else or is it just me? And they always look really big to me, but maybe it’s just the shoes.  I’m not knocking the kid if they are as I have big feet and come from a family of amazons.  I’m just wondering if Jeremy is tall and does she take after him.  She seems tall for her age, but Jinger is short so it’s hard to tell. 

I am not a good judge of children foot size--also come from a family of people with ginormous feet. But I'd consider Jeremy tall. I think he's about 6'2". 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, Zella said:

I am not a good judge of children foot size--also come from a family of people with ginormous feet. But I'd consider Jeremy tall. I think he's about 6'2". 

Jinger recently said that Jer is 6'3" (she's 5'4").

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
Just now, Sew Sumi said:

Jinger recently said that Jer is 6'3" (she's 5'4").

Thanks! I knew he was comfortably over 6.' Not sure why I'd internalized it was 6'2." 

• Love 2

Well shit, I came here to post a pic of the Seewald boys on swings to compare Felicity's size to them and I was met with that giant picture of Jinger. Hmmm.

Anyway this is Henry age 1 and Spurgie age 3. Felicity is nearly 2, so right in the middle of the boys in this pic. She may be a little on the tall side.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

I would consider Jinger to be medium height, rather than short.

Lauren and Michelle are short. Jana is on the shorter end of average (and I thought she was the one who was 5'4"). Jill and Anna are on the taller end of average. No female is extraordinarily tall.

I wouldn't be surprised if Felicity is taller than Spurge or Henry at the same age, but I think Israel is still the tallest grandchild when accounting for age. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Well shit, I came here to post a pic of the Seewald boys on swings to compare Felicity's size to them and I was met with that giant picture of Jinger. Hmmm.

Anyway this is Henry age 1 and Spurgie age 3. Felicity is nearly 2, so right in the middle of the boys in this pic. She may be a little on the tall side.

Jessa's boys are not that far apart in age about they would have been 2 and 3 here. (Henry was born 15 months after Spurgeon and this is from May so they would 2 and 3.)  Yes a lot of the Duggar littles seem tall or big for their age. 

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

I would consider Jinger to be medium height, rather than short.

Lauren and Michelle are short. Jana is on the shorter end of average (and I thought she was the one who was 5'4"). Jill and Anna are on the taller end of average. No female is extraordinarily tall.

I wouldn't be surprised if Felicity is taller than Spurge or Henry at the same age, but I think Israel is still the tallest grandchild when accounting for age. 

Yeah 5'4" is average height for an American woman. (Not that I am a great harbinger of normal, but I myself am 5'4" and certainly don't think of myself as anything but medium height.) I don't know the Duggar girl heights off the top of my head, but most of them look fairly average height to me and not especially short or tall. Is Jill the tallest girl? 

• Love 1
(edited)

Jill is the tallest. She's 5'7". I think Jana and Joy are around 5'3". Jessa is 5'5".

eta: I think Jenni is going to be on the taller side. She's taller than Hannie.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Useful 2
Just now, Sew Sumi said:

Jill is the tallest. She's 5'7". I think Jana and Joy are around 5'3". Jessa is 5'5".

Thanks! I thought Jill looked tall, definitely the tallest of the girls I've noticed. I could be wrong, but the Duggar d-i-ls look shorter to me, on average, than the Duggar daughters. 

40 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Jessa's boys are not that far apart in age about they would have been 2 and 3 here. (Henry was born 15 months after Spurgeon and this is from May so they would 2 and 3.)  Yes a lot of the Duggar littles seem tall or big for their age. 

Huh, if Henry is 2 there, then Felicity is tall or Henry is short. Felicity looks closer to Spurge's size and she's not yet 2.

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, Zella said:

Thanks! I thought Jill looked tall, definitely the tallest of the girls I've noticed. I could be wrong, but the Duggar d-i-ls look shorter to me, on average, than the Duggar daughters. 

With the exception of Anna, they are generally shorter than the Duggar daughters. 

• Useful 1