Type keyword(s) to search

This Is Our Cast In Real Life and Other Roles

• Start Topic

On 9/11/2016 at 7:37 PM, Morrigan2575 said:

Justin Hartley is still beautiful .

HAHA!!! Yes. This. One of the main reasons I'm tuning into this show.

Also pretty excited for Mandy Moore (who I think is actually a decent actress) and Milo Ventimiglia. Bring it on, This Is Us. 

• Love 4

Chris Sullivan: hey, it's that guy! He's not exactly a chameleon: his face looks the same in his roles, give or take some facial hair, and yet, it's startling that Toby...

2016-0818-ThisIsUs-ChrisSullivan-1050x1050-CV.jpg

...generally looks like this IRL...

472193444-1.jpg

...once yelled at Julia Roberts on The Normal Heart...

Normal Heart.jpg.

...was Cleary on The Knick...

the-knick-tom-cleary.jpg

...was also Benny (RIP) in this summer's Stranger Things...

Bennyhammond003.png

...and of course also played this icon.

hump-day-1.jpg

Edited by Corgi-ears
  • Love 5
On 9/24/2016 at 11:50 AM, ShadowFacts said:

I have not seen Sterling Brown before, but wow, he is something.  He may be one of those actors who has chemistry with just about anyone, but I thought he played exceptionally well with the actor playing his bio dad. 

He played Chris Darden (Marcia Clark's Assistant District Attorney) in last winter's widely acclaimed mini-series "The People -VS- OJ Simpson."  He was absolutely wonderful in that role.

• Love 3

I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised and truly impressed by Justin Hartley.  I remember him from Passions in the early 00's and he was a typical soap "actor" aka hair model.  He's come a very long way.

• Love 2
On 9/22/2016 at 3:41 PM, Corgi-ears said:

Chris Sullivan: hey, it's that guy! He's not exactly a chameleon: his face looks the same in his roles, give or take some facial hair, and yet, it's startling that Toby...

2016-0818-ThisIsUs-ChrisSullivan-1050x1050-CV.jpg

...generally looks like this IRL...

472193444-1.jpg

...once yelled at Julia Roberts on The Normal Heart...

Normal Heart.jpg.

...was Cleary on The Knick...

the-knick-tom-cleary.jpg

...was also Benny (RIP) in this summer's Stranger Things...

Bennyhammond003.png

...and of course also played this icon.

hump-day-1.jpg

Hmmm, that explains why I find his head annoyingly small, it's just that the rest is padded... 

• Love 1
On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 7:29 AM, MyAimIsTrue said:

What a great year in the Cephas Jones household.  First of all I absolutely love Ron as William on this show and, second, his daughter Jasmine is amazing in "Hamilton" as Peggy Schuyler/Maria Reynolds.

Also, Ron Cephas Jones is in Luke Cage.  I actually smiled when I saw him.

I'm assuming this can be used to talk about the cast in other roles. In that case...I will never forget Mandy Moore's performance as a seductive yet innocent 15-year old girl in a film about the teen mating rituals and rampant conformity of late 1990's suburban America:

Mandy Moore has to have a gag order on this, because you NEVER see her get embarrassed by this on interviews with talk shows.

It's just hysterical to watch. She's trying so hard to be a Britney Spears jailbait vixen. It's pretty cool that after this, she pretty much said she wasn't going to do this anymore and made the music she wanted to make. Her music career pretty much died off after that, but she's also not stuck with bleached hair wearing bikinis and low-cut tops in every video she makes into her mid-30's like Britney Spears is.

• Love 1

This cast is perfect. The big 3 in all ages really hit it in looks and acting. I've followed JT from Y&R and Sterling from Army Wives. I don't mind Toby though I haven't seen or noticed him before. Randalls' family is aces. His wife reminds me of V in Shameless. 

On 10/13/2016 at 7:02 AM, NutMeg said:

Chris Sullivan: hey, it's that guy! He's not exactly a chameleon: his face looks the same in his roles, give or take some facial hair

Have any of you seen him now though, in Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. II?  He plays TaserFace!

• Love 1

Sterling K Brown plays a small but pivotal role in Black Panther (and yes there is a scene that involves crying).  And he's hosting an upcoming SNL.

This article is pretty funny  Is it Sterling K Brown's Personal Mission to Make Us Cry? and I love one of the commenters that says:

"He’s hosting Saturday Night Live in a few weeks. Watch me cry during his opening monologue"

Edited by DearEvette
  • Love 2

Seeing Sterling in Black Panther was rather surreal, I've really gotten used to him as dorky Randall, and this was a VERY different role. He was really good though, and dear God does that man know how to cry. 

When he popped up, I swear my first thought was "So, looks like William forget to mention a few tiny details about their family tree..." 

• Love 3

I watched Bad Moms Christmas this weekend, with Justin Hartley playing a male stripper who gets a ball wax from one of the main characters. The movie is bad across the board so I can't blame Justin for his cheesy lines. His dance moves were nothing to write home about, either. Channing Tatum, he's not.

1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

Justin Hartley is going to be at C2E2 in chicago in a few weeks. A photo is $70....SEVENTY......I don’t know if I am going to swing that. Lol. 

I'm not familiar with the event - does the $70 (or the net proceeds of it) go to charity?

12 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

I'm not familiar with the event - does the $70 (or the net proceeds of it) go to charity?

Most likely not because C2E2 is a Comic and Entertainment Expo.

On April 1, Sterling is going to be on an ep of Brooklyn 99 based on the classic Homicide episode "Three Men and Adena". 

Edited by biakbiak
16 minutes ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

this something new?  Who gets the money-- the celeb and the event organizer?  Kind of distasteful.

Its newish for current mainstream actors it started with retired atheletes and at fan conventions for things like Star Trek. The actors get most of the money and most have a minimum that they are guarenteed. Stars can make cazy amounts, like a  big draw can make 500k for a few hours on the weekend. https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/stars-getting-rich-fan-conventions-933062

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

http://www.c2e2.com/en/Sessions/58041/Justin-Hartley-Autographing-Sunday-1200-PM

Only $50 for an autograph.  Cash only! 

Is this something new?  Who gets the money-- the celeb and the event organizer?  Kind of distasteful.

I guess Milo will be there, too.  A whole host of celebs selling photos and autographs.  Hm.

https://store.epicphotoops.com/c2e2/2018

My friends wife (and my friend too now I’m glad she likes me), already got the photo option for Milo (she is very excited) and said if anyone wants to join her they are welcome (up to four adults I think per price). Milo is handsome but he’s no Justin!

On 9/15/2018 at 7:52 PM, AllThatJazz91 said:

Wasn't Justin Hartley also on Smallville? Also I've loved Milo ever since Gilmore Girls. I was so happy he found another hit show. It seemed like after Heroes, he was in a tv slump. 

Yes he was on Smallville. I think he played Oliver Queen on that show.

• Love 1

Susan Kelechi Watson was a friend of the bride on an older episode of Say Yes to the Dress - I saw it last week :)

On 1/28/2017 at 3:44 AM, methodwriter85 said:

I'm assuming this can be used to talk about the cast in other roles. In that case...I will never forget Mandy Moore's performance as a seductive yet innocent 15-year old girl in a film about the teen mating rituals and rampant conformity of late 1990's suburban America:

Mandy Moore has to have a gag order on this, because you NEVER see her get embarrassed by this on interviews with talk shows.

It's just hysterical to watch. She's trying so hard to be a Britney Spears jailbait vixen. It's pretty cool that after this, she pretty much said she wasn't going to do this anymore and made the music she wanted to make. Her music career pretty much died off after that, but she's also not stuck with bleached hair wearing bikinis and low-cut tops in every video she makes into her mid-30's like Britney Spears is.

Toooootally had So Real in my Grand Cherokee in '99-00!!

• Love 1

I think my favorite was "I Wanna Be With You", because of its placement in Center Stage.

Blond guy at the end is Hunter Parrish, best known for Weeds. He also played a teen bully in Seventeen Again starring Zac Efron. Really cute and talented, but he hasn't had that much luck with his adult roles yet. He did a season on the dying Quantico and the nobody saw Good Girls Revolt, but yeah, this is probably the most high-profile show he's been on in years.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 2

I'm a bit slow - I finally recognized Michael Angarano, the actor playing Jack's brother Nick. He's the same actor who has played Jack's son Elliot on Will & Grace over the years - including an appearance in the "Grandpa Jack" episode of the W&G revival.

• Love 1

I'm pretty sure J. Lo picked him because of This Is Us. Also the NBC connection.

Michael Angarano played a sadistic mock guard in the Stanford Prison Experiment, a drama based on the 1971 experiment. It's still running on Netflix, I think.

It is so weird to see him with a shaved head. He's rocked a moptop for a good decade if not more.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

I can't believe that Chrissy Metz, Josh Lucas, Topher Grace, and Mike Colter (and maybe other famous actors I missed), all couldn't find better projects than this drivel.

These types of movies are like a trend now, aren’t they? 

• Love 1