Type keyword(s) to search

OutDaughtered - General Discussion

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Snark the show, not each other.  Civility matters. If a poster's posts routinely annoy you, please use the Ignore feature.  Hover over their user name and you will see a popup with an ignore option.

• Start Topic

i actually feel a bit bad for Danielle saying that with her autoimmune issue she has put on 20lbs, and cannot exercise like she used to.  i have struggled with weight and put on the Covid 19 and cant seem to lose it.  If I was on TV and was doing handstands, and was very fit looking, and then now I was to be back on TV with the added weight, I would feel embarassed, even if it was because of medical reasons (this is just me).  I think that Adam is likely the one that has forced the issue of filming again.  

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

That episode was all sorts of cringe. 

Way too overproduced. 
Way too fake.

Kids way too wild (what a disgusting breakfast scene!).

Parents way too checked out and showed no emotion throughout the whole episode. 
Adam way too bulked up and likely spends tons of time away from his family and in the gym (ok I don’t really blame him for that).

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

This pains me to say as I had enjoyed this show previously but Danielle is giving me Kate Gosselin vibes with her mean put downs and need for control.    Adam is giving me Jon Gosselin vibes with his checked out demeanor and inability to do anything right in Danielle's eyes. 

• Like 16
(edited)

Danielle, welcome to parenthood. Every  parent I know struggles with work/family balance. It's really hard for me to like you at all when you live in a McMansion, have a vanity job, have  extended family support, and allegedly a hidden nanny/housekeeper. With all of these TLC shows, I want to go back to when you were poor and sleep deprived and the plot lines weren't so contrived. I'm out, and from the looks of the traffic here, only a few of us are left standing, er watching. 

Edited by BAForever
Clarity
  • Like 11
  • Applause 2
6 hours ago, BAForever said:

Danielle, welcome to parenthood. Every  parent I know struggles with work/family balance. It's really hard for me to like you at all when you live in a McMansion, have a vanity job, have  extended family support, and allegedly a hidden nanny/housekeeper. With all of these TLC shows, I want to go back to when you were poor and sleep deprived and the plot lines weren't so contrived. I'm out, and from the looks of the traffic here, only a few of us are left standing, er watching. 

I agree. They have become very boring. The further Adam's hairline recedes, the higher he fluffs his hair. It's starting to rival Conan O'Brien's hair. Instead of a comb-over he has a comb-up.

• Like 2
  • LOL 8

Honestly I'm not really watching this closely, it gets recorded and I half ass watch.  I haven't seen Mimi anywhere yet but may have missed a scene with her.... has anyone spotted her?

This couple is so tiresome complaining about nothing.  I'm sure every young family has the same kind of complaints - they should watch back some episodes and maybe get some counselling.  If my husband criticized me like Adam was, especially on TV, I would be horrified. It seems he only tolerates Hazel.

Maybe they need a vacation! 🙃

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
(edited)

I think since Hazel and her eye problems are a major storyline, then she gets featured more often.   Everything is about the filming, and keeping money coming in. 

I object to a parent telling their kid to 'strut your stuff' for the fashion show. Is it just me, or is that the wrong message to send a little kid? 

So, from the latest commercial, the kids are in dance, and when Ava doesn't want to perform and starts crying, the parents are pushing her?   Since at least one of the group has bad anxiety, and they were consulting a psychologist about it, that should never have happened.  They were told if a kid didn't want to be on camera, or perform on stage, not to push them to it.   I'm suspecting someday we'll get a really interesting tell-all from at least one of the little ones. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 8
  • Applause 2
14 hours ago, endure said:

Honestly I'm not really watching this closely, it gets recorded and I half ass watch.  I haven't seen Mimi anywhere yet but may have missed a scene with her.... has anyone spotted her?

I think that they decided MiMi's DUI wasn't a good look.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I think since Hazel and her eye problems are a major storyline, then she gets featured more often.   Everything is about the filming, and keeping money coming in. 

I object to a parent telling their kid to 'strut your stuff' for the fashion show. 

Not just you, crazyinalabama. Parents of young children (especially girls) need to be careful of possible messages that seem innocent, but may not be. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 3

Danielle is still a chronic complainer.  Adam is clearly in this for the money.

The kids, while still a bit innocent, aren’t noteworthy.

I’m no longer interested in this family and will not continue to watch the show although, of course, I sincerely wish them well.  

• Like 9

OK, I have watched this on and off, but haven't watched any of this season, but I have a question.  I tried to watch Adam and Danielle's 30 minute video supposedly explaining why they started the show up again and honestly I had to keep fast forwarding because I couldn't stand Danielle's droning and constantly saying uhm all the time.  But what I gathered was that they think God told them to do the show because it was bringing people to Jesus.  How exactly is that happening?  They don't do anything except complain and go on vacation, so I don't see how this is some great advertisement for being a Christian.  I think the real reason they started up the show again was because the sponsorships were starting to slow down and these two might actually have to work to support their extravagant lifestyle.  I do think there is a tell-all in the future from one of the kids.

• Like 7
  • Mind Blown 1
3 hours ago, Meow Mix said:

OK, I have watched this on and off, but haven't watched any of this season, but I have a question.  I tried to watch Adam and Danielle's 30 minute video supposedly explaining why they started the show up again and honestly I had to keep fast forwarding because I couldn't stand Danielle's droning and constantly saying uhm all the time.  But what I gathered was that they think God told them to do the show because it was bringing people to Jesus.  How exactly is that happening?  They don't do anything except complain and go on vacation, so I don't see how this is some great advertisement for being a Christian.  I think the real reason they started up the show again was because the sponsorships were starting to slow down and these two might actually have to work to support their extravagant lifestyle.  I do think there is a tell-all in the future from one of the kids.

I've watched a couple episodes so far this season. Instead of "uhm" it's "like" every other freaking word when they are talking. As for it "bringing people to Jesus", if it means making people take the name in vain.....It worked on me. 

I don't think this show should be on. The kids are old enough now that they're just acting. I can't stand the baby talk or using baby voices and trying to be cutesy.  None of it is real anyway, but it's the overacting same as it is on every other reality show.

• Like 8
On 7/23/2023 at 11:01 AM, Meow Mix said:

I do think there is a tell-all in the future from one of the kids.

I'm expecting Blake to leave home as soon as humanly possible and talk about how her parents ruined her life by selling the whole family to the circus.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
(edited)

So this week we get "the girls' first recital". Didn't they take dance lessons/have a recital already? 

And one of them has anxiety; didn't one of them already have that?  

And can we please stop calling normal "being nervous about doing something new" a clinical condition?  Especially in children.

Edited by Quof
  • Like 9
  • Applause 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, Quof said:

And can we please stop calling normal "being nervous about doing something new" a clinical condition?  Especially in children.

This. Yes!

This seems to be stage fright, which is very common. Seasoned performers get it. Laurence Olivier threw up before going onstage - and he wanted to perform. Not everyone wants to be center stage.

Edited by JeanJean
  • Like 10
(edited)

I like the family but at this point the show is so  boring. They should just do a special in five years and again five years after that, if at all.

Edited by JeanJean
typo
  • Like 9
  • Applause 3

How many more episodes to go?  I dislike this show. When i land on TLC and it’s on, I change the channel.  This and the Derico show are unwatchable for me.  I’ll be glad when it’s wrapped up for the season.  

• Like 8

I never really watched this show until recently due to Big Brother starting really late in the summer. I take it that Danielle has always been a complainer and whiner huh? The girls are cute but why do they talk like they are 4 years old as opposed to 7? Did you'll know they have a brick-and-mortar store? ☺️

• Like 9
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I never really watched this show until recently due to Big Brother starting really late in the summer. I take it that Danielle has always been a complainer and whiner huh? The girls are cute but why do they talk like they are 4 years old as opposed to 7? Did you'll know they have a brick-and-mortar store? ☺️

Brick-and-mortar, you say? Huh, didn't realize they had a brick-and -mortar store. Maybe they should mention they now have a brick-and-mortar store. In case others didn't know they have a brick-and -mortar store.

P.S. Adam, you need to step your game up on "leg days." It's clear you only work on you upper body with those chicken legs.

• Like 4
  • LOL 10
1 hour ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

The girls are cute but why do they talk like they are 4 years old as opposed to 7?

Because they're reading from cue cards (and they aren't old enough to read fluidly), or parroting lines being fed to them. How many takes do you think they do in order for each of them, especially Hazel, to recite their lines? 

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
On 7/23/2023 at 1:51 PM, Lurk said:

I've watched a couple episodes so far this season. Instead of "uhm" it's "like" every other freaking word when they are talking. As for it "bringing people to Jesus", if it means making people take the name in vain.....It worked on me. 

I don't think this show should be on. The kids are old enough now that they're just acting. I can't stand the baby talk or using baby voices and trying to be cutesy.  None of it is real anyway, but it's the overacting same as it is on every other reality show.

Yep I agree the show is boring and it's just so repetitive, they are always complaining about their life, Danielle especially is so glum, maybe depression? The kids should be speaking much better and I find it annoying how they constantly label their kids, it's not fair to them at all.  And I'm sure the kids probably watch the show, as well as their teachers and friends.

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
On 7/26/2023 at 6:34 AM, TipseyGirl said:

Maybe they need to rename this, "The Hazel Show."

I actually feel bad for Hazel, she has a few issues in a very competitive family with so many sisters the same age.  She was kind of lost in the little dance routine but she is also a lot smaller than the other girls so hopefully just a late developer, she really seems like a sweet kid.  I do think by giving her so much attention just makes her stand out more.

• Like 11
On 7/20/2023 at 1:07 PM, tinderbox said:

Danielle is still a chronic complainer.  Adam is clearly in this for the money.

The kids, while still a bit innocent, aren’t noteworthy.

I’m no longer interested in this family and will not continue to watch the show although, of course, I sincerely wish them well.  

THIS x 1000!

• Like 7

I have a million and one complaints about the parenting in this family, but encouraging kids to keep going through whatever is causing them anxiety is the right move IMHO. When Ava was crying before the recital, she got hugs from the other little dancers, but when the time came she went on stage and did it. Kids can do scary things.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
On 7/31/2023 at 11:47 AM, IvySpice said:

I have a million and one complaints about the parenting in this family, but encouraging kids to keep going through whatever is causing them anxiety is the right move IMHO. When Ava was crying before the recital, she got hugs from the other little dancers, but when the time came she went on stage and did it. Kids can do scary things.

I rhink it depends on what the thing is. Ava enjoys dancing but was having normal stage fright. But if a kid hates playing football, why make them do it? Things  necessary for school are a different matter.

We adults are allowed preferences; why shouldn't they be? Learning to choose is an important skill, too. I  guess it's a fine line.

Edited by JeanJean
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1
8 hours ago, endure said:

OMG did I fall asleep and miss it?….. who did they get to babysit?

Blayke and several tween cousins. It was a shitshow for the cameras. Was folding clothes and packing, so it was on for background noise. I did manage to hear "brick and mortar" once though. 

• Applause 1
  • LOL 6

I was dozing and only half heard, but the whole scripted "bedroom routine" was ridiculous. They've always done this, just setting themselves up for failure. Remember one of the many trips to NYC when then quints were at least 2, but all needed heated milk and white noise machines in order to go to sleep?

"Pick out your outfits for tomorrow".  Was this (fake) birthday dinner on a weeknight? Why?

• Like 3
2 hours ago, sATL said:

Has there been a recent season, with new shows?  My DVR didn't pick it up. I thought the show was cancelled

Yes, the show started up again. I *think* last night was the third episode. You haven't missed much.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

Did they ever explain why they took a long break? Cause it couldn't have just been COVID, they were filming a bit during COVID and you can see in like the "beach vacation" special that aired at the start of the season that they were filming a bit during COVID too (everyone in masks). To see them going from like trying to figure out if Riley would be fine starting real school while the others were in pre-k and Danielle having a mystery health issue to all of a sudden all of the kids are established in school and there's a brick and mortar store and "well Danielle has a health issue but we haven't figured it out so oh well" was kinda wild.

• LOL 1

In Summer of 2020, they were remodeling the kitchen, doing something with a staircase, and were at the beach for at least two weeks filming.  They then took the family RV trip for at least another week.     They've filmed a lot. 

I hate that to be a favored kid in their family means you have to do what the parents demand, appear in fashion shows, dance recitals, and have every part of your life on camera 24/7.  They film the kids for the show, commercials, and other sponsored money-making activities.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 3

were they really "home alone" if the camera crew was there ?    The plan to have the teens and tweens "watch" the younger ones was never in danger.   Danielle was probably mostly worried about the mess if anything.   The whole thing was set up. 

I do feel for her health, but the same convos keep taking place.   

probably the only real thing to happen was the soccer ball going on the fence. Or do you all think he kicked it there on purpose?

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
On 7/31/2023 at 10:47 AM, IvySpice said:

I don't have kids, but I know how you handle dogs. You train and give them positive reinforcement for the behaviors you want them to learn/keep. If you have a dog with separation anxiety or storm anxiety or something like that, you DON'T make a fuss about it and baby them. You redirect their attention, get them focused back to a task. I think that sort of training works for kids too.

I agree with you that kids can do scary things and the support of the other dancers is what she needed to go out and perform. The hand-wringing and "Oh no if she cries everyone cries omg what are we going to dooooooooo?" just feeds into the anxiety and reinforces that as the behavior you want. Or.... Dog-mom it and slap her in a thundershirt and throw her out on stage. lol

• Like 5
  • Wink 1
32 minutes ago, Lurk said:

I don't have kids, but I know how you handle dogs. You train and give them positive reinforcement for the behaviors you want them to learn/keep. If you have a dog with separation anxiety or storm anxiety or something like that, you DON'T make a fuss about it and baby them. You redirect their attention, get them focused back to a task. I think that sort of training works for kids too.

I agree with you that kids can do scary things and the support of the other dancers is what she needed to go out and perform. The hand-wringing and "Oh no if she cries everyone cries omg what are we going to dooooooooo?" just feeds into the anxiety and reinforces that as the behavior you want. Or.... Dog-mom it and slap her in a thundershirt and throw her out on stage. lol

A good thing to do with performer kids is to discuss stage fright with them some time before showtime. Tell them it's normal if they get it, that even famous adult actors and musicians get it, and that it eases up the more often you perform. And that mistakes happen and things go wrong in live performance often, and learning how to handle them is part of it. (I used to tell my theater kids that while you don't want to make mistakes on purpose, some very creative things can come out of them.)

Edited by JeanJean
  • Like 5
20 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I hate that to be a favored kid in their family means you have to do what the parents demand, appear in fashion shows, dance recitals, and have every part of your life on camera 24/7. 

I can't believe I'm defending these parents, but one little ray of light is that they do seem to let the kids pick some of their activities. For show purposes, it would be much better to have five little ballerinas rather than four. But Riley wanted to do soccer instead of dance, so they didn't make her do dance.

This was either not a very rigorous dancing school, or this ensemble is for the remedial 7-year-olds. I've seen 7-year-old groups do WAY better than what we saw. That was kindergarten level at best. I'm glad they're learning to confront stage fright, because they sure aren't learning to dance.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1

Danielle said and with a straight face ~ 'I am trying to be more joy in the moment'

She did seem a happier person in Dallas but we act different around friends than family I guess.

The kids dyed their hair during the week she was away but other than when they did it all the other scenes their hair wasn't coloured.  Although Adam said they would be washing it that night, not sure it would all wash out that easy?

Puppy dog eyes was cute 🩷

• Like 2

Mrs. Floating Bison watches this show, so I'm here to hate watch it.   Those kids are the definition of torture to me.  Being in an environment where everything is geared toward the whims of children would drive me up the wall.

• Like 4
  • Hugs 1

My opinion is the parents will sacrifice any privacy, or personal space for the daughters to get them filmed for TLC money, and always are filming and exploiting their kids for advertiser dollars.   Neither parent works, except some MLM stuff, and the clothing store, and I bet that was financed from income from exploiting their children. 

• Like 6

It’s sad, but I’d almost rather see the TLC special about the couple that drinks their own urine:(    It’s terrible, but not as annoying as this show, imo.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • LOL 10
16 hours ago, endure said:

As soon as Danielle got back from Dallas she was miserable to Adam. Even when she is being somewhat nicer to him she challenges everything he says.

Does anyone have the score sheet that tallies how many marriages have gone down the tubes while filming for TLC?

I'm taking bets that these two can be added to the list within the next two to three years.

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 1