Type keyword(s) to search

OutDaughtered - General Discussion

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Snark the show, not each other.  Civility matters. If a poster's posts routinely annoy you, please use the Ignore feature.  Hover over their user name and you will see a popup with an ignore option.

• Start Topic

(edited)
5 hours ago, Kymmi said:

I'm in WA and all scenarios they laid out had high school students at home for at least half time. I'm surprised by TX, considering their numbers have been on the rise for some time, but saw the Busby's out at a waterpark on insta, so TX doesn't seem very concerned.

Yes, and I'm betting that excursions like the water park, and the huge beach crowds over Memorial Day are a few reasons that Texas has a huge surge happening.     I just hope that none of them get sick with this awful disease.  

However, they will do anything to get more sponsors, and advertise them any way they can.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, camom said:

Because the goal wasn't to do the handstand; the goal was to get a picture of her doing the handstand.  

He had a tripod with him. He could have helped her and taken the picture at the same time. He also could have run back to the camera once she had her balance. 

14 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Yes, and I'm betting that excursions like the water park, and the huge beach crowds over Memorial Day are a few reasons that Texas has a huge surge happening.     I just hope that none of them get sick with this awful disease.  

However, they will do anything to get more sponsors, and advertise them any way they can.  

Outdaughtered, now brought to you by hydroxychloroquine.

• LOL 6
On 6/17/2020 at 7:15 PM, eel21788 said:

Why the hell didn't Adam put his stupid camera down and help her? If she had him hold her feet for a few seconds she would have been able to get her balance and accomplish her goal.

She wanted to do this by herself.  It was a big deal to her to be able to do it after her hysterectomy.  If Adam had helped her, she wouldn't have achieved her goal.

She needed to do this for her.

• Love 3
On 6/19/2020 at 1:32 PM, Ziggy said:

She wanted to do this by herself.  It was a big deal to her to be able to do it after her hysterectomy.  If Adam had helped her, she wouldn't have achieved her goal.

She needed to do this for her.

She wanted the picture.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, justdoit10 said:

She wanted the picture.

We’ll, yeah! Nothing wrong with that. But she did want the pride of doing it herself after surgery. Who wouldn’t?

• Love 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, Ziggy said:

We’ll, yeah! Nothing wrong with that. But she did want the pride of doing it herself after surgery. Who wouldn’t?

I guess it’s more than personal pride when you have a photo or video taken but when you also have to show it on your TV show too it becomes something else = massive ego.

Edited by endure
  • Love 11
7 hours ago, endure said:

I guess it’s more than personal pride when you have a photo or video taken but when you also have to show it on your TV show too it becomes something else = massive ego.

I don't think Danielle gets to pick and choose which scenes make the final cut.  They pay someone else to do that.

• Love 1
(edited)

Quick thoughts -

1 - If the busby's had a friend who owns property in WY - is this the first opportunity you took her up on the offer to come?  I guess the way Danielle has the travel-itch I am suprised they didn't go when they were childless, or when they just had Blayke - unless the friend brought the property recently

2 - I will they would let Mimi bring a friend (male or female) with her so she would have someone to pal around with , closer to her age.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, sATL said:

Quick thoughts -

If the busby's had a friend who owns property in WY - is this the first opportunity you took her up on the offer to come?  I guess the way Danielle has the travel-itch I am suprised they didn't go when they were childless, or when they just had Blayke - unless the friend brought the property recently

That "friend" is a TLC producer.  As I've said before this is now nothing more than The Truman Show the same way the Gosselins were before everything imploded.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, eel21788 said:

That "friend" is a TLC producer.  As I've said before this is now nothing more than The Truman Show the same way the Gosselins were before everything imploded.

I think it's worse than the Gosselins because at least they didn't also have Instagram as an outlet to project and sell their children's lives. 

• Love 11

I find it strange, that the three fathers of the multiples shows are all so pussy whipped. Seems like at least one of them might have  a stronger personality, but nope, all three...Jon, Adam, and Eric have handed their balls over to their wives. The three wives decided that they needed just one more child, and that their husbands can only work at what and when they decide is right.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, winsomeone said:

I find it strange, that the three fathers of the multiples shows are all so pussy whipped. Seems like at least one of them might have  a stronger personality, but nope, all three...Jon, Adam, and Eric have handed their balls over to their wives. The three wives decided that they needed just one more child, and that their husbands can only work at what and when they decide is right.

I don't see how this pertains to Adam. Danielle and Adam BOTH wanted another kid and for Blayke to have a sibling. They also experienced fertilty issues when TTC for both Blayke and the quints. Neither of them asked to have 4 additional kids to Blayke and her possible single sibling. It just happened. They're also living in Texas and are christians, so they are presummably against abortion and selective reduction, and from a moral standpoint I can understand the guilt and agonizing decision of selctive reduction.

Adam also got to make his own decisions, he quit his job and started his own company. Obviously he needed Danielle's support in this. He has a wife and 6 kids to provide for. Think of the health insurance, the weekly groceries, clothing, house bills, etc. for a family of 8. He can't just up and quit his job especially when his wife disagrees on something of this magnitude. However, she supported him in the end and he found his own work. Locating to Dallas for some partnership is stupid though. Danielle was right in not going through with that. Their entire support network is right their with them. It would be crazy to leave that behind. They built their life there and already planted roots. But in the end, that didn't matter the partnership made it work with the distance. 

• Love 8
(edited)

I think that the company Adam works for is in Dallas, but he only has to go there occasionally, like a few days a month.    However, like the 'partnership' in the Cycle studio, then it might be a story line anyway, and a total lie.      

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1
(edited)

Why on earth are Hazel and her sisters present for the nitty-gritties of such a tough conversation about a potential surgery?  You could see poor little Hazel swallow hard when the doctor said the word, “surgery.”  She hardly understands what surgery is; she just has hazy memories of the unpleasantness of her last surgery and she’s picking up on her parents’ anxiety.  I also don’t like the way they’re constantly asking her if she’s nervous about having another surgery.  There are better ways to handle this, but the child-appropriate way wouldn’t be quite as juicy for the cameras, would it, Busbys?

Ugh, I wish there were laws for minimum ages of children on reality TV shows.  From the entire Teen Mom franchise to the Gosselins to Honey Booboo to the Busbys, it’s just so wrong.  But anything for money, right?  As long as there’s another all-expenses-paid trip on the horizon, who cares how any of it affects the kids in the long-term?  Mommy and Daddy have a 6,000-square-foot McMansion to pay for, so smile pretty for the cameras!

Edited by Suzy Rhapsody
  • Love 24

I am disappointed that “Outdaughtered” only has four episodes this season.  I was under the impression that they filmed at least six months in advance.  I can identify the 19 Duggar and 19 Bates siblings.  However, for the life of me, I cannot tell Ava and Olivia apart.  I felt better when Crystal yelled, “Ava” and Blayke told her that was Olivia.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

Why on earth are Hazel and her sisters present for the nitty-gritties of such a tough conversation about a potential surgery?  

What was awful about the girls horning in on the tele-visit with the doctor was that the parents were upstairs and told the girls to stay there as they needed to talk to the doctor about Hazel's eyes.  I couldn't believe it when they all came down and surrounded them and were watching what the doctor said.  They should have been told to go back upstairs.  

I don't know if it was just fear of the doctor, but Hazel's inability to talk and respond to the doctor's questions must make diagnosis very difficult.  How can a doctor understand and figure out what is happening with her vision if she is unable to answer basic questions about what she is seeing.  I know much younger children have glasses and are so small that they cannot talk yet to voice what is wrong.  But by age 5  Hazel should be able to help the medical team by telling them what they need to know.  

• Love 7

I did not like when Adam snapped at Hazel for laughing during his sky is falling convo with Crystal. But I was doubly pissed when Crystal joined in and told Hazel she didn’t even know what she was laughing at.  I thought I was judging them a little harshly, so I rewound that part. Assholes. If they need to have a solemn conversation, send the kids out of the room. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

Why on earth are Hazel and her sisters present for the nitty-gritties of such a tough conversation about a potential surgery?  You could see poor little Hazel swallow hard when the doctor said the word, “surgery.”  She hardly understands what surgery is; she just has hazy memories of the unpleasantness of her last surgery and she’s picking up on her parents’ anxiety.  I also don’t like the way they’re constantly asking her if she’s nervous about having another surgery.  There are better ways to handle this, but the child-appropriate way wouldn’t be quite as juicy for the cameras, would it, Busbys?

Ugh, I wish there were laws for minimum ages of children on reality TV shows.  From the entire Teen Mom franchise to the Gosselins to Honey Booboo to the Busbys, it’s just so wrong.  But anything for money, right?  As long as there’s another all-expenses-paid trip on the horizon, who cares how any of it affects the kids in the long-term?  Mommy and Daddy have a 6,000-square-foot McMansion to pay for, so smile pretty for the cameras!

I can't imagine a Doctor even participated in this.  First of all the Doctor would tell the parents in private and then discuss with Hazel and they certainly wouldn't have kids crawling all around.  It was ridiculous.

• Love 7
(edited)
On 6/22/2020 at 11:17 PM, etta said:

I don't see how this pertains to Adam. Danielle and Adam BOTH wanted another kid and for Blayke to have a sibling. They also experienced fertilty issues when TTC for both Blayke and the quints. Neither of them asked to have 4 additional kids to Blayke and her possible single sibling. It just happened. They're also living in Texas and are christians, so they are presummably against abortion and selective reduction, and from a moral standpoint I can understand the guilt and agonizing decision of selctive reduction.

Adam also got to make his own decisions, he quit his job and started his own company. Obviously he needed Danielle's support in this. He has a wife and 6 kids to provide for. Think of the health insurance, the weekly groceries, clothing, house bills, etc. for a family of 8. He can't just up and quit his job especially when his wife disagrees on something of this magnitude. However, she supported him in the end and he found his own work. Locating to Dallas for some partnership is stupid though. Danielle was right in not going through with that. Their entire support network is right their with them. It would be crazy to leave that behind. They built their life there and already planted roots. But in the end, that didn't matter the partnership made it work with the distance. 

Last season or before I think the blog consensus was Adam and Dale was laid off. However - we see tonight that Dale somehow managed to find a job, close to what he had in the same industry.

I thought right then and there - see Adam you could have worked somewhere somehow if you wanted to.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2
(edited)
7 hours ago, justdoit10 said:

I can't imagine a Doctor even participated in this.  First of all the Doctor would tell the parents in private and then discuss with Hazel and they certainly wouldn't have kids crawling all around.  It was ridiculous.

I would give this post 1000 likes, wow-shock and lightbulb  if I could.  The doctor in no way should have made the announcement like that, in a situation like that. Actually I would have preferred if she disconnected from laptop & did a phone call, to discuss surgery.

And it was poor parenting choice to allow the sisters to be around the appointment. It showed lack of parental control Danielle and Adams part - they couldn't tell the sisters to go elsewhere for 15 min?

I was shocked.. I felt sorry for Hazel.  I'll give her a pass this time for staring at Dr into laptop. That's new and kinda weird for a 5 yr old. And its no telling how she does visually with a 15 inch screen.  Why didn't they pre-prep her for the visit like Parker? Has the fancy preschool teacher been doing tele-school -to try to get them to talk into a laptop?

Given the situation, why couldn't Mr Cameraman Adam film Hazel in various situations/exercises and let the Dr review on her own ? I also would had the teacher to write an evaluation as to what she is doing in the classroom.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 14
(edited)
8 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I am disappointed that “Outdaughtered” only has four episodes this season.  I was under the impression that they filmed at least six months in advance.  I can identify the 19 Duggar and 19 Bates siblings.  However, for the life of me, I cannot tell Ava and Olivia apart.  I felt better when Crystal yelled, “Ava” and Blayke told her that was Olivia.

For me - given what happened last night with the Dr appt , and Danielle acting like it is killing her to keep her kids entertained when she doesn't have to also tele-work, as many parents had to, OR many parents  losing income, I am glad they are pulling the season. 

I said a couple of weeks ago - after what the country has been through -still going through - I can't take Adam and Danielle's whining. So damn what if you have to get milk & TP every day due to store limits/stock? People have died, pantry food lines are miles long...Danielle preached "having/staying on a schedule" when the 5 were babies - why in the hell you can't do a schedule now?

Even Mimi had a whine -  "she called in to say her boss gave her a laptop".. you mean after all of this time selling real estate, you just now got a laptop?? You had to wait on your boss to get you one ?  Being an agent is a highly physically mobile (meaning you are on the road) position - how has she been functioning all this time without one? Only so much you can do on your phone/IPAD.

Two little glimpses of realism : 1- was when Dale came home early and explained why. He's in sales-can't make visits and/or more new sales. Loss of Income. I could see it on Kiki's face. 2- Dale finally said it-  "Danielle - we get it you have six kids". 

Have they shown the other sister  - whose hubby seems to be very realistic?

Any reason they didn't do a drive-by party for Blayke? Forgive me for saying - I think that scene was fake. If Blayke birthday is the only day she can feel its her day, and D&A finally agreed she can have her own party - a 9 yr old would have pitched a fit if it was cancelled.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 12

Yes, they've shown Nick and Ashley, but not very much.    Ashley has the hair salon to run, and Nick has a full time job, so they don't have all of the free time that the Busbys have.    Also, many were quarantining to protect their families, so smart people weren't visiting, and going on ski trips for TV shows.  

• Love 7

I wonder how many kids are going to go back to school having learned the "old school" way of doing math.  The new way seems much more complicated to me.  Do kids not memorize times tables any more?  It was interesting that when Adam taught the quints they were well behaved but they were naughty for Danielle.  

If Blayke birthday is the only day she can feel its her day, and D&A finally agreed she can have her own party - a 9 yr old would have pitched a fit if it was cancelled.

I think she was probably thinking her party would be postponed for a few weeks; a lot of us thought like that at first.  

A lot of Hazel's refusal to talk to the doctor was probably from fear.  Her parents express their anxiety about her eyes in front of her, repeatedly, so she probably thinks that anything she says could lead to surgery.  I had a child who needed numerous procedures and surgeries.  I would always talk to the doctor out of her presence and then just talk to her about it as a matter of fact.  ("I know you don't like how your leg hurts, so the doctor is going to fix it.  You'll be asleep while he does it, and afterwards you'll have a cool cast for a few weeks.")  Naturally, I was nervous whenever she needed surgery, but I wouldn't let her see it.  She never had anxiety about any of it and has always been the most cooperative patient ever.

• Love 14
(edited)

40 minutes ago, camom said:

I wonder how many kids are going to go back to school having learned the "old school" way of doing math.  The new way seems much more complicated to me.  Do kids not memorize times tables any more?  It was interesting that when Adam taught the quints they were well behaved but they were naughty for Danielle.  

Glad this point was brought up... anyone catch what was Blayke (love the sparkly nail polish) was trying to do with the boxes?  Asking for a friend who loves math.

Here is the original problem: 

image.png.42946ed177f6953b6d5ff3fcdf932b44.png

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
(edited)
31 minutes ago, sATL said:

Glad this point was brought up... anyone catch what was Blayke was trying to do with the boxes?  Asking for a friend who loves math.

Here is the original problem: 

image.png.42946ed177f6953b6d5ff3fcdf932b44.png

I use a technique similar to that In my algebra class when I teach multiplying polynomials. I couldn’t see all of her work (I tried), but it looked like she started by taking 3 x 80, so she wrote down 3-80’s. She told Danielle 160 & 100. The 160 was probably 80 + 80, but I don’t know where the 100 came from.

My students would have made a 1 x 2 table with an 8 to the left and 30 & 4 across the top. Inside the table would be the products. So, 8 x 30 = 240, and 8 x 4 = 32. Then add the boxes together:  240 + 32 = 272.

It really is the same thing as the “traditional” way. I would have taken 8 x 4 (carry the 3) moved over a space, then 8 x 3 + the 3, then added the numbers together. But it is essentially the same thing, just more visual.

The reason schools teach this “new” technique in addition to the technique most of us learned is so students will be able to have a better understanding of WHY 8 x 34 = 272. This generation, overall, will likely be much better at math than previous generations because they will focus much more on understanding why things work the way they work rather than just memorizing.

ETA - So, I just watched this again. It looks like Blayke actually said, “So I have 160, and I have ... “. The closed captioning said, “So I have 160 and 100,”  It was really bugging me that I didn’t know where the 100 came from! So glad to realize it was just a closed captioning error!

Edited by Ziggy
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, druzy said:

Does anyone know what the dots were used for in doing the math equation?

I heard Danielle say dots, but I didn’t see them? Was she talking about a different problem? It looked like there were 6 problems on that page.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

I heard Danielle say dots, but I didn’t see them? Was she talking about a different problem? It looked like there were 6 problems on that page.

I think the dots were across the top of the box.

I have always heard about the new math but never attempted to understand it. Thanks @Ziggy for your explanation. You're a great teacher!

• Love 3

My daughter used to get so frustrated when doing math - she could look at it and usually come up with the correct answer but current methods require that you show your work, and her dyslexic, ADHD brain had a lot more difficulty with that than simply coming up with the correct answer -- and if you do not "show your process" you get points off.  

• Love 6
31 minutes ago, RoxiP said:

My daughter used to get so frustrated when doing math - she could look at it and usually come up with the correct answer but current methods require that you show your work, and her dyslexic, ADHD brain had a lot more difficulty with that than simply coming up with the correct answer -- and if you do not "show your process" you get points off.  

There are definitely some students who won’t benefit. I hope your daughter has a 504 Plan and that teachers make accommodations for her. My niece has a 504 Plan, and her teachers are supposed to give her extra time or different requirements.

Just because MOST students benefit from learning the same concept in a variety of ways doesn’t mean they ALL do.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Ziggy said:

There are definitely some students who won’t benefit. I hope your daughter has a 504 Plan and that teachers make accommodations for her. My niece has a 504 Plan, and her teachers are supposed to give her extra time or different requirements.

Just because MOST students benefit from learning the same concept in a variety of ways doesn’t mean they ALL do.

My daughter is now completing her last year of college but yes, she had a 504 plan throughout her education - although sometimes getting teachers to abide by a 504 plan can be tricky.  I was very fortunate that for the most part she had great teachers and great intervention.

Our educators need to learn that not all children learn the same way, regardless of whether they have a disability, and hopefully they are learning to be more flexible, especially in the coming years where kids are going to be struggling to make up lapses in what they are taught post-Corona.

• Love 3
(edited)

My understanding of the job situation is that Nick, Adam, and Dale worked for the same company, (I don't know if Nick was the boss or the owner) and it was bought out by another company, and Nick stayed with that company.  Often, with a buyout, the extra employees are excess, and gone.   That was about the time Adam decided to quit his job, what an amazing coincidence.   Dale apparently found another equivalent job very quickly.   That was right before the Cycle studio partnership, that never existed.      

I love how the Busbys have a huge house, and have to remodel the kitchen already.     Bet it's not a penny under $50k.     I can't believe the doctors keep having on camera discussions about Hazel's eye condition.    I really hated how the rest of the girls came down to gawk at the tele-medicine appointment, and were allowed to stay.    

When I was a kid, my mother shared every detail of our lives with her friends, and that was so humiliating to me.  I'm guessing Hazel shut down because she didn't want to be on camera, and have her sisters interfering either.     That's a lot of Parker's issue in my opinion, and her anxiety is from having to perform like a trained seal any time her parents want her to.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 13
22 hours ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

I could not agree more.  I truly understand doing a reality show to feed your kids or to stash enough away for a college fund, but that's not what's going on with the Busbys.  Those girls fund a lifestyle for their parents that their parents wouldn't otherwise be able to afford.

• Love 14
16 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Yes, they've shown Nick and Ashley, but not very much.    Ashley has the hair salon to run, and Nick has a full time job, so they don't have all of the free time that the Busbys have.    Also, many were quarantining to protect their families, so smart people weren't visiting, and going on ski trips for TV shows.  

Wasn't Nick, Dales and Adam's boss at one time?  Does Dale no longer work for him?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

My understanding of the job situation is that Nick, Adam, and Dale worked for the same company, and it was bought out by another company, and Nick stayed with that company.   That was about the time Adam decided to quit his job, what an amazing coincidence.   Dale apparently found another equivalent job very quickly.   That was right before the Cycle studio partnership, that never existed.      

I love how the Busbys have a huge house, and have to remodel the kitchen already.     Bet it's not a penny under $50k.     I can't believe the doctors keep having on camera discussions about Hazel's eye condition.    I really hated how the rest of the girls came down to gawk at the tele-medicine appointment, and were allowed to stay.    

When I was a kid, my mother shared every detail of our lives with her friends, and that was so humiliating to me.  I'm guessing Hazel shut down because she didn't want to be on camera, and have her sisters interfering either.     That's a lot of Parker's issue in my opinion, and her anxiety is from having to perform like a trained seal any time her parents want her to.  

Didn't know that about Nick and Dale's job.  Thought Nick was still the boss..  Any self respecting Doctor would have asked for the room to be cleared and put Hazel more at ease by first asking her general questions.  They wouldn't have blurted out surgery.  I found it to be totally unrealistic.

• Love 5
17 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Also, many were quarantining to protect their families, so smart people weren't visiting, and going on ski trips for TV shows.  

The quarantine started while they were on vacation.

• Love 4

Whoever came up with the sobriquet, Adumb, should receive an 🥇 award.

It  IS  an apt description of the grown-azz -BabyTalker. CanNOT abide him.

Those Busbys sure can whine and whine and whine and ... They ought to be expressing everlasting thanks and appreciation for living   The Good Life  without having to put forth much effort.

Danielle’s sister...hmmm. Well, let’s just say nothing, shall we.

Hazel and Ava have gorgeous hair.

i don’t think Parker’s Problem(s) is/are  The Cameras

• Love 4

I cannot stand it when Danielle acts like a spoiled brat.  That negative side of her personality came out so many times during this episode.  Not an attractive look, Danielle. 

Cannot believe they’re already remodeling the kitchen.  They must have a lot of disposable income (“swipe up” money) or just added thousands to their debt.  

• Love 5

I understood exactly how and when we were hearing about Covid and how things so suddenly ramped up, it was right at or just before spring break.  And we have all heard the stories about homeschooling and the toilet paper shortages, food restrictions etc so their reactions were pretty typical, or similar to most to this new world.

What I had a hard time with was especially Danielle acting so overwhelmed and frustrated - like an extra set of quints or something suddenly landed in her care. And as far as homeschooling them they are only in preschool they’re not even kindergarten level yet so big deal.....carry on Busbys.

The other issue was the ongoing focus on Hazel eyes and surgery and how they are dealing with It on their show......this episode showed them at their worst.

I missed any comment about the kitchen remodel but it doesn’t surprise me at all.

Another thing that has been coming up is how the girls are often making these smarmy comments like I’m the best skier, or I’m the smartest......but maybe that’s something multiples do.  For the most part they seem like maybe they get along fairly well.

Does Adam work outside the home?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, endure said:

I understood exactly how and when we were hearing about Covid and how things so suddenly ramped up, it was right at or just before spring break.  And we have all heard the stories about homeschooling and the toilet paper shortages, food restrictions etc so their reactions were pretty typical, or similar to most to this new world.

What I had a hard time with was especially Danielle acting so overwhelmed and frustrated - like an extra set of quints or something suddenly landed in her care. And as far as homeschooling them they are only in preschool they’re not even kindergarten level yet so big deal.....carry on Busbys.

The other issue was the ongoing focus on Hazel eyes and surgery and how they are dealing with It on their show......this episode showed them at their worst.

I missed any comment about the kitchen remodel but it doesn’t surprise me at all.

Another thing that has been coming up is how the girls are often making these smarmy comments like I’m the best skier, or I’m the smartest......but maybe that’s something multiples do.  For the most part they seem like maybe they get along fairly well.

Yeah, Danielle can miss me with her shock over having 6 kids.  While I think she loves her kids, I don't think she wants to be bothered with actually having to actively parent them.  There are so many opportunities to show your children love and to teach them about your values and life just in the simple, everyday tasks of living. But, you've got to be willing to put in that time day in and day out.

And, if the previews are any indication, they decided to terrorize the girls again with the Easter bunny.  Why anyone thinks it's nice to deliberately terrorize children for a laugh is beyond me.  

I usually believe that there are a million ways to raise a child and most of them are right.  In the Busbys' case, I think they're assholes who, unfortunately, are too lazy and uninterested in their children beyond how much they can earn from them, to rise to the challenge.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, readheaded said:

While I think she loves her kids, I don't think she wants to be bothered with actually having to actively parent them. 

This is so perfectly accurate.  And this is being revealed about a whole lot of parents right now in addition to the Busbys. 

They had two extra kids home with them during the day.  It shouldn't have been that big of a deal for two people who didn't work outside the home before the quarantine and had four of the six during the day some of the week anyway.

If they were smart, considering the current situation in Texas, in particular the area they live in, Adam and Danielle should be preparing for the very likelihood that they school isn't going to be what it's been before in the Fall.  They probably aren't going to be sending their six little ducks all in matching outfits off to school five days a week, eight hours a day. 

But they aren't that smart.  And considering all the camping trips, waterparks, beach trips, date nights, etc. as soon as they were allowed, this whole thing has seemed to be only a minor inconvenience to them.  A minor blip on their radar.  They are going to be shocked, just SHOCKED, when they realize they may be homeschooling for bit more come the fall, depending on how their public schools open. 

Danielle might be more upset that they can't use that new mudroom like she wanted.

• Love 10
7 hours ago, druzy said:

It's on their Instagram.

Thanks I went to Instagram i did see one photo where two of the girls were sitting on the floor hammering a wall and Danielle responded to someone that they are doing the  kitchen.  Wow I was shocked how many insta accounts they have, there must have been a half dozen or so! But there didn’t seem to be a lot of followers but of course I didn’t check them all out.  It seemed like a lot of followers were in Brazil.  I didn’t read any neg comments so they must delete them when they show up.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, endure said:

Not really.   He used to work for brother-in-law Nick, and with Dale.   Then he left or was excess when the company merged or was bought by another company, this was about the time of the Cycle studio 'partnership' that apparently wasn't (from what I read, they just promoted the studio, but never were owners).      The he claimed to be working for the company in Dallas, but only goes there a few days a month.     However, he does a lot of work for the companies that they have as sponsors (clothes and other items) featuring the girls.   I'm betting the local trips to attractions are probably sponsored too.  

• Love 4

I went back to their Instagram they have at least 20 accounts and most of the ones that I stopped at seemed to have a lot of recent entries, just seems a littled contrived to me.  Another thing I noticed was at the bottom of the page where there’s a little blurb.....’liked by whoever and 230 others’ Every time I happened to look the person who liked it was one of their own, that’s handy 🤔 Either they just can’t get enough of themselves or they’re over promoting.  It’s kind of sad to me when your family becomes your business. 

• Love 1

20 Instagram accounts? I only see the main one (itsabuzzworld) and then individual accounts for Adam and Danielle. There are a lot of fan-run accounts, some focused on the individual girls, which I sure wouldn't like if they were my daughters. But I don't think the family has anything to do with those accounts. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, freebie said:

20 Instagram accounts? I only see the main one (itsabuzzworld) and then individual accounts for Adam and Danielle. There are a lot of fan-run accounts, some focused on the individual girls, which I sure wouldn't like if they were my daughters. But I don't think the family has anything to do with those accounts. 

That's one very good reason not to expose your children to the world every waking second.  Probably some creepy people involved with or following some of those accounts.  The Jones family from "Quints by Surprise" are a juxtaposition to the Busby family.  They did a couple of seasons that didn't include personal potty training details or allowing their kids to scream, cry, and fight until school age, and have since given occasional updates on social media.  Of course, the Jones dad did the hard work to be able to earn enough of a living that they don't need to sell their children's privacy.

• Love 7