Type keyword(s) to search

OutDaughtered - General Discussion

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Snark the show, not each other.  Civility matters. If a poster's posts routinely annoy you, please use the Ignore feature.  Hover over their user name and you will see a popup with an ignore option.

• Start Topic

On 8/9/2023 at 1:26 PM, Quof said:

Well, all of the Duggars are still married. Including the one in jail (who just lost his appeal, FYI). 

However, the Duggars have been drinking the kool-aid since birth.

How many marriages self-destructed for people who were reasonably normal before becoming affiliated with TLC?

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
On 8/9/2023 at 11:46 AM, eel2178 said:

Does anyone have the score sheet that tallies how many marriages have gone down the tubes while filming for TLC?

I'm taking bets that these two can be added to the list within the next two to three years.

I agree but if they were smarter they would stop doing this and work on their marriage and family, selling your soul to a reality show def doesn’t bode well, there’s a lot to lose.

On 8/9/2023 at 12:26 PM, Quof said:

Well, all of the Duggars are still married. Including the one in jail (who just lost his appeal, FYI). 

Something makes me think the Duggars would maybe die before they would ever divorce.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

Yes, the 'brick and mortar store', Grayson Bee, that is was financed by shilling their kids out, and is mostly online too. The storyline is that it's too much for Danielle to cope with.   Personally, I never had a burning need for a Yeti cup that matches my wardrobe. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 1
  • LOL 8
21 hours ago, Quof said:

Isn't that a chicken-and-egg analysis? One might argue (reasonably) normal people don't sell their family's privacy to begin with. 

True, but having 5 babies all at once might make normal people do unreasonable things. Some are smart enough to quit while they're ahead, others not so much.

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, readheaded said:

True, but having 5 babies all at once might make normal people do unreasonable things. Some are smart enough to quit while they're ahead, others not so much.

This. Just the money they would have otherwise owed on the NICU bills might financially ruin anyone  for life.

Edited by JeanJean
  • Like 2

Depending on their health insurance, the hospital system and state aid available, the bills could have been covered by a combination of some of those sources.  My insurance has a lifetime cap on what I have to pay, and they might have that also.       Also, they got a lot of donations at the beginning, including that big van.   Their biggest bills are probably the everyday household bills, food, etc must be huge.       In a lot of states, there are resources given to parents of medically challenged kids, like the premature quints.   The family had lots of volunteer helpers from their church too.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 5

This weeks episode is going to focus on a spa day for Danielle from the girls?? on the other one a week or two ago was about Blayke and the cousins babysitting the quints? I really think they’re scraping the bottom of the barrel for content. I’m sure many think that has been the case for a long time. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 5
On 8/10/2023 at 5:22 PM, endure said:

selling your soul to a reality show def doesn’t bode well, there’s a lot to lose.

I keep seeing commercials for Sister Wives.

Does Cody Brown have any wives left?

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
On 8/12/2023 at 8:27 PM, edie3 said:

Watching NFL, and I just realized who Adam reminds me of. The head coach for LA Rams,  Sean McVay.

totally thought the same thing!

19 hours ago, eel2178 said:

one - robin.   its a mess.  nowhere i want to be, thats for sur!!!

• Like 3
On 8/11/2023 at 2:10 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

Depending on their health insurance, the hospital system and state aid available, the bills could have been covered by a combination of some of those sources.  My insurance has a lifetime cap on what I have to pay, and they might have that also.       Also, they got a lot of donations at the beginning, including that big van.   Their biggest bills are probably the everyday household bills, food, etc must be huge.       In a lot of states, there are resources given to parents of medically challenged kids, like the premature quints.   The family had lots of volunteer helpers from their church too.    

I don't think that the quints would qualify as "medically challenged" anymore though - they seem to be free of any serious health issues. So now they are basically just paying for 6 kids. The daycare costs alone, even now that they are in real school, would be enough to bankrupt most couples in one way or the other - either trying to pay the costs for all those kids or the loss of income in one of them having to stay home. Unless you are rich, supporting 6 kids even if they are totally healthy is just not feasible for most people. Which is why most don't do anything that would result in 5 babies at once. I don't imagine that many marriages survive the addition of 5 new babies and the strain of raising said babies either. Also, can you imagine the property tax on that house in addition to the utilities, food and clothing bills?

• Like 5

Really Adam, you take your wife on a birthday date where she cooks the meal, that's just crazy 😟

Also Adam describing that dark time in his life (when he had a job?) when he was at the driving range, he got absolutely no support from the other guys who probably all hold down regular full-time jobs.

• Sad 2
On 8/14/2023 at 5:55 PM, eel2178 said:

I saw the commercial too, it seemed very staged to me, guess they are desperately trying to hang on with TLC?  I think Kody only has Robyn now and not sure how well they are faring... I read something about them moving into Mari's B&B in Utah???

• Like 2
On 8/14/2023 at 3:28 AM, seasons said:

I really think they’re scraping the bottom of the barrel for content. I’m sure many think that has been the case for a long time. 

Babies change so much month to month that it was really interesting  watching 5 of them simulaneously do it in one household -- and to watch their parents handle it.  The age they're at now doesn't involve such rapid change, and the kids require more privacy.  Blayke's on the cusp of teenagehood, when kids typically want more privacy and their most important relatiionships are with friends.  I still think going forward they should just do a catch-up special every few years.

Edited by JeanJean
  • Like 8

Why oh why do they continue to stand and sit on the kitchen counters? So disgusting. 

I didn’t hear one please or thank you at the ice cream shop. Stellar kid raising going on in this family. 

The one-on-one with Blayke and Hazel was sweet, even if it was totally set up. 

• Like 7
2 hours ago, SDVegas said:

I didn’t hear one please or thank you at the ice cream shop

I commented on the same thing when Adam took Blayke on their special "date" to the playground and ice cream stand, what, 5 years ago?  Never change, Busbys. 

• Like 4

Adam and Danielle are slowly turning into Jon and Kate towards the end of their relationship. Danielle just seems so annoyed at everything he does. It's becoming uncomfortable to watch. Also just look at the kids and tell them to clean up their messes. If you have to get out a whistle and get your kids to do things then you need to really let your kids know that you are in charge. Also if its that hard for you to get your kids to do a chore then don't reward them. Reward them when they start getting things done on their own. 

• Like 8

During the convo with Blake Danielle immediately blames Adam for not paying attention to Blakes new school schedule.  Blake is telling her she didn't want to bother to tell her because she is too busy working.... and still Danielle wouldn't take any responsibility.  Obviously it was more important to Danielle than it was to  either Blake or to Adam, but why doesn't Danielle get it and admit she screwed up? I guess it's just never her fault

WHY do they use disposable plastic water bottles?

Looks like Danielle went out and bought all new stuff to go camping.

• Like 6
4 hours ago, endure said:

During the convo with Blake Danielle immediately blames Adam for not paying attention to Blakes new school schedule.  Blake is telling her she didn't want to bother to tell her because she is too busy working.... and still Danielle wouldn't take any responsibility.  Obviously it was more important to Danielle than it was to  either Blake or to Adam, but why doesn't Danielle get it and admit she screwed up? I guess it's just never her fault

WHY do they use disposable plastic water bottles?

Looks like Danielle went out and bought all new stuff to go camping.

How did Danielle screw up? She never saw the paper. Blayke and Adam didn’t tell her about it. How was she to know?

Picking classes for 7th grade is important; it sets the path and affects the classes you can take in high school. Danielle was right to want to make sure the classes were appropriate. 

• Like 3
On 8/16/2023 at 9:34 AM, SDVegas said:

I didn’t hear one please or thank you at the ice cream shop. Stellar kid raising going on in this family. 

I know right?! The kids never say please or thank you. But I didn't hear those words from Adam and Danielle either. Downright rude. 

• Like 6

So was Adam the idiot that let the one girl spray flammable cooking oil on the griddle or did she just up and do it herself? They are extremely lucky that it was not serious and she could have been seriously hurt. So all that for just one-night camping seems ridiculous to me. 

• Like 3
7 hours ago, Elodia said:

I know right?! The kids never say please or thank you. But I didn't hear those words from Adam and Danielle either. Downright rude. 

I did hear one thank you last night! So rare that I immediately took note. 
Happened when Adam handed one of the girls a bottle of water as they were heading on their long (2.5 - 3 hour) trip lol 

• Like 2

A Brit here, but with family/friends dotted around North America so I spend a lot of time "across the pond". I've spent so much of my time trying to teach grandchildren and nieces and nephews to say please and thank you and my d-i-l (who is Canadian) readily admits that if it weren't for me & my son - who was raised in the UK - their children would never say please and thank you as much as they do - it's the perception here that you rarely get a please or thank you from Americans. Good to know there's a lot of you who do teach their kids good manners - maybe we focus too much on those who don't say it rather than those who do!

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
14 hours ago, SDVegas said:

How did Danielle screw up? She never saw the paper. Blayke and Adam didn’t tell her about it. How was she to know?

Picking classes for 7th grade is important; it sets the path and affects the classes you can take in high school. Danielle was right to want to make sure the classes were appropriate. 

I guess in my opinion if you are the mother and this is important to you then you should be aware or she should have communicated to Adam and to Blayke and the school that she wants to know, not find out after the fact and blame others.  The last thing I would want to hear from my child is I didn’t want to bother you because you are too busy working.

Edited by endure
  • Like 9

Isn't the latest storyline "Danielle has a brick and mortar store, Adam is in charge at home"?  Sure, Adam has his "production company", but the only thing it produces is video of his little money makers, er, children.   He's the Primary Caregiver. So, it's the reverse of most households, dating back centuries but continuing in most of them to this day.  My father never saw, let alone signed, a school form in my entire childhood. 

• Like 4
17 hours ago, SDVegas said:

Long time public school educator here. Very unlikely Danielle and/or Adam didn't get email/texts/fb messages re Blayke's enrollment for school. The information is out there for weeks ahead of time. I'm calling Shenanigans!

• Like 15
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, endure said:

The last thing I would want to hear from my child is I didn’t want to bother you because you are too busy working.

My hunch is that's bull on Blayke's part.  She just didn't want to take the harder course so she purposely kept her mom in the dark. (And I bet she and some of her friends decided to take the easier class together.) Kids have been pulling this stuff since the dawn of time.

Edited by JeanJean
  • Like 7
On 8/15/2023 at 4:28 PM, zoomama said:

totally thought the same thing!

one - robin.   its a mess.  nowhere i want to be, thats for sur!!!

Correction: Sobbin'.

• Like 1

I hate to be a party-pooper, but I call BS on the "marital strife."  They know this show is on life support and are desperate to drum up any form of viewer interest.  I have a feeling ratings climbed while Yawn and Hate's marriage circled the drain.  Personally, her abuse of him was why I kept tuning in; morbid curiosity as to how much he'd take!  D&A can barely keep straight faces as they exchange barbs...

What might be real, however, is Danielle's latent resentment of the quints that's beginning to show.  Her body "hasn't been the same since"; really?  Because she had a pretty kick-a$$ body and was capable of marathons and spin classes and handstands all over the world until just a year or two ago, IIRC.  And what's with naming her BRICK-AND-MORTAR store after the male child she never had and calling it her "baby"?  Also interesting is Kiki's sudden interest in fitness now that Danielle (supposedly) isn't physically capable of outdoing her.  Sibling rivalry???

Bottom line: the girls just aren't that remarkable anymore, and the baby voices don't help, so please stop with that!

• Like 4
  • Applause 3

Whenever I see interactions between D & A, I do feel like I notice a difference lately. I think he’s reacting to whatever her health challenges are at her weight gain.

I heard a saying the other day that really stuck with me “women get married hoping the man will change, and men get married hoping the woman won’t change “. Word!

my ex-husband was and still is fit and trim and loves exercise and keeping himself in great shape. I was the same while we were dating and married initially for the first few years, but not as intense about it as he. Several years later, I came down with a chronic illness (MS) where pain and fatigue are some thing to deal with almost 24/7. So my body changed and my behavior changed even though I tried so many things to battle the pain and fatigue.
Anyway, my point is that the ex definitely changed his attitude towards me in many ways when I wasn’t that energetic fit woman anymore. I’m not huge or anything and people tell me that I look pretty and I do feel like I do look pretty nice most of the time. What I have and whatever Danielle with these chronic illnesses are often called invisible illnesses because it’s often hard to see from the outside and Most people will say you look fine. It’s so frustrating.

I feel like this is what’s happening with D and A he is not happy at all about the changes in her in terms of her energy level, appearance, and probably attitude as well, which often can’t be helped when someone is in chronic pain.

I just feel like I see subtle and not so subtle differences in the way they interact. Sometimes it seems like he’s barely looking at her when she’s talking, and they both just seem distant and drifting even further away from each other. Maybe I’m personalizing it too much but it’s just seems all too familiar for me with them and I feel bad about it for them. And for the girls all of their girls. Sorry for the long message, hope I sort of made my point! 

• Like 6
  • Hugs 5
  • Applause 1
18 hours ago, seasons said:

Whenever I see interactions between D & A, I do feel like I notice a difference lately. I think he’s reacting to whatever her health challenges are at her weight gain.

I heard a saying the other day that really stuck with me “women get married hoping the man will change, and men get married hoping the woman won’t change “. Word!

my ex-husband was and still is fit and trim and loves exercise and keeping himself in great shape. I was the same while we were dating and married initially for the first few years, but not as intense about it as he. Several years later, I came down with a chronic illness (MS) where pain and fatigue are some thing to deal with almost 24/7. So my body changed and my behavior changed even though I tried so many things to battle the pain and fatigue.
Anyway, my point is that the ex definitely changed his attitude towards me in many ways when I wasn’t that energetic fit woman anymore. I’m not huge or anything and people tell me that I look pretty and I do feel like I do look pretty nice most of the time. What I have and whatever Danielle with these chronic illnesses are often called invisible illnesses because it’s often hard to see from the outside and Most people will say you look fine. It’s so frustrating.

I feel like this is what’s happening with D and A he is not happy at all about the changes in her in terms of her energy level, appearance, and probably attitude as well, which often can’t be helped when someone is in chronic pain.

I just feel like I see subtle and not so subtle differences in the way they interact. Sometimes it seems like he’s barely looking at her when she’s talking, and they both just seem distant and drifting even further away from each other. Maybe I’m personalizing it too much but it’s just seems all too familiar for me with them and I feel bad about it for them. And for the girls all of their girls. Sorry for the long message, hope I sort of made my point! 

No apology necessary! I’m sorry you were treated like that. I noticed the same attitude from Adam. What ever happened to “in sickness and in health”, huh? 

Y’all leave Sean McVay out of this mess!! 🤣

• LOL 5
20 hours ago, seasons said:

I think he’s reacting to whatever her health challenges are

Does anyone know if Danielle had a boob job?

I'm just wondering if her mystery autoimmune disease could have anything to do with a reaction to implants particularly if they're silicone.

• Useful 8
On 8/24/2023 at 1:12 PM, Dibs said:. 

And what's with naming her BRICK-AND-MORTAR store after the male child she never had and calling it her "baby"? 

THIS is what I want to know. 

Is this shop name some kind of resentment, regret, or ?

I don’t even know what it could be. But it seems creepy and unhealthy to me. 

I would love to see them sit down with a therapist and explore this issue. 

• Like 3
On 8/15/2023 at 8:19 PM, missnoa said:

I don't think that the quints would qualify as "medically challenged" anymore though - they seem to be free of any serious health issues. So now they are basically just paying for 6 kids.

Once upon a time (~early '90s), any baby born at less than 3lbs received a monthly cash payment from the government for life once you signed your kid up for it (if your kid was 2 years old when you found out about the program, you didn't get the back pay that you missed but payments would start then). Future good health or adequate income didn't matter. It was an unconditional benefit. I don't know if that still exists.

I don't remember the name of the program, and I'm not interested enough to spend the time searching for it.

• Useful 3
29 minutes ago, JeanJean said:

Major pet peeve: When did people start saying "whenever"  instead of "when"? (Or should I say,  whenever did people start...)

THIS!! Adam is the worst, but I've heard it from Blayke,  and in the episode I'm just watching, Danielle says "whenever we return from camping, we need to address this issue." Does she mean every time they return from camping, she has to address this issue, or if ever they return from camping they need to address it, because that's what she is saying. 

I found an explanation, now just need to figure out how to get it to the family: https://preply.com/en/question/when-vs-whenever-what-is-the-difference-53187

• Like 1
  • Applause 3

1 hour ago, salvame said:

THIS!! Adam is the worst,

I know! He used it something like 6 times within 2 or 3 consecutive sentences tonight.

Language is always evolving, of course, so this particular word swap may be here to stay. It's just jarring to me right now.

Edited by JeanJean
added something
  • Mind Blown 1

Do we really have to see the saga of Hazel learning (or should I say NOT learning) how to ride a bike - every single week? Can’t wait for the season finale which I can’t imagine will be anything other than - Hazel has finally learned to ride a bike. 

Yeesh

• Like 1
  • LOL 5