Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

People are sniping at each other in the comments. Jinger's Instagram is turning into a bigger shit-show than DFO.

Alyssa Bates eventually deleted her instagram for a while because of the negativity, I wonder if Jinger will go that route or just disable comments on every post. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Loves2Dance said:

Double post

I hate to beat a dead horse, but Pediatricians are not trained in car seat safety. They may know the basic's, but they're not car seat technicians who have indepth training. Our Pediatrician always referred to the Fire Department or Police Station for anything beyond the AAP recommendations. And there were a few car seat techs commenting, I think they got buried though. 

Post baby when your hormones are going crazy, you can definitely grow hair in areas you never did before. I think it's the filter but it's possible there is a hair or two. 

Diagnosing PPD from a picture is disgusting and those who are doing it on her instagram should be ashamed of themselves! 

Next lesson, focus on singing and not screaming. I liked the boy in the middle though. 

She looks good! 

Maybe it's a preference but I never, ever used infant mittens. I feel bad Lissy is stuck with them. I love her outfit. For the bundling questions, until about 3 months old infants can't self-regulate their temps so if she's in the a/c she's dressed appropriately. 

I don't get the mitten thing.  It's been over 30 years since I had my daughter, and even though she was a winter baby, I never did that, except on the rare occasion we took her outdoors.  I suppose an overly AC'ed house could explain it.

Maybe they are worried about thumb sucking?  My mom pinned the sleeve of my nightgown shut, because I sucked on my right index finger.  So she told me when I was over 30...or they are thinking Felicity will scratch herself?  The first fingernail trimming was nerve-wracking for me.  I know absolutely that Jin will be a far better mom than what she grew up with, herself.  Low bar, I know.

I would so hate to be a new parent with social media comments all over the place.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

I don't get the mitten thing.  It's been over 30 years since I had my daughter, and even though she was a winter baby, I never did that, except on the rare occasion we took her outdoors.  I suppose an overly AC'ed house could explain it.

Maybe they are worried about thumb sucking?  My mom pinned the sleeve of my nightgown shut, because I sucked on my right index finger.  So she told me when I was over 30...or they are thinking Felicity will scratch herself?  The first fingernail trimming was nerve-wracking for me.  I know absolutely that Jin will be a far better mom than what she grew up with, herself.  Low bar, I know.

I would so hate to be a new parent with social media comments all over the place.  

The mittens are usually meant to keep the baby from scratching herself, not for warmth.  Same as the baby undershirts with the flap on the sleeve that folds over the hands.

• Love 23
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

My son would scratch his face if I didn’t have mittens on him, although I usually put baby socks on his hands instead of mittens because they stayed on better 

• Love 6
59 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Going to jump through a few other posts with comments, but, basically; yes, Jinger did indeed bounce back very nicely!  My daughter managed to look just about the same as Jinger in that photo about 3 weeks after she had her baby, and I was way impressed! It took me almost a year to lose the weight from my first baby (granted, I had gained 60 lb!), and a good couple of months after the other two.

My granddaughter was born at the end of March when it was still quite cool outside. She did appear to favor  warm surroundings for the first couple of weeks, but by the time she was two months old, it was clear that she did NOT favor being bundled up, and was quite happy being on what seemed like a chilly side if you were to feel her arms and legs. She has also managed to scratch her face up here or there more often than not despite my daughter being almost obsessively diligent about keeping her little fingernails trimmed right down with a little dremel-like baby nail file. It's amazing how she still manages to find enough of an edge somewhere to catch on her face. 

It really must be nerve-wracking to have every post you make picked apart like carrion on social media.

• Love 10

Clipping a newborn’s fingernails is terrifying because they are SO thin. (I’m pretty sure I drew blood from each of my kids.). Since we all know that MOTY Michelle is no help, Jing might be waiting until the baby’s a little older before trying on her own. 

• Love 7

I use/used the mittens to prevent people from touching her hands which my daughter usually shoves in her in mouth haha, and because of the nails. She did claw herself really badly the other day and I still have mom guilt

Jinger looks fantastic. If you gain the weight you should, its pretty easy to bounce back ( or appear to bounce back) quickly. I gained about 30 lbs and lost it all by my 2 week PP appointment. I look the same pretty much in pre preg clothes but it does NOT all look the same in a bathing suit lol. At least for the first baby, and it helps if you are young I imagine. JInger didn't look to gain more than she needed unlike Jill and Joy. Any of my friends who have trouble losing the weight usually gained 50 lbs or more. 

Also for some women, nursing really makes them thin. My sister gets really thin when she is breastfeeding, my mom was the same way. Perhaps this is the case for Jinger as well. 

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 11
9 hours ago, Spencer Hastings said:

According to the comments, Jilly Muffin hasn’t met Felicity yet. 

I don't know why it makes me happy that Jill (and I presume the majority of the other Duggars) haven't met Felicity yet. Maybe, just maybe, Jim Bob and Michelle will learn Felicity's name and give her some individual grandkid attention if the only time they see her are on Jinger's occasional visits to Arkansas.

• Love 5
22 hours ago, MichaelaRae said:

I think she looks like every tired mother of a newborn I've ever seen. Having said that, whatever filter she chose for this shot has me seriously worried she is growing a beard. There is some serious 5 o'clock shadow happening on her jaw.

Thank you so much. Any time I can muster up a real laugh during Duggar time, it’s a very good thing.  

• Love 1
1 minute ago, LexieLily said:

I don't know why it makes me happy that Jill (and I presume the majority of the other Duggars) haven't met Felicity yet. Maybe, just maybe, Jim Bob and Michelle will learn Felicity's name and give her some individual grandkid attention if the only time they see her are on Jinger's occasional visits to Arkansas.

It makes me kind of happy too. I wonder if the Duggars vaccinate? I wouldn't let those kids near a newborn if not. Maybe they had a no kids visiting rule?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, yogi2014L said:

It makes me kind of happy too. I wonder if the Duggars vaccinate? I wouldn't let those kids near a newborn if not. Maybe they had a no kids visiting rule?

Spurgeon and Henry were in Laredo when Felicity was born but did they all stay at the house or did Jeremy pay for a hotel for Jessa/Ben/kids, Michelle, and Jana?

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

Good question. As far as I know the only doctor the kids were seeing was Fedosky, who's now lost his license for the second time. Back on the original series, if the kids got sick, they'd take one or two to the doctor then split the prescription medicine across the entire horde. Hopefully Jill and Jessa are slightly more responsible than that.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Good question. As far as I know the only doctor the kids were seeing was Fedosky, who's now lost his license for the second time. Back on the original series, if the kids got sick, they'd take one or two to the doctor then split the prescription medicine across the entire horde. Hopefully Jill and Jessa are slightly more responsible than that.

Oh, good grief, tell me they did not do that. What if one of the nineteen was allergic to something in the medication that the others weren't? Was that kid out of luck?

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Oh, good grief, tell me they did not do that. What if one of the nineteen was allergic to something in the medication that the others weren't? Was that kid out of luck?

Doctors used to prescribe like this all the time.  No need to have 19 kids in the waiting room for the same symptoms.  I can’t fault the Duggars on this one.  

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

She has also managed to scratch her face up here or there more often than not despite my daughter being almost obsessively diligent about keeping her little fingernails trimmed right down with a little dremel-like baby nail file.

Baby fingernails are like wee tiny razor blades.  I used mittens for the same reason. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, mythoughtis said:

Doctors used to prescribe like this all the time.  No need to have 19 kids in the waiting room for the same symptoms.  I can’t fault the Duggars on this one.  

It’s the splitting of the medicine among all kids that is problematic. Unless there was a prescription for each child. Otherwise they are really short changing all the kids.

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, SMama said:

It’s the splitting of the medicine among all kids that is problematic. Unless there was a prescription for each child. Otherwise they are really short changing all the kids.

That part I agree with. Surely the doctor would make sure he/she ordered enough medication for all. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Heathen said:

Along with a little "take that, sisters Jill and Jessa." 

See sisters. This is what happens with all those pesky little lunges and shit I did while pregnant. Oh and the fact that she's in her 20s and doesn't eat slop constantly. Lol

• Love 6
7 hours ago, irisheyes said:

Clipping a newborn’s fingernails is terrifying because they are SO thin. (I’m pretty sure I drew blood from each of my kids.). Since we all know that MOTY Michelle is no help, Jing might be waiting until the baby’s a little older before trying on her own. 

For the first 4-6 weeks baby's fingernails are still connected to the tops of the fingers (light skin), so cutting them can cut that skin and cause bleeding. That's why it is recomended that for the first month there is no fingernails clipping

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Summer Saturdays? More like "Jinger's already got her body back, bitchez!!!!!111"

Pretty sure that's an old picture.  She's only wearing an engagement ring.

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, cdp73 said:

Pretty sure that's an old picture.  She's only wearing an engagement ring.

IIRC, Jinger was never this boobylicious during the engagement. She was super scrawny for a while there, and proportionally so.

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, Vaysh said:

IIRC, Jinger was never this boobylicious during the engagement. She was super scrawny for a while there, and proportionally so.

Yes- also her face looks a bit older here, and her hair is lighter. This is a recent picture. 

She looks pretty. 

• Love 9
7 hours ago, Annb67 said:

See sisters. This is what happens with all those pesky little lunges and shit I did while pregnant. Oh and the fact that she's in her 20s and doesn't eat slop constantly. Lol

I noticed strawberries, blackberries or blueberries, and grapes in her hospital room. Not sure if it was after or during labor. I knew MOTY did not provide those healthy snacks. The Duggars brought cookies and assorted sugar crap as snacks for Joe and Kendra when they came home from the hospital. 

• Love 9

I remember clipping my baby's finger and toe nails when they were napping in the crib. Then I would strip the sheet off the crib and put on a fresh one; and do the baby's laundry. Worked wonders. NO flinching, moving at all. Worked for the first couple of years.

• Love 3

I think it's interesting that Jinger and Kendra, both who had hospital births, seem to have bounced back quicker than Anna, Joy, Jill and Jessa did.  I realize every woman's body is different, but maybe Jinger's midwives exercises and walking helped her muscle tone, or the fact neither of them were in labor for a day or days before going to the hospital.  I can see Jinger having a better diet than Jill, Jessa or Joy because of Jeremy and trying new things.  Kendra was probably raised without TaterTot casserole and may have been taught cooking and nutrition from her mom.  Who knows?  I just find it interesting.

*Nothing against home births with qualified CNM's.  I looked into them back in the day.****

Edited by DragonFaerie
Without is very different from with
  • Love 15

Some babies really need the mittens to prevent scratching. I've known some who had eczema who would literally scratch themselves bloody the second they got the mittens off. I wonder if Felicity gave herself a bad scratch once already, and the mittens are staying for a while because of it.

• Love 10
21 minutes ago, luvbadtv said:

I wish she would have taken the mittens off for the picture.

And the stupid hat

2 minutes ago, sleepysuzy said:

Some babies really need the mittens to prevent scratching. I've known some who had eczema who would literally scratch themselves bloody the second they got the mittens off. I wonder if Felicity gave herself a bad scratch once already, and the mittens are staying for a while because of it.

I get that, but taking them off for a minute to snap a couple pics would've been ok. Tiny baby hands are cute!

16 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

Is her foot okay? The toes on one look almost webbed. She's a darling little nugget though. 

Her feet look fine to me, little babies can do weird stuff with their toes.

• Love 14

I can understand the mittens. Our daughter always had her hands around her face so we utilized mittens. Well, we took them off for professional photos when she was a month old and she scratched one of her eyeballs badly enough to need an eye patch for two weeks. Then she had to wear it on the OTHER eye for two weeks so they'd even out and develop the same. It was a nightmare and a half. We felt like absolute assholes for being vain instead of safe. Because of that, our daughter and our kids who followed her had mittens on nonstop. We even had bath mittens. We'd put the bath mittens on before bath, take them off one at a time while we focused on washing that hand and arm, then the bath mitten went right back on in the tub.

I wonder if Felicity is going to be the first brown-eyed grandchild. Do any of Anna's kids have brown eyes? I love little Felicity's skin tone, too. She's got a nice little tan going on. I think she's the color poor Jinger TRIED to be as a teenager with self tanner. :)

• Love 23
13 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Some of pics  have been okay, but that pic is really cute.  She looks so alert and content.  She looks snuggly and now I want to hold her because she's a real cutie.  

As for the mittens, she may be a Baby Edward Scissorhands. I had a cousin born with the longest nails I’d ever seen on a new baby.  I’m talking she was born with what looked like a French manicure, as the tips of her nails extended beyond her fingertips a good millimeter or two.  Even the nurses commented on it.  You couldn’t keep them clipped either because they grew really fast.  Perhaps Felicity has the same type of nails.  She also has really juicy cheeks and probably would scratch them easily.

• Love 13

I don't remember my daughter scratching herself, just lucky I guess.  She did suck her toes on occasion (before she walked, so her feet weren't dirty.)  Now that was cute!  So booties might be in order, if Felicity's toenails are long.  

Hopefully JinJer will not be subjecting her to the TTH too often.  

Those mits are trendy. I don't remember babies scratching being a big deal, but now everyone is worried about it. I've being seeing it on registries lately and I don't remember it being on baby registries until now. I also get that some babies do really need the mits, but most probably don't.

• Love 4

Personal preference: I'd have put little sockies on her but I am beyond grateful she's got bloomers on and isn't bare diapered. The sock thing is just something I had drummed into me by my mom and the bloomer thing is because I think that bare diapers ruin the look of the outfit (and are a little gross to me truth be told) but that it purely my preference and everyone has their own weird quirks. I own it and don't expect anyone to adhere to my weirdness.

• Love 12

I just noticed that Jinger is the only Duggar girl to have only herself on her Instagram profile picture. Jill, Jessa and Joy are all with their husbands

Maybe and probably means nothing, but it's refreshing

• Love 16
7 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I don't remember my daughter scratching herself, just lucky I guess.  She did suck her toes on occasion (before she walked, so her feet weren't dirty.)  Now that was cute!  So booties might be in order, if Felicity's toenails are long.  

Hopefully JinJer will not be subjecting her to the TTH too often.  

Ha! My granddaughter just found her toes, so they are going into the mouth pretty regularly now (she will be 5 months in just over a week). She still manages to scratch her face pretty regularly even with very sort nails, but has never really had mittens. The eyeball thing gives me pause, as I've never heard of a baby scratching herself where it would require medical treatment.

She also has a couple of headbands with little bows on them. In her case, though, they have the sort that are kind of little knots more than bows, and make her look slightly like a baby Tupac. And my son-in- law, being a semi-professional rapper in his spare time is all over that! LOL

• Love 15