Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Tara Ariano

S03.E07: Blue Ridge Mountain Blues

Recommended Posts

I guess I'm not getting my point across regarding responsibility for yourself when it comes to having sex.  Of course you are responsible for using protection and when you don't, you can pay serious consequences.  And that is not just about pregnancy.  It's also about STD's.  The ball is in the court of anyone, man or woman, who decides to hook up or have a sexual relationship.

My original point is about blame and double standards when it comes to how women are perceived by society.  That's not ok. 

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post

6 minutes ago, butterflyeludesme said:

They went to Asheville, not Nashville. 

Yeah, but Shep said, in response to Craig's confusing Asheville & Nashville, that Nashville is another 4 hours away.  I think it's closer to 5.5/6 hrs.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Lizzing said:

Yeah, but Shep said, in response to Craig's confusing Asheville & Nashville, that Nashville is another 4 hours away.  I think it's closer to 5.5/6 hrs.

I've driven it a couple of times and recall it was between 4 and 5 hours. I don't think he was saying it to be exact as he's probably only driven it once or twice himself, he was just correcting Craig's mistake.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Regarding the poster who stated how birth control is, ultimately, the responsibility of the one who does not wish to be pregnant (the woman), I completely agree.  In the case at hand, however, Kathryn's goal was to attach herself to a rich man.  If using him to get pregnant is a viable option for solidifying this attachment, then birth control be damned. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I think lucite clear cribs are ugly.

its a baby's nursery not an Apple product or office at Mode magazine. 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Why does Kathryn have a nanny? Does she have a full time job that she has to drag her tired, pregnant self to everyday? A house to clean herself and laundry to do, grocery shopping, feeding, bathing, clothing your child, etc...?  I don't see her doing anything except worrying about why the group doesn't like her. Sorry,  I'm not feeling Kathryn as a mother at all. I don't see sweetness, kindness or love. The nanny holds the kid while she kisses her goodnight. How nice of you, Kathryn. I shudder to think of her with 2 kids.  From the looks of that house, it appears she has failed as a gold digger, too. Moving in with no furniture, then you settle for a couch  your baby daddy donates to you probably because he bought a new one for his own lavish Charleston mansion? Girl, get TRav to buy you a house full of gorgeous stuff!  Can't you at least play the game of nice long enough to get him to spring for SOMETHING?

My guess is Thomas hired her to make sure the children were cared for, especially while Kathryn is sentenced to bedrest.  Doesn't the nanny travel between the parents?  Didn't someone say that Kathryn had stored her stuff out by the barn and it might critters in it?  My prediction is Kathryn will move back home a time or two before she is thirty.  No wonder she invests in Lucite. Granted she has the money from the show, but she stopped letting Thomas see his children and he stopped writing checks.  My guess is her only income is the Reunion check she gets next month. Then it is time to sign for a new season.  Oh goodie more purses for Kathryn.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

My guess is Thomas hired her to make sure the children were cared for, especially while Kathryn is sentenced to bedrest.  Doesn't the nanny travel between the parents?  Didn't someone say that Kathryn had stored her stuff out by the barn and it might critters in it?  My prediction is Kathryn will move back home a time or two before she is thirty.  No wonder she invests in Lucite. Granted she has the money from the show, but she stopped letting Thomas see his children and he stopped writing checks.  My guess is her only income is the Reunion check she gets next month. Then it is time to sign for a new season.  Oh goodie more purses for Kathryn.

I don't see a problem with Kathryn having a nanny.  Thomas can afford it.  Kathryn said she was on modified  bed rest. 

My mom hired a woman to come help me out with both my oldest children.  She took care of all the things around the house I was to tired to deal with meals,  cleaning,  laundry.  

Hubby and myself just worried about the baby.  The woman  of course offered to watch the baby while I napped,  and sometimes I took her up on it.  It was something my mom could afford and wanted the first few months to be as easy as possible.  

The nanny is there for kensie.   I thought I heard Kathryn say she couldn't  leave the house.  poor kensie  would be stuck in the house,  good thing she has the nanny to take her to the park or wherever. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

I can buy that S1 Whitney may have been hurt by being used by Kathryn, and maybe he even relished in having Craig be able to say all of the things he really thought about her. In case anyone tuned in past S1, Craig had a "Kindergarten Crush" on Kathryn and caused a big scene at T-Rav's dinner party by announcing that she slept with three people at the table (T-Rav, Whitney, and Shep) within 2 weeks. But by S2, I firmly believe that Craig and Whitney's thoughts on Kathryn flip-flopped, with Craig relating to her as "an outsider" in the group and Whitney thanking his lucky stars that he dodged that crazy-ass bullet. Maybe he thought of her as a gold-digger (with "a black spot with a dollar sign where [her] heart should be") but I think it's legitimately because of the nonstop drama he's seen his BFF go through with her. Not that T-Rav is innocent here--these two create the perfect storm of dysfunction where their issues are an absolute match made in hell. But they've been friends a long time, which means that Patricia has known T-Rav a long time, too, and I guarantee they've never seen him go through THIS horrific of a relationship. I think season 2 Whitney legitimately thought he could reason with his friend and get him to see how terrible Kathryn is for him. But by now I think Whitney is over it and realizes T-Rav is a big a wreck as Kathryn. Yet, I think Patricia still has a soft spot for T-Rav and puts ALL of the blame for the dysfunction on Kathryn, because T-Rav can be charming 1:1 to Patricia without that shameless strumpet around "causing" the scenes.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Why does Kathryn have a nanny? Does she have a full time job that she has to drag her tired, pregnant self to everyday? A house to clean herself and laundry to do, grocery shopping, feeding, bathing, clothing your child, etc...?  I don't see her doing anything except worrying about why the group doesn't like her. Sorry,  I'm not feeling Kathryn as a mother at all. I don't see sweetness, kindness or love. The nanny holds the kid while she kisses her goodnight. How nice of you, Kathryn. I shudder to think of her with 2 kids.  From the looks of that house, it appears she has failed as a gold digger, too. Moving in with no furniture, then you settle for a couch  your baby daddy donates to you probably because he bought a new one for his own lavish Charleston mansion? Girl, get TRav to buy you a house full of gorgeous stuff!  Can't you at least play the game of nice long enough to get him to spring for SOMETHING?

Ummm...probably because Thomas pays for the nanny?  Since Kenzie definitely needs a nanny when she is spending time with Thomas, I would assume that Kathryn demanded requested a nanny all the time, to keep continuity in Kenzie's schedule, especially since Thomas can afford it.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

So, I didn't notice, but did Whitney eat the steaks that Craig cooked, after he bitched and moaned about Craig's grilling skills?  

I didn't really see what was wrong with what Craig was doing - I know that you shouldn't use the same utensils for raw and cooked chicken, but I've never heard that with beef.  

Those steaks looked amazing, and I think that Craig is a pretty good cook - IIRC, he did most of the cooking when he, Shep and Whitney went to visit Craig's parents last season, too.

Whitney just annoys the hell out of me - he seems like such a sourpuss downer ALL the time!  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

20 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

I can buy that S1 Whitney may have been hurt by being used by Kathryn, and maybe he even relished in having Craig be able to say all of the things he really thought about her. In case anyone tuned in past S1, Craig had a "Kindergarten Crush" on Kathryn and caused a big scene at T-Rav's dinner party by announcing that she slept with three people at the table (T-Rav, Whitney, and Shep) within 2 weeks. But by S2, I firmly believe that Craig and Whitney's thoughts on Kathryn flip-flopped, with Craig relating to her as "an outsider" in the group and Whitney thanking his lucky stars that he dodged that crazy-ass bullet. Maybe he thought of her as a gold-digger (with "a black spot with a dollar sign where [her] heart should be") but I think it's legitimately because of the nonstop drama he's seen his BFF go through with her. Not that T-Rav is innocent here--these two create the perfect storm of dysfunction where their issues are an absolute match made in hell. But they've been friends a long time, which means that Patricia has known T-Rav a long time, too, and I guarantee they've never seen him go through THIS horrific of a relationship. I think season 2 Whitney legitimately thought he could reason with his friend and get him to see how terrible Kathryn is for him. But by now I think Whitney is over it and realizes T-Rav is a big a wreck as Kathryn. Yet, I think Patricia still has a soft spot for T-Rav and puts ALL of the blame for the dysfunction on Kathryn, because T-Rav can be charming 1:1 to Patricia without that shameless strumpet around "causing" the scenes.

I can understand Craig's theory, I believe part of it is to make Kathryn feel better.  She lacks awareness or maturity over what constitutes a relationship.  With Whitney pushing 50 years old, he might have a little envy over Thomas having a beautiful baby daughter and a son on the way.  His mother sure seems to be pushing for the grandchild.  I am a believer that one can disapprove of many things in a person's life and still envy other aspects.  Whitney is just such a whiney, nasty little man who seems to live for others' bad fortune around him.  My guess is there aren't many people who want to spend time with him. 

I do think T-Rav, nailed it when he said Kathryn's attitude is she wants their split treated as a divorce and holds a lot of resentment she will never get anything more than child support from T-Rav.  It probably works against her she has a nice fat check from Bravo coming in when it comes to setting child support amounts.  I do think Patricia likes T-Rav, because he is capable of being a southern gentleman and believes his misdeeds make "perfection" Whitney look good. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I'm one of the three viewers who actually likes Whitney ( me, Pat, Michael the Butler.) Let me rephrase that: I like Whitney's talking heads but he's so uncomfortable to watch when he's interacting with the others, especially in what appear to be contrived situations - which, let's face it, pretty much everything on this show is contrived - so all the time. Anyone else want to bitch slap him when he was bitching about Craig's cooking? Anyone else want to bitch slap Craig for being a dumb as fuck shit stirrer? 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

So, I didn't notice, but did Whitney eat the steaks that Craig cooked, after he bitched and moaned about Craig's grilling skills?  

I didn't really see what was wrong with what Craig was doing - I know that you shouldn't use the same utensils for raw and cooked chicken, but I've never heard that with beef.  

Those steaks looked amazing, and I think that Craig is a pretty good cook - IIRC, he did most of the cooking when he, Shep and Whitney went to visit Craig's parents last season, too.

Whitney just annoys the hell out of me - he seems like such a sourpuss downer ALL the time!  

I liked that Shep once again made a stinkface when the girls were praising Craig for cooking.  Every week, Shep comes face to face with Craig doing something he can't do.  Love it!

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Babyfoot said:

I'm one of the three viewers who actually likes Whitney ( me, Pat, Michael the Butler.) Let me rephrase that: I like Whitney's talking heads but he's so uncomfortable to watch when he's interacting with the others, especially in what appear to be contrived situations - which, let's face it, pretty much everything on this show is contrived - so all the time. Anyone else want to bitch slap him when he was bitching about Craig's cooking?

Me! I like Whitney. It was pretty silly when he was bitching about Craig's cooking. That was not a good look on him. But I think I like Whitney because I too am sometimes awkward in social situations and I can relate to what we perceive as his discomfort. I also like the way he dresses when he's not microwaving creepy hot dogs for breakfast. 

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Did Mensa Member Landon say she was just providing "context" or "contents" for the website that savvy investor Bond villain is going to run for her out of the goodness of his heart? Methinks she is just looking for a way for her Cannes yacht excursions searching for the next hubby moneybags to be subsidized. I do love the editors - they cut to Landon every time Shep or TRav mentions another woman. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Nanny pants said:

Regarding the poster who stated how birth control is, ultimately, the responsibility of the one who does not wish to be pregnant (the woman), 

This statement makes me so angry that I can't even come up with a proper response except....Really?  That's all I can come up with.  Really?  It's all on the woman?  REALLY?  Ugh.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

The nanny has been with Kathryn since Kensie was born, season 2. She lived out at the plantation when Kathryn was there, then moved back and forth when they split. Thomas pays her and I think it's because he knows given Kathryn's habits, the babies need a responsible, sober adult taking care of them.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Why does Kathryn have a nanny? Does she have a full time job that she has to drag her tired, pregnant self to everyday? A house to clean herself and laundry to do, grocery shopping, feeding, bathing, clothing your child, etc...?  I don't see her doing anything except worrying about why the group doesn't like her. Sorry,  I'm not feeling Kathryn as a mother at all. I don't see sweetness, kindness or love. The nanny holds the kid while she kisses her goodnight. How nice of you, Kathryn. I shudder to think of her with 2 kids.  From the looks of that house, it appears she has failed as a gold digger, too. Moving in with no furniture, then you settle for a couch  your baby daddy donates to you probably because he bought a new one for his own lavish Charleston mansion? Girl, get TRav to buy you a house full of gorgeous stuff!  Can't you at least play the game of nice long enough to get him to spring for SOMETHING?

From what I have read, she does not have the nanny on a full time basis. The nanny was present during this time due to the modified bed rest and the weight limit for lifting. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Kathryn has a nanny right now because she works.  Does she pay for the nanny?  I don't know but Thomas uses 'that' same nanny when his child is with him.  Yeah, he gets criticism but no where on the level that Kathryn does. 

Yes, despite what people want to believe, Kathryn does have a job.  She's on the show.  So, she doesn't put Kensie to bed.  She was working.  Just like so many other mothers who leave her children with day care workers or if fortunate enough, a nanny.  That's what it is.  Add to that she is on modified bed rest.  She doesn't have a husband to pick up the slack.  And take a look at next week's preview regarding Thomas's decision to go to LA when the birth of his son is impending the next week.

Just another example of double standards.  Heck.  Do I like Kathryn when it comes to the decisions she's made when it comes to having children or who she sleeps with?  No.  But has her children's father gotten the vitriol that she has gotten?  No.  Has the men who slept with her gotten the vitriol she has gotten?  No.  Double standard.   

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Sai said:

This statement makes me so angry that I can't even come up with a proper response except....Really?  That's all I can come up with.  Really?  It's all on the woman?  REALLY?  Ugh.

Not necessarily.  But if the woman does not want to get pregnant she can (1) trust her partner to take care of the birth control; or (2) handle it herself.  

In matters of such import, I know which I'd choose.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

3 minutes ago, Nanny pants said:

Not necessarily.  But if the woman does not want to get pregnant she can (1) trust her partner to take care of the birth control; or (2) handle it herself.  

In matters of such import, I know which I'd choose.

And vice versa.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, terminalpreppy said:

Comment that made me want to hurl my remote at my TV:

Shep, when arriving at the "cabin": "Keep working hard Mom and Dad". Ergh, get a job you sleazy layabout.

 

Parenting: You're doing it wrong.

 

Related: What the HELL do women see in him? Charleston is a small town, every female would know he is on the show and know he sleeps around - a lot. It is like a badge of honor for him....how embarrassing. You're not 25 Shepherd, you are almost 40. 

 

I took that as Shep appreciating all that his parents' hard work and efforts had provided. I saw it as gratitude, and a way for him to acknowledge his parents' generosity to his friends, and we, the viewing audience.

I enjoy the relationship that he seems to have with his family. They seem close, and I like that he always says, "I love you" before he hangs up with his mom.  Move over Landon, I think I heart Shep too.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

Gee, I thought the New York business guy was actually pretty patient & rather kind to Ms. Special Snowflake.  I mean, seriously, that just ain't how we roll in business here in New York, Snowflake.  Now, if Snowflake had pulled that crap on Bethenny, just how do you think that would go?  She'd scream STFU in her face & Snowflake would be out on her ass in 2 seconds.  OK, we know Bethenny is somewhat extreme (uh, to say the least), but that guy was fairly easy on her.

Didn't Snowflake give any thought about why this guy would hand over ANY dough to her?  Maybe if she promised to bring the Bravo cams along with her & promote the hell outta his business, she'd be offering something.  OK, I know that's breaking the 4th wall & she can't do that, but still, offer the dude something, hun -- that is, something other than your usual senseless babbling.  Sheesh, every time I see her father, I feel so badly for that poor beleaguered-looking man.  He knows he's gonna be supporting her till he dies.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Hey, count me as one who will NEVER join in on the Shep love cuz there is too much about him I find totally repulsive.  Probably what bothers me most is the way he always seems to throw it in our faces how he's rich & doesn't have to work.  But it's not just that.  It's his laziness & his know-it-all attitude.  Sorry, I just can't stand the guy.  And his looks turn me off too.  The bugged-out eyes, the horse teeth, and the shitty way he dresses -- again, sorry Shep-lovers, but I'm not seeing anything attractive about him.  But that's me.  The thing is, he still easily gets laid, so clearly there are lots of chicks around that dig him.  

I kinda liked seeing the stark difference between the way Shep is seen by the chicks -- and the way Thomas is now seen.  I'm talking about the reaction of that gal Thomas was all over, who looked pretty grossed out by him.  And who could blame her?  Thomas looks completely ridiculous hitting on the 20-somethings.  But the gal who was grossed out by Thomas, seemed to like Shep.  So I guess Shep can still get away with this stuff (hooking up with 20-somethings).  But the clock is ticking, Horseteeth, the clock is ticking.  Look sharply at Thomas, Horseteeth, cuz that is your future.

One thing I really can't stand is Cam's constant talk of Shep getting married.  Uh, fuck off with this shit, Cam.  Nobody should be quizzed on reasons for being single.  Leave it alone, hun.  Do you want people asking why you have no kids or why you ain't pregnant?  Shut your piehole on this topic, Cam.

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post

Bwahahaha! Scoobiedoobs, I LOVE it when you call Shep "Horseteeth." Always gives me a JD style belly laugh.  I was kinda bummed when your earlier replies in this thread didn't contain any references. Here we go! Now this thread can be considered complete! 

Edited by bblancobrnx
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

I kinda liked seeing the stark difference between the way Shep is seen by the chicks -- and the way Thomas is now seen.  I'm talking about the reaction of that gal Thomas was all over, who looked pretty grossed out by him.  And who could blame her?  Thomas looks completely ridiculous hitting on the 20-somethings.  But the gal who was grossed out by Thomas, seemed to like Shep.  So I guess Shep can still get away with this stuff (hooking up with 20-somethings).  But the clock is ticking, Horseteeth, the clock is ticking.  Look sharply at Thomas, Horseteeth, cuz that is your future.

One thing I really can't stand is Cam's constant talk of Shep getting married.  Uh, fuck off with this shit, Cam.  Nobody should be quizzed on reasons for being single.  Leave it alone, hun.  Do you want people asking why you have no kids or why you ain't pregnant?  Shut your piehole on this topic, Cam.

YES!!! I realize those whole "you need to settle down and find a good wife" pep-talks Cam gives Shep are mostly part of their ongoing shtick, but it does get old after a while. Everybody has their own clocks set at their own speed, and Shep has regularly maintained that he does hope to settle down to family man life one day, but he's certainly not sweating it happening anytime soon now, so neither should she, the woman of the "I don't think I want kids so something must be wrong with me" mindset(which truly bothers me more than Shep's man-whoring ways; it's okay to not want kids, Cam, and there's nothing "wrong" with you for feeling that way, ugh, get with the 21st century already!!).

Granted, she might be hoping to see him with a good woman before he hits 40, else he'll turn out like Whitney and Thomas, pathetic old aging bachelors who can't rate anything but crazy younger women. 

And add me to the list of Whitney apologists: he cracks me up too! Sure, he can be bitchy and awkward queening about the way he does in his often creepy, dour manner, but his droll self is an interesting twist of flavor among these other guys. Plus, he does give good talking heads that are often delivered in a rather amusing, intelligently dry manner.

As for Shep, I think women like him because he's like a lovely Golden Retriever: he's friendly, charming, and just wants to have a fun and laidback time. He's also very respectful and well-mannered with women, unlike drunken T-Rav, and gals appreciate his old-fashioned Southern gentleman ways. Plus, he's silly and doesn't seem to take himself too seriously; a healthy sense of humor about oneself is always an attractive quality in men, after all. Plus, he seems like a genuinely nice dude and good person. Maybe Landon could've landed Shep if she were a nicer person---Shep totally outted her as a mean girl/stealth bitch, after all.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

16 hours ago, butterflyeludesme said:

They went to Asheville, not Nashville. 

Yes, on the show they were clearly in Asheville.   But Shep made a comment that his cabin was 4 hours from Nashville.  Where he went to school at Vanderbilt.  I just can't imagine how fast you have to be going from that cabin to get to Nashville in 4 hrs. Knoxville is in between the cabin and Nashville thus my reference.  

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/17/2016 at 10:35 PM, HunterHunted said:

Ugh, Whitless bitching about the food made me want to reach in the TV and smack him. If you want your food cooked a certain way, then do it your own damn self Vampire Lord Fauntleroy. But I cackled when Craig just read Whitney about Kathryn. Whitney was just doing the fish mouth.

This coming from someone we recently saw microwave a hot dog for breakfast.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

I liked that Craig twice commented oh how Thomas was trying to do the right thing by making nice with Kathryn. Sure, it's now mostly so he can see his kids, but on the other side there's Whitney who clearly wishes Thomas would dump Kathryn completely. Too late, Whit, you can't turn back time and put a condom on your buddy. He and Kathryn now have a connection and bond that's more or less permanent. 

And no matter how wary he seems of Kathryn's crazy, I still see a gleam of attraction in Thomas's eyes when he's around her. Whitney's just gonna have to step aside. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, intensebeige said:

Did T-Rav actually say to that poor child on the street by way of a pick-up line, "Have you heard of the grunge movement?"  

He asked if she was part of it. Or in it.  Something like that.  (Either way a weird question lol)

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, intensebeige said:

Did T-Rav actually say to that poor child on the street by way of a pick-up line, "Have you heard of the grunge movement?"  

Close, he asked her if she was into the grunge movement. The T in T-Rav must stand for Time warp.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, Sun-Bun said:

YES!!! I realize those whole "you need to settle down and find a good wife" pep-talks Cam gives Shep are mostly part of their ongoing shtick, but it does get old after a while. Everybody has their own clocks set at their own speed, and Shep has regularly maintained that he does hope to settle down to family man life one day, but he's certainly not sweating it happening anytime soon now, so neither should she, the woman of the "I don't think I want kids so something must be wrong with me" mindset(which truly bothers me more than Shep's man-whoring ways; it's okay to not want kids, Cam, and there's nothing "wrong" with you for feeling that way, ugh, get with the 21st century already!!).

Granted, she might be hoping to see him with a good woman before he hits 40, else he'll turn out like Whitney and Thomas, pathetic old aging bachelors who can't rate anything but crazy younger women. 

And add me to the list of Whitney apologists: he cracks me up too! Sure, he can be bitchy and awkward queening about the way he does in his often creepy, dour manner, but his droll self is an interesting twist of flavor among these other guys. Plus, he does give good talking heads that are often delivered in a rather amusing, intelligently dry manner.

As for Shep, I think women like him because he's like a lovely Golden Retriever: he's friendly, charming, and just wants to have a fun and laidback time. He's also very respectful and well-mannered with women, unlike drunken T-Rav, and gals appreciate his old-fashioned Southern gentleman ways. Plus, he's silly and doesn't seem to take himself too seriously; a healthy sense of humor about oneself is always an attractive quality in men, after all. Plus, he seems like a genuinely nice dude and good person. Maybe Landon could've landed Shep if she were a nicer person---Shep totally outted her as a mean girl/stealth bitch, after all.

I liked the way Shep politely questioned Landon's questionable choice to walk around in only her pajama top at his cabin. He was giving her a pretty clear hint that her attire was inappropriate for the gathering and she totally missed it. He did not find it sexy.

Then again, he's the guy who stripped to his undies with his date and jumped into Patricia's pool, so I guess he's do as I say not as I do. 

Edited by RedHawk
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

it was interesting to learn that those infamous icky Anne Taylor clothes on Whitney's bedside floor that Patricia was sneering at in the very first ever episode from S1 were indeed Kathryn's.

This was a good episode.  I liked the flashbacks knowing what we know now.  Everyone always remembered the disgusted "Ann Taylor" comment but know we have it confirmed the clothes were Kathryn's. He!

Quote

TRav gets the women when they're out and Whitney has to "date" Georgia Glass, his girlfriend in Canada he met at sleep away camp last summer, to save face. 

Thank you for my laugh of the day - love it!

Quote

Because what normal guy would give a rat's ass about that?

That's exactly how I feel about Shelp and Craig needing to be Kathryn's defenders and biggest advocates.  In real life, these normal dudes wouldn't touch that drama with a 10 foot pole.  Or probably even recognize that it was going on around them.

I laughed at Cameron speculating that Landon loooooves her some Shep, complete with outlined heart gesture.  That's obviously why she showed up pantless in her pajama top.  Too cute for old Shepherd to resist!  Except, I guess not?  

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

This show is nothing without Kathryn and the occasional drunken TRav. Every scene, discussion, and talking head always comes back to Kathryn. She's the star, so she should start demanding a bigger paycheck. That will piss off a few.  So sad these charmers can't carry the show without her.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, CriticalMass said:

Did Mensa Member Landon say she was just providing "context" or "contents" for the website that savvy investor Bond villain is going to run for her out of the goodness of his heart? Methinks she is just looking for a way for her Cannes yacht excursions searching for the next hubby moneybags to be subsidized. I do love the editors - they cut to Landon every time Shep or TRav mentions another woman. 

Content. Articles on, like, art? And culture? And, like, traveling to see art and culture? And maybe, like, concerts, too... I mean, like, who knows, her audience is totally into that kind of stuff. I think?

She'll also write about guys. Italian guys. And watch TV and stuff.

Edited by ivygirl
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, terminalpreppy said:

Comment that made me want to hurl my remote at my TV:

Shep, when arriving at the "cabin": "Keep working hard Mom and Dad". Ergh, get a job you sleazy layabout.

 

Parenting: You're doing it wrong.

 

Related: What the HELL do women see in him? Charleston is a small town, every female would know he is on the show and know he sleeps around - a lot. It is like a badge of honor for him....how embarrassing. You're not 25 Shepherd, you are almost 40. 

Thank you!!!! Shep's mountain home is not lovely, because Shep has no mountain home!! Shep's DAD has a lovely home in the mountains! Don't get me wrong, I think Shep is a nice guy but he's what, 35 years old? And his mommy stocks the fridge for a party with his friends and arranges for the housekeeper to come when you leave? That's awesome when you are 23....pathetic when you are 35. 

Thats the problem with the trust fund/"mailbox money". If Shep actually had to get a job, maybe Peter Pan would grow up. Whoever said T-Rav is Shep in 15 years nailed it. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I think this show is running out of steam...... watching these over-privileged  thirty something's still trying to decide what to do with their lives is boring. Tired of Craig's immature pouting, Jennifer & Cooper spreading lies &  the Thomas, Kathryn bab(ies) drama. I'd rather watch an hour with classy Patricia. 

Share this post


Link to post

58 minutes ago, shoegal said:

Thank you!!!! Shep's mountain home is not lovely, because Shep has no mountain home!! Shep's DAD has a lovely home in the mountains! Don't get me wrong, I think Shep is a nice guy but he's what, 35 years old? And his mommy stocks the fridge for a party with his friends and arranges for the housekeeper to come when you leave? That's awesome when you are 23....pathetic when you are 35. 

Thats the problem with the trust fund/"mailbox money". If Shep actually had to get a job, maybe Peter Pan would grow up. Whoever said T-Rav is Shep in 15 years nailed it. 

Why shouldn't Shep use his family's vacation home? He told his mom he'd hire a maid to clean up after their visit, and she said she had already set it up. Yes, she said she stocked the fridge, which my mom likely would also do for me and my friends, even if I said she didn't need to. Shep thanked his mother and he seems to appreciate the things he has and has access to. I think it's nice to see that Shep comes from a loving, supportive family.

I've known a lot of guys who grew up in wealthy families and then turned out far worse than Shep, many squandered their "mailbox money", acquired drug or alcohol addictions, fathered children out of wedlock, and generally live unhappy, unfulfilled lives. They're in their 50s now and some still blame their parents for all their own bad choices. Shep seems to be happy, enjoying his life, and taking responsibility for his own choices -- who is he hurting? In what way does he need to "grow up"? Get a job, get married, have a child? None of those automatically make you a grownup.

I see big differences between Shep and T-Rav. 

Edited by RedHawk
  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, RedHawk said:

Why shouldn't Shep use his family's vacation home? He told his mom he'd hire a maid to clean up after their visit, and she said she had already set it up. Yes, she said she stocked the fridge, which my mom likely would also do for me and my friends, even if I said she didn't need to. Shep thanked his mother and he seems to appreciate the things he has and has access to. I think it's nice to see that Shep comes from a loving, supportive family.

I've known a lot of guys who grew up in wealthy families and then turned out far worse than Shep, many squandered their "mailbox money", acquired drug or alcohol addictions, fathered children out of wedlock, and generally live unhappy, unfulfilled lives. They're in their 50s now and some still blame their parents for all their own bad choices. Shep seems to be happy, enjoying his life, and taking responsibility for his own choices -- who is he hurting? In what way does he need to "grow up"? Get a job, get married, have a child? None of those automatically make you a grownup.

I see big differences between Shep and T-Rav. 

Sounds like you know Thomas.....this description seems to fit him to a T (Rav)!    :-)

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, RedHawk said:

Why shouldn't Shep use his family's vacation home? He told his mom he'd hire a maid to clean up after their visit, and she said she had already set it up. Yes, she said she stocked the fridge, which my mom likely would also do for me and my friends, even if I said she didn't need to. Shep thanked his mother and he seems to appreciate the things he has and has access to. I think it's nice to see that Shep comes from a loving, supportive family.

I've known a lot of guys who grew up in wealthy families and then turned out far worse than Shep, many squandered their "mailbox money", acquired drug or alcohol addictions, fathered children out of wedlock, and generally live unhappy, unfulfilled lives. They're in their 50s now and some still blame their parents for all their own bad choices. Shep seems to be happy, enjoying his life, and taking responsibility for his own choices -- who is he hurting? In what way does he need to "grow up"? Get a job, get married, have a child? None of those automatically make you a grownup.

I see big differences between Shep and T-Rav. 

A loving, supporting family, who takes care of his every need.  Don't worry honey, Daddy will make the house payment and Mommy will stock the fridge and arrange for clean up, (probably because she doesn't trust Shep to do it).  I just don't like to see grown men who allow their parents to treat them as if they are still 17.  Yes, Shep seems to be enjoying his life, he's an over grown man child with no responsibility!  He sleeps until noon and parties all night.  He's a perpetual frat boy, which gets old and unbecoming in your mid-30's.  At least IMO. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, shoegal said:

A loving, supporting family, who takes care of his every need.  Don't worry honey, Daddy will make the house payment and Mommy will stock the fridge and arrange for clean up, (probably because she doesn't trust Shep to do it).  I just don't like to see grown men who allow their parents to treat them as if they are still 17.  Yes, Shep seems to be enjoying his life, he's an over grown man child with no responsibility!  He sleeps until noon and parties all night.  He's a perpetual frat boy, which gets old and unbecoming in your mid-30's.  At least IMO. 

You're entitled to your opinion. 

I have a feeling the house in the mountains was paid off long ago and if not, it does belong to his mom and dad so why would he make the payments? Shep built a house in Charleston and appears to have put up his own money for it.  I doubt his mom comes and stocks his fridge there weekly or "takes care of his every need".

I think the stocking of the fridge and the housekeeper after the visit also had something to do with the tight filming timeframe and having not only the cast but also a film crew roaming all over the house, etc. Shep's mom probably has someone clean the house or at least mow grass and check on it regularly because they don't live there full-time. The visit was done for the TV show, it's not like they were going to film Whitney vacuuming and Landon washing the sheets. 

 

42 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Sounds like you know Thomas.....this description seems to fit him to a T (Rav)!    :-)

I definitely know "a" Thomas. The similarities are striking. At least my friend hasn't met a Kathryn yet, but I fear he will!

Edited by RedHawk
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, RedHawk said:

You're entitled to your opinion. 

I have a feeling the house in the mountains was paid off long ago and if not, it does belong to his mom and dad so why would he make the payments? Shep built a house in Charleston and appears to have put up his own money for it.  I doubt his mom comes and stocks his fridge there weekly or "takes care of his every need".

I think the stocking of the fridge and the housekeeper after the visit also had something to do with the tight filming timeframe and having not only the cast but also a film crew roaming all over the house, etc. Shep's mom probably has someone clean the house or at least mow grass and check on it regularly because they don't live there full-time. The visit was done for the TV show, it's not like they were going to film Whitney vacuuming and Landon washing the sheets. 
 

 

Thanks, I'm glad I'm entitled to my opinion.  LOL. 

Whether Shep's trust fund money can be categorized as "his own money" is debatable IMO, I'd bet (my own hard earned) money his mom comes over and stocks his fridge.  I do believe his Mommy helps him out with that house..didn't she decorate it?  I seem to recall her coming over and this being discussed.  My favorite part of the phone call with Mommy about her getting everything ready for Shep and his friends was her making sure he knew how to start the gas fireplace outside, Shep's response was 'yeah, I think Dad showed me how to do it'.  Geez, he really is a freaking baby! 

...and Shep should be the one filmed vacuuming and washing the sheets.  It's the least he could do. IMO.

Edited by shoegal
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I totally disagree with all of the Shep hate.  Yes, his parents are wealthy. Yes, his mom stocked the fridge and hired a maid, who cares.  I know moms whose sons would be total mommas boys if the sons allowed it.  His mom will probably always mother him and he knows when to pick his battles.

 

In regards to him not "working" what's the big deal? He is able to live off his salary from the show and mailbox money it is not like he is living the good life off the government dole. If I could keep my lifestyle and not work I would do it in a heartbeat.

  • Like 21

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, shoegal said:

Thats the problem with the trust fund/"mailbox money". If Shep actually had to get a job, maybe Peter Pan would grow up. Whoever said T-Rav is Shep in 15 years nailed it. 

This is what infuriates me about men! They can play around until they are in their 50's and still have plenty women in their 20's and 30's that will want to marry them and start having kids. They have no ticking clock, especially if they have money and access to all the best in life. Shep is in no hurry and why should he be? He has the world by the balls, and he knows that when he's ready there will be no shortage of women circling around him no matter what his age. TRav would, too, if he didn't keep 'effing up and sabotoging his life with his pesky little substance and alcohol issues.

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size