Type keyword(s) to search

OutDaughtered - General Discussion

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Snark the show, not each other.  Civility matters. If a poster's posts routinely annoy you, please use the Ignore feature.  Hover over their user name and you will see a popup with an ignore option.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, readheaded said:

Maybe when you have 6 kids, most of them in pre-school, you don't go on a mission trip out of the country.  There were lots of things I wanted to do when my kids were little, but I didn't do them because it wasn't in their best interests.  That's not to say that I think parents should be martyrs who never do anything for themselves, quite the contrary.  I think it's good for kids to see that parents take care of themselves and each other; but in my own opinion, I don't think Adam and Danielle seem to deny themselves much, even when their children pay.

Preach!!   It really is absurd imo.  

• Love 12
On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 6:57 AM, fountain said:

I looked it up and Texas does the 5 by Sept 1 so fall babies are held back. It has never been like that here. I am in my 40s and my sister is an Oct baby and started kindergarten at age 4. It is so strange to me the fall holdback. So I guess April kids would be near the median age, not the older but not the youngest.

That is true about Texas.  You can send your child to a private kindergarten earlier but then they also have to do first grade at the private school, and then they can go into public school.

At my daughter's school they had a "T-1 (transitional first grade)" class where kids with late birthdays (March-August) and multiples sometimes were put in between kindergarten and first grade to give them time to mature and catch up with their peers.  My daughter was in that class (she had some issues pertaining to dyslexia and ADHD).  It is usually smaller and has more one-on-one opportunities for the students (and almost every teacher who worked in the school district tried to shoehorn their children - regardless of whether they needed the extra year or not - into that class).  The kids had to exhibit the ability to go to first grade but maybe were not emotionally ready to make the transition.  It was great for my daughter.

• Love 3

Sending her best wishes, and a quick recovery.    

The article I read about this, also says Adam is so ticked at TLC edits that he's thinking of dumping the show, doing their online videos (apparently you get paid for them somehow), and sponsored commercials with the quints.    Without the show publicity, I suspect sponsors and online viewers won't be as lucrative.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 6
On 11/10/2019 at 11:37 AM, SongbirdHollow said:

The ol’ missioncation. 

Its always the Religious Nut Jobs on these shoes. The weird as hell Duggers come to mind right away. As far as Parker goes. 4 year olds do NOT run the show. Either she does what the family is doing and what she is told or she can stay home with the Nanny we never see. She has no reason to act the way she does and Adam and Danielle need to stop carrying these kids around all of the time. They are 4 years old and do not need to be carried and held eveytime they start bitchin and moaning. They all know how to walk on their own so quit carrying them. And as far as dads go Adam is a real softie. Everytime they show him and Danielle he is about to start crying. Get it together man! As far as wanting to stay home all of the time and spend more time with the kids. Welcome to the real world buddy. Someone has to work to pay the bills and they should be glad that they have this show and dont have to work 2 jobs 18 hours a day.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, justduckey said:

Hysterectomy. Adam posted a 13-minute video about it but I haven’t watched it. Also, why did he need to record a video about a personal medical situation?? Oh right...

I would be so pissed if I worked at that hospital and had to work around their video requirements.

• Love 16
On 7/17/2019 at 12:34 PM, camom said:

They seem to be making her issues worse, just for the drama of the show.

I find that Adam is so involved with creating and pursuing his 'brand' that he is faced with forcing the girls to perform, or giving up his hopes for financial independence. I get that he's trying to cram as much in during the years they are still 'cute' but he forgets that he and Danielle are not the brand. They should be thankful for any monetary rewards they have received to date, and just let the girls decide who still wants to be filmed. If a company rejects the girls because 1 or 2 of them won't perform, than reject the company's offer. 

• Love 3
On 11/3/2019 at 5:13 AM, winsomeone said:

Better yet, leave Parker in the hotel room with the nanny if she is afraid of everything and everyone. Or better yet, at home.

When I 1st read this, I thought, Aww... Until I remembered my firstborn (son) at 6 years old. We were attending a wedding (hubby, me, 4 kids) and my boy was mad about something to do with a gameboy (wayyyyy back in the 90s, lol). He was hoping that I would allow him his gameboy back by throwing major tantrums at the worst possible times. My cousin offered to miss the ceremonies and take my son with her, back to the hotel, and I agreed. I was at my wit's end, but I assure you he never pulled that again. In the years after, all I would do is ask if he needed to 'leave' the event, and he would settle down. Some kids just need to know where the line has been drawn.

• Love 3
On 10/27/2019 at 8:24 AM, Snow Ann said:

smells it and says Ewww! Or one of the quints constantly talking about farting. They are gross. This family should be taken off tv.

Thank you for your post and I hope all parents who watch and crave more discipline for the quints, are also kind to their own childrens' teachers. I cannot tell you how many years in a 2/3 classroom where 1 to 3 kids who LOVE bathroom humour can change the composition of the class to the point where I would find the class uncontrollably giggling at behaviours you and I would find disgusting. Every year I've managed to encourage the culprits to leave that behaviour at the door, but I have to stay on top of it with clear, consistent consequences. But kids will always find this funny, hence why it's an issue every September. D & A may also find it funny so they just don't see this behaviour as a priority to be rid of.

On 10/27/2019 at 8:53 AM, Grams said:

I have always found Uncle Dale's connection with Hazel to be at best "weird" and at worst "concerning".  

I just feel surprise that the adults have no problem discussing favourites in front of the quints. Even an off comment like, "who wants to pair up with Riley?" is met with silence then laughter. Hazel, Parker and Riley are always singled out for discussion. What about the twins?

• Love 3
On 11/3/2019 at 10:30 PM, alegtostandon said:

We all know the moment they do a marriage vow renewal,  they're heading for divorce! 

OMG! Thank you for posting this, as I have found the exact same thing to be true. Be it on TV, or amongst my friends, vow renewals do not indicate a happy ending. After seeing so many of my friends' relationships end, I realized the vow renewal was a last ditch attempt to fix the relationship. When Jasmine of "Little Women..." fame announced a renewal, I immediately thought, here comes the separation. Public displays of love do not fix a broken relationship.

• Love 5

Just watched the dude ranch episode.  What did they do,  rent out the whole ranch?  When they were doing the western dancing,  it was just them.  I thought I saw another guest then realized it was the women they brought to babysit.   When they did Adam's birthday cake, they were in a room set up with several separate tables like a dining room but they were the only ones there.  

I am torn about the one little girl who gets nervous.  I am probably in the minority here but the way she acted regarding the horse was more like a 2 year old,  not a 4 year old.  Then Adam carrying her around like she is a toddler.  I remember being 4. I never remember my parents carrying me around like a toddler.   Just my opinion, but it was almost like  Adam created and added to her fear.  They should have asked if she wanted to ride,  once she starts crying in fear,  say "ok, you don't have to", don't try to force her.  

I really dislike these people the more I watch them.  They sat outdoors talking while everyone else took their kids in and got them ready for bed? 

Edited by alegtostandon
  • Love 7

My guess is the dude ranch weekend was during the off season, and it was just for the film crew, the Busbys, and all of the support staff.     Their group alone is probably 14 or 15 people, and then the film crew.   That is a big group, with lots of time needed for setting up shots, and talking head interviews.     So I bet it was shot before the season starts for the dude ranch, when the heat also starts in that part of Texas too.  

• Love 3
On 10/27/2019 at 8:24 AM, Snow Ann said:

Nothing is cute or beautiful about uncontrolled brats. The show is constantly showing them picking their nose. It’s disgusting to show that and the parents laugh about it. What about Hazel saying Smell my butt and one of the quints lifts her dress and smells it and says Ewww! Or one of the quints constantly talking about farting. They are gross. This family should be taken off tv.

I agree, the parents need to discipline and wtf why is Hazel going around knowing that her ass stinks and her first thought is to make others smell it.... She's plenty old enough to clean her own bum and if she can't clean it good enough then she needs to ask for help not run around punking people with her stinky ass.

And yes I know kids do stuff like this but you don't let them keep doing it and giggling when they do it.  🙄

The nose picking and EATING is beyond gross... That should have been stopped dead in its tracks a long time ago.... The parents seem to think that literally everything the quints do is adorable and make very little real effort to stop them.

Every time Parker acts up Adumb scoops her up and babies her....He continuously reinforces her behaviour... I can understand and sympathize with her about being scared of a horse but it's gotten to be that almost everything and everyone other than her parents scares this freaking kid.... Adumb constantly protecting her isn't giving her the opportunity to gain confidence and realize there was nothing to be scared of...... She seems to be getting worse not better because Adumb has taught her how to get out of dealing with things... Just start fussing, crying and acting up and u don't have to do it.

All of them are bad with the slapping, kicking etc..... Even little Hazel has turned into a fighter smacking, shoving.... and red faced Parker slapping and punching at Blayke was ridiculous, Adumb should have stopped the van got out and dealt with her, tell her she's not allowed to hit her sister and it better not happen again or there will be trouble!!....The fighting should have been addressed but once again the parents like to giggle about it so they let it continue plus I think they let ALL the bad behaviour continue for the show.

I haven't been able to watch the dude ranch episode because I'm getting sick of the bad behaviour with zero consequences other then the lame "time outs" where they've learned if they get up and walk away nothing is done so there's no time out for the worst offender like Riley.

Riley is smart, she's figured out that the parents are wishy-washy idiots.

Riley going to the pantry and taking food in the night and then sneaks back to the room and wouldn't share anything, just sat in her bed gobbling all the cookies like a little weirdo and slapping the others when they asked should have resulted in punishment but nope, Adumb and Daniel think it's cute cuz "RYYY RYYYY" (why do they think that's a cute nickname?) is so cute and precocious... Ya I don't think so, she's a greedy selfish brat who needs some discipline.... She obviously sucked up more than her share in the womb (poor little Hazel was probably squashed under Riley's fat ass) and she's still sucking up more than her fair share.... Maybe she'd eat her vegetables if she wasn't allowed to steal cookies and eat all night.

I'm starting to really dislike this family except Blayke,  she seems to be a sweet little girl and the quints are disgusting little monsters.... I feel sorry for her and I wish she would have smacked the hell out of Parker and given her something to cry about. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 11/14/2019 at 5:31 PM, Joan of Argh said:

I agree, the parents need to discipline and wtf why is Hazel going around knowing that her ass stinks and her first thought is to make others smell it.... She's plenty old enough to clean her own bum and if she can't clean it good enough then she needs to ask for help not run around punking people with her stinky ass.

And yes I know kids do stuff like this but you don't let them keep doing it and giggling when they do it.  🙄

The nose picking and EATING is beyond gross... That should have been stopped dead in its tracks a long time ago.... The parents seem to think that literally everything the quints do is adorable and make very little real effort to stop them.

Every time Parker acts up Adumb scoops her up and babies her....He continuously reinforces her behaviour... I can understand and sympathize with her about being scared of a horse but it's gotten to be that almost everything and everyone other than her parents scares this freaking kid.... Adumb constantly protecting her isn't giving her the opportunity to gain confidence and realize there was nothing to be scared of...... She seems to be getting worse not better because Adumb has taught her how to get out of dealing with things... Just start fussing, crying and acting up and u don't have to do it.

All of them are bad with the slapping, kicking etc..... Even little Hazel has turned into a fighter smacking, shoving.... and red faced Parker slapping and punching at Blayke was ridiculous, Adumb should have stopped the van got out and dealt with her, tell her she's not allowed to hit her sister and it better not happen again or there will be trouble!!....The fighting should have been addressed but once again the parents like to giggle about it so they let it continue plus I think they let ALL the bad behaviour continue for the show.

I haven't been able to watch the dude ranch episode because I'm getting sick of the bad behaviour with zero consequences other then the lame "time outs" where they've learned if they get up and walk away nothing is done so there's no time out for the worst offender like Riley.

Riley is smart, she's figured out that the parents are wishy-washy idiots.

Riley going to the pantry and taking food in the night and then sneaks back to the room and wouldn't share anything, just sat in her bed gobbling all the cookies like a little weirdo and slapping the others when they asked should have resulted in punishment but nope, Adumb and Daniel think it's cute cuz "RYYY RYYYY" (why do they think that's a cute nickname?) is so cute and precocious... Ya I don't think so, she's a greedy selfish brat who needs some discipline.... She obviously sucked up more than her share in the womb (poor little Hazel was probably squashed under Riley's fat ass) and she's still sucking up more than her fair share.... Maybe she'd eat her vegetables if she wasn't allowed to steal cookies and eat all night.

I'm starting to really dislike this family except Blayke,  she seems to be a sweet little girl and the quints are disgusting little monsters.... I feel sorry for her and I wish she would have smacked the hell out of Parker and given her something to cry about. 

Everything Written hear is the truth and well put. Blayke is the only decent kid out of the bunch. The rest are out of control little bitches who have a rude awakening coming their way. They are going to be fighting and bullying kids and these other kids who are not their sisters will not put u with their BS.

And I dont care what anyone out there thinks. These girls all need their asses beat. A leather belt is a good start and dont give me this BS that prisons are full of adults who were beat as kids. The Prisons are way more full of adults who had no consequenses for their actions growing up. I know a few who are sitting in state Penitentaries as I type this. 

Riley is going to have her share of black eyes if she thinks she can run the show in school and Parker needs to be dealt with. Quit carrying 4 year olds around like they are a year old. They can all walk, they dont need to be carried and coddled. As far as what Parker wants to do and doesnt want to do. She Does NOT have a say in the matter. as her Mother or Father she is to do what they tell her to do. PERIOD. How in the hell will you know if you like something or not unless you try it. Her sisters had no problem sucking it up and getting on the horses, but not Precious little Parker who has to ruin every family outing with her being too scared to experience life. If she was my kid she would be doing all kinds of stuff and if she doesnt like it then we wont make her do it again. Maybe down the road try it again, but the first time they do not have a say in the matter. The parents are not putting their kids in dangerous situations. They are there to help them if something goes wrong.

Send parker over here to Atlanta and let her jump in with my family and she will have a great time and we will send her back a Fixed, Cured, Happy kid. And not looking so intimidating and just plain Mean  

I give them another year before this show goes off the rails. Either Divorce, Domestic issues with the law(maybe Danielle attacking Adam) or someone gets a DUI or arrested for something minor. And for Gods sake can Adam quit crying. He is about to cry in every interview they do. Like my Brother wouild say. He's acting like a sniffling little Bitch and not a Man, We know who wears the Panties in that house

I want to fast forward 12 years to see what a mess these girls are at 16 years old. I hope they do work out their issues but I have a feeling that these girls are going to be fighting, Pregnant. Pill popping Dope Smoking little tramps.

That will kick off a whole new show

The Busbys: Where did it all go wrong?

• Love 5
On 11/5/2019 at 9:36 PM, babyhouseman said:

If Parker has anxiety, she's not trying to ruin the fun. It just how she reacts to the world. I was similar, and as I got older, I would've given anything not to be anxious. For all I know, she could be faking to get attention like a previous poster suggested. We don't know. But anxiety is real, and sufferers are not trying to be bratty or disruptive. 

This ^^^

I was one of those anxious kids too, and Parker breaks my heart.  At least I was born to equally anxious parents who didn't push me too far out of my comfort zone until I was ready.  I didn't get on a bicycle until I was 10, but then I got on and rode -- no training wheels.  I didn't swim till I was 11.  Sometimes kids just have to wait to do things until they are ready.  Parker already has enough problems being the anxious kid in a gung-ho family.  She seems so deeply unhappy already, and she's only four.  I'm just so sad that Adam and Danielle can't see their kids for their individual personalities, but insist that they all be exactly the same forever.

• Love 8

Being surrounded by cameras and constantly forced to perform and be stimulated in some kind of activity is only making whatever anxiety she has ten times worse. Without the circus that is the crew following her every move, would Parker come out of her shell and be more willing to speak up when addressed by an adult or try something new? I think it’s definitely possible. I also think that Adam babies and indulges her way too much and neither parent knows how to properly adhere to her needs and so they assume something is “wrong” with her because she’s not as rowdy and loud as the other girls and talk about they feel bad for her, which helps absolutely no one.

These kids have literally grown up knowing no different than TV film crews and vacays, just like the Gosselin sextuplets and are treated more like toddlers than preschoolers are very undisciplined, and because they’re still too young to speak up and voice their needs to their parents, Parker just shuts down and soaks up the attention she likely knows it will bring in a family of 8. Meanwhile Blayke, who is old enough to remember life before her sisters and the dog and pony show arrived, is all but ignored and has learnt that everything good in life revolves around the quints. I have zero respect for these fake people.

Edited by overtherainbow
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, brilliantbreakfast said:

This ^^^

I was one of those anxious kids too, and Parker breaks my heart.  At least I was born to equally anxious parents who didn't push me too far out of my comfort zone until I was ready.  I didn't get on a bicycle until I was 10, but then I got on and rode -- no training wheels.  I didn't swim till I was 11.  Sometimes kids just have to wait to do things until they are ready.  Parker already has enough problems being the anxious kid in a gung-ho family.  She seems so deeply unhappy already, and she's only four.  I'm just so sad that Adam and Danielle can't see their kids for their individual personalities, but insist that they all be exactly the same forever.

They also can’t be acting in the girls’ best interests if they’re focusing so hard on their on-camera presence and brand.  It’s really sad. 

• Love 8
On 11/16/2019 at 9:24 AM, overtherainbow said:

These kids have literally grown up knowing no different than TV film crews and vacays, just like the Gosselin sextuplets and are treated more like toddlers than preschoolers are very undisciplined, and because they’re still too young to speak up and voice their needs to their parents, Parker just shuts down and soaks up the attention she likely knows it will bring in a family of 8. Meanwhile Blayke, who is old enough to remember life before her sisters and the dog and pony show arrived, is all but ignored and has learnt that everything good in life revolves around the quints. I have zero respect for these fake people.

I can't like the bold part more than I already do.  The poor little Blayke.  And to think the only time she's taken out for a one on one day is when the cameras are there to show "look we pay attention to the other child!" 

• Love 9

The Busbys posted Thanksgiving greetings on Facebook. It’s a short video where they’re all sitting on the couch.the kids are all very animated except for Parker who is sitting at the end on Adam’s lap, not looking at the camera and barely participating.  I felt sad for her.

5 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

The Busbys posted Thanksgiving greetings on Facebook. It’s a short video where they’re all sitting on the couch.the kids are all very animated except for Parker who is sitting at the end on Adam’s lap, not looking at the camera and barely participating.  I felt sad for her.

• Love 1
On 11/13/2019 at 6:58 PM, alegtostandon said:

Just watched the dude ranch episode.  What did they do,  rent out the whole ranch?  When they were doing the western dancing,  it was just them.  I thought I saw another guest then realized it was the women they brought to babysit.   When they did Adam's birthday cake, they were in a room set up with several separate tables like a dining room but they were the only ones there.  

I am torn about the one little girl who gets nervous.  I am probably in the minority here but the way she acted regarding the horse was more like a 2 year old,  not a 4 year old.  Then Adam carrying her around like she is a toddler.  I remember being 4. I never remember my parents carrying me around like a toddler.   Just my opinion, but it was almost like  Adam created and added to her fear.  They should have asked if she wanted to ride,  once she starts crying in fear,  say "ok, you don't have to", don't try to force her.  

I really dislike these people the more I watch them.  They sat outdoors talking while everyone else took their kids in and got them ready for bed? 

Blake is a very mature little girl. The quints are spoiled brats. Acting like one year olds in a restaurant.  Crying constantly for no reason. I never carried  my kids around at age 4. They are not toddlers. Spitting out vegetables and making a scene at that age. Echhhhh !!! I would put the vegetables on their plate and if they didnt eat it would be taken away and I would cook up vegetables every single day. If they dont eat then they are not hungry. She raised them on chicken mcnuggets and mac and cheese so that's all they want. STOP BABYING THEM.

On 11/29/2019 at 2:13 PM, Joan of Argh said:

Jeez can't even see poor little Hazel... but RHYYYY RHYYYYYY is right there hogging the spotlight.  🙄

Poor little Hazel ???? Shes a belly aching crybaby spoiled brat who controls every situation.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, druzy said:

This is the happiest I have ever seen Parker. They all just got their hair trimmed and Adam said Parker asked for something different. 

Aww she looks adorable.  She got to be her own person, I'm sure it made her happy!

• Love 7

I bet that since the one sister owns the salon, and they get all of their expensive hair care free, in return for publicity, that it was arranged to have the photos used.    Don't worry, Adam will still blast the haircuts and everything to the world.    

• LOL 1
On 10/30/2019 at 5:46 PM, FreetheGirlses said:

As a NY teacher, I'm shocked.  It isn't done here. 

It is done on Long Island all the time. Parents send them to private school for a year to jump ahead & then transfer back to public the next year. People also do it to hold kids back without any stigma.

Count me in as being super annoyed each and every time Dale shows blatant favoritism towards Hazel. The girls are old enough to remember these words and actions. As someone who was the non-favorite in her family, trust me, these words and actions still sting many, many years later. The elders of this family are so clueless. 

• Love 6
On 12/23/2019 at 7:41 PM, Mrs. Landingham said:

Count me in as being super annoyed each and every time Dale shows blatant favoritism towards Hazel. The girls are old enough to remember these words and actions. As someone who was the non-favorite in her family, trust me, these words and actions still sting many, many years later. The elders of this family are so clueless. 

I was just horrified to hear them saying that three-year-old Riley annoys and defies them on purpose! Do they know nothing about basic child psychology?

• Love 4

I know it’s the easiest thing to do with multiples but I hope that by the time they turn five they’ll stop dressing them all in the same outfit, especially since they’re getting to the age that individual personalities really start forming and at some point one or more will notice and want to differentiate herself from the rest of her sisters 

• Love 5
On 12/27/2019 at 2:58 PM, justdoit10 said:

That picture is cute, especially Parker and Riley.  Parker's haircut looks great on her.

I am amazed at those who know which girl is which,  the only one I  know is Hazel because she wears the glasses! 

Happy New Year, everyone! 

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, alegtostandon said:

I am amazed at those who know which girl is which,  the only one I  know is Hazel because she wears the glasses! 

ITA - I've watched many of the shows but I have yet to put a name to a face except for Hazel!

• Love 3
On 12/31/2019 at 12:48 PM, alegtostandon said:

I can easily tell Riley, Hazel and Parker but I can't tell the twins apart.

• Love 5