Type keyword(s) to search

OutDaughtered - General Discussion

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Snark the show, not each other.  Civility matters. If a poster's posts routinely annoy you, please use the Ignore feature.  Hover over their user name and you will see a popup with an ignore option.

• Start Topic

On 8/27/2023 at 12:10 AM, eel2178 said:

Does anyone know if Danielle had a boob job?

I'm just wondering if her mystery autoimmune disease could have anything to do with a reaction to implants particularly if they're silicone.

Indeed she did.  At least once.  Meaning, I don't know if she's had larger implants inserted since the original.

However, isn't this autoimmune disease diagnosis possibly just something the doctors came up with when they couldn't find anything else wrong with her and she kept showing up at their offices for filming?  Is there an actual lab test that proves one has autoimmune disease, or is it a diagnosis of exclusion with the symptoms basically self-reported?

I ask in all sincerity because, at least with Danielle, it seems to wax and wane based on the amount of fun she's having at the moment; she admitted as much during her drinking and dancing Dallas girls getaway

Can they focus less on Hazel's eyes (which seem to have stabilized) and more on her speech?  All the girls use the baby-voice, but I notice she doesn't even pronounce all the parts of words.  Is her hearing okay?

It's so obvious this "marital strife" is cooked up when Adam sits back with a whatever and a smirk; please!

Edited by Dibs
  • Like 4
22 hours ago, Dibs said:

isn't this autoimmune disease diagnosis possibly just something the doctors came up with when they couldn't find anything else wrong with her and she kept showing up at their offices for filming? 

The only way to know for sure would be to have her implants removed and see if she stops complaining about her "symptoms" (real or imaginary).

22 hours ago, Dibs said:

IIs there an actual lab test that proves one has autoimmune disease, or is it a diagnosis of exclusion with the symptoms basically self-reported?

That depends on the disease. Some autoimmune diseases have specific tests that would determine yes or no definitively (MRI for multiple sclerosis or biopsy of the small intestine for celiac-sprue). Others rely on more general testing such as results that would indicate some type of inflammation or elevation of antibodies (CBC, C-reactive protein or erythrocyte sedimentation rate indicates inflammation somewhere in the body that may or may not be due to an autoimmune disease or an elevated antinuclear antibody can indicate at least half a dozen different autoimmune diseases but which one it is would be narrowed down by the type of symptoms). Then there are others that don't have abnormalities that will show up with current medical science and are labeled based solely on symptoms.

Edited by eel2178
  • Like 5
13 hours ago, TipseyGirl said:

Adam looked like an absolute tool in his cowboy getup.

*lol*Indeed he did! First he was posing in that ridiculously huge fluffy bathrobe, showing off his chest, now that cowboy outfit. I suspect he had seen "Barbie" and sees himself as Ken now ;-)

• LOL 7
On 8/29/2023 at 8:13 PM, JeanJean said:

Major pet peeve: When did people start saying "whenever"  instead of "when"? (Or should I say,  whenever did people start...)

"Eversense" the popularity of reality TV, influencers and social media. Whenever I hear "ever since", it puts my teeth on edge. There are a few other phrases or mispronunciations that are equally as irritating. I don't know if they do it trying to be cutesy, trendy, or relatable. 

On 8/30/2023 at 2:40 AM, SDVegas said:

Do we really have to see the saga of Hazel learning (or should I say NOT learning) how to ride a bike - every single week? Can’t wait for the season finale which I can’t imagine will be anything other than - Hazel has finally learned to ride a bike. 

Yeesh

Why did he NOT put the damn training wheels on the bike to begin with? What kid learns to ride a bike without training wheels?

• Like 4
On 8/30/2023 at 11:58 AM, eel2178 said:

The only way to know for sure would be to have her implants removed and see if she stops complaining about her "symptoms" (real or imaginary).

That depends on the disease. Some autoimmune diseases have specific tests that would determine yes or no definitively (MRI for multiple sclerosis or biopsy of the small intestine for celiac-sprue). Others rely on more general testing such as results that would indicate some type of inflammation or elevation of antibodies (CBC, C-reactive protein or erythrocyte sedimentation rate indicates inflammation somewhere in the body that may or may not be due to an autoimmune disease or an elevated antinuclear antibody can indicate at least half a dozen different autoimmune diseases but which one it is would be narrowed down by the type of symptoms). Then there are others that don't have abnormalities that will show up with current medical science and are labeled based solely on symptoms.

It is often assumed MS is autoimmune but to my knowledge it is not proven.  And I’ve often wondered why autoimmune is suggested for Danielle when she doesn’t appear to have any diagnosis.  I’m not in any way suggesting she doesn’t have something going on but it seems odd they don’t say more about her current testing etc.

• Like 3
On 8/23/2023 at 12:17 PM, gerry said:

A Brit here, but with family/friends dotted around North America so I spend a lot of time "across the pond". I've spent so much of my time trying to teach grandchildren and nieces and nephews to say please and thank you and my d-i-l (who is Canadian) readily admits that if it weren't for me & my son - who was raised in the UK - their children would never say please and thank you as much as they do - it's the perception here that you rarely get a please or thank you from Americans. Good to know there's a lot of you who do teach their kids good manners - maybe we focus too much on those who don't say it rather than those who do!

My native Texan daughter says please and thank you and also yes ma'am and no ma'am (and of course yes sir and no sir).  I used to get so angry when an adult would tell her she didn't have to say yes ma'am (sir) when I would correct her when she didn't.  And I suspect her child (she is 23 weeks pregnant) will be raised the same way.  Funny thing - she loves the fact that she has good manners and is considered a very respectful young woman (her husband works in a church and it is truly appreciated).  She will probably clean up on baby presents...LOL!

• Like 4

I am just now watching season 9 and they are nearly 8 and still constantly do the "baby talk" and when they took hazel to the eye DR Adam is carrying her like she is 3 yrs old still. The whining baby voices drive me nuts!!!

• Like 2