Type keyword(s) to search

This Is Our Cast In Real Life and Other Roles

• Start Topic

OK - I tune in Say Yes to the Dress, as one does in the hot summer, and one face in one of the entourages looked very familiar.  Susan Watson was the caption.  It was our Beth.  The bride to be was Napiera Groves and Tamara Tunie was also in the entourage.

• Love 1
On 11/27/2018 at 9:54 PM, giovannif7 said:

I'm a bit slow - I finally recognized Michael Angarano, the actor playing Jack's brother Nick. He's the same actor who has played Jack's son Elliot on Will & Grace over the years - including an appearance in the "Grandpa Jack" episode of the W&G revival.

He was recently on "I'm Dying Up Here" (2018), a show about stand up comedians in the 1970s in a Mitzi Shore-like comedy club.

Justin Hartley spent hiatus on a horror-thriller movie that may never be released - "The Hunt" with people hunting people.  We see enough of that on the news.

Edited by deirdra

Saw Milo in The Are Of Racing In The Rain last night. A totally sappy story, and yet I loved every minute of it. I don't think they could have chosen a better actor for "Denny" right now than Milo. He's just the right blend of sappy/cute/heroic/vulnerable (aka: Jack, lol).

• Love 3

I didn’t realize Asante Blackk, who played young Kevin Richardson on When They See Us has joined the This Is Us cast for season 4 as Malik. 

I have not seen When They See Us (I’ve been too much of a coward), but I’ve been looking forward to seeing more of him since I learned this. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Diane Warren is rumored to be submitting "I'm Standing with You" for this year's Oscars. If it makes the final list of nominees, Chrissy could be singing at the Oscars.

That is a really nice performance. I have never thought Kate was all that great of a singer in-show, but Chrissy sounds really good here.

• Love 1

Love seeing Niles (teen Randall) on Netflix's Atypical. Great show.

First scene he was in he opened a dorm door to greet Sam who is at Denton U and I was like "Wait you are at Howard!" lol

Edited by debraran
32 minutes ago, debraran said:

Love seeing Niles (teen Randall) on Netflix's Atypical. Great show.

First scene he was in he opened a dorm door to great Sam who is at Denton U and I was like "Wait you are at Howard!" lol

Not to nitpick, but Randall ended up going to Carnegie Mellon. He wanted to defer college after Jack's death to be there for Rebecca, but Rebecca insisted that he go, so he chose a college in Pittsburgh.

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

Not to nitpick, but Randall ended up going to Carnegie Mellon. He wanted to defer college after Jack's death to be there for Rebecca, but Rebecca insisted that he go, so he chose a college in Pittsburgh.

Oh that's right, the college trip was to Howard. Both good colleges.

Mandy Moore discusses Mt. Everest, yak milk, working on her new album, touring with Backstreet Boys & NYSNC, her new movie Midway, Pete Buttigieg, and playing Rebecca at different ages on This Is Us:

Sterling K. Brown discusses his kids, playing chess with Al Pacino, stanning for Renee Elise Goldsberry, and Frozen 2:

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
On 10/18/2019 at 7:28 PM, zoey1996 said:

Timothy Omundson was in tonight’s American Housewife!  So glad he’s still recovering from his stroke and still landing roles.  I’ve loved him since Judging Amy!

That’s where I know him from!! Thank you!

• Love 1
On 7/26/2019 at 2:14 PM, PRgal said:

Susan Kelechi Watson will be in the upcoming movie, A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood, playing the journalist's wife

I saw the movie today.  Recommend, and she was very good!

Edited by zoey1996
  • Love 1
On 12/30/2019 at 12:46 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Sterling K. Brown will be on the season premiere of Finding Your Roots (S6.E1) which airs on Tuesday, January 7.

Just a reminder that this airs tonight! I forgot to watch it so I'm waiting for the rerun already (oops).

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, sara416 said:

She was great! Maybe it was the song, or the bigger stage, but that was a much stronger voice than I feel like we have heard from her in the show. 

Makes me wonder whether the show has been deliberately sandbagging Kate's talent so she can have some sort of breakthrough (no pun intended) in a later season. Maybe a mother-son duet with Future Baby Jack that catapults both of them to stardom.

Edited by chocolatine
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Makes me wonder whether the show has been deliberately sandbagging Kate's talent so she can have some sort of breakthrough (no pun intended) in a later season. Maybe a mother-son duet with Future Baby Jack that catapults both of them to stardom.

I get the feeling that the show is deliberately sandbagging Kate's talent because she is supposed to be inferior to Rebecca and her "Pittsburgh Good" talent.  So if Chrissy can sing better than Mandy, the show won't go there.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I get the feeling that the show is deliberately sandbagging Kate's talent because she is supposed to be inferior to Rebecca and her "Pittsburgh Good" talent.  So if Chrissy can sing better than Mandy, the show won't go there.  

That's a fair point. I didn't hear this performance but have heard her sing on another show and she was very good. I also saw that movie the song came from (on a long flight and didn't expect to like it) and she did a solid acting job, she's really quite talented.

• Useful 4
16 hours ago, sara416 said:

She was great! Maybe it was the song, or the bigger stage, but that was a much stronger voice than I feel like we have heard from her in the show. 

i thought the same thing and even second guessed it being her.  Much, much better than what she's shown us on the series.

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

I just watched the video, and I'm floored. Good for Chrissy. Now I want to see what she can do with more edgy songwriting/producing. I hate the trite Diane Warren crap.

Chrissy looked beautiful and I loved her dress.  She did a lot with the song and was so engaged in her singing of it, but didn't go overboard.  This is the only clip of this year's Oscars I've seen, as its been years and years since The Academy Awards was must-see TV for me.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

Chrissy looked beautiful and I loved her dress.  She did a lot with the song and was so engaged in her singing of it, but didn't go overboard.  This is the only clip of this year's Oscars I've seen, as its been years and years since The Academy Awards was must-see TV for me.

O/T but there wasn't a whole lot else worth watching (though Bong Joon Ho's sheer joy at winning was infectious). The other stand out was Cynthia Erivo's performance of Stand Up (from Harriet). Terrific. I only know her from The Outsider and had no idea she could do that.

On topic. Chrissy's dress was beautiful. I think that video cuts off a little bit at the end, what she said is 'I love you, mom'. And it was kind of endearing and speaks to a little bit of nerves/being understandably overwhelmed because she just stood there after, not sure how or if to leave the stage.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

O/T but there wasn't a whole lot else worth watching (though Bong Joon Ho's sheer joy at winning was infectious). The other stand out was Cynthia Erivo's performance of Stand Up (from Harriet). Terrific. I only know her from The Outsider and had no idea she could do that.

On topic. Chrissy's dress was beautiful. I think that video cuts off a little bit at the end, what she said is 'I love you, mom'. And it was kind of endearing and speaks to a little bit of nerves/being understandably overwhelmed because she just stood there after, not sure how or if to leave the stage.

I did see the "I love you, mom" at the end.  Lovely.  Thanks for posting the vid!

• Love 2

Teen Randall (Niles Fitch) was in a movie called Miss Virginia (now on Netflix), about a mom who fights for scholarship programs so that lower-income kids can have the alternative to go to private schools.  He plays a bright kid who just couldn't succeed at his inner-city public school.  Kind of an awkward kid, too (and not too different from Randall).  

8 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I was today years old when I learned that Chris Sullivan (Toby) is also a singer. I wonder if we'll ever get a Kate/Toby duet?

It looks like Mandy Moore's husband (Taylor Goldsmith) helped him with this record, so Chris is definitely not opposed to collaboration.

• Love 1

Ron Cephas Jones and Susan Kelechi Watson to appear on NBC’s musical special One Night Only: The Best of Broadway

Mean Girls Tony nominee Tina Fey will host One Night Only: The Best of Broadway, which will air December 10 at 8 PM ET on NBC. Celebrating the resilient Broadway community, the two-hour special will benefit Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS.

Cast members from several Broadway productions including Ain’t Too Proud–The Life and Times of The Temptations, Chicago, Jagged Little Pill, Diana: The Musical, Jersey Boys, Mean Girls, and Rent will perform. 

Kelly Clarkson, Brett Eldredge, Patti LaBelle, Annaleigh Ashford, Lance Bass, Kristen Bell, Ron Cephas Jones, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Peter Gallagher, Josh Groban, Jake Gyllenhaal, Sean Hayes, Nathan Lane, Camryn Manheim, Alanis Morissette, Jerry O’Connell, Leslie Odom Jr., Billy Porter, John Stamos, Aaron Tveit, Blair Underwood, Vanessa Williams, and Susan Kelechi Watson are scheduled to appear.

• Love 2