Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: Blue Ridge Mountain Blues

• Start Topic

(edited)

How about Cameron pointing out in her TH that Landon looooves Shep.  Lol.  It's so stinkin obvious!!  Glad someone in the group is noticing it.  No wonder Landon didn't invite Kathryn.  Jelly!

I'm editing this to add that I just noticed since there's a lot of talk of cribs here the ads are popping up for lucite cribs.  That's funny.

Edited by Sai
  • Love 15

Landon went to far. Kathryn has 2 children with a man she loves (loved?) She has enough child support and family money to raise them as very privileged and very loved. She's not a crack ho out having unprotected sex who will then ignore the kids she has in favor of drugs. It's obvious she loves her kids and so does Trav. If she had abortions people would scream bloody murder. It's like a 1950's attitude. The men can have as much sex as they want but woe to the women they have it with!!

Cameron continues to disappoint also. As Craig said she drank Whitneys kool aid of Kathyrn hate. She's coming off as a real bitch and me no likey. 

Maybe Shep and everyone else can get off Craigs ass about the bar exam. He's not the first person who went to law school and decided he didn't want to be a lawyer. He still has a law degree and that's impressive. I'm not one to defend millennials (get off my lawn..dam kids) But I thought he handled the bourbon thing very well. He built it up in his head that this was THE job for him and when he was told no he simply said he needed to go lick his wounds and his hurt feelings and then he needed to dive in and learn about it. Sounds like a human reaction to me.

• Love 21
5 hours ago, Giselle said:

That Lucite crib is going to be a pain to keep clean with constant snot smears, sneeze spray and spit up .

Just the greasy fingerprints alone on it while T-Rav was putting it together made me dry heave a little.

5 hours ago, selhars said:

I know. Thomas has NO game at all.

He never appeared older to me than when he asked the girls on the street, "Are you into the Grunge Movement?" 

That house is stunning.  It's views, scenery, and abodes like this that keep me coming back to Bravo.  I may never have them in my own life, but I can certainly appreciate them from afar.

• Love 19
5 hours ago, Giselle said:

That Lucite crib is going to be a pain to keep clean with constant snot smears, sneeze spray and spit up .

That's the first thing I thought of....plus, little tiny fingerprint and footprint smudges everywhere!!

I think Kathryn has a thing for lucite, though - she also has lucite dining chairs (Craig was sitting on one before Kathryn received Thomas' "donated" sofa).

• Love 9

I agree with everyone's theories on why Whitney can't stand Kathryn, because she used him to get on the show. Girl is definitely good at blindsiding men, from what we've been shown. I didn't care for Landon's comments about Kathryn, but it was the way she said it that I disliked. I can't stand either woman from what we're shown on the show.

I was laughing everytime Shep said "Appalachians".... around here we call them the Blue Ridge mountains. Or the Smoky Mountains a little closer to me. The only time I've ever heard someone refer to Applachians, is the state university, my alma mater. :)

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Lizzing said:

So I don't think he's hung up on Kathryn per se, just hung up on being used as a tool for her to get back with TRav and her continued presence is a reminder of his failings.  Similarly, Shep was a Kathryn ONS, but he doesn't care that Kath & TRav were together, because he can also draw real women's attention.

I agree with this.  That's a nasty thing to do to use TRav's best friend to get back at him.  If a man did that to two women, everybody would want his head on a pike. 

But what creeps me out is Whitney having actual sex with any living person; something about that guy creeps me out.  However, if I had to choose between Whit and TRav, I'd choose Whit, as creepy as he is.  I detest aging fratboy type drinkers.  What's interesting about drunks is they think they are interesting when in reality they're just sad and boring. 

• Love 4
(edited)

I just want to point out that once again JD stated point blank to Craig about him not being the head of the bourbon business with no talk back from Craig. Even when he spelled out the VP title for Dani, Craig just responded with weakass garbage but never stated it was a promise.  JD was more generous than he should have been reminding Craig that he has to walk before he can run.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 6
34 minutes ago, RedHawk said:

T-Rav referencing "the Grunge movement"! We are the same age and I so chuckled at that. What cave have you been living in for 20 years, Thomas? No wonder he was acting like he's never seen women with colored hair, tattoos, or piercings. He's still stuck in 1994.  That's right, buddy, raise the roof! 

If Whitney had sidled up next to him and said "yeah boy" it would have made this the best reality TV moment ever!

• Love 14
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Major Bigtime said:

I agree with everyone's theories on why Whitney can't stand Kathryn, because she used him to get on the show. Girl is definitely good at blindsiding men, from what we've been shown. I didn't care for Landon's comments about Kathryn, but it was the way she said it that I disliked. I can't stand either woman from what we're shown on the show.

I was laughing everytime Shep said "Appalachians".... around here we call them the Blue Ridge mountains. Or the Smoky Mountains a little closer to me. The only time I've ever heard someone refer to Applachians, is the state university, my alma mater. :)

I come from the Appalachian Mountains, and I also thought Shep was mistaken on referring to the Linville area as the Appalachians. We always thought of that area as the Blue Ridge (and the episode title was "Blue Ridge Mountain Blues"), with the Smokies being more over the line in Tennessee. But then, my specific range is called the Cumberland Mountains, and I've read that lately the entire mountain region is being referred to as "the Appalachians". Mostly I was just glad he pronounced it correctly. 

Also, where I come from, nothing says Old Money like a second (or third or fourth) home in the Asheville area, e.g., Biltmore estate. 

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 12
55 minutes ago, RedHawk said:

I don't think he has feelings of desire or attraction, but I think Whitney was pissed at the time because Katkryn pretty clearly used him and then dumped him for Thomas. Then she pushed her way onto Whitney's reality show, altered the focus and trajectory he had in mind, and even worse, became the show's star. IMO she bested him and he didn't even see it coming, and he is still angry about that. 

Whitney kept saying that Kathryn lies. I'm having a hard time remembering when Kathryn lied about anything except when she said she'd come back from Jekyll Island. The problem with Kathryn isn't so much that she's a liar. It's that she's a nakedly obvious user.

Kathryn is largely not capable of lying because she has terrible impulse control. When she left the polo match because JD and Elizabeth were there, that wasn't lying. That was a tantrum because things weren't exactly how she wanted. She's the Ginger Tornado. 

33 minutes ago, RedHawk said:

T-Rav referencing "the Grunge movement"! We are the same age and I so chuckled at that. What cave have you been living in for 20 years, Thomas? No wonder he was acting like he's never seen women with colored hair, tattoos, or piercings. He's still stuck in 1994.  That's right, buddy, raise the roof! 

I don't know where the cave was, but I know it had plenty of cocaine.

Because I haven't said it, Shep's parents' "mountain cabin" was gorgeous. I clearly don't understand how rich people name things.

• Love 12
(edited)

On rewatch, I suspect that the scene where Patricia disparages the bras, shoes, and Ann Taylor clothes in a pile at the foot of Whitney's bed took place the day after Kathryn left Whitney at the party and went home with Thomas. (Patricia clearly knew who "Kathryn" was despite later telling Andy she never met Kathryn.) 

Whitney doesn't care that his mom is directing Robert the Houseguest to gather up the clothes and dump them in the laundry room, so he's clearly pissed off. He must have later put the bags out on the sidewalk and sent Kathryn the text to come pick them up. 

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

So does this mean finding an aging alcoholic to breed with beats being single?  Didn't know that was an accomplishment.  Good to know. 

Nope, now you're misinterpreting my entire post, Neurochick: I never implied that "finding an aging alcoholic to breed with beats being single" or that Kathryn's own choice to be a babymama for T-Rav is remotely an accomplishment because of course it isn't. 

But the way Landon was looking down her nose at Kathryn's lifestyle and sitting there making such bitchy judgements against her seemed undeserved and unnecessary, especially coming from her own unaccomplished self. Yes, some of the other cast members have made equally undeserved comments concerning Kathryn as well, but Landon's comments in particular seemed to be wrapped in an extra layer of nastiness and jealousy.

• Love 19
(edited)
10 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

That lucite crib looked ugly and impractical and probably cost a small fortune.

Katherine's Crib  You can say that again! $4500 and Katherine was doing MORE online shopping when Craig stopped by? This is not a woman in dire financial straits.  Apparently this is the crib Beyonce and Jay-Z bought....Oh, Katherine.....

Edited by PickleDeeDee
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, iloveit said:

Ok, Landon, what a B!!! Lol!! I was kind of laughing with her previously but she went to far. You can't hate on Kathryn for sleeping around and then be BFF with Shep who does the same. There are other reasons to dislike Kathryn lol. I was also annoyed by her repeatedly telling Shep his house is "lovely." Shep's house is freaking baller and I want to live there. Asheville looks fun! I don't really care about Cameron's struggle to decide if she wants to have a kid. It's a big commitment and the only problem with her not wanting kids is that husband does want kids. Sorry, Craig, I do not buy the Whitney is so sad about Kathryn thing. I would believe that he was irritated at the time POSSIBLY (or maybe not really) but I don't think he still has feeling for Kathryn. Just not buying that story. 

I absolutely don't buy it either,  nice try craig(show). I will never believe that Whitney cares one bit that Kathryn is not his. Yes,  he might have been a little burned when she went over and tried Thomas (big maybe). He does not care now,  her behavior alone would have him thanking God everyday she jumped on the TRav ship.

Landon isn't any better than Kathryn as far as what they have going on.  

Kathryn having 2 children with an old rich alcoholic is no accomplishment.  Especially because her goal was marriage and the old drunk left her looking like a not very good gold digger.  

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Whitney kept saying that Kathryn lies. I'm having a hard time remembering when Kathryn lied about anything except when she said she'd come back from Jekyll Island. The problem with Kathryn isn't so much that she's a liar. It's that she's a nakedly obvious user.

Kathryn is largely not capable of lying because she has terrible impulse control. When she left the polo match because JD and Elizabeth were there, that wasn't lying. That was a tantrum because things weren't exactly how she wanted. She's the Ginger Tornado. 

I don't know where the cave was, but I know it had plenty of cocaine.

Because I haven't said it, Shep's parents' "mountain cabin" was gorgeous. I clearly don't understand how rich people name things.

Oh yeah, mounds of cocaine!

The vast seaside mansions of Newport, Rhode Island, were called "summer cottages" by their multi-millionaire owners.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, RedHawk said:

Almost as cringe worthy as a man in his 50's having a conversation about pulling out during the gigantic jenga game.  So gross.  He's an idiot 

• Love 14
(edited)

Who made Jennifer Snowden Thomas' keeper? It's not for her to like or dislike his actions if Kathryn is ok with them. She really wants to keep Kathryn riled up, possibly for nefarious reasons. Some friend. Kathryn would be wise to phase her out, and certainly not tell her any secrets, but probably too late for that. To bring up another 20-years-ago reference, Jennifer gives me Linda Tripp vibes. I see why Kathryn turned to Snowden, but she should pivot toward J.D.'s wife Elizabeth, who seems so much more adult and sincere, and could offer Kathryn so much more. 

Edited by RedHawk
Corrected Elizabeth's name.
  • Love 21
42 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Agreed, she's a terrible liar. But this is also the same girl who blatantly lied right into Thomas's face on multiple occasions that she had slept with Whitney, even fighting/storming out of rooms over it when confronted by Thomas. The same girl who who misleads people about everything from her financial status to her pregnancy issues and the dangerous habits she may or may not engage in. Not that I think Whitney is completely up front with all his business either, but even so-called "truth cannons" like her and her ilk can't always be trusted for 100% honesty.

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

The difference between Shep sleeping around and Kathryn sleeping around is he does it because it's fun and she does it to get what she wants / get somewhere / get someone / get revenge. 

In other words, for fun.....

• Love 23
7 hours ago, Giselle said:

And the first time the diaper comes off loaded with excrement is going to be more fun than a barrel of monkeys.

• Love 11
26 minutes ago, Sun-Bun said:

Agreed, she's a terrible liar. But this is also the same girl who blatantly lied right into Thomas's face on multiple occasions that she had slept with Whitney, even fighting/storming out of rooms over it when confronted by Thomas. The same girl who who misleads people about everything from her financial status to her pregnancy issues and the dangerous habits she may or may not engage in. Not that I think Whitney is completely up front with all his business either, but even so-called "truth cannons" like her and her ilk can't always be trusted for 100% honesty.

I was going to say this as well, thank you for doing it so succinctly. Kathryn does indeed lie, she's just not very good at it.

8 minutes ago, bosawks said:

In other words, for fun.....

I am pretty sure Shep uses protection and isn't trying to get a girl pregnant in order to goad her into marrying him.  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, JenFromCincy said:

Just the greasy fingerprints alone on it while T-Rav was putting it together made me dry heave a little.

He never appeared older to me than when he asked the girls on the street, "Are you into the Grunge Movement?" 

That house is stunning.  It's views, scenery, and abodes like this that keep me coming back to Bravo.  I may never have them in my own life, but I can certainly appreciate them from afar.

Yeah, they were still oocytes during "the grunge movement"

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Major Bigtime said:

Appalachia makes him feel like he is really roughing it in his little huntin' cabin.

• Love 2
(edited)

Cameran has perfected the art of the side hug.  I'm fascinated by it and may need to diagram it out so I can do.  She kind of leans in and out at the same time but turns her face away for an air kiss.  

I noticed that too.  Now I'll have to see if she ALWAYS does that. 

It's like the hug you do…with  people:

-- you're not thrilled about, but OK I'll hug you, sort of (you might think when you see them, "Oh, God, here we go."

-- that you know have bad breath or hygeine

-- who are a little took huggy….you want a hug and quick release, and they want the kiss and longer hug 

-- or if you have touch issues, because of some less than pleasant experience.

-- Or It could just be how she was raised. 

2) I'd say Kathryn sure as hell can lie to get what she wants. If she led Whitney on, and used him -- then thats lying of a sort. Not verbal but I think she certainly verbal lies as well

((Help please: why is my space bar "double spacing?' -  but when I TYPE the end of the line wrapped around to regular single space? How do I change the space bar to single spacing? thanks)

Edited by selhars
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, PickleDeeDee said:

Katherine's Crib  You can say that again! $4500 and Katherine was doing MORE online shopping when Craig stopped by? This is not a woman in dire financial straits.  Apparently this is the crib Beyonce and Jay-Z bought....Oh, Katherine.....

Maybe Kathryn should have gone to Babies R Us and bought a more practical, less expensive crib, and then she wouldn't have had to get a couch donated by Thomas.  

Hell, with $4500.00, she could have probably bought a crib and dresser/changing table, and had money leftover for moderately priced living room furniture and a dining table and chairs (not lucite!!!)

She's on modified bedrest and spending her bedrest time shopping online?  She could have found everything she needed within her budget on wayfair.com or overstock!!  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 6

It was nice to see a slice of Asheville on tv! Makes me wish this was really a show based in Asheville on not Charleston. 

All I have to say about the Kathryn slut shaming convo that always takes place here is that if you don't want to be labeled a slut then don't sleep with four of the guys on the show within days of each other and not expect to be labeled as such. Expand your horizons a bit, there are other fish in the sea than the same dudes that see each other/communicate with one another on an almost daily basis.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, PickleDeeDee said:

That crib is creepy.  It looks like an incubator.  Yeah, T-Rav really put that hideous thing together his own self.  Sure.

Landon is still as dumb as a box of rocks. Without the rocks. (But still Sly like a Fox.)  Her Sis may want to re-think the whole eyebrow/hair thing.  She looks like Dorinda's daughter on RHONY.  Is this a new (unfortunate) trend?  Maybe I am just clueless?

You know what would be hilarious?  Shep and Kathrine ending up together. Shep would get his 2.5 built-in kids and they could move to Sullivan's Island. Katherine would get her Money/Honey and they would probably have a blast together.

I would love to see the reactions from T-Rav, Landumb and Miss Greek Chorus/Cameron should that happen.  Now that would be some fun #! 

I predict that Mama's Boy Craig, will have a full blown melt down on camera, when slithery J.D. kicks him to the curb for nonperformance related "issues."  Run, Naomi. Run.

• Love 8
(edited)
2 hours ago, bblancobrnx said:

I think you mean Elizabeth if you are talking about JD's wife. Yeah she seems like a real sweetheart and true friend

Thanks, I've corrected that. 

Edited by RedHawk
2 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

The difference between Shep sleeping around and Kathryn sleeping around is he does it because it's fun and she does it to get what she wants / get somewhere / get someone / get revenge. 

It's like Shep does it because he likes to have sex and Katheryn does it because she wants something or someone.  I once knew a woman like Kathryn, she didn't even like sex but just did it because she wanted to get something, get ahead or something like that.  The "catch" she wanted turned out to be a gambler/alcoholic/addict and I think she's on welfare now.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

It's like Shep does it because he likes to have sex and Katheryn does it because she wants something or someone.  I once knew a woman like Kathryn, she didn't even like sex but just did it because she wanted to get something, get ahead or something like that.  The "catch" she wanted turned out to be a gambler/alcoholic/addict and I think she's on welfare now.

Wow, so just like Kathryn and T-Rav. (We just haven't seen the gambling yet. Or would that be staking $1 million on a failed Senate bid?)

It was so exciting to see that an episode of Southern Charm was filmed in out little 'one stoplight' town!  We had a little watch party to enjoy the local bits, but most of the mountain parts of this episode were in Asheville.  Guess we'll have to have another party next week, when the drama on the porch continues.  Still, it was lovely to see that all of the things we enjoy about this area were there for all to see---the mountain vistas from the porch, the sunsets, and the great mountain peace.  Too bad it will all be shattered by this lovely manufactured "Whitney and Kathryn drama"...

• Love 9

Yes, Kathryn needs to dump Jennifer and hold on tight to Elizabeth!! If Craig wants to succeed in the business or legal world, he needs to grow some thicker skin! Boohoo, I wasn't gifted the job I wanted right away!! Being JD's assistannt seems like a cool job that will teach Craig a lot. I can't imagine JD pouting around when something doesn't go his way. This is not to elevate JD as some hero or anything but I also don't see him as scheming to humiliate Craig. Craig did that himself and he needs to get over it!

• Love 3

I agree. And Naomie needs to buck up as well and accept that her boy-man still has a long way to go before he's given a VP job anywhere. They're young, and I wish them well. It's just that both should chill their expectations and enjoy this time in their lives. Craig is already earning decent money and has fame as a reality TV "star", so that should be enough for his rich French lady for now.

• Love 8

Back someplace on the thread someone asked why they didn't drive their own cars to Shep's house.  Because they didn't want to leave their cars there while no one was home at Shep's.  Supposedly it's not the best neighborhood in the world.  They probably Ubered.

There really is a double standard when it comes to women and who they decide to have sex with.  Kathryn is a slut because she slept with three guys in the group.  What about the guys.  Three of them slept with the same woman.  But that's 'ok' because the rules 'are' different for men .....  And it would have been  'ok' if one of the guys had hooked up with three of the women.  The guy would get snarked but wouldn't get the same vitriol that a woman would get.

And when a woman gets unexpectedly pregnant, she is to blame.  It takes two to tango and both parties are equally at fault.

• Love 19
(edited)

Jennifer's  fear that Kathryn and Thomas  might get along was all over face.  I'm not a Kathryn fan (she reminds me too much of my brothers first wife) but it was nice to see her seem happy and content. 

Thomas hitting on very young women on the street was beyond creepy . I did get a kick out  of Craig and Shep saying they love blue grass music... Cut to Thomas and Whitney saying they hate blue grass. Drunk TRav actually makes me laugh. I still think he's a drunken loser but,  you know. 

I hate party buses.  I didn't mind them as a  young 20 something. So I'd be renting a car too.  Plus, I love an easy out.  I don't like being miserable,  so getting out of shitty situations is something  I allow myself. 

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 9
12 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

And when a woman gets unexpectedly pregnant, she is to blame.  It takes two to tango and both parties are equally at fault.

I was taught eons ago in the 1970's that my body was my responsibility, that I couldn't depend on a guy to wear a condom; if I got pregnant, I would be the one to carry the baby and 9 times out of 10 I'd be responsible for the child.  It's not fair and yes it does take two to tango, but until the day that both the men and women have to carry the child (like in Alien Nation) people will see it as the woman's responsibility. 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I was taught eons ago in the 1970's that my body was my responsibility, that I couldn't depend on a guy to wear a condom; if I got pregnant, I would be the one to carry the baby and 9 times out of 10 I'd be responsible for the child.  It's not fair and yes it does take two to tango, but until the day that both the men and women have to carry the child (like in Alien Nation) people will see it as the woman's responsibility. 

Simple biology.

• Love 2
Just now, Neurochick said:

People may see it that way because that's how they've been conditioned.  That doesn't make it ok.  And that was my point.

I have to disagree that a woman can't depend on a man to wear a condom.  If she wants him to wear one and he declines, well, party over.  That is her choice.

• Love 17

Why does Kathryn have a nanny? Does she have a full time job that she has to drag her tired, pregnant self to everyday? A house to clean herself and laundry to do, grocery shopping, feeding, bathing, clothing your child, etc...?  I don't see her doing anything except worrying about why the group doesn't like her. Sorry,  I'm not feeling Kathryn as a mother at all. I don't see sweetness, kindness or love. The nanny holds the kid while she kisses her goodnight. How nice of you, Kathryn. I shudder to think of her with 2 kids.  From the looks of that house, it appears she has failed as a gold digger, too. Moving in with no furniture, then you settle for a couch  your baby daddy donates to you probably because he bought a new one for his own lavish Charleston mansion? Girl, get TRav to buy you a house full of gorgeous stuff!  Can't you at least play the game of nice long enough to get him to spring for SOMETHING?

• Love 8
(edited)
On 5/17/2016 at 7:05 AM, FlyingEgret said:

And just the top portion of the pajama set - who doesn't at least wear leggings or shorts when hanging out with a group??

I was wondering the same thing. In my 20s, I had a group of friends of both sexes that went on trips like this together and no one would wear something like this.  Of course, none of my group was dating or wanted to date each other.  but still.  Too tacky. 

On 5/17/2016 at 8:09 AM, JenFromCincy said:

I didn't realize it was a "movement"   I had to rewind to make sure I heard him correctly.  And he's even of an age that he should know what grunge was and likely knew of someone who at least half-heartedly participated in it....

23 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

At least he said it correctly.  My husband and I both noticed that and it made me think of the conversation on here last week about how Shep is really smart.  And if he can make it from that cabin to Nashville in 4 hours... I want to know how many tickets he got doing so :-)  Its been a long time since I lived in Knoxville but I can't see how he made it in 4 hrs since there are plenty of mountains in between....

Edited by DFWGina
weird quoting
  • Love 3
(edited)
41 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

People may see it that way because that's how they've been conditioned.  That doesn't make it ok.  And that was my point.

I have to disagree that a woman can't depend on a man to wear a condom.  If she wants him to wear one and he declines, well, party over.  That is her choice.

Ball is still in her court. You are never going to make things "ok". Protect yourself.

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 3
(edited)

Shep is the most likeable, followed by Craig.  The least by far is Landon, follow by Cameron.  T-Rav and Kathryn are the villains - that you need for this kind of show. And I like Patricia more than Whitney.

Edited by escape
  • Love 3
50 minutes ago, DFWGina said:

I was wondering the same thing. In my 20s, I had a group of friends of both sexes that went on trips like this together and no one would wear something like this.  Of course, none of my group was dating or wanted to date each other.  but still.  Too tacky.  +

I didn't realize it was a "movement"   I had to rewind to make sure I heard him correctly.  And he's even of an age that he should know what grunge was and likely knew of someone who at least half-heartedly participated in it....

At least he said it correctly.  My husband and I both noticed that and it made me think of the conversation on here last week about how Shep is really smart.  And if he can make it from that cabin to Nashville in 4 hours... I want to know how many tickets he got doing so :-)  Its been a long time since I lived in Knoxville but I can't see how he made it in 4 hrs since there are plenty of mountains in between....

They went to Asheville, not Nashville. 

• Love 1